Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Emphasis On Sahabas

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

As I look more into the Sunni sect, the main thing that i have noticed that causes people to believe Shia is in the wrong is because of the stance on abubakr, umar and uthman. 

I am curious as to why is there so much emphasis on them?

Even if i didn't have a bad opinion on them, i would basically be indifferent.

They are just human beings, so why must i put so much influence on someone who is fallible and therefore in my opinion, whether i basically ignore their existence or not, it has nothing to do with my following of the religion of Islam. 

If Sunni's get mad about peoples opinions on Abubakr, Umar and Uthman, what about the 7 Imams after Imam Hussein that I don't see anyone Acknowledging? 

I don't mean to offend anyone.. I am just genuinely curious. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member

As I look more into the Sunni sect, the main thing that i have noticed that causes people to believe Shia is in the wrong is because of the stance on abubakr, umar and uthman. 

The three caliphs are essentially Sunnis pillar of faith. When proven, that  those  three caliphs were transgressor, then there whole faith crumbles because they take 99% of their Religion from those companions.

OP:

Too much emphasis on Sahaba which Sunnis and Wahabis do is EXTREME SHIRK. Because its against the order and intention of Allah swt.

Too much emphasis on Ahlulbayt which Shia do is EXTREME EIMAN. Because its is exactly in the order of Allah swt and His Prophet to love them, to obey them, to keep attached to Quran and to Ahlulbayt, to befriend their friends, to disassociate with their enemies, to be happy in Ahlulbaut happiness, to be sad in Ahlulbayt sorrow, to love and care for them more than our own parents, children, and possessions and so on...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Basic Members

the so called "muslim caliphate" is nothing but a lie, it was a system used to put the oppressors up top to victimize the oppressed. People like abu baker forced muslims to pledge allegiance to him, they grabbed imam ali as by his beard and forced him out of his house, these people burned the house of the prophets daughter after they killed her! this was clearly a system of politics not religion.

• Advanced Member

I am curious as to why is there so much emphasis on them?

Even if i didn't have a bad opinion on them, i would basically be indifferent.

They are just human beings, so why must i put so much influence on someone who is fallible and therefore in my opinion, whether i basically ignore their existence or not, it has nothing to do with my following of the religion of Islam.

If Sunni's get mad about peoples opinions on Abubakr, Umar and Uthman, what about the 7 Imams after Imam Hussein that I don't see anyone Acknowledging?

I don't mean to offend anyone.. I am just genuinely curious.

I don't believe Shia is wrong. And I don't believe Sunni is wrong.

This is politics.

The pillars of faith for both are the same. So how can either one be "wrong"?

They are just humans, all of the companions were. All the Prophets were humans too.

Surah al-Kahf, verse 110

Say: "I am but a man like yourselves, (but) the inspiration has come to me, that your Allah is one Allah: whoever expects to meet his Lord, let him work righteousness, and, in the worship of his Lord, admit no one as partner.

• 1 year later...
  • Advanced Member

I became muslim by reading the Quran but I became a Shia muslim by studying the succession.

There was a certain hollownes in Sunni Islam. It's the lack of consistency and guidance which I both found in Shia Islam.

So Logical, clear and last but not least the presence of Allah through the appointed Imams which I felt earlier when reading the Quran.

It's all good.

Edited by Skanderbeg