Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

How To Prove Tawasul Right To Sunnis?

Rate this topic

The Light

• Advanced Member

In the name of Allah, the most merciful.

Asalam o alaikom brothers/sisters,

I am a new member to this forum and I had a question regarding tawasul. I was just asking that how to prove asking Allah for something on behalf of someone holy such as Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and the ahle bait (AS). It would be really nice to use sone sunni sources against the person Im debating.

So I appreciate if anyone could give me some advice and quote some hadiths from sunni sources to make my argument stronger.

Thank you.

• Advanced Member

يَا أَبَانَا اسْتَغْفِرْ لَنَا ذُنُوبَنَا إِنَّا كُنَّا خَاطِئِينَ

an other verse 

ولو أنهم إذ ظلموا أنفسهم جاءوك فاستغفروا الله واستغفر لهم الرسول لوجدوا الله تواباً رحيماً

Edited by mutazili(wasil)

In the name of Allah, the most merciful.

Asalam o alaikom brothers/sisters,

I am a new member to this forum and I had a question regarding tawasul. I was just asking that how to prove asking Allah for something on behalf of someone holy such as Prophet Muhammad (SAW) and the ahle bait (AS). It would be really nice to use sone sunni sources against the person Im debating.

So I appreciate if anyone could give me some advice and quote some hadiths from sunni sources to make my argument stronger.

Thank you.

Assalamu alaykum

This should be helpful:

http://www.sunnah.org/ibadaat/tawassul_2.htm#Tawassul%20through%20the%20Awliya'

The "sunni" friend of yours is a wahabbi because I'm a sunni and we believe in tawassul

Also wahabbis say it's "shirk" to seek tawassul through people who have passed away, this is wrong and they're brain washed. The sensible wahabbis with a bit of knowledge know it CANNOT be shirk as we do no worship the grave but use intercession through dua

Assalamu alaykum

Edited by Just the truth

Tawassul is not even a debatable topic among muslims (shias and sunnis). Groups that are out of fold of Islam (wahabis) made their own religion and worked on getting their ten commandments and one of them is Tawassul is shirk.

Anyways, here is the link from sunni's work. I have not read the complete thing but as i stated Tawassul is not something debatable with Sunnis.

http://www.sunnah.org/publication/encyclopedia/html/tawassul.htm

• Advanced Member

Assalamu alaykum

This should be helpful:

The "sunni" friend of yours is a wahabbi because I'm a sunni and we believe in tawassul

Also wahabbis say it's "shirk" to seek tawassul through people who have passed away, this is wrong and they're brain washed. The sensible wahabbis with a bit of knowledge know it CANNOT be shirk as we do no worship the grave but use intercession through dua

Assalamu alaykum

Hello,

Thanks brother, 

The information is quite good.

I think you are right,but he considers himself follower of Imam Shafii.

No wonder he got offended when I mentioned "Wahabi" in front of him.

Assalamu alaykum

This should be helpful:

Assalamu alaykum

And Who said We Worship Graves? Dear Friend? 

(Wasalam)

What you talking about now?? Explain properly what exactly are you asking??

Well my dear brother you said:

" The sensible wahabbis with a bit of knowledge know it CANNOT be shirk as we do no worship the grave but use intercession through dua"

In that statement or short sentence who are you referring to? 

By the way we also use Intercession Through Dua.

(wasalam) 

Well my dear brother you said:

" The sensible wahabbis with a bit of knowledge know it CANNOT be shirk as we do no worship the grave but use intercession through dua"

In that statement or short sentence who are you referring to?

By the way we also use Intercession Through Dua.

(wasalam)

I am referring to both shia and sunni and saying how we are correct to use tawassul through dead people by visiting there tombs of course.

I am speaking against Wahabbies who call sunni and shia "mushriks" for visiting the graves.

I don't know what you've understood but the brother who I replied it to replied back and understood very well what I meant!! Look at his reply

Edited by Just the truth

I am referring to both shia and sunni and saying how we are correct to use tawassul through dead people by visiting there tombs of course.

I am speaking against Wahabbies who call sunni and shia "mushriks" for visiting the graves.

I don't know what you've understood but the brother who I replied it to replied back and understood very well what I meant!! Look at his reply

I just simply asked brother, since we are sadly referred as "People who Worship Graves", in the today's world The Wahabi Ideology has spread among many Muslim Communities.