Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Assad91

About Ya Ali (As) Madad

Rate this topic

(bismillah)

(wasalam)

When you need help, cry out the name of the loyal one, and the (name of the) brother of the loyal one."

[source: Amali - Sheikh Toosi 1:142 / Basharatul Mustafa Le Shiyat e Murtuza Ch.11 Hadees.13]

when harm touches you, unto Him (Allah) you cry aloud for help. 16:53 (Quran) :D 

subhan Allah

"Instead of Allah? Can they help you or help themselves?"  26:93

Who is he besides the Most Gracious that can be an army to you to help you? 67:20

_____

"ya Ali" is not the same as "Ali Madad".

_____

If Allah should aid you, no one can overcome you; but if He should forsake you, who is there that can aid you after Him? And upon Allah let the believers rely. 3:160

Seek help through Allah and be patient. Indeed, the earth belongs to Allah 7:128

you have not other than Allah any protector or any helper. 29:22

Who is he who can protect you from Allah if He intends to harm you, or intends mercy on you? And they will not find, besides Allah, for themselves any Wali or any helper. 33:17

fi aman ilah

اللَّهُمَّ صَلِّ عَلَى مُحَمَّدٍ وآلِ مُحَمَّدٍ وعَجِّلْ فَرَجَهُمْ وسَهِّلْ مَخْرَجَهُمْ والعَنْ أعْدَاءَهُم الأوّلينَ وَالآخِريْن إِلَى قِيَامِ يَوْمِ الدِّينْ

(wasalam)

Edited by peace seeker

(bismillah)

(salam)

What are you mods doing? If you guys are too busy, please give me the honours, I would love to throw all of this wahabi garbage in the shia/sunni forum where it belongs....

@peace seeker: We heard you the first 100 times, you don't have to continue derailing the thread, this is not WahabiChat. 

you have not other than Allah any protector or any helper. 29:22

Who is he who can protect you from Allah if He intends to harm you, or intends mercy on you? And they will not find, besides Allah, for themselves any Wali or any helper. 33:17

^See this is how wahabi's put their own interpretations where is suits them, they say you have no Wali, meanwhile the verses that show that believers have a Wali they ignore it and put their own meaning to it, ie. verse 5:55:

Only Allah is your Wali (Helper, protector, guardian) and His Messenger and those who believe, those who keep up prayers and pay the poor-rate while they bow.

^^^ this gets the prize for being the most blasphemous comment i ever read on shiachat, without any reaction by admins mods or fellow users (i reported it twice already).

other than slandering me, this post is accusing quranic verses of being "garbage".

the point Fuan was referring to is pretty much purely quranic verses. this means that the verses are garbage?! why do people accept insults to the quran? why accept insults to fellow users?? why accept this ??

anyway, let me be honest here: with such tolerance of falsehood, oppression, slander, and now even blasphemy, i have been thinking of avoiding shiachat again. i thought of saying this in public so in case i stop posting, perhaps some people would know why.

(wasalam)

(wasalam)

From Surat Ghafir:

awuthu bilah min alshaytaan al rajeem

(bismillah)

[They will be told], "That is because, when Allah was called upon alone, you disbelieved; but if others were associated with Him, you believed. So the judgement is with Allah , the Most High, the Grand." 40:12

So invoke (fada3u ) Allah , sincere to Him in religion, although the disbelievers dislike it. 40:14 

And Allah judges with truth, while those they invoke besides Him judge not with anything. Indeed, Allah - He is the Hearing, the Seeing. 40:20

He is the Ever-Living; there is no deity except Him, so call upon Him, [being] sincere to Him in religion. praise is to Allah , Lord of the worlds. 40:65

"Indeed, I have been forbidden to worship those you call upon besides Allah once the clear proofs have come to me from my Lord, and I have been commanded to submit to the Lord of the worlds." 40:66

Those who deny the Book and that with which We sent Our messengers - they are going to know, 40:70

When the shackles are around their necks and the chains; they will be dragged 40:71

In boiling water; then in the Fire they will be filled. 40:72

Then it will be said to them, "Where is that which you used to associate" 40:73

Other than Allah?" They will say, "They have departed from us; rather, we did not used to invoke previously anything." Thus does Allah put astray the disbelievers. 40:74

But never did their faith benefit them once they saw Our punishment. [it is] the established way of Allah which has preceded among His servants. And the disbelievers thereupon lost. 40:85

sadaq Allah al Alayh al Atheem

(wasalam)

the point Fuan was referring to is pretty much purely quranic verses. this means that the verses are garbage?! why do people accept insults to the quran? why accept insults to fellow users?? why accept this ??

