Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Mousa54321

Iran Drugs And Prostitution Behind The Veil

Rate this topic

This is an interesting documentary following two Iranian prostitutes that make money in order to buy drugs. Both prostitutes have children.

Interesting points in the video is that these prostitutes enter into Muta marriages while at times still inviting customers to sleep with. Muta marriages are sometimes very short and last for a couple of hours.

These women are living in horrible conditions and are looking for customers in busy streets! What can the government do about this?

Lastly, Iran has the highest number of hard-core drug addicts in the world!!!! This has led many of those millions of drug addicts into prostitution to be able to buy drugs. How can this epidemic be stopped? 

The documentary is very interesting and is worth watching. All footage is done inside Iran.

Look who is documenting it (BBC) .............Plus in every country there are these issues but west is always trying to highlight Iran when west has the worst drug issues.Every men and women in iran are not saint.................There are lots of iranin/afghani etc women here in New Delhi who are engaged in prostitution......Sleeping with any one they get.....................so why to blame IRAN........India despite the fastest developing coutry, its poverty ratio is very high....in contrast Iran has all the sanctions...it even could buy the life saving drugs from outside........yet it is far better then rest of the countries in development and growth.........!

Look who is documenting it (BBC) .............Plus in every country there are these issues but west is always trying to highlight Iran when west has the worst drug issues.Every men and women in iran are not saint.................There are lots of iranin/afghani etc women here in New Delhi who are engaged in prostitution......Sleeping with any one they get.....................so why to blame IRAN........India despite the fastest developing coutry, its poverty ratio is very high....in contrast Iran has all the sanctions...it even could buy the life saving drugs from outside........yet it is far better then rest of the countries in development and growth.........!

The figures for the highest numbers of addicts are issued by the Iranian government not the BBC.

The problem is well known in and outside Iran.

Iran suffer from a hard-core drug epidemic far greater than other countries in the region and more addicts than any country in the world.

And regarding India, it is not the fastest developing country. That title is for China or Botswana ( depends on the period in question).

Comparing India with Iran is futile, Iran is much richer. The oil and has in Iran are of great quantity!

Sanctions do not explain this high level of drug use much higher than other countries! Drugs problems are always accompanied by prostitution and other ils.

Such problems are in every country and society, Iran being no exception. The important thing is that every government is doing their best to reduce and stop such problems.  

why to blame IRAN

How is he blaming Iran?

Edited by HabibKarimi

The documentary is presented is such a way that it shows as if govt is a failure there. This type of propaganda is going on....

The question is who is pumping the drugs into Iran........The documentary says that govt ignores the drug addiction issue as 

it wants to keep youth engaged etc...............Please don't come under Zionist propaganda.

The government in Iran has been one of the world leaders in the 'War on Drugs' for a long time, this is from a 2011 article from the website of the 'United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime'

18 July 2011- Tehran/Vienna. Yury Fedotov, Executive Director of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) arrived in Tehran today for a three-day official visit to the Islamic Republic of Iran, which would also take him to the borders with Afghanistan and Pakistan, and a drugs rehabilitation centre.

Mr. Fedotov will meet Mr. Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, President of the Islamic Republic of Iran, and other senior officials.  During these meetings, Mr. Fedotov will discuss counter-narcotics efforts, since Iran has the world's highest rate of seizures of opium and heroin and is contributing effectively to various regional mechanisms.

The article also mentions some of the programs that are in place to help addicts:

Iran faces one of the world's most serious addiction problems and is providing effective drug treatment and HIV control services to drug users through hundreds of NGOs working in the community and with special programmes for prisoners.  The country has developed comprehensive HIV prevention, treatment, and care and support services for injecting drug users

http://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/press/releases/2011/July/unodc-chief-highlights-robust-counter-narcotics-responses-on-first-visit-to-iran.html

It is a bit much to ask Iran to find a solution to the root cause of drug abuse, I would imagine that poverty has a lot to do with it (some might argue, caused by the years of sanctions)

As for the prostition, there isn't really much to talk about, I'm sure that Iran isn't one of the worst for that, you hear of worse stories (that in the video) in the west.

Edited by Ali_Hussain

The government in Iran has been one of the world leaders in the 'War on Drugs' for a long time, this is from a 2011 article from the website of the 'United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime'

The article also mentions some of the programs that are in place to help addicts:

http://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/press/releases/2011/July/unodc-chief-highlights-robust-counter-narcotics-responses-on-first-visit-to-iran.html

It is a bit much to ask Iran to find a solution to the root cause of drug abuse, I would imagine that poverty has a lot to do with it (some might argue, caused by the years of sanctions)

As for the prostition, there isn't really much to talk about, I'm sure that Iran isn't one of the worst for that, you hear of worse stories (that in the video) in the west.

