Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ayeesha

Tonight Was My First Time In A Shia Masjid

Rate this topic

We walked in while everyone was in a circle eating and it was very awkward because no one came to the door to welcome or greet us. I seen a sister coming down small stair case and I greeted her and she greeted me and said they're eating and going to have a Quran circle in Farsi tonight. A brother came down the stairs and greeted us too and welcomed us and said would we like to eat? And even tho we dont speak Farsi we should still join. 

We didn't want to be rude or anything but it was extremely awkward lol .. we told them we just wanted to see the masjid since we moved by and its extremely close by and we'd be back next time in sha Allah..

hehe thats my first day 

We walked in while everyone was in a circle eating and it was very awkward because no one came to the door to welcome or greet us. I seen a sister coming down small stair case and I greeted her and she greeted me and said they're eating and going to have a Quran circle in Farsi tonight. A brother came down the stairs and greeted us too and welcomed us and said would we like to eat? And even tho we dont speak Farsi we should still join. 

We didn't want to be rude or anything but it was extremely awkward lol .. we told them we just wanted to see the masjid since we moved by and its extremely close by and we'd be back next time in sha Allah..

hehe thats my first day 

Why was it awkward? And how different do you think the Shia masjid is from a Sunni?

Salam!

I hope you Enjoyed your First Visit and will be back Inshaallah.

Here in Germany we have quite a few Shia Mosques. Mostly in bigger Citys. I personaly love the one in Hamburg. Wich is Iranian and for Germany the direct Follower of Sayed Khamenei.

http://en.izhamburg.com/

There are Pictures of the Mosque as well in theire Site.

ws Salima

Why was it awkward? And how different do you think the Shia masjid is from a Sunni?

because we just stood by the door for a few minutes and than we pretended to read the bulletin board  but we finally seen someone come out from a different door and greet us lol  and it was different our masjid is way bigger here and the upstairs is for woman and downstairs is for men but  the upstairs has huge mirrors looking down to see the speaker and imam, and quran reciters the shia one everyone was sitting together and it looked very small but i read on the website their planing on doing an expansion .. i think its the only official shia mashid here and it was recently open  

what were they eating ?

lol no clue but it looked like everyone was enjoying it but we're going back sunday since theyre having a eid party 

that was more of a Iranian cultural center ... not really a Shi'a Islamic Masjid, very few in north america and europe ... outside of Muslim majority regions of the world, a few real Shi'a Islamic centers can be found in South America ... 

i think .. i don't know. but as the brother said on Fridays its FARSI night and other nights everyone is welcome and learn because its in English.  But maybe you can check out the site ahlul bayt society 

Edited by Ayeesha

All Masjids belong to Allah.

not all , most belong to governments as they are incorporated .

lol no clue but it looked like everyone was enjoying it but we're going back sunday since theyre having a eid party 

The :Shias are the best in serving food , the best meals I ever had in my life were made in :Shia-Majids , it must be the remembrance of the beloved :Ahylul-Bayt (as) , just makes everything sweet , delicious like it was prepared in :Janat.