Stop crying...... You are accusing others of Shirk. This accusation is not for the members of Shiachat but also on all those Ulemas/Ayatollahs who see no harm in saying Ya Ali (AS) madad.

i have been thinking of avoiding shiachat again. i thought of saying this in public so in case i stop posting, perhaps some people would know why.

You are not going to leave. Just like the rest of you wanna be tawheed seekers you people are filled with ego & pride. This will compel you to keep posting the same thing over and over again.

From Surat Ghafir:

awuthu bilah min alshaytaan al rajeem

(bismillah)

[They will be told], "That is because, when Allah was called upon alone, you disbelieved; but if others were associated with Him, you believed. So the judgement is with Allah , the Most High, the Grand." 40:12

So invoke (fada3u ) Allah , sincere to Him in religion, although the disbelievers dislike it. 40:14 

And Allah judges with truth, while those they invoke besides Him judge not with anything. Indeed, Allah - He is the Hearing, the Seeing. 40:20

He is the Ever-Living; there is no deity except Him, so call upon Him, [being] sincere to Him in religion. praise is to Allah , Lord of the worlds. 40:65

"Indeed, I have been forbidden to worship those you call upon besides Allah once the clear proofs have come to me from my Lord, and I have been commanded to submit to the Lord of the worlds." 40:66

Those who deny the Book and that with which We sent Our messengers - they are going to know, 40:70

When the shackles are around their necks and the chains; they will be dragged 40:71

In boiling water; then in the Fire they will be filled. 40:72

Then it will be said to them, "Where is that which you used to associate" 40:73

Other than Allah?" They will say, "They have departed from us; rather, we did not used to invoke previously anything." Thus does Allah put astray the disbelievers. 40:74

But never did their faith benefit them once they saw Our punishment. [it is] the established way of Allah which has preceded among His servants. And the disbelievers thereupon lost. 40:85

sadaq Allah al Alayh al Atheem

(wasalam)

Quick question to all...

When you say Ya Ali Madad: Are you expecting Ali (AS) to help you or is Ali (AS) the median party and the request is towards Allah? If its the latter then it doesnt clash with the above message.

I am a shia here. I never say Ya Ali Madad. The Quran is explicit in asking us to address Allah swt alone and asking from him alone.

If i want intercession here or in the day of judgement, i say, O Allah for the sake of .... grant me intercession.

your opinion has no bearing on me or anyone else on this website unless you have a certificate of higher studies from the howza. Do you?

Since when has it become so easy for ordinary people to pass absolute statements of shirk and kufr around so easily.  I would love to meet some of you in a masjid and ask you a few question to see how much you actually know without referring to google.

^^ 

just arrogant language with zero substance or evidence from Quran and accepted Hadiths that don't contradict Quran:

again talking like iblis:

"I am better than him." 7:12

ـ الإمامُ الباقرُ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ): سِلاحُ اللِّئامِ قَبيحُ الكلامِ. 

Imam al-Baqir (AS) said
  'The weapon of the wicked is foul language.’

[Bihar al-Anwar, v. 78, p. 185, no. 14]

^^ 

just arrogant language with zero substance or evidence from Quran and accepted Hadiths that don't contradict Quran:

again talking like iblis:

"I am better than him." 7:12

ـ الإمامُ الباقرُ (عَلَيهِ الّسَلامُ): سِلاحُ اللِّئامِ قَبيحُ الكلامِ. 

Imam al-Baqir (as) said

'The weapon of the wicked is foul language.’

[bihar al-Anwar, v. 78, p. 185, no. 14]

How did i insult you or say that i am better then you? Obviously you have comprehension issues so maybe its best you dont accuse others of shirk.

If you people, and i say people because there is a whole camp of Salafi apologists on this forum are so adamant on your belief then grow the gall to call our Ayotollahs as Mushrik cause they afterall allow this practice as acceptable.

zero substance or evidence from Quran and accepted Hadiths that don't contradict Quran:

You are beating a dead horse - This topic has been be discussed 100 of times on SC and there are plenty of references and hadith posted already.

Shia-Ithna Asheria probably got the term Ya Ali Madad and the Nad-e-Ali from the Agha Khanis. Again its the IndoPak Shias who tend to use both the term and the prayer

Will we ever recover from using these terms? The only point of debate i ever manage not to be able to handle with my brothers and sisters in the ahle Sunnah is of Ya Ali Madad. I tell them abruptly i do not use these words, but rather call directly to Allah swt and pray for the intercession of whom Allah swt himself will permit.

Will we ever recover from using these terms? The only point of debate i ever manage not to be able to handle with my brothers and sisters in the ahle Sunnah is of Ya Ali Madad. I tell them abruptly i do not use these words, but rather call directly to Allah swt and pray for the intercession of whom Allah swt himself will permit.