Prostitution is difficult to measure. But Iran is defiantly not among the top countries in human trafficking. Thus, prostitution in Iran is local and is not being "exported" to other countries ( as in the case of many Eastern European countries). But the wide drug use has made prostitution increase significantly in the last couple of decades. Especially in big cities.

Iran's problem has to do with its long borders with Afghanistan   ( big exporter of drugs). But countries such as Turkey and Iraq also get flooded by drugs as they are (like Iran) major points in heroine routes to Europe and US.

However, in both Iraq and Turkey the drug problem is far less serious than that of Iran. This problem is practically decimating a whole generation in Iran. Steps must be taken that this epidmenic does not spread to the next generation. As Iran will need them to build their economy. This is because soon Iran will have a shortage of labor due to the very low level of fertility and child-bearing in the country. Iran is by far the lowest in the Middle-East in terms of fertility and population growth. Thus, the life of every Iranian is needed to build the economy in the next 20-30 years.

mossad54321 must be the same moron posting this on facebook

Yes I am the only one in the world who watched this documentary or has discussed domestic issues of Middle-Eastern countries. 

All the information here are a big secret. No one could of possibly got a hold of them, they would of needed an internet connection + literacy. Yup, must be me, after all I have a facebook account. 

Guys! This user is just pi...s off because I posted a few news-reports on Tunisian girls being used as 'sex-slave' for the so called Mujahideen in Syria!

I posted current news reports, those reported by their own sources, but he is trying to express his hatreds and googled some old cheap-western propaganda against Iran......

So why don't we just ignore him and his topic!?!

Edited by Noah-

My grandfather was offered intimate relations in exchange for money by a woman in burqa who had, when he was living in Jeddah. So don't try to make prostitution seem as a product of Mut'ah.

Most hardcore drug users in the world; What about Pakistan or Afghanistan, where Heroin can be cheaper than food? Or Russia, where synthetic drugs are poisoning a lot of people?

And considering Iran is neighbouring the number one exporter of Heroin, which happened to be led by Wahabi Sunnis, the country is holding up decently against the flow of drugs.

Iran's problem has to do with its long borders with Afghanistan   ( big exporter of drugs).

Greetings Mousa,

That would have been my note, and my thought.

The drugs originating in the region explains alot of the behavior also... the Godless, violent behavior... groups like al-queda.  Drug dealing and use is always tied to proliferation of gangs and gang behavior.

Drugs are a big evil in this world.  I sometimes question God when I think of why are these things even present in our world.  Why would God make a thing that is so harmful.

Salaam.

Edited by CLynn

I watched this documentary years ago, and I recall the woman who was in mut3a with that old man actually got cleaned up and off of drugs, I don't remember if her sobriety was short lived or permanent. Anyway -Noah I agree mossad54321 is upset about all of the jihad al nikah info coming out as of lately.....and yes he did find this post on a facebook group, it was put up exactly two days ago and this is not a new release....had it been a new release I would say it was a possible coincidence....but I don't think so. He must have been salivating at the sight of this video.....and this is nothing compared to the child sex pedo rings and homosexuality in his beloved saudiland.

Edited by ImAli

Guys! This user is just pi...s off because I posted a few news-reports on Tunisian girls being used as 'sex-slave' for the so called Mujahideen in Syria!

I posted current news reports, those reported by their own sources, but he is trying to express his hatreds and googled some old cheap-western propaganda against Iran......

So why don't we just ignore him and his topic!?!

Yes all propaganda. Actually the footage was filmed in Qatar where they have built a city that a perfect replica of Iran. Just to make Iran look bad -_-.

My grandfather was offered intimate relations in exchange for money by a woman in burqa who had, when he was living in Jeddah. So don't try to make prostitution seem as a product of Mut'ah.

Most hardcore drug users in the world; What about Pakistan or Afghanistan, where Heroin can be cheaper than food? Or Russia, where synthetic drugs are poisoning a lot of people?

And considering Iran is neighbouring the number one exporter of Heroin, which happened to be led by Wahabi Sunnis, the country is holding up decently against the flow of drugs.

The problem of drugs in Iran according to international sources and local government figures is much bigger in terms of addiction to heroine than Pakistan or Russia.

Pakistan does not fall into the drug route (Iran, Turkey, Iraq etc...do). The low level of income there also makes a much less attractive place to sell drugs.

But there are of course other socio-economic reasons that makes Iran especially vulnerable to this disease.  They need to be investigated and dealt with. 

Greetings Mousa,

That would have been my note, and my thought.

The drugs originating in the region explains alot of the behavior also... the Godless, violent behavior... groups like al-queda.  Drug dealing and use is always tied to proliferation of gangs and gang behavior.

