Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Dawoodi Bohras

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Hello everyone

I was born a dawoodi but I'm having some serious doubts about them. I doubt them because they seem to worship a man, they even say that the current Da'i (the leader of our demographic) is the angel Jibrail A.S.  I still pray like them even though I no longer consider myself one of them, since its the only way i know to do salah. Is this wrong?

Are they muslims? If i die as one will i enter paradise? I have virtually no information regarding them, so I came here to see your opinions. 

Do i have to understand the arabic in order for my prayers to be accepted? I want to become a real shia and set my self straight because I am starting to notice that my life is going nowhere, and therefore i request the help of Allah swt for success. I feel half hearted when i do salah, half because i dont know what i'm doing or saying, and half because i dont feel anything inside anymore. we are forbidden to read translations of the Holy Quran, is this right?

So what do you people think of them? And how do i convert without my parents and masjid knowing?

• Advanced Member

(salam) bro, I was also in a similar position as you. My family are Dawoodi bohra but I coverted almost 3 years ago alhamdulillah. It will be good if you have some sort of communication application such as Skype perhaps?

Will try & clarify any questions you might have and also can introduce you to some brothers who were bohra and also converted. 

Look forward to hearing from you.

(wasalam) take care

Edited by Labbayk
  • Veteran Member

(salam) bro, I was also in a similar position as you. My family are Dawoodi bohra but I coverted almost 3 years ago alhamdulillah. It will be good if you have some sort of communication application such as Skype perhaps?

Will try & clarify any questions you might have and also can introduce you to some brothers who were bohra and also converted. 

(wasalam) take care

(wasalam) take care

Ahsant!

• Advanced Member

(salam)

I don't see there is anything wrong with the Dawoodi Bohras original beliefs, however it does seem that there has been some departing from the original beliefs by the last two Da'i. But there is a strong movement within the Bohra community against the current Da'i as you can see in this site

http://dawoodi-bohras.com/home/

Why don't you join forces with these Dawoodi "reformists"? And straighten out your faith back to what it should be and was before these last Da'i came to power?