Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Sunnis Hate Shias Yet They Say It Is Wahabis, Why?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Sunnis hate Shias, they call Shias kafir, they kill Shias yet they claim that it is Wahhabi and Salafis who kill Shias but personally I've never met a Sunni in my life who kept the same attitude towards me after finding out I am a Shia. Their attitude towards me changes a lot and they see me as evil and tell me that my beliefs are wrong etc etc. Why so much hypocrisy? Being a Shia, I've never called Sunnis a kafir or heard of fellow Shia calling Sunni a kafir when sharing their information. 

I've seen many indirect Anti-Shia post on Pakistani facebook pages and there were many many Sunnis saying Shias are kafir, Shias are not muslim etc etc. What sort of belief is it that they are following? I really want to know why they have so much hypocrisy in their heart. I wouldn't have generalised all Sunnis but I have no choice as I have never met a peaceful Sunni who condemned or accepted their wrong doings such as killing, kafir fatwa etc etc. 

P.S, I don't want to hurt any Sunnis feelings here, forgive me if I do but I really want to know what is it that Sunnis have in their mind which makes them have this sort of attitude towards not just Shias but also other sect and religion.

Edited by ShaanHussayn
  • Advanced Member

Sunnis hate Shias, they call Shias kafir, they kill Shias yet they claim that it is Wahhabi and Salafis who kill Shias but personally I've never met a Sunni in my life who kept the same attitude towards me after finding out I am a Shia. Their attitude towards me changes a lot and they see me as evil and tell me that my beliefs are wrong etc etc. Why so much hypocrisy? Being a Shia, I've never called Sunnis a kafir or heard of fellow Shia calling Sunni a kafir when sharing their information. 

I've seen many indirect Anti-Shia post on Pakistani facebook pages and there were many many Sunnis saying Shias are kafir, Shias are not muslim etc etc. What sort of belief is it that they are following? I really want to know why they have so much hypocrisy in their heart. I wouldn't have generalised all Sunnis but I have no choice as I have never met a peaceful Sunni who condemned or accepted their wrong doings such as killing, kafir fatwa etc etc. 

P.S, I don't want to hurt any Sunnis feelings here, forgive me if I do but I really want to know what is it that Sunnis have in their mind which makes them have this sort of attitude towards not just Shias but also other sect and religion.

It's us who blame it solely on Wahhabis, just for the sake of so-called unity.

In other terms, we should deliver ourselves to the butchers in order to get slaughtered like sheep just for the sake of "Muslim unity".

It's us who blame it solely on Wahhabis, just for the sake of so-called unity.

In other terms, we should deliver ourselves to the butchers in order to get slaughtered like sheep just for the sake of "Muslim unity".

You are totally right. We want unity but the only people who are paying are the shias. The unity idea can't work if only one side wants it. 

People often forget that Imam Ali tolerated how power was snatched before him, and he even helped the ones who usurped him, but he was smart and intelligent, he didnt go and start wars or cause problems, instead he played the takiyyah card in the interest of suporting Islam

in the end it is not about "me being in power" or anyone else being in power, in the end we are supposed to work for Islam and to protect it and help it and Imam Ali knew this, he knew that his positin was less worthy then the position of Islam in the world and hence he was patient and worked smart

when it comes to who he is, nobody can take that away, and nobody was able to block him guiding those who wnted guidance, even if he is not sitting on the throne of the caliphate, he was still doing what he was suposed to be doing

and he even advised the caliphs and even protected the caliphs when the enemy tried to kill them

and even when they offered him the caliphate in the end he refused it, why? because he was sending ripples through times and space to give us the most important lesson

hwoever the shia of today are more concerned with cursing and insulting as opposed to puryfying and being role models

they have become exactly like them, tribal and seceterian, they have broken off and becoem intolerant, they want to go hit thier chests on ashura and curse whoever, but when it comes to being true shia , they are just liek anybody else, their priorites are about the world and satsifaction int the world, with money, power , position food and etc they are all self infatuated , even the ones who go to learn in Qum or other places onyl do it for the "stature" or do it out of curiosity of history etc , only a few have taken the true meanings and lessons of Islam to heart and prospored

this is the ignorant stage of today of most people, lost in the love of this world , in packs like wolves

• Advanced Member

Actually ShaanHussayn, the problem with Sunnis is that they believe everything they here. They don't look for proofs or any other thing related to what they here. And ofcourse that is foolish but in most sunni families, parents play a great role in making them hate Shias and give them the wrong information they have.

Also, no Sir, not all Sunnis are the same. I was a Sunni too once. But I Changed my sect. Main problem with Sunnis is that they don't accept change even when they know that shias are right. Rather, they only respect them after that. Where as me, Alhamdulillah! I am a Shia now.

• Advanced Member

Actually ShaanHussayn, the problem with Sunnis is that they believe everything they here. They don't look for proofs or any other thing related to what they here. And ofcourse that is foolish but in most sunni families, parents play a great role in making them hate Shias and give them the wrong information they have.

Also, no Sir, not all Sunnis are the same. I was a Sunni too once. But I Changed my sect. Main problem with Sunnis is that they don't accept change even when they know that shias are right. Rather, they only respect them after that. Where as me, Alhamdulillah! I am a Shia now.

For me so far all the Sunnis are the same since I haven't personally met a religious Sunni who showed tolerance towards Shias or any other religious beliefs. Sorry to say but its true, congrats on becoming a Shia.

• Advanced Member

No it is not true that all the Sunni Hate Shia.I have seen so many Sunni brothers who participate in Muharram show love towards AHLEBAIT but now a days their number is very less.Post  Iraq war and Syria war now,the hate is growing and is being well used by Salafi Thought.The result we could see in every day news that comes from Iraq ,Pakistan etc.I pray for the safety of all Shia in this Muharram because the situation is too tense

Sooner the day will come when there will be only two sects in Islam. One sect will be Wahhabi and other sect will be Shia.

All other sects in Sunni are  very rapidly converting to Wahhabi school of thought or getting influenced by it. Wahhabi s are using

two magical things one is Wealth and second is Shia Hate.Lets see which way the wind blows.

Edited by muneermosvi
  • Veteran Member

Salam

They are superior in numbers, that's quite normal that they feel we are misguided.

Same thing would happen if you spoke with a shia and you find out he's Ismaili.

Sad to say but in a way we all see the other as kuffar. What would you answer to a sunni brother if he asked you if his prayer is valid ?

• 2 years later...
  • Basic Members

Assalam Aleikum,
We are witnessing bloodshed of Muslim all because of sects, the DAESH got to kill because they hear things about Shias and considered them kufr. That's the reason they believe they kill Muslims believing they are eliminating non-Muslims which are fighting them. I'm not sure why it has become to this, unfortunately the message is getting spread, but the important or wise decision is to educate them that you are not non-Muslims and you are Muslims i.e. You follow Quran and Sun-nah which was received from our beloved Ahlul-Bayt.

I forget something about Muslims in Sunni sect, majority of them are not really into politics or News but religion they have no other word except Quran and Sun-nah, they convince them of returning of caliphate i.e. Quran and Sun-nah to be on top once again, that's how DAESH recruits with the aid of Wahhabi clerics from Saudi Arabia. Only minority of them are into Politics and News. So the way to reach them is into mosques just like Saudi Arabia spread the message.

Here is the proof of my words (They are in Swahili):

Edited by Islam & Unity