Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Shiabro

Things Some Forget To Mention During Muharram

Rate this topic

i don't know if this is the right place to ask this but..is 'making a baby' during muharram and safar ok?some people say it's not preferred..

sorry if my question is improper..

I don't think there is anything wrong with this. One should respect the important days and nights though of 9th, 10th, 20th, the day of Arbaeen, etc.

Based on teachings of Prophet, there are days and times which are NOT recommended for this, and there are others which ARE. You got to be abiding by these timings and then read certain duas if that is the intended purpose. Read this book for details.

http://www.al-islam.org/marriage-and-morals-islam-sayyid-muhammad-rizvi (chapter2.5)

It is a month of sadness, especially the first ten days, and the 40th after Ashura. People tell a lot of things during these ten days but some forget to mention:

-don't watch movies which are funny

-don't go to events other than Muharram

-be careful especially during these days and consider the Wajibaat even more than other days

-people sin often, try to sin less in these days

-be united during these days, don't make unnecessary disagreements

-be careful with your Akhlagh

What other important things do you suggest to be observed?

(Please, no Tatbir(bloodletting) issues, this is not a thread about Tatbir, for Tatbir go to the Tatbir-threads, please)

- Try to suppress the SHOPPING urges.

With Christmas and Thanks Giving sales approaching, it's hard to resist, but try doing it. It's also teaches with how little we can live with and don't have to keep buying and buying.

In my family, we don't buy anything new till the 9th of Rabi ul Awwal except for groceries.

Edited by Waiting for HIM