Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Kafir Asked Me These, How Do I Respond?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

Salam Brothers and Sisters, a kafir asked me these questions. I was wondering if anyone had some convincing answers I could give him

" Why did Muhammad seduce his followers, or entice them with rewards of sexuality in paradise? 

Why was he not followed nor confirmed by wise men from the Abrahamic faith during his lifetime? His followers were simple, carnal, fighting types non?

Why did he not produce any supernatural miracles? Even criminals can use power of arms. 

Wasn't Muhammad an Ishmaelite? That would mean that yes, he has Abrahamic lineage, but it also means according to prophecy that he shall be wild and his hand shall be against all men.

I do not see much in terms of credible testimony here.. "

Many Thanks

(salam)

• Advanced Member

First thing to say to him is

'youre extremely mis informed mate' 

Plus his wording of questions isn't the type that wants to know the answer. He's almost forcing an opinion then adding a ? to cover it. 

Just saying I wouldn't waste my time with these debates.

(bismillah)

Salam Brothers and Sisters, a kafir asked me these questions. I was wondering if anyone had some convincing answers I could give him

" Why did Muhammad seduce his followers, or entice them with rewards of sexuality in paradise?

Why was he not followed nor confirmed by wise men from the Abrahamic faith during his lifetime? His followers were simple, carnal, fighting types non?

Why did he not produce any supernatural miracles? Even criminals can use power of arms.

Wasn't Muhammad an Ishmaelite? That would mean that yes, he has Abrahamic lineage, but it also means according to prophecy that he shall be wild and his hand shall be against all men.

Many Thanks

(salam)

The sexual enticement is probably referring to the infamous "70 houris". This is some real fabricated BS. There is even debate on whether a houri is even a person, let alone a sexual object.

Second, the Quran was his miracle.

Know what, I'm not even gonna bother wasting my time going further. His malicious intent bleeds through the phrasing.

Tell him to educate himself before asking loaded questions that are only meant to serve his needs.

Also, show him the quote in my signature.

Edited by BuggyLemon
  • Veteran Member

Many great people confirmed his status like the Christian king of abbasinia. And Quran is a miracle including a long list of other miracles. Bible says Ishmael was sent to mount paran and in another place says God will shine from mount paran and a fiery law for them.

• Advanced Member

(wasalam)

Pal, first of all, we can't decide whether he's an infidel or not. He might be one of God's favorite men who is still not guided yet and who is gonna recognize the truth through you.

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was sent as a teacher. He treated us better than our parents treat us. We were little children to him. A child is taught ethics and good manners in this way: 'Go and study your books. Then you'll be given a chocolate.' Similarly, God and His Apostle taught us ethics and good morals by telling us that we will get fine rewards for our good deeds. And just like a true parent always give his child a chocolate when he studies, our guardians (God and His Apostle) will fulfill their promises as well. Moreover, we weren't promised of sex only. We were also promised of many kinds of blessings.

Of course, many Jews and Christians acknowledged the truth of the Prophet in his lifetime. Let me list'em all.

1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bahira

2) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdullah_ibn_Salam

3) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addas

4) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abraha

Didn't he show miracles? What a stupid question! Didn't that non-Muslim study the history of Islam. Qur'an was the greatest miracle the Prophet ever produced.

http://www.answering-christianity.com/sami_zaatri/miracles_of_prophet_muhammad.htm

http://sunnah.org/history/miracles_of_Prophet.htm

Prophecy about Ishmael, eh? He's referring to Bible and Muslims believe that Bible we have today is impure. This is what Genesis 16 tells us about Ishmael:

'You are now pregnant
    and you will give birth to a son.
You shall name him Ishmael
    for the Lord has heard of your misery.
12 He will be a wild donkey of a man;
    his hand will be against everyone
    and everyone’s hand against him,
and he will live in hostility
    toward all his brothers.'

But why do people ignore these prophecies in Genesis 17:

'And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation.'

