Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Awaiting Al_Faraj

Shia Sunni Unity

Rate this topic

I am a shia and have several non-shia friends, consequently there is a

lot of disagreement on issues related to Imamat of Ali(as), Fadak,

Karbala, and many more. I come up with hadiths from my faith, they come up with hadiths of their faith, so at last no conclusion is drawn and all discourse goes vain.

What can i do to settle the matter ? Is there

any way to put an end to this Shia-Sunni fighting that is not ending

since 1400 years ? Please enlighten me on this issue, i want to unite

people of the muslim ummah.

Karbala, and many more. I come up with hadiths from my faith, they come up with hadiths of their faith, so at last no conclusion is drawn and all discourse goes vain.

Dear brother, I do not know where Your having your Friends either at your School or whatever Learn Facility, but I advise you if you "Want" to have a debate, it's best to do some Good Research on this issue and then start talking before at hand, and My dear brother the Whole Concept of Debate is to basically prove your point of view by providing them with their own resources and if they wanted to prove their point of view they must provide you with your own Resources, if you think the 1400 year split is going to end, its not until the Imam Mahdi (a.f) is going to come, however that does not mean we cannot unite to preserve our Human Understanding and the Beauty of Morality. I made a post on this issue which you might Want to have a look at concerning the Tragedy of Imam Hussain (a.s) :

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/235018397-blood-of-imam-ali-and-imam-hussain-as/

And you might want to read this which will help you concerning Imam Hussain (a.s): (Clickhere) And also (clickHere)

However if you are currently studying, I advise you to focus on your studies, for you will gain more than mere debates of no Objective. In addition if you have any Questions on the issue and you are having trouble with, please post the Question here and I will attempt to Answer your Question with Authentic sources from their Side and ours if you wish.

(wasalam) 

Edited by TheIslamHistory

Guyz just leave shiaizm n sunnizm just believe on following things

The most BENEFICIAL Allah

OUR BELOVED HOLY PROPHET PBUH

MOLA ALI AS

BIBI FATIMA AS

IMAM HASSAN AS

IMAM HUSSAIN AS

AND ALL 12 IMAMS

ND do lanat on their enemies whoever they are ...

You will be succeed in duniya n akhira..

I am sunni, and i have many brothers and sisters in islam of the Shia sect... I want to believe in what is right without labelling it! 

The History of Islam especially the death of Prophet Muhamed (saw) grandson, Hussein (RA) :( 

However I do not see the any logic behind the gatherings on this day for mourning, whereas in Islam mourning is not good in Islam, yes mourning is ok for a certain period of time. I just feel there is an exaggeration and innovation in what is practiced today. Even the prophet (SAW) knew what will happen and did not mourn, yes he cried, but thats different then gathering peple together and crying together. Its a shame that instead of just educating each other about these things, shia and sunni muslims fight.

i personally believe that the conflict you see now was started by the west to remove the unity of Islam. Because although we may have some differences in practices our foundation is the same.

Please take no offence of what I am saying, But I am here to learn and undertand.

Jazzakallu Khaira 

if the Shias want to mourn, let them do so. Why should it bother anyone? All they are doing is showing their love for hz Hussain and feel his pain. It is the holy prophet's most beloved grandson we are talking about and nobody less. let is not get carrried away by trying to see 'innovation' in everything. Remember hz Umar himself introduced the tarawih prayer and called it 'good innovation.' I agree it's sad to see sunnis and shias fighting each other because of extreme elements on both sides. Do you think this will make the prophet happy?

Dear Brother Mazher, your thoughts are so noble, but please do not expect to "put an end to shia-sunni ...of 1400 years"

what we need is more people who think like you..and that has to come from within. people should understand that 95% is common between us and we should not look at the 5% and fight

what is the reason behind Allah swt sending the prophets? to make people believers.

once you are a believer, other things hardly matter

one God, one prophet, one Book, belief in day of judgement, prayer, zakath, love of ahlul bayt..then what are we fighting about?

(bismillah)

(salam)

I suggest you don't get involved in little debates like this as it won't settle anything between either sides very much . If you know they are sincere & have a general interest in Shi'ism then by all means discuss with them.

Prophet Muhammad  (pbuh) told us to adhere to two weighty things; The Qur'an &  Ahlulbayt (as). He furthermore said there will be 12 successors after him. The only way to unite all Muslims is through the rightly appointed representatives of Allah (azwj) on earth. 

Keep reading on different issues and seeking knowledge with a sincere intention. This forum has some good threads & many members who will be able to help you InshaAllah.

Edited by Hussainiyat Zindabad

What can i do to settle the matter ? 

Avoid religious discussions as far as possible.

There are good people among both the Sunnis and the Shias and also others.

Keep friendly relations with everyone, including non-Muslims. 

Why do you want to prove to anyone who is right and who is wrong?

Leave it to the experts.

Is there any way to put an end to this Shia-Sunni fighting that is not ending since 1400 years ? 

No