Are you able to convince them on the issue of Usool of Shiaism? If yes, then why do they still identify themselves as Ahlesunnah?

I am not trying to sidetrack your query but i dont get why you would want to discuss the minute issues with Ahlesunnah instead of the major issues.

Shia-Ithna Asheria probably got the term Ya Ali Madad and the Nad-e-Ali from the Agha Khanis. Again its the IndoPak Shias who tend to use both the term and the prayer

Evidence?

I know Iranians and Iraqis who do it as well.

I don't get the obsession of some here with IndoPak Shias. You have a problem with Indo-Pakistanis or with Shia or with both? I simply don't get it. And yes, in Iran many say ya Ali madad, even many scholars(as Shaikhs) and in Iraq as well(mostly without the madad at the end). What is your problem?

I don't get the obsession of some here with IndoPak Shias. You have a problem with Indo-Pakistanis or with Shia or with both? I simply don't get it. And yes, in Iran many say ya Ali madad, even many scholars(as Shaikhs) and in Iraq as well(mostly without the madad at the end). What is your problem?

Because everything controversial in Shiaism stems from indopak shias whereas the goodness comes from US/UK/AUS/Shiachat land.

You seem rather defensive are you a IndoPak Shia. The post was about YaAli Madad. To say another country says something without part of it is non-sensical.

How many of these of aforementioned scholars say it instead of a Salaam

Probably none. That's the same for indopak shias.

Hmmm ??. You obviously not from IndoPak. Should have clarified when they first meet they say YaAliMadad instead of Salaam. majority follow it up with Salaam but some dont.

I enquired why do they say it. I was told it was the sign of a Munafiq that his expression falls at the hearing Hz Al (as) name.

Since Indo Pak Shias only say it to fellow IndoPak Shias they must be very worried about the number of munafiqs amongst them !!!

Edited by A true Sunni

You seem rather defensive are you a IndoPak Shia. The post was about YaAli Madad. To say another country says something without part of it is non-sensical.

How many of these of aforementioned scholars say it instead of a Salaam

No, I am not of Indian or Pakistani origin. But I have enough courage to argue against people like you who have no logic.

Also to add this post was about ya Ali madad in general, not about ya Ali madad instead of, before or after Salam or in combination with other sayings, duas, prayers, whatever. So your argument doesn't make sense and is not part of this topic.

Edited by Shiabro

Hmmm ??. You obviously not from IndoPak. Should have clarified when they first meet they say YaAliMadad instead of Salaam. majority follow it up with Salaam but some dont.

I enquired why do they say it. I was told it was the sign of a Munafiq that his expression falls at the hearing Hz Al (as) name.

Since Indo Pak Shias only say it to fellow IndoPak Shias they must be very worried about the number of munafiqs amongst them !!!

I live in Karachi, Pakistan. Have been living here since birth, plan on remaining here too. You do not know what the majority of indopak Shias say. Drawing conclusions about 30-45 million people from experiences with a few - that's what the ignorant do.

So exchanging Salam with Ya Ali madad is like a secret gang hand shake that is done by Pak/Indo community amongst themselves.  Do you realise how stupid that sounds.

I can easily say i have met with 5,000 +/- a few indopak Shias and none of them except for 1 says Ya Ali madad instead of Salam. This 1 individual is also seen as a malang in the community.

----------------

There are plenty of threads on SC regarding saying "Ya Ali Madad" if it makes sense to you then say it otherwise say "Ya Allah". It's simple as that. Lets not fall into the salafi/wahabbi mentality of labelling everything as shirk.

Edited by Logic

So exchanging Salam with Ya Ali madad is like a secret gang hand shake that is done by Pak/Indo community amongst themselves.  Do you realise how stupid that sounds.

I can easily say i have met with 5,000 +/- a few indopak Shias and none of them except for 1 says Ya Ali madad instead of Salam. This 1 individual is also seen as a malang in the community.

----------------

There are plenty of threads on SC regarding saying "Ya Ali Madad" if it makes sense to you then say it otherwise say "Ya Allah". It's simple as that. Lets not fall into the salafi/wahabbi mentality of labelling everything as shirk.

so you are saying that Malangs are not Shias ? 

salam Alaikum:

bismillah

Quran Summary (no contradictions):

و إ ذا سألك عبادي عني فإني قريب أجيب دعوة الداع إذا دعان فليستجيبوا لي وليؤمنوا بي لعلهم يرشدون

