Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
yazahra313

Looks Doesn't Really Matter :d

Rate this topic

On 10/14/2013 at 12:18 AM, Asad_127 said:

Nice post mA. It is amazing how the nose and ears get bigger as a person gets older.   :)

I guess the guys on the forum who were saying they want a wife that only "looks good" should kinda rethink their criteria, because after 10-20 years its gonna be the akhlaaq that really stays. Same goes in reverse for females :)

On 10/13/2013 at 10:33 PM, yazahra313 said:

Hello Yazahra,

That's cool! Wow! :)

That reminds me of what God told Samuel:

“Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.” - http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20Samuel+16&version=NIV

Still, it is ok to take care of oneself by eating healthy and working out, as well as moisturizing our skin!

Peace and God bless you

Some of them were beautiful both young and old.  Some were not beautiful young. 

Looks do matter - a person should look healthy and dress themselves with a pleasant expression. Nothing is more unattractive than a frown. It is the biological nature of humans to look for a certain body shape, glossy hair, clear skin, that indicate health and reproductive capability. Fashion and cultural bias are poor reasons to choose a spouse.

Physical looks matter a lot to guys, men are very visual and "start" falling in love visually.  Other important things guys get attracted to immediately are compassion, feminine behaviors and other motherly qualities.    

For girls, a guy's physical attractiveness is not really that big a deal.  In fact it means nothing if he doesn't possess strong masculine qualities such as leadership, drive, control, decisiveness, and certitude..ect..

Looks matter to begin with, that is if you want to find a woman on your own without your parents arranging anything. However, looks will become detritus once the personalities come out. No matter how pretty/handsome you are it does not mean you are beautiful. Beauty comes after the personality of a person shapes them.

If you were to compare an extremely attractive woman with an incredibly hideous personality and an average looking woman with a personality that fits your criteria, then you would pick the latter. And this is not just blowing off steam, this is not coming from a junkyard, this is the immaculate truth. I doubt anyone would be able to live with an abusive husband/wife, even if they were incredibly attractive.

If you were to compare an extremely attractive woman with an incredibly hideous personality and an average looking woman with a personality that fits your criteria

Instead of "average looking woman" you should say...

" ...and a woman with an incredibly hideous appearance that fits your criteria"

If one had to choose between those two then I would recommend fasting.

On 10/25/2013 at 12:26 AM, eThErEaL said:

Instead of "average looking woman" you should say...

" ...and a woman with an incredibly hideous appearance that fits your criteria"

If one had to choose between those two then I would recommend fasting.

I'm pretty sure there exists an average looking woman/man with a great personality. It isn't usually the case of deciding between Amazing and intolerable.

On 10/25/2013 at 6:06 PM, itinerary said:

I'm pretty sure there exists an average looking woman/man with a great personality. It isn't usually the case of deciding between Amazing and intolerable.

I am not saying there aren't avg looking girls with an amazing personality (not suggesting that at all)! I am pointing out that the comparison you drew between choosing a very beautiful girl with a horrible character and an average looking girl with an amazing character is not proportionate or logical. You should have drawn a comparison between a very beautiful girl with a horrible personality and a horribly looking girl with a very beautiful personality.

An important note:

Just as it is very rare to come across a horrendous girl with a saintly personality, so also is it rare to come across an extremely beautiful girl with a horrendous personality.

The point I am making here is that for guys, the physical looks of a girl are what first attracts him to her... without which she would not stand a chance, no matter how good her character is. This may sound shallow but this is a fact that any guy here should agree. And she doesn't have to be the most beautiful girl but she should at least have something beautiful about her. And everyone has some kind of beauty (if they are in good health). Leaving out the handicapped and other anomalies, those who we call horrendous are probably those who are not keeping themselves healthy (usually because of their lifestyle and their way of eating)!

it is rare to come across an extremely beautiful girl with a horrendous personality.

Are u ok bro? No it's not.

Very true.

Are u ok bro? No it's not.

I think very beautiful girls are often times misjudged by men who are easily intimidated by their looks. Most of them are just normal! Just as there can be evil girls who are avg looking so also can there be evil girls who are very beautiful and evil girls who are very ugly. There is nothing about looks that make a girl evil or bad. The standard of judging the character of a good looking girl should be the same for the rest of the girls. That is what I mean when I say that "they are normal".

Edited by eThErEaL

Salam Alaykum.

Thank you for sharing the website. It is really nice to the before and after. However, when comes to people of islam and other people outside of islam, looks matter to extend. We are picky human beings. If someone tells you that they don't care about looks, they lying to you and to theirselves. We are judgmental creatures. We think of her body time, hair, eyes, and personality when it comes to judging people. However, I am not saying it isn't wrong. People just have their own preference when it comes to beauty. For example, some will say they preference a blonde hair blue eye girl. Then some say brown hair brown eye girl. It is all about what is your type that you see yourselves. We first judge than we observe.

Thank you for listening,

DreamCatcher

Masalama