Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Gohan

Ocd Shirk

Rate this topic

Slmwrwb,

Ive a big problem Ive been suffering from ocd for 8 months now. I get these pictures every second in my mind. Like pictures of harm, shirk, kufur I dont know what to do about it. I get pictures about other pagan deities like krishna, buddha etc it has made me confused. I cant see the truth anymore  can someone help me out of this? I just want to have certainty about shia islam and I want these pictures to get out of my mind :(

If you collect all seven dragon balls, you can then make a wish to stop it all.

However you must address as to how and why these thoughts occurred. You point out 8 months as being the time frame, therefore we must go back beginning of that period. Observe what you were reading, feeling and what experiences you had, that now have effected this thought process.

Im verry afraid I will enter hell forever. because Im absolutely confused because of argueing with myself its all because of ocd. Im in doubt I cant see the truth anymore. I dont feel the greatness of Allah anymore I dont know what to do

Im verry afraid I will enter hell forever. because Im absolutely confused because of argueing with myself its all because of ocd. Im in doubt I cant see the truth anymore. I dont feel the greatness of Allah anymore I dont know what to do

This is all satanic thoughts from Shaytan. Being the Shaytan that he is, he is casting all these doubts in your mind. You just need to persevere brother. This will help you feel the greatness of Allaah again insha'Allaah:

You who believe! Be mindful of God, and let every soul consider carefully what it sends ahead for tomorrow; be mindful of God, for God is well aware of everything you do. Do not be like those who forget God, so God causes them to forget their own souls: they are the rebellious ones– there is no comparison between the inhabitants of the Fire and the inhabitants of Paradise– and the inhabitants of Paradise are the successful ones. If We had sent this Qur'an down to a mountain, you [Prophet] would have seen it humbled and split apart in its awe of God: We offer people such illustrations so that they may reflect.

He is God: there is no god other than Him. It is He who knows what is hidden as well as what is in the open, He is the Lord of Mercy, the Giver of Mercy. He is God: there is no god other than Him, the Controller, the Holy One, Source of Peace, Granter of Security, Guardian over all, the Almighty, the Compeller, the Truly Great; God is far above anything they consider to be His partner. He is God: the Creator, the Originator, the Shaper. The best names belong to Him. Everything in the heavens and earth glorifies Him: He is the Almighty, the Wise. [soorah Hashr 59:18-24]

Ibn al-Qayyim said:

"He is controlling the affairs of all the kingdoms. He commands and prohibits, creates and gives provision, and gives death and gives life. He raises and lowers peoples status, alternates night and day, gives days (good and not so good) to men by turns, and causes nations to rise and fall, so that one nation vanishes and another emerges. His command and decree are carried out throughout the heavens and on earth, above it and below it, in the oceans and in the air. He has knowledge of all things and knows the number of all things. He hears all voices, and does not mistake one for another; He hears them all, in all the different languages and with all their varied requests and pleas. No voice distracts Him from hearing another, He does not confuse their requests, and He never tires of hearing the pleas of those in need. He sees all that is visible, even the walk of a black ant across a solid rock in the darkest night.

The unseen is visible to Him, and secrets are known to Him Whosoever is in the heavens and on earth begs of Him (its needs from Him). Every day He has a matter to bring forth (such as giving honour to some, disgrace to some, life to some, death to some, etc.)! [al-Rahmaan 55:29 interpretation of the meaning]. He forgives sins, eases worries, relieves distress, helps the defeated person back on his feet, makes the poor rich, guides the one who is astray and confused, fulfils the needs of the desperate, feeds the hungry, clothes the naked, conceals faults, and calms fears. He raises the status of some and lowers the status of others Even if all the inhabitants of heaven and earth, the first and the last of them, mankind and jinn alike, were to be as pious as the most pious among them, this would not increase His sovereignty in the slightest; if they all, the first and the last of them, mankind and jinn alike, were to be as rebellious as the most rebellious among them, this would not decrease His sovereignty in the slightest. If everything in heaven and on earth, the first and the last of them, mankind and jinn, living and dead, animate and inanimate, were to stand in one place and ask of Him, and He were to give them everything that they asked for, thiswould not decrease what He has by even an atoms weight.

He is the First, before Whom there is nothing, and the Last, after Whom there is nothing, may He be blessed and exalted. He is the Most deserving of being remembered, the Most deserving of being worshipped, the Most deserving of being thanked. He is the Most Compassionate of kings, the Most Generous of those who are asked He is the King Who has no partner or associate, the One who has no rival, the Self-Sufficient Master, Who has no son, the Most High, and there is none like unto Him. Everything will perish save His face [al-Qasas 28:88 interpretation of the meaning], and everything will vanish except His sovereignty He will not be obeyed except by His permission, and He will not be disobeyed except with His knowledge. He is obeyed, so He shows His appreciation, and He is disobeyed, so he forgives. Every punishment on His part is justice, and every blessing from Him is a favour. He is the closest of witnesses and the nearest of protectors. He seizes people by their forelocks, records their deeds and decrees the appointed time for all things. Hearts conceal nothing from Him, for secrets are known to Him. His gift is a word and His punishment is a word: Verily, His Command, when He intends a thing, is only that He says to it, Be! and it is. [Yaa-Seen 36:82 interpretation of the meaning]. (Adapted from al-Waabil al-Sayib, p. 125). http://www.islamawareness.net/Allah/greatness.html

Watch this, this is also phenomenal:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBVqOJEapEQ

Just remain patient brother. Allaah will not punish you in account of your thoughts. He knows what is happening to you and He will reward you for your patience if you remain firm and trust in Him. I will keep you in my Du`a as well. Insha'Allah your condition improve bro.

