Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Qur'an 21:7-8S

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(salam)

And We sent not before you, [O Muhammad], except men to whom We revealed [the message], so ask the people of the message if you do not know. - 21:7

And We did not make the prophets forms not eating food, nor were they immortal [on earth]. - 21:8

The apparent meaning of the above verses indicate that the prophets are not immortal, yet our belief is that Nabi 'Isa (as) and Khidhr (as) are still alive. 

If someone could elaborate on this please or if one could give an explanation in the light of the traditions of the ma'sumeen (as) on the above ayahs then it'd be much appreciated.

(wasalam)

And We did not make the prophets forms not eating food, nor were they immortal [on earth]. - 21:8

There's a hint.

I don't belief Isa is still alive simply because the Quran itself says that Isa died. Traditional Islam is full with "believes" that have been adopted from Judaism and Christianity.

No it doesn't. The Qur'an explicitly says God "raised" Jesus up to him.

And it's "beliefs."

Edited by polymath07
  • Advanced Member

Remember when God said, "O Jesus! Verily I will cause thee to die, and will take thee up to myself and deliver thee from those who believe not; and I will place those who follow thee above those who believe not, until the day of resurrection. Then, to me is your return, and wherein ye differ will I decide between you. – [3:55]

I did not say to them aught save what Thou didst enjoin me with: That serve Allah, my Lord and your Lord, and I was a witness of them so long as I was among them, but when Thou didst cause me to die, Thou wert the watcher over them, and Thou art witness of all things. – [5:117]

And why is "on earth" between brackets???? Because it is NOT in the text. But because the original text contradicts what these priests want you to belief they have added it to the words of God.

Edited by thabo

Remember when God said, "O Jesus! Verily I will cause thee to die, and will take thee up to myself and deliver thee from those who believe not; and I will place those who follow thee above those who believe not, until the day of resurrection. Then, to me is your return, and wherein ye differ will I decide between you. – [3:55]

I did not say to them aught save what Thou didst enjoin me with: That serve Allah, my Lord and your Lord, and I was a witness of them so long as I was among them, but when Thou didst cause me to die, Thou wert the watcher over them, and Thou art witness of all things. – [5:117]

And why is "on earth" between brackets???? Because it is NOT in the text. But because the original text contradicts what these priests want you to belief they have added it to the words of God.

There's a hint.

No it doesn't. The Qur'an explicitly says God "raised" Jesus up to him.

And it's "beliefs."

So just for clarification, where else can some one not be immortal?...