2:186

إنك سميع الدعاء

3:38

قل أرأيتكم إن أتاكم عذاب الله أو أتتكم الساعة أغير الله تدعون إن كنتم صادقين

6:40

بل إياه تدعون فيكشف ما تدعون إليه إن شاء و تنسون ما تشركون

6:41

و أن المساجد لله فلا تدعوا مع الله أحدا

72:18

قل إنما أدعو ربي و لا أشرك به أحدا

72:20

إن الذين تدعون من دون الله عباد أمثالكم فادعوهم فليستجيبوا لكم إن كنتم صادقين

7:194 

و الذين تدعون من دونه لا يستطيعون نصركم ولا أنفسهم ينصرون

7:197

قل ادعوا الذين زعمتم من دونه فلا يملكون كشف الضر عنكم ولا تحويلا

17:56

و قيل ادعوا شركاءكم فدعوهم فلم يستجيبوا لهم ورأوا العذاب لو أنهم كانوا يهتدون

28:64

قل ادعوا الذين زعمتم من دون الله لا يملكون مثقال ذرة في السماوات و لا في الأرض و ما لهم فيهما من شرك و ما له منهم من ظهير

34:22

و لا تنفع الشفاعة عنده إلا لمن أذن له

34:23

و الذين تدعون من دونه ما يملكون من قطمير

35:13

إن تدعوهم لا يسمعوا دعاءكم و لو سمعوا ما استجابوا لكم و يوم القيامة يكفرون بشرككم و لا ينبئك مثل خبير

35:14

فادعوا الله مخلصين له الدين و لو كره الكافرون

40:14

قل لله الشفاعة جميعا له ملك السماوات و الأرض ثم إليه ترجعون

39:44

فلولا نصرهم الذين اتخذوا من دون الله قربانا آلهة بل ضلوا عنهم و ذلك إفكهم و ما كانوا يفترون

46:28

من دون الله هل ينصرونكم أو ينتصرون

26:93

أمن هذا الذي هو جند لكم ينصركم من دون الرحمن إن الكافرون إلا في غرور

67:20

استعينوا بالله واصبروا إن الأرض لله

7:128

•  

ما لكم من دون الله من وليّ و لا نصير

29:22

الله الذي خلق السماوات و الأرض وما بينهما في ستة أيام ثم استوى على العرش ما لكم من دونه من وليّ و لا شفيع أفلا تتذكرون

32:4

من ذا الذي يعصمكم من الله إن أراد بكم سوءا أو أراد بكم رحمة و لا يجدون لهم من دون الله وليّا و لا نصيرا

33:17

ذلكم بأنه إذا دعي الله وحده كفرتم و إن يشرك به تؤمنوا فالحكم لله العلي الكبير

40:12

فادعوا الله مخلصين له الدين و لو كره الكافرون

40:14

و الله يقضي بالحق و الذين يدعون من دونه لا يقضون بشيء إن الله هو السميع البصير

40:20

هو الحي لا إله إلا هو فادعوه مخلصين له الدين الحمد لله رب العالمين

40:65

قل إني نهيت أن أعبد الذين تدعون من دون الله لما جاءني البينات من ربي و أمرت أن أسلم لرب العالمين

40:66

من دون الله قالوا ضلوا عنا بل لم نكن ندعو من قبل شيئا كذلك يضل الله الكافرين

40:74

•  

قل الله أعلم بما لبثوا له غيب السماوات و الأرض أبصر به و أسمع ما لهم من دونه من وليّ و لا يشرك في حكمه أحدا

18:26

ذلك بأن الله هو الحق و أن ما يدعون من دونه الباطل و أن الله هو العلي الكبير

31:30

و توكل على الله و كفى بالله وكيلا

33:3

و ما يؤمن أكثرهم بالله إلا و هم مشركون

12:106

قل من ينجيكم من ظلمات البر والبحر تدعونه تضرعا و خفية لئن أنجانا من هذه لنكونن من الشاكرين

6:63

و يعبدون من دون الله ما لا يضرهم و لا ينفعهم و يقولون هؤلاء شفعاؤنا عند الله قل أتنبئون الله بما لا يعلم في السماوات و لا في الأرض سبحانه و تعالى عما يشركون

10:18

يومئذ لا تنفع الشفاعة إلا من أذن له الرحمن و رضي له قولا

20:109

و لا تنفع الشفاعة عنده إلا لمن أذن له

34:23

إياك نعبد و إياك نستعين

1:5

و ما بكم من نعمة فمن الله ثم إذا مسكم الضر فإليه تجأرون

16:53

الله الذي خلقكم ثم رزقكم ثم يميتكم ثم يحييكم هل من شركائكم من يفعل من ذلكم من شيء سبحانه و تعالى عما يشركون

30:40

لكنا هو الله ربي و لا أشرك بربي أحدا

18:38

إن ينصركم الله فلا غالب لكم و إن يخذلكم فمن ذا الذي ينصركم من بعده و على الله فليتوكل المؤمنون

