Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Shiabro

Is Europe A Bad Place For Muslims?

Rate this topic

I have talked to a bunch of people and they quite feel deppressed as Muslims in Europe.

There is so much pressure on Muslims from all sides, and also the weather and environment is not good, too cold and to close-minded. There are no main Islamic activities or centres to go to or practice the Deen more intensely, excepet for a few centres here and there. Not to mention that Europe has become full of Salafis and it has also become a dangerous place for Shia Muslims living there. Also right groups gain influence.

So what do you think, how is the future for European Muslims?

^It is not as easy as that.

The media continues to show blasts, crimes and the bad sides of Muslims which exist. The Salafis are seen as mainstream Islam. Whoever practices is a fundamentalist. You can go on by being a good example, but it won't work like this. I mean, what is even a good example?

A society never works by good examples. If that was the case the good examples would have been majority in Europe and elsewhere. It works by who is the loudest. And Salafis are the loudest worldwide and especially in Europe.

They also make life difficult for other Muslims.

Without Da'wa or public work, non-Salafi Muslims have a very bad future in Europe. And I don't see where Muslims are heading to there.

Now a days, middle east is the most worst place for Muslims. In  Europe, Muslims are not killed while performing prayers........

The treatment which is being given to Muslims in Europe is better then it is given in major Muslim countries like Pakistan,Indonesia etc

I see your point. Maybe we should be talking too so that the aggressive Wahabis/Salafis don't drown out mainstream Muslims.

I think it could then be done in addition to our actual duties, not as the main thing, because words should be backed by substance.

As Muslims our first responsibility is towards our fellow human beings - the Prophet said that the main mission was to improve our etiquette/character/morals in society. 

Middle East is bad and everybody knows that.
But in Europe the potential threat for Shia Muslims is there. There is a big number of Salafis living in Europe who see Shia as Kafir and their blood as Halal. A big number of them has gone to Syria to fight there.

There already has been dead Muslims through Salafis, when you remember the London or Madrid bombings.

And also Shia Shaikh being killed:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/belgium/9139693/Imam-killed-in-arson-attack-on-Brussels-mosque.html

True, but are we discussing general Muslims' future in Europe, or specifically Shia Muslims? 

Shia Muslims are often attacked, verbally and physically, by the extremists Wahabi terrorists everywhere in the world - it's not a European problem. 

^Both Shia have two disadvantages in Europe.

First as told above, Europe has become a place for violent Salafis. 

Second, they are mistrusted as Muslims as Europeans just see Salafis and not the other side and Muslims in general as backwards.
Also the harsh conditions in Europe, with just a few Islamic centres.

I am talking about Shia and other moderate Muslims' future in Europe.

And by the way, it's not all bad news, I was told in Germany recently Salafi groups were banned (with the support of most Muslim groups) because of their extremism. So by talking and engaging with local communities it's possible to improve things. 

We're lucky in the UK. In Poland even in the capital halal is such an unheard-of concept, and some extremists got the government to ban all religiously compliant slaughter of animals for some time - both kosher and halal were outlawed. 

Can you imagine this conversation in London? 

Me: "Hi, do you have halal meat?" 

Store: "No, we have chicken and beef" 

giphy.gif

Salam

I think that there is a good potential of living our religion freely but ironically I think we need to dissociate from the sunnis because they have suffered so much of wahabism (all their masajid are becoming salafized) and they are associated with every social and global problems : terrorism, backwardness, bad intregation.

On the other hand, you have shia communities which are mostly composed of well off people or educated people (at least more than the average muslim group) and who practice their religion without annoying anybody so I think we need to stay on that trend if we don't want to get caught up in the mix.

The bad point is that shia structures are far from being sufficient compared with sunnis. The UK seems to be an exception though.

Middle East is bad and everybody knows that.

But in Europe the potential threat for Shia Muslims is there. There is a big number of Salafis living in Europe who see Shia as Kafir and their blood as Halal.

Greetings Shiabro,

I have a hard time understanding why shia's would be considered kafir.  Simply because they follow Ali... the family of Muhammad?  I mean I know I have studied this, and I know about the conflicts of the past, but really is there a difference in the practices of shia and sunni?  Is there any real reason that this conflict should exist to this day?

Salaam,

CLynn

Mainstream Shias and Sunnis have lived together fine for ages.

However there's a tiny but very loud and aggressive Wahabi group (from Saudi Arabia, America's close ally), which tries to fight all the time. It tries to pretend as if it's Sunni. 

They're creating problems not only for Muslims as a whole, but also between Shias and Sunnis. And unfortunately America pays and sponsors some such groups. 

Greetings Shiabro,

I have a hard time understanding why shia's would be considered kafir.  Simply because they follow Ali... the family of Muhammad?  I mean I know I have studied this, and I know about the conflicts of the past, but really is there a difference in the practices of shia and sunni?  Is there any real reason that this conflict should exist to this day?

Salaam,

CLynn

it goes like this

prophet (saw) passes away.

everyone knows ali (as) should be khalifa

while he is with the prophet (saw) in his final moments

half of the companion were like "hey, abu bakar should be khalifa ! halleluiah ! "

suddenly, abu bakar is appointed by people, while ali (as) was appointed by god

khalafa is taken away from the first imam (as)

hatred towards ali (as) never ended

he won battles, was the most special in the eyes of rasool Allah (saw)

hatred grows more

people who follow him become kafirs

im a kafir

hatred never stops

and you find the progeny of the khalifas who were appointed by man exist today

calling me a kafir

3sj7z7.jpg