And these sentences from Genesis 21:

'God heard the boy crying, and the angel of God called to Hagar from heaven and said to her, “What is the matter, Hagar? Do not be afraid; God has heard the boy crying as he lies there. Lift the boy up and take him by the hand, for I will make him into a great nation.” Then God opened her eyes and she saw a well of water. So she went and filled the skin with water and gave the boy a drink.'

• Veteran Member

We busily do not use words like kafir which means anyone who denies a concept that is a principle or part of the branch's of Islam so as example someone who denies that it is wajib to pray namaz. Anyways now a day's kafir connotes bad meanings like infidle which is not proper to be calling anyone.

• Basic Members

Tell him of the Sahaba that gave up on luxuries for the sake of Allah (SWT), how they suffered persecution and starvation in the early days of the Revelation. Remaining a pagan would've fulfilled both in ample amount, and Muhammad (SAWS) himself refused all bribes when it came to abandoning the mission given unto him by Allah (SWT).

1) He was, as evidenced by the people of Madinah requesting that he become their ruler.

2) His detractors were "simple, carnal, fighting types" as well, Arabia was what it was, and not least on account of the Kufr they perpetuated.

Aside from the Qur'an being the Prophet's (SAWS) miracle, he performed other miracles by Allah's (SWT) permission, like the splitting of the moon and pouring water from his hands when the Sahaba were at risk of death by dehydration. Ask him this: why is he bothering you about miracles, if he would dismiss them as fairy tales to begin with? Could it be he's just picking whatever ammo he can find to throw at you?

No idea what he wants, but judging by his overall lack of knowledge in Islaamic matters, it's probably nonsense.

[2:6-7] (Saheeh International)

Indeed, those who disbelieve - it is all the same for them whether you warn them or do not warn them - they will not believe. Allah has set a seal upon their hearts and upon their hearing, and over their vision is a veil. And for them is a great punishment.

If he ever sees Islaam as true, it is Allah (SWT) that will lift the seal keeping him dumb and deaf. That is all.

• Advanced Member

The sexual enticement is probably referring to the infamous "70 houris". This is some real fabricated BS. There is even debate on whether a houri is even a person, let alone a sexual object.

Second, the Quran was his miracle.

Know what, I'm not even gonna bother wasting my time going further. His malicious intent bleeds through the phrasing.

Tell him to educate himself before asking loaded questions that are only meant to serve his needs.

Also, show him the quote in my signature.

Greetings BuggyLemon,

Don't you think muslims should be able to answer questions like these though, which are valid questions?  If one is to come to faith in Muhammad, they must have answers to these questions.

Salaam,

CLynn

Greetings BuggyLemon,

Don't you think muslims should be able to answer questions like these though, which are valid questions? If one is to come to faith in Muhammad, they must have answers to these questions.

Salaam,

CLynn

Alaykum Salam Lynn :) . Thanks for the question.

You're right, these may be valid questions (in their essence and not necessarily their wording) for one who is misinformed about Islam and we should answer them.

I can answer these questions and so can most others on this forum. I was merely stating that it is not worth wasting my time writing detailed responses because, maybe you didn't notice it, the questions are not indended to understand Islam and not really valid questions. Their purpose is to slander and not to be a tool for learning.

Let me show you an example:

"Why did Muhammad seduce his followers, or entice them with rewards of sexuality in paradise?"

This, if the person really wanted to understand, would have been phrased like:

"Did Muhammad really seduce his followers, or entice them with rewards of sexuality in paradise?"

You can see the clear difference in intention. The way he posed it was not representative of a valid question and I'll tell you why. The question is intended to impose the person's opinion. as you can see, an assertion has been made by the poster instead of a real question being asked. He asks "WHY did he do it?" instead of "Is it really true that he did it?". Because in reality, it is not true and therefore the question's premise is flawed. Again, please look at my signature and it should make sense.

As the second poster very wisely said:

Plus his wording of questions isn't the type that wants to know the answer. He's almost forcing an opinion then adding a ? to cover it.