I've always wondered why individuals with mental illnesses have issues with religious things and often claim to be prophets and or say extremely blasphemous things. Bit absurd to reject all of that as mere coincidence. I have no doubt it, more often than not, is from the Shaytan and Jinn.

Edited by Ali Musaaa :)

This advice may be wrong, i'm not a scholar, nor have i studied islam, but i too have had ocd, i too have had random thoughts popping up, i too have doubted the existence of Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì. 

Make firm your faith in what you believe in through gaining knowledge on the topics, and proving through rational, that which can be proven through rational (Some things can be proven rationally such as the existence of God, some things cant be proven rationally such as why fajr is 2 rakats, but once you rationally come to the conclusion that Islam is right, then you would naturally accept fajr being 2 rakats, because you reached the naql (text/tradition) through the aql (intellect), and the naql tells you its 2 rakats for fajr salah)

e.g. If you doubt the existence of God, go to the scholars who can teach you the proofs for the existence of God, such as Burhan an-Nidham amongst many other proofs. 

I think it would be good to start with the principles and go through them in order i.e. Tawheed, Adala, Nubuwwa, Imamah, Ma'ad.

Also avoid sinning, this is something which i believe can take someone down the road of doubts. I'm not saying anyone who has substantial doubts definitely falls into sin, but perhaps it is a possibility that its because of their sins.

As for the images popping up into your head, ignore, ignore ignore.

Also seek help from Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì.

Once again, im not a scholar, im a young person who has gone through those stages before, and this was my own way of overcoming these issues, and i believe alhamdulillah my faith became stronger after those doubts entered and answers were sought, but that doesnt mean it will definitely be the same for other people.

Edited by Shia_Debater

1) Read a few pages of the Quran every day with translation

2) Read a few pages of the Quran every day with translation

3) Read a few pages of the Quran every day with translation

Perhaps the highest level of Iman, certainty, peace and tranquility that I personally have felt, is whenever I've read Quran with its meaning verse by verse, in a quiet place, being alone. 

4) Try to keep ur self accompanied by practicing muslims. 

Edited by SlaveOfAllah14

Don't be afraid brother, this is not you that is thinking these thought this satan implanting these thought in your head, he knows u are capable of being a moamin and that his fear, so he wants to you to feel guilty. You are strong, when you feel this happening just imagine his face and say na3latallah ala shatan, a otha Mina shaytan al rajeem bismilah arhaman al Raheem and then just imagine his face and imagine to throw stones, that vision bad vision that you have will go away inshallah by the will of Allah (s.w.t)

slm

its allmost 9 months now . i used to be such a strong believer in Allah i had absolute certainty no doubts nothing. but now thats all gone i now feel doomed. some time ago a person said to me that even shia islam is not doubt free is this true? or does the guy not know what he is talking about

(bismillah)

(salam)

Gain your knowledge in Islam brother. When you start to know more, you will start to get less of these thoughts. You are not the only one in this, many people go through this in life. It can be a test for you so don't become down about it. The Shaytan is always playing with our heads. He fears it when we get closer to Allah.

Brother, what you should do is that you must IGNORE everything you get in the hand which is bad. So, if you get DOUBTS et.c THEN IGNORE. Just ignore.

It will go away then. If you think it is hard, then fight!!

I feel as if I will go to hell man and Im now in such a situation that I kind of really dont care about going to hell forever because I just cant fight anymore

Your worrying means you are fighting back and you are conscious.  It's like having a fever during an infection.  It feels hot and painful, but that's part of the healing process.  You will be cleansed soon, just clear your mind and put in the effort.

Calm this generalized anxiety in any way you can.  Migrate physically if you can.  If you can't, migrate mentally.  The world is big enough to help you. 

Your worrying means you are fighting back and you are conscious.  It's like having a fever during an infection.  It feels hot and painful, but that's part of the healing process.  You will be cleansed soon, just clear your mind and put in the effort.

Calm this generalized anxiety in any way you can.  Migrate physically if you can.  If you can't, migrate mentally.  The world is big enough to help you. 

hey hey hey

Do meditations. Concentration on muscle relaxation, colors, or beach/nice place scenery...and if you can't do that, just focus on breathing and noticing your breath. I think meditation would be good for you and you can do it every time you get these thoughts. 

(salam)

1st: What is o.c.d. ?

2nd: if you are getting picture flashes in front of your eyes, it could be your blood sugar or -if it's mostly flashing light- a tumor.

I'd go to your local clinic tomorrow.