Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
baradar_jackson

Sacred Defence Museum In Hamedan

Rate this topic

Beautiful museum

ISNA format does not let me copy direct link of pictures so please view them here: http://isna.ir/fa/imageReport/91070402788/%D8%A8%D8%A7%D8%BA-%D9%85%D9%88%D8%B2%D9%87-%D8%AF%D9%81%D8%A7%D8%B9-%D9%85%D9%82%D8%AF%D8%B3-%D9%87%D9%85%D8%AF%D8%A7%D9%86#7

Everything about it is perfect. The wall surrounding the museum with names of shohada, the monuments (all of which are very inspiring), and the building itself I love because it uses traditional architecture. And the wax statues look very nice and realistic. My favorites are the pontoon bridge and the commanders in the bunker.

And mehr news doesn't seem to be loading right now but here is their link: http://mehrnews.com/detail/Photo/2141559

A note:

In this picture, the sign says "nanvaie salavati" (Salawati Bakery). The war times coincided with the times of the "construction jihad." The construction jihad was in essence the use of mass volunteer mobilization for rapid establishment of public welfare (which, in the Hashemi years, was inexplicably and unfortunately abandoned in favor of a more conventional model of construction, involving paid workers instead of zealous volunteers).

Part of it involved what were called "salawati stations"; camps that offered food, medical care and the like, for free. (I am assuming their inspiration for the name comes from the hadith that says in Imam Mahdi times, money will be replaced with salawats; not sure).

What?  No monument for the 15 year old (child) soldiers sent out to clear mine fields with their feet?

A catholic living in North Carolina with an avatar of neda sultan and a hatred for Iran... i wonder who this could be? 

Dude get a life. Spriglief you were banned from this forum already, I don't know why you continue to come here, and I really cant understand what your obsession with Neda Sultan is - except to use her as a propaganda tool.

Any way - I am going to ban you. Next time try not to make it so obvious who you are. 

Well, if Baradar-Jackson said it did not happen, I guess that is proof enough for anyone.  So maybe he can give a judgment on this Iranian film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aof17t2prUQ

Al-Mufeed, I don't hate Iran, but I do hate those who would deliberately target women and children in war and think those politicians who would send children to fight are as guilty as other war criminals.  I am obsessed with Neda because she was a victim and would like nothing better then the Iranian Government to find and punish her murderer, whoever he is.  Until he is found, or her parents can publicly mourn her,  I will write a poem in her memory every year.

But back on topic.  I believe this memorial to the Iran's defenders is better then most.  My favorite is the wish of the mother, releasing the dove of peace.

btw, who is hiding?  Ban me if you must.

gteverette AKA Spriglief

Note: My Dixie sent it's child soldiers from VMI and The Citadel into battle and God rejected their sacrifice.  

Well, if Baradar-Jackson said it did not happen, I guess that is proof enough for anyone.  So maybe he can give a judgment on this Iranian film:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aof17t2prUQ

Al-Mufeed, I don't hate Iran, but I do hate those who would deliberately target women and children in war and think those politicians who would send children to fight are as guilty as other war criminals.  I am obsessed with Neda because she was a victim and would like nothing better then the Iranian Government to find and punish her murderer, whoever he is.  Until he is found, or her parents can publicly mourn her,  I will write a poem in her memory every year.

But back on topic.  I believe this memorial to the Iran's defenders is better then most.  My favorite is the wish of the mother, releasing the dove of peace.

btw, who is hiding?  Ban me if you must.

gteverette AKA Spriglief

Note: My Dixie sent it's child soldiers from VMI and The Citadel into battle and God rejected their sacrifice.  

Nobody ever denied that there were child soldiers. One of Iran's most well-known heroes -- Shahid Hossein Fahmideh -- was like, 12 years old when he threw his body (strapped with explosives) in front of a Bathist tank. But there is no evidence for the commonly held notion (in the West) that kids were being used to clear mines (Iran had mine-clearing equipment even at the time; not domestically produced like today, but they were in Iran's possession nonetheless), or for the Taiwanese "keys to paradise" nonsense that all the counter-revolutionary ex-pat authors cite each other on.

The point here is to distinguish between a child who has been brainwashed and has no conscious say in his actions, vs. a child who is fully conscious of his actions and who does them with full awareness. When I was 12 years old, I was an idiot. I couldn't think any thought deeper than chocolate milk or football. But Hossein Fahmideh had a much higher consciousness than a regular dumb kid. In many cases, children or youths rise above what is typically expected of them and display mental faculties not only of an adult but of the greatest of men. In the case of Iranian child soldiers during the war, such was the case.