Edited by BuggyLemon
  • Veteran Member

Firstly you must look at how the Quaran describes the 'houris' and in what context.

The Quaran describes heaven as a place of abundance, rivers flowing, beauty etc. It then peoples it with the 'perfect companions'. problen is people with their one track minds only think of 'the perfect companion' in terms of sex in reality and in real life they talk about soul mates.

If the Quran had used modern language and said Heaven is a beautiful place in which your hearts desires will be granted and you will meet your soulmate there . People would say wow !!. Instead as usual people like to put a sexual twist to it.

So no the original converts were not carnal and warriors far from it it was the poor and dispossesed. Some slaves who were tortured and killed for their beliefs. Some rich people yes but they rapidly lost money when they converted. Some warriors yes but what use a fighter if you cant afford a sword to fight with. People confuse the period after the death of the Holy Prophet (pbuhahp) with the period during his rule.

Islams miracle is the Quaran. An appeal to mans intellect his higher brain not is baser nature. Previous prophets had miracles and despite them many people still went astray. So Islam appealed to the higher brain.

To quote a selected verse in the bible to a Muslim is laughable. As has been pointed out Hz Ishmael nation was blessed  

• Advanced Member

Alaykum Salam Lynn :) . Thanks for the question.

You're right, these may be valid questions (in their essence and not necessarily their wording) for one who is misinformed about Islam and we should answer them.

I can answer these questions and so can most others on this forum. I was merely stating that it is not worth wasting my time writing detailed responses because, maybe you didn't notice it, the questions are not indended to understand Islam and not really valid questions. Their purpose is to slander and not to be a tool for learning.

Let me show you an example:

"Why did Muhammad seduce his followers, or entice them with rewards of sexuality in paradise?"

This, if the person really wanted to understand, would have been phrased like:

"Did Muhammad really seduce his followers, or entice them with rewards of sexuality in paradise?"

You can see the clear difference in intention. The way he posed it was not representative of a valid question and I'll tell you why. The question is intended to impose the person's opinion. as you can see, an assertion has been made by the poster instead of a real question being asked. He asks "WHY did he do it?" instead of "Is it really true that he did it?". Because in reality, it is not true and therefore the question's premise is flawed. Again, please look at my signature and it should make sense.

Greetings BuggyLemon,

I read it as the poster does not have the answers for these questions and it is to him that the answers need to be provided.

He has repeated questions put to himself, that he did not have the answers for.

In your example:

He asks "WHY did he do it?" instead of "Is it really true that he did it?". Because in reality, it is not true and therefore the question's premise is flawed.

This just tells to me that, that is the answer that he needs to be told... that it is not a hadith that is believed by many muslims.  Instead of assuming ill intent, why not just answer the question being asked with an honest answer?  This adds credence.

Salaam,

CLynn

Edited by CLynn

Greetings BuggyLemon,

I read it as the poster does not have the answers for these questions and it is to him that the answers need to be provided.

He has reapeated questions put to himself, that he did not have the answers for.

He seems to have just repeated what the other person had told him. That's what I based my argument that the questions were not valid on.

Think about it Lynn. What if I asked you the question "why did Jesus kill innocent children?" Would you think that is a valid question or should I ask "did Jesus really kill innocent children?" because it might be misconception about Jesus himself, but I'm assuming, in the premise of my question, that is true. This is an example of invalid question.

Edited by BuggyLemon
  • Advanced Member

He seems to have just repeated what the other person had told him. That's what I based my argument that the questions were not valid on.

Think about it Lynn. What if I asked you the question "why did Jesus kill innocent children?" Would you think that is a valid question or should I ask "did Jesus really kill innocent children?" because it might be misconception about Jesus himself, but I'm assuming, in the premise of my question, that is true. This is an example of invalid question.

Gretings BuggyLemon,

I would treat it as a valid question and ask the person how they came to believe that Yahshua killed innocent children... mostly because I would be interested to know how they came by this assertion.  Since obviously it is something that they believe, it is a valid question for that person to ask.