Drugs are a big evil in this world.  I sometimes question God when I think of why are these things even present in our world.  Why would God make a thing that is so harmful.

Salaam.

The approach employed against drugs in Iran is mainly attempting to stop the supply of drugs. The authorities would capture drug shipments or kill distributors. However, when you have over a thousand kilometers borders with Afghanistan, these measures are not effective.

Iran has of late started some encouraging signs of fighting drugs. For example, offering needles and help to drug addicts to stop the spread of disease. Such practices are common in first world countries to combat the problem. However, drug rehabilitation centres have been cut and budgets are under large constraints due to the effects of the latest sanctions. Thus, funding is a problem. 

Lastly, why must every piece of news that sheds lights on a problem in Iran must be a propaganda? Is it a perfect country? That is a ridiculous way of thinking. 

These problems are discussed in Iran by the government and officials publicly and numerous statements have been made on the strategy the government is employing to deal with this. 

Why didn't the Iranian government simply swept everything under the carpet and called it "cheap propaganda" as some here would suggest? Because that's not the way you deal with problems.

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/235009757-iran-seizes-8x-opium-3x-heroin-vs-row-combinedun/ 

Iran seizes eight times more opium and three times more heroin than all other countries in the world combined, according to figures from United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. 

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/235009757-iran-seizes-8x-opium-3x-heroin-vs-row-combinedun/

Iran seizes eight times more opium and three times more heroin than all other countries in the world combined, according to figures from United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime. 

That is because Iran is next to Afghanistan and receives a lot of drugs as it is the first country in the drug route.

The Iranian authorities, as you have stated, captures a lot of drugs. However, that did not prevent the country from having a hardcore drug epidemic that is the worst in the world.

If simply seizing drugs is not working. What can be done to stop this?

Citation? 

https://stats.unodc.org/wdr/

This is the UN office for drug and crime. This year's report can be downloaded from the website and there is also an interactive map that can show the percentage of addicts in each country for 5 different types of drugs. You will notice that the majority of drugs addicts in Iran consume opium (2.2% of the population), while the rest consume different types of hardcore drugs. The 2.2% for opium is the highest in the world. Combine this with the other hard drugs used in Iran and Iran, as the report states, has the highest number of addicts in the world.

http://www.economist.com/news/middle-east-and-africa/21583717-why-so-many-young-iranians-are-hooked-hard-drugs-other-religion

The economist 2 weeks or so ago have called the epidemic "the other religion". Interesting article to read.

" According to Iran’s own figures, 2m Iranians in a population of 75m are addicted, the world’s highest incidence. Most experts put the real figure even higher."

The 2 million is a very modest figure and other sources state that the figure is much higher. The below article praises some of Iran's approaches to dealing with the problem, and it states that Iran has 3.5 million. 

Such problems are in every country and society, Iran being no exception. The important thing is that every government is doing their best to reduce and stop such problems.  

How is he blaming Iran?

(salam)

A lot has been learned about addiction since 1990 --as well as mental health in general.

The drugs affect brain chemistry in their effects and after effects(similar to a sense of hunger).

I wonder if someone cause develop a "reverse" for the latter?

Drugs are usually "sold" as a "you are missing something"; "try it".  Like the Shatan saying "you are missing something, so ___".

Opium is used in medicine, it is a narcotic. It can be bad but it doesn't have to be. It is usually used against extreme physical pain.

So you have to see opium through a medical point of view not only as a drug.

Furthermore, people in Arab countries, like Egypt and Saudi Arabia are far more drug addicted than anywhere else. Unfortunately, because it destroys young lives.

Edited by Shiabro

If simply seizing drugs is not working. What can be done to stop this?

Improved economies where people can find honorable work that supplies their needs?

Edited by CLynn

Opium is used in medicine, it is a narcotic. It can be bad but it doesn't have to be. It is usually used against extreme physical pain.

So you have to see opium through a medical point of view not only as a drug.

Furthermore, people in Arab countries, like Egypt and Saudi Arabia are far more drug addicted than anywhere else. Unfortunately, because it destroys young lives.

The drug problem in Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Turkey and other Middle-Eastern countries is far less serious than that of Iran.

Look at the international report listed above and also it the Iranian government and some NGOs in Iran have some reasonable statistics underlining this problem. 

These statistics will be more accessible if you speak Persian. 

Iran's problem stems from its socio-economic conditions and the long border it shares with Afghanistan, as it has been stated before. 

Iran is probably the most vulnerable country in the world to drugs due to its location and socio-economic status. 

Opium use in drug reports do not count its use for medical and legal purposes. Only data for illegal uses are collected.

Improved economies where people can find honorable work that supplies their needs?

That is much more difficult said than done.