There was no shortage of adult volunteers (young, old, man, woman... everybody was very zealous and revolutionary at the time). Why would the government force children to fight a war? Why would parents accept that their children fight a war against their will? Again, this brings us back to the original point, which unfortunately I doubt you will realize because you are too stuck in your paradigm of "kids are always helpless, there is no chance of a child being aware/conscious, and everyone in Iran was being brainwashed anyway so how could they have been making a conscious choice."

I honestly don't think you're a propagandist. I just think you are forcing yourself to be dense and not understand what I KNOW you have the intelligence to see.

There was another well-known child soldier, named Shahid Mehrdad Azizollahi. There are clips of him speaking, available on youtube and other internet sources. I will share with you some of what he said, so you see that although he was "14" (in the video he says he is 14 but he is widely believed to have been a few years younger), he speaks on a much higher level than most children or even most adults.

Starts with the Quranic verse:

"My Lord! Open my breast for me, and make my affair easy for me, and remove the hitch from my tongue [so that] they may understand my discourse."

And then:

With my salute to the Imam of the Epoch [imam Mahdi] (May Allah Hasten His Reappearance), and to his rightful lieutenant – the beating heart of the dispossessed peoples of the world, Imam Khomeini – as well as the martyrs of the path of justice and truth, and the wounded and maimed. My name is Mehrdad Azizollahi, dispatched from Esfahan. I am 14 years old. What motivated me to come to the war zone were the stories of those brothers who had been here before me. When they would come and describe it to me, they would talk of all the good qualities the front lines have; that whoever goes becomes constructed in every respect, and that all one’s impurities, and sins, and transgressions become extinguished. I came to the front, so that perhaps I could help in the path of God, and for my sins to become erased.

And then:

In this time, I must say, I have done nothing. Anything that was done, it was the work of God. I was just an instrument. Just now as I was on a motorbike returning from the front lines, a mortar shell went off about 5 meters from me. I felt an impact from the explosion, but did not suffer even a wound. [This just shows that] in the front, we are nothing more than an instrument [in God’s hand]. We alone [do not do] anything. We are weak before these powers. God is our only companion [in these trials].

And:

Interviewer: When you wanted to come to the front, did your parents approve? Did you get their permission?

Mehrdad: In fact, it was my mother and father themselves who laid the groundwork for me to come to the war zone, and I sincerely thank them for allowing me to come. And to other fathers and mothers I say: Do not be so emotional, and do not be so dependent [upon your children], that [you do not allow] your child to come to the front. Truly, [people] should come to the front, and they should let their children come, [so that they can] construct themselves [as individuals]. In my opinion, everyone should come, at least for one week; even if it’s just to see these trenches as a witness.

He does not sound the least bit like a child. Without the references to being a child, there is no way you could tell his age. Now maybe you think kids should not speak like this. Maybe you think it is important for children to retain their innocence, part of innocence being a lack of awareness. That's another point and another discussion. However, it is painfully clear that Iranian child soldiers during the Imposed War were not brainwashed lemmings; they were highly conscious, highly intelligent, highly spiritual. They are not victims, because being a victim implies a lack of control or free will.

As for Neda, we've had that discussion a thousand and one times. The circumstances of her death were ambiguous at best, and the media response to her death was overt, shameless, unquestionable subversion. No scene of anyone being killed was more heavily featured on news media in the history of news media (and no, this was not because Neda's death was the most important death of the century). And no cult of personality has been more mysterious and baseless. I wonder if you saw the VOA Persian documentary on Neda; I felt like I was watching a documentary on Kim Il-sung. The way they glorified this individual who nobody even knows who she was or what she was doing at the time she was killed or why she was killed or who killed her... If that does not arouse your suspicion, either you are dense or pretending to be dense. There are at least ten trillion more worthy causes in this world to write poems about, jack.

And your analogy does not make sense. Islamic Iran is not the Confederacy. There were many motivations for fighting during the Imposed War, but "enslaving and subjugating your fellow man" was not one of them.

Not to mention that the law required both parent signatures that they accept the child in the war front and history showing that the kids practically begged their parents to let them go. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pimHRybIO_o