Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Guest filipini

Were The 14 Infallibles Poor

Rate this topic

Guest filipini

Assalamu Alaykum brothers and sisters,

I have always wondered if they were rich or if they were poor? I read many ahadith about the loftiness of poverty. And these are from the 14 Infallibles' words.

I have two questions really :

1. If they were rich, then why would they all praise poverty and admonish wealth?

2. if they were poor, then why for example the Prophet had Fadak? and that Imam Husayn (as) gave someone pearls and gold for teaching Imam As-Sajjad the word Bismillah?

Please do help me guys, I am confused.:(

(bismillah)

(wasalam)

Apparently, Poor, but in real Rich!

Because poor people have nothing to do with ego, and they are always humble and they are the sincere ones I think. That's why they have been praised by Aimma (as) .

AhlulBayt  (as)  were also poor. 

Fadak was not a real property, some thieves stole it from Aimma  (as).

Need an explanation about this.

and that Imam Husayn (as) gave someone pearls and gold for teaching Imam As-Sajjad the word Bismillah?

Hearing it first time, why on the earth Imam Sajjad  (as)  needed to learn saying  (bismillah)  from an other person?

Some Imams and Prophets had large incomes but in many cases they gave all of the money to the needy so they were both rich and poor in that sense. Being rich is not bad Prophets Sulaiman and Dawud were some of the richets people to ever live. What is encouraged is the capability to live in poverty and richness and to never be ungrateful to Allah in either state, what is encouraged is retreat from this world and independence of mind from this world so that a person truly becomes rich.

As Imam Ali said to Kumayl ibn Ziyad: "...knowledge is better than wealth because while you have to guard wealth, knowledge guards you..."

(bismillah)

(wasalam)

Apparently, Poor, but in real Rich!

Because poor people have nothing to do with ego, and they are always humble and they are the sincere ones I think. That's why they have been praised by Aimma (as) .

AhlulBayt  (as)  were also poor. 

Fadak was not a real property, some thieves stole it from Aimma  (as).

Need an explanation about this.

Hearing it first time, why on the earth Imam Sajjad  (as)  needed to learn saying  (bismillah)  from an other person?

(wasalam)

"some thieves stole it from Aimma"?

The same 'thieves' then gave other lands, that were bigger and expensive than Fadak, to Aimmah (as).

Guest filipini

Well, I heard it from Nakshawani's lecture about the 14 Infallibles. Its in youtube. He said that Imam Husayn (as) gave heaps of gold and pearls to the man.

(wasalam)

"some thieves stole it from Aimma"?

The same 'thieves' then gave other lands, that were bigger and expensive than Fadak, to Aimmah (as).

Something's on fire, Or May I say, Someone is on the fire :dry:

"then gave other lands" , which one? that were bigger than Fadak?

Answer this question with full Reference. Waiting :)

Well, I heard it from Nakshawani's lecture about the 14 Infallibles. Its in youtube. He said that Imam Husayn (as) gave heaps of gold and pearls to the man.

To teach Imam Sajjad ( (as) the word (bismillah) ?

I think , it would be much better for you follow the books Brother.

Peace!

Edited by Hina_Batool

Something's on fire, Or May I say, Someone is on the fire :dry:

"then gave other lands" , which one? that were bigger than Fadak?

Answer this question with full Reference. Waiting :)

The land of Yanbu was a vast land given to Ali (ra) by Omar (ra) during his caliphate. [References]

Not to forget other wealth (i.e. share from spoils of war, lands captured through conquest etc) that Ahlulbait would receive from the 'thieves'.

Whenever Omar (ra) wanted to distribute some wealth, he would not start with himself or his family, he would first start with the Ahlulbait. [references]

The same 'thieves' then gave other lands, that were bigger and expensive than Fadak, to Aimmah  (as).

Oh I see... so these "amazing rulers" get to decide whether ahlul bayts (as) rightful property actually belongs to them or not... and take and give at their leisure!