In the Name of God بسم الله

Which Islamic Author Do You Like The Most?

Rate this topic

Ali-F

• Veteran Member

Salaam

Ayatollah Shaheed Dastaghaib (ra) is an interesting scholar i am enjoying his book greater sins vol. 1 from time to time from my phone (shia tool kit) my top scholars I would enjoy reading from would be people like Mulla Sadra, Allama Tabatabie.

Shaheed Dastaghaib's story of the end of his earthly life is very horrific. what book are you reading of his brother if you are reading one now ?

Edited by Maitham

• Veteran Member

Usually the anti irfan anti philosophy type people do not appreciate him. But in his life time some scholars disliked him and tried get him exiled. Most of our great ulema are pro mulla sadra. Including people like allama tabatabi. Mulla sadra also is the one who gave permission to allama majlisi to narrate ahadith. I agree mulla sadra May be hard for everyone to understand me included sometimes. Plus people would need to have studied philosophy. so maybe this is why some dislike him as it is not to their taste intellectually. People usually find ibn Arabi more controversial.

Edited by Maitham

• Veteran Member

^Shaykh radhi was a man who it is said he never even thought of sinning. When their father died he left some books and him and his brother sayyed murtaza got to a book and one suggested let's give it to the one who never sinned and then the other suggested let's give it to the one who never thought of sinning on this sayyed murtaza said it was for his brother.

Edited by Maitham

• Veteran Member

^Shaykh radhi was a man who it is said he never even thought of sinning. When their father died he left some books and him and his brother sayyed murtaza got to a book and one suggested let's give it to the one who never sinned and then the other suggested let's give it to the one who never thought of sinning on this sayyed murtaza said it was for his brother.

Brother, can you explain more on Sayed Murtadha? And who was their father?

• Advanced Member

May Allah bless his soul InshaAllah

I wish I could be like him.  :cry:

• Veteran Member

Imam Khomeini and Allama Mutahhari and Allama Iqbal and also William Chittick - who am not sure if is a Muslim or not - but for his detailed unapologetic scholarly works on Islam, also his wife Sachiko Murata, also Salim Bhimjee translations have brought much needed and important works in readable English. 

• Veteran Member

Sadra is at least an Islamic author. Ibn Arabi was cursed by our holy Imams (as)

Though, they cursed all Sufis so I guess Sadra could included in that too. :donno:

sadra was a 12ver Shia and proved he was in front of shah Abbas and a group of scholars. Shia tawheed dose not make one Sufi neither dose self purification. As for ibn arabi some think he was a Shia in taqiya but I don't know regardless I believe in line to what Henry Corbin said that those hadith were because Sufism decented from ahlul bayt (as) if u notice Sunni Sufism for example