Choose to always assume the best of a person, not the worst.

Salaam,

CLynn

You might want to read the edit on my last post... You were too quick in responding. As usual I always have edits. :)

Edited by CLynn

Gretings BuggyLemon,

I would treat it as a valid question and ask the person how they came to believe that Yahshua killed innocent children... mostly because I would be interested to know how they came by this assertion. Since obviously it is something that they believe, it is a valid question for that person to ask.

Choose to always assume the best of a person, not the worst.

Salaam,

CLynn

You might want to read the edit on my last post... You were too quick in responding. As usual I always have edits. :)

Okay Lynn, thanks for the input. I guess, because I don't know this person in real life, I don't know what their attitude is so you are probably right in saying assume the best. Thanks :) .

I could answer, but the others are doing it already so no need for redundancy :P .

Thanks again.

Salam.

• Advanced Member

Greetings BuggyLemon,

He has repeated questions put to himself, that he did not have the answers for.

In your example:

He asks "WHY did he do it?" instead of "Is it really true that he did it?". Because in reality, it is not true and therefore the question's premise is flawed.

This just tells to me that, that is the answer that he needs to be told... that it is not a hadith that is believed by many muslims.  Instead of assuming ill intent, why not just answer the question being asked with an honest answer?  This adds credence.

Salaam,

CLynn

Hello CLynn,

Just to clear this up, its not me that needs the answers, I have been asked this on this forum here ---> http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2483453 . I just need a strong knowledgeable convincing answer to give him from one of the brothers on the site. I have already accepted the truth, these questions don't phase me to question my faith at all. Forgive me if I have interpreted your comment incorrectly. 

Regards 

Mohaimen

We busily do not use words like kafir which means anyone who denies a concept that is a principle or part of the branch's of Islam so as example someone who denies that it is wajib to pray namaz. Anyways now a day's kafir connotes bad meanings like infidle which is not proper to be calling anyone.

Pal, first of all, we can't decide whether he's an infidel or not. He might be one of God's favorite men who is still not guided yet and who is gonna recognize the truth through you.

(bismillah)

Salam brothers,

I apologise for using the word but my intention was not to mean it as infidel, simply as one who does not believe yet. I should have chosen another word sorry, I guess in the heat of the moment after reading the questions he had asked I felt quite angry and used the word Kafir.

(salam)  

(wasalam)

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was sent as a teacher. He treated us better than our parents treat us. We were little children to him. A child is taught ethics and good manners in this way: 'Go and study your books. Then you'll be given a chocolate.' Similarly, God and His Apostle taught us ethics and good morals by telling us that we will get fine rewards for our good deeds. And just like a true parent always give his child a chocolate when he studies, our guardians (God and His Apostle) will fulfill their promises as well. Moreover, we weren't promised of sex only. We were also promised of many kinds of blessings.

Of course, many Jews and Christians acknowledged the truth of the Prophet in his lifetime. Let me list'em all.

Didn't he show miracles? What a stupid question! Didn't that non-Muslim study the history of Islam. Qur'an was the greatest miracle the Prophet ever produced.

http://www.answering-christianity.com/sami_zaatri/miracles_of_prophet_muhammad.htm

Prophecy about Ishmael, eh? He's referring to Bible and Muslims believe that Bible we have today is impure. This is what Genesis 16 tells us about Ishmael:

'You are now pregnant

'And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation.'

'God heard the boy crying, and the angel of God called to Hagar from heaven and said to her, “What is the matter, Hagar? Do not be afraid; God has heard the boy crying as he lies there. Lift the boy up and take him by the hand, for I will make him into a great nation.” Then God opened her eyes and she saw a well of water. So she went and filled the skin with water and gave the boy a drink.'

Also brother I have been Private messaged by this fella regarding the above quotes from the bible. 

"Hey Mo-maths (My name on this other forum lol). I'm replying via pm because to be honest I'd rather that thread died. I should have restated the questions in a less militant way.

So I'm curious. If that particular interpretation of Genesis 16 is racist, then how do Muslims interpret it? How do Muslims deal with this prophecy that the Ishmaelites will be against all men? Is there another interpretation, because many Christians and most Jews interpret it as such.

Now, what evidence do you have that the Old Testament is impure? So far all the parchment fragments that have been discovered match almost perfectly with modern translations."

(salam) 

Edited by Mohaimen

(unless the word 'wide-eyed virgin' heats you up, in which case I suggest you are sexually repressed and need a consultant now. There is one tiny exception, where they are called 'maidens with swelling breasts', but I wonder how many people will leave their homes and loved ones and go to war just because they got giddy at heavenly 'swelling breasts').

Contemporary mainstream Islamic scholars, for example; Gibril Haddad, have commented on the erotic nature of the Qur'anic Paradise, by saying some men may need ghusl (ablution required after sexual discharge) just for hearing certain verses.

Contemporary mainstream Islamic scholars, for example; Gibril Haddad, have commented on the erotic nature of the Qur'anic Paradise, by saying some men may need ghusl (ablution required after sexual discharge) just for hearing certain verses.

Gibril Haddad is a Sufi...

How many languages do you speak?

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

The believers were primarily convinced to follow the Prophet (s) based on what they perceived to be a miracle, i.e. the Qur'an. This is in addition finding the Prophet (s) to be the most trustworthy of people considering that they had known him for years. This included his long term wife Khadija and his close friends and family members, that is, people who knew him in-and-out.

Sexual rewards in paradise was a side reward out of a plethora of other rewards. People believed these rewards to be true largely due to the above reasons. They didn't "believe" because someone promised them abstract rewards after death in which no one in this world could verify. Obviously there were some simpletons who would believe anything, but many companions believed because they thought there were compelling reasons to do so.

With that being said, there is nothing wrong with rewards of this kind (i.e. sex) in the after life. This is one of the things which gives pleasure and happiness to humans. Unfortunately, many people are infected with this neo-Victorian disdain for sex and think that somehow it cannot mix with religion or is antithetical to spiritual life. (again, a neo-Victorian, and perhaps Catholic prejudice).

That's not correct, 

[5:82] Certainly you will find the most violent of people in enmity for those who believe (to be) the Jews and those who are polytheists, and you will certainly find the nearest in friendship to those who believe (to be) those who say: We are Christians; this is because there are priests and monks among them and because they do not behave proudly.

[5:83] And when they (including priests/monks) hear what has been revealed to the messenger you will see their eyes overflowing with tears on account of the truth that they recognize; they say: Our Lord! we believe, so write us down with the witnesses (of truth).

[5:84] And what (reason) have we that we should not believe in Allah and in the truth that has come to us, while we earnestly desire that our Lord should cause us to enter with the good people?

[5:85] Therefore Allah rewarded them on account of what they said, with gardens in which rivers flow to abide in them; and this is the reward of those who do good (to others).

We also have other Christian monks according to the Seera of the Prophet who would confirm the prophethood of Muhammad (s) by seeing the marks of prophethood in him.

He did perform other miracles, like the splitting of the moon (which is in the Qur'an, and is mutawatir), or the splitting of the tree, or the moaning tree stump (also mutawatir).

Expand on this please 

• Veteran Member

only people who lack faith need miracles.

As the Quran reveals, many people view their religion as entertainment. Miracles and magic are part of that apostasy.

(salam)

I'll use boldface within your post:

(bismillah)

" Why did Muhammad seduce his followers, or entice them with rewards of sexuality in paradise? You are given "companions" especially designed for you...if you get their.

Why was he not followed nor confirmed by wise men from the Abrahamic faith during his lifetime? His followers were simple, carnal, fighting types non?  It was..."see the similarity" and a couple of other such ayats

Why did he not produce any supernatural miracles? Even criminals can use power of arms.  No prophet can produce "miracles". That is forbidden. Allah(swt) does not share his power with anything.  Check hadith for the "rain" story.

Wasn't Muhammad an Ishmaelite? That would mean that yes, he has Abrahamic lineage, but it also means according to prophecy that he shall be wild and his hand shall be against all men.   He(saws) was "rasulallah". Not a sect leader.

Many Thanks

(salam)

• Veteran Member

Miracles are a obligitory proof for a prophet's prophet hood. Our prophet (sawa) had a list of them and the Quran is a miracle as well. And no miracles are not apostasy nor is it for those who lack faith.

Edited by Maitham
  • Advanced Member

Hello CLynn,

Just to clear this up, its not me that needs the answers, I have been asked this on this forum here ---> http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2483453 . I just need a strong knowledgeable convincing answer to give him from one of the brothers on the site. I have already accepted the truth, these questions don't phase me to question my faith at all. Forgive me if I have interpreted your comment incorrectly. 

Regards 

Mohaimen

(bismillah)

Salam brothers,

I apologise for using the word but my intention was not to mean it as infidel, simply as one who does not believe yet. I should have chosen another word sorry, I guess in the heat of the moment after reading the questions he had asked I felt quite angry and used the word Kafir.

(salam)  

Also brother I have been Private messaged by this fella regarding the above quotes from the bible. 

"Hey Mo-maths (My name on this other forum lol). I'm replying via pm because to be honest I'd rather that thread died. I should have restated the questions in a less militant way.

So I'm curious. If that particular interpretation of Genesis 16 is racist, then how do Muslims interpret it? How do Muslims deal with this prophecy that the Ishmaelites will be against all men? Is there another interpretation, because many Christians and most Jews interpret it as such.

Now, what evidence do you have that the Old Testament is impure? So far all the parchment fragments that have been discovered match almost perfectly with modern translations."

(salam) 

All parchment fragments that have been discovered match almost perfectly with modern translations? Dude, your non-Muslim friend is unaware of modern research. Suggest him Discovery or History Channel because the modern research done by non-Muslim researchers, has proved Bible to be corrupt. Read The Bible, the Qur'an and the science; that's a great book to read. Also study Bible to see for yourself contradictions in it.

LOL... Okay please quote one....... That is ridiculous.

Ok. Surah al-Waqiah.

70. Therein (gardens) will be fair (wives) good and beautiful;

71. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

72. Houris (beautiful, fair females) restrained in pavilions;

73.  Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

74. Whom no man or jinn yatmithhunna (has opened their hymens with sexual intercourse) before them.

75. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

polymath

As for the believing men, as one of the Awliya said, some of them will need ghusl just for hearing the verse {Same-age young-bosomed girls} (78:33). .

I guess some of these believing men need to see the consultant you mentioned.

unless the word 'wide-eyed virgin' heats you up, in which case I suggest you are sexually repressed and need a consultant now.

Edited by polymath07

Ok. Surah al-Waqiah.

70. Therein (gardens) will be fair (wives) good and beautiful;

71. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

72. Houris (beautiful, fair females) restrained in pavilions;

73. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

74. Whom no man or jinn yatmithhunna (has opened their hymens with sexual intercourse) before them.

75. Then which of the Blessings of your Lord will you both (jinns and men) deny?

First, that is not surah Waqiah. That is surah Rahman.

Second, that is incorrect translation.

Edited by BuggyLemon
  • Advanced Member

(wasalam)

'You are now pregnant

The 12 rulers part is interesting.

DOes anyone think this COULD possibly maybe refer to the Imamah?

• Veteran Member

The 12 rulers part is interesting.

DOes anyone think this COULD possibly maybe refer to the Imamah?

salaam yes I do. There are also some beautiful mentions about that area where hajar (Ra) was taking. I was thinking of writhing a short article with these. Edited by Maitham

Absolutely. Straight to the consultant. Believer or not, we should not tolerate men spoiling their garments upon hearing the phrase 'wide-eyed virgins'.

Yet you said:

As for us hard-hearted analphabets we may read it and read it without effect.

Sounds to me like a criticism for the average believers who are unable to feel the sensation after reading the verse.