3:160

قل ادعوا الذين زعمتم من دونه فلا يملكون كشف الضر عنكم ولا تحويلا

17:56

أولئك الذين يدعون يبتغون إلى ربهم الوسيلة أيهم أقرب ويرجون رحمته ويخافون عذابه إن عذاب ربك كان محذورا

17:57

Letter 31, Nahjul Balagha:

Develop the habit of patience against sufferings, calamities and adversities. This virtue of patience is one of the highest values of morality and nobility of character and it is the best habit which one can develop. Trust in Allah and let your mind seek His protection in every calamity and suffering because you will thus entrust yourself and your affairs to the Best Trustee and to the Mightiest Guardian. Do not seek help or protection from anybody but Allah. Reserve your prayers, your requests, your solicitations, your supplications, and your entreaties to Him and Him alone because to grant, to give, to confer and to bestow, as well as to withhold, to deprive, to refuse, and to debar, lies only in His Power. Ask as much of His Blessings and seek as much of His Guidance as you can.

•  

Detailed Proofs:

Oneness of Allah, in Supplicating Only to Him

Salam Alaikum,

Quranic verses showing that we must only call upon / make duas to / supplicate to Allah:

و إ ذا سألك عبادي عني فإني قريب أجيب دعوة الداع إذا دعان فليستجيبوا لي وليؤمنوا بي لعلهم يرشدون

And when My servants ask you, concerning Me - indeed I am near. I respond to the invocation (duas) of the supplicant when he calls upon (makes duas) Me. So let them respond to Me [by obedience] and believe in Me that they may be [rightly] guided. 2:186

إنك سميع الدعاء

You are the Hearer of supplication (dua). 3:38

قل أرأيتكم إن أتاكم عذاب الله أو أتتكم الساعة أغير الله تدعون إن كنتم صادقين

Say, "Have you considered: if there came toyou the punishment of Allah or there came to you the Hour - is it other than Allah you would invoke (make duas to), if you should be truthful?" 6:40

بل إياه تدعون فيكشف ما تدعون إليه إن شاء و تنسون ما تشركون

No, it is Him you would invoke (make duas to)and He would remove that for which you invoked Him if He willedand you would forget what you associate. 6:41

و أن المساجد لله فلا تدعوا مع الله أحدا

And that the mosques belong to Allah; so do not invoke (make duas to), along with Allah, anyone. 72:18

قل إنما أدعو ربي و لا أشرك به أحدا

Say, "Surely I invoke ( make duas to) my Lord, and I do not associate with Him anyone." 72:20

• On wrongly calling upon servants and slaves of Allah such as Imams or Prophets:

إن الذين تدعون من دون الله عباد أمثالكم فادعوهم فليستجيبوا لكم إن كنتم صادقين

Indeed, those you call upon (make duas to ) besides Allah are servants like you. So call upon them and let them respond to you, if you should be truthful. 7:194 

و الذين تدعون من دونه لا يستطيعون نصركم ولا أنفسهم ينصرون

And those you call upon (make duas to) besides Him are unable to help you, nor can they help themselves." 7:197

قل ادعوا الذين زعمتم من دونه فلا يملكون كشف الضر عنكم ولا تحويلا

Say, "Invoke (make duas to) those you have claimed besides Him, for they do not possess the [ability for] removal of adversity from you or [for its] transfer [to someone else]." 17:56

و قيل ادعوا شركاءكم فدعوهم فلم يستجيبوا لهم ورأوا العذاب لو أنهم كانوا يهتدون

And it will be said, "Invoke (make duas to) your 'partners'" and they will invoke them; but they will not respond to them, and they will see the punishment. If only they had followed guidance! 28:64

قل ادعوا الذين زعمتم من دون الله لا يملكون مثقال ذرة في السماوات و لا في الأرض و ما لهم فيهما من شرك و ما له منهم من ظهير

Say, "Invoke (make duas to) those you claim besides Allah." They do not possess an atom's weight [of ability] in the heavens or onthe earth, and they do not have therein any partnership [with Him], nor is there for Him from among them any assistant. 34:22

و لا تنفع الشفاعة عنده إلا لمن أذن له

And intercession (shifa3a) does not benefit with Him except for one whom He permits. 34:23

و الذين تدعون من دونه ما يملكون من قطمير

And those whom you invoke (make duas to) other than Him do not possess the membrane of a date seed. 35:13

إن تدعوهم لا يسمعوا دعاءكم و لو سمعوا ما استجابوا لكم و يوم القيامة يكفرون بشرككم و لا ينبئك مثل خبير

If you invoke (make duas to) them, they do not hear your supplication; and if they heard, they would not respond to you. And on the Day of Resurrection they will deny your association. And none can inform you like [one] Acquainted [with all matters]. 35:14

فادعوا الله مخلصين له الدين و لو كره الكافرون

So invoke (make duas to) Allah , sincere to Him inreligion, although the disbelievers dislike it. 40:14

قل لله الشفاعة جميعا له ملك السماوات و الأرض ثم إليه ترجعون

Say, "To Allah belongs intercession (alshifa3atu) entirely. To Him belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth. Then to Him you will be returned." 39:44 

فلولا نصرهم الذين اتخذوا من دون الله قربانا آلهة بل ضلوا عنهم و ذلك إفكهم و ما كانوا يفترون

Then why did those they took besides Allah as deities by which to approach [Him] ( min dooni Allahi qurbanan ) not aid them? But they had strayed from them. And that was their falsehood and what they were inventing. 46:28

من دون الله هل ينصرونكم أو ينتصرون

"Instead of Allah? Can they help (bring nasr to) you or help (bring nasr to) themselves?"  26:93

أمن هذا الذي هو جند لكم ينصركم من دون الرحمن إن الكافرون إلا في غرور

Who is he besides the Most Gracious that can be an army to you to help (bring nasr to) you? 67:20

استعينوا بالله واصبروا إن الأرض لله 

Seek help (esta3een) through Allah and be patient. Indeed, the earth belongs to Allah 7:128

• Al-Waly الوالي  (Friend, Patron and Helper) is a Name of Allah:

ما لكم من دون الله من وليّ و لا نصير

you have not other than Allah any protector (waly) or any helper (naseer). 29:22

الله الذي خلق السماوات و الأرض وما بينهما في ستة أيام ثم استوى على العرش ما لكم من دونه من وليّ و لا شفيع أفلا تتذكرون

It is Allah who created the heavens and the earth and whatever is between them in six days; then He established Himself above the Throne. You have not besides Him any protector (Waly) or any intercessor (Shafi'in); so will you not be reminded? 32:4

من ذا الذي يعصمكم من الله إن أراد بكم سوءا أو أراد بكم رحمة و لا يجدون لهم من دون الله وليّا و لا نصيرا

Who is he who can protect you from Allah if He intends to harm you, or intends mercy on you? And they will not find, besides Allah, for themselves any Wali or any helper (Naseera).33:17

• It seems some people only believe when they associate others with Allah:

ذلكم بأنه إذا دعي الله وحده كفرتم و إن يشرك به تؤمنوا فالحكم لله العلي الكبير

"That is because, when Allah was called upon (made duas to) alone, you disbelieved; but if others were associated (shirq) with Him, you believed. So the judgement is with Allah , the Most High, the Grand." 40:12

فادعوا الله مخلصين له الدين و لو كره الكافرون

So invoke (make duas to) Allah , sincere to Him in religion, although the disbelievers dislike it. 40:14

و الله يقضي بالحق و الذين يدعون من دونه لا يقضون بشيء إن الله هو السميع البصير

And Allah judges with truth, while those they invoke (make duas to) besides Him judge not with anything. Indeed, Allah - He is the Hearing, the Seeing. 40:20

هو الحي لا إله إلا هو فادعوه مخلصين له الدين الحمد لله رب العالمين

He is the Ever-Living; there is no deity except Him, so call upon (make duas to) Him, sincere to Him in religion. praise is to Allah , Lord of the worlds. 40:65

قل إني نهيت أن أعبد الذين تدعون من دون الله لما جاءني البينات من ربي و أمرت أن أسلم لرب العالمين

Say, "Indeed, I have been forbidden to worship those you call upon (make duas to) besides Allah once the clear proofs have come to mefrom my Lord, and I have been commanded to submit to the Lord of the worlds." 40:66

الذين كذبوا بالكتاب و بما أرسلنا به رسلنا فسوف يعلمون

إذ الأغلال في أعناقهم و السلاسل يسحبون

في الحميم ثم في النار يسجرون

In boiling water; then in the Fire they will befilled [with flame]. 40:72

ثم قيل لهم أين ما كنتم تشركون

Then it will be said to them, "Where is that which you used to associate [with Him] 40:73

من دون الله قالوا ضلوا عنا بل لم نكن ندعو من قبل شيئا كذلك يضل الله الكافرين

Other than Allah ?" They will say, "They have departed from us; rather, we did not used to invoke (make duas to) previously anything." Thus does Allah put astray the disbelievers. 40:74

• Allah is the Judge/ Arbiter ,  al- Hakam الحكم:

قل الله أعلم بما لبثوا له غيب السماوات و الأرض أبصر به و أسمع ما لهم من دونه من وليّ و لا يشرك في حكمه أحدا

Say, " Allah is most knowing of how long they remained. He has the unseen of the heavens andthe earth. How Seeing is He and how Hearing! They have not besides Him any protector (Waly), and He shares not His legislation (hukm) with anyone." 18:26

ذلك بأن الله هو الحق و أن ما يدعون من دونه الباطل و أن الله هو العلي الكبير

That is because Allah is the Truth, and that what they call upon (make duas to) other than Him is falsehood, and because Allah is the High, the Grand. 31:30

و توكل على الله و كفى بالله وكيلا

And rely (Wakil) upon Allah ; and sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs (Wakil). 33:3

و ما يؤمن أكثرهم بالله إلا و هم مشركون

And most of them believe not in Allah except while they associate others with Him.12:106

قل من ينجيكم من ظلمات البر والبحر تدعونه تضرعا و خفية لئن أنجانا من هذه لنكونن من الشاكرين

Say: "Who rescues you from the darkness of the land and the sea, when you call upon (make duas to) Him in humility and in secret (saying): If He (Allah) only saves us from this (danger), we shall truly be grateful." 6:63

• asking others for intercession is worshipping them:

و يعبدون من دون الله ما لا يضرهم و لا ينفعهم و يقولون هؤلاء شفعاؤنا عند الله قل أتنبئون الله بما لا يعلم في السماوات و لا في الأرض سبحانه و تعالى عما يشركون

And they worship other than Allah that which neither harms them nor benefits them, and they say, "These are our intercessors (bringers of shifa'a) with Allah " Say, "Do you inform Allah of something He does not know in the heavens or on the earth?" Exalted is He and high above what they associate with Him 10:18

• all shifa'a / intercession is in Hands of God:

يومئذ لا تنفع الشفاعة إلا من أذن له الرحمن و رضي له قولا

That Day, no intercession (shifa'a) will benefit except one to whom the Most Merciful has given permission and has accepted his word. 20:109

و لا تنفع الشفاعة عنده إلا لمن أذن له

And intercession (shifa'a) does not benefit with Him except for one whom He permits. 34:23

• Other verses pointing towards only duas to Allah:

إياك نعبد و إياك نستعين

It is You we worship and You we ask for help (esta3een). 1:5

و ما بكم من نعمة فمن الله ثم إذا مسكم الضر فإليه تجأرون

And whatever you have of favor - it is from Allah . Then when adversity touches you, to Him you cry for help. 16:53

الله الذي خلقكم ثم رزقكم ثم يميتكم ثم يحييكم هل من شركائكم من يفعل من ذلكم من شيء سبحانه و تعالى عما يشركون

Allah is the one who created you, then provided for you, then will cause you to die, and then will give you life. Are there any of your "partners" who does anything of that? Exalted is He and high above what they associate with Him. 30:40

لكنا هو الله ربي و لا أشرك بربي أحدا

But as for me, He is Allah , my Lord, and I do not associate with my Lord anyone. 18:38

إن ينصركم الله فلا غالب لكم و إن يخذلكم فمن ذا الذي ينصركم من بعده و على الله فليتوكل المؤمنون

If Allah should aid you, no one can overcome you; but if He should forsake you, who is there that can aid you after Him? And upon Allah let the believers rely (wakal ala Allah). 3:160

• The argument of claiming that Prophets and Imams can hear everything is also wrong:

ولله غيب السماوات والأرض وإليه يرجع الأمر كله فاعبده وتوكل عليه وما ربك بغافل عما تعملون 

And to Allah belong the unseen [aspects] of the heavens and the earth and to Him will be returned the matter, all of it, so worship Him and rely upon Him. And your Lord is not unaware of that which you do. 11:123

قل لا يعلم من في السماوات والأرض الغيب إلا الله وما يشعرون أيان يبعثون 

Say, "None in the heavens and earth knows the unseen except Allah , and they do not perceive when they will be resurrected." 27:65

Hadiths / Narrations confirming Quran:

Imam Ali said:

Letter 31, Nahjul Balagha:

Develop the habit of patience against sufferings, calamities and adversities. This virtue of patience is one of the highest values of morality and nobility of character and it is the best habit which one can develop. Trust in Allah and let your mind seek His protection in every calamity and suffering because you will thus entrust yourself and your affairs to the Best Trustee and to the Mightiest Guardian. Do not seek help or protection from anybody but Allah. Reserve your prayers, your requests, your solicitations, your supplications, and your entreaties to Him and Him alone because to grant, to give, to confer and to bestow, as well as to withhold, to deprive, to refuse, and to debar, lies only in His Power. Ask as much of His Blessings and seek as much of His Guidance as you can.

[...]

Realize this truth, my son, that the Lord who owns and holds the treasures of Paradise and the earth has given you permission to ask and beg for them and He has promised to grant your prayers. He has told you to pray for His Favours that they may be granted to you and to ask for His Blessings that they may be bestowed upon you. He has not appointed guards to prevent your prayers reaching Him. Nor is there any need for anybody to intercede before Him on your behalf.

H ,3356CH ,53h 12 Al-Kafi v. 2

A number of our people have narrated from Sahl ibn Ziyad from Muhammad ibn‘Abd al-Hamid al-‘Attar from Yunus ibn Ya’qub from abu Basir who has saidthe following:

“Once I said to abu ‘Abd Allah, recipient of divine supreme covenant, ‘Our sustenance has been delayed.’ The Imam was angered and told me to say, 

‘O Lord, You have undertaken to provide me sustenance, and to all walking beings, O the best to call for help, O the best to plead with, O the best of charity providers, O the best of hope bestow upon me such and such, . .. mention your wish in place of ‘such and such’.’”

H ,3285CH ,48h 24 Al-Kafi v. 2

It is narrated from him (narrator of the Hadith above) from Isma’Il ibn Mehran from Hammad ibn ‘Uthman who has said the following:

“I heard abu ‘Abd Allah, recipient of divine supreme covenant,saying, 

‘Whoever says, “As Allah wills it happens. There are no means and no power without the help of Allah, the Most High, the Most Great,”’ one hundred times after the morning prayer, he will not suffer any hardships that day.”

H ,3259CH ,46h 1 Al-Kafi v. 2

Muhammad ibn Yahya has narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn ‘Isa fromAli ibn al-Hakam from Hisham ibn Salim from abu ‘Abd Allah, recipient of divine supreme covenant, who has said the following:

“When a man prays and thereafter says, ‘As Allah wills, there are no means and no power without the help of Allah,’ Allah, the Most Majestic, the Most Holy, says, “My servant has accepted dying and has submitted himself to My command. Provide him the help that he needs.’” 

H ,3360CH ,54h 3 Al-Kafi v. 2

Muhammad ibn Yahya has narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad from Muhammad ibn Sinan from Muskan from abu Hamza al-Thumali from abu ‘AbdAllah, recipient of divine supreme covenant, who has said the following:

“Once a man came to the Holy Prophet and said, ‘O Messenger of Allah, I face a strong insinuation in my chest (mind) and I am a man with a family, indebted and needy.’ The Messenger of Allah told him to repeat these words: ‘I place my trust in the Living One, Who does not die, all praise belongs to Allah, Who has not taken any companion, or children, Who has no partner in His Kingdom, and no guardian against defeat and you must say that He is greater than can be described.’ Shortly thereafter he came and said, ‘Allah has removed the insinuation from my chest, enabled me to pay my debts and has increased my sustenance.’” 

H ,3368CH ,55h 7 Al-Kafi v. 2

A number of our people have narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad from‘Uthman ibn ‘Isa from Sama'a from abu ‘Abd Allah, recipient of divine supreme covenant, who has said the following:

“When you are afraid of something say, ‘O Lord, no one is an alternative for You and You are the alternative for everyone of Your creatures, suffice me in such and such matters.’”

H ,3369CH ,55h 8 Al-Kafi v. 2

It is narrated from him (narrator of the Hadith above) from A number of our people have narrated in a marfu’ manner from abu ‘Abd Allah, recipient of divine supreme covenant, who has said the following:

“Of the supplications of my father, recipient of divine supreme covenant, in an event was this: 

‘O Lord, grant al-Salat (favors) upon Muhammad and his family, forgive me, have mercy upon me, purify my deeds, make my return easy, guide my heart, bestow upon me security against my fear, good health during all of my life, establish firmly basic proofs of my belief, forgive my sins, whiten my face, safeguard me in my religion, accept with ease my request, expand my sustenance; I am weak, overlook my evil deeds with the virtue before You, do not cause me pain in myself, or my good friends, grant me an opportunity of Your opportunities with which You will take away all such matters with which You have placed me in trial and in return for it (trials) confer upon me with the best of Your habits with me. My power has become weak, my patience is thinning out, my hope in Your creatures is lost, no hope is left except You and I have placed my trust before You. Your power over me, O Lord, to have mercy upon me and bestow upon me good health is just like Your power over me to punish and afflict me with misfortunes. O Lord, speaking of Your kindness comforts me; the hope in Your reward strengthens me. I have never been without Your bounties from the time You created me. You are my Lord, my master, my source of help, my refuge, my protector, my defender, my benevolent, and the undertaker of my sustenance. In Your determinations and decisions whatever is about me, O my Lord, my master, in whatever way You are to determine or decide or finalize make it to be a quick relief for me from all of my sufferings, and good health for me; I do not find anyone to remove it from me except You and no one to rely on except You. O Possessor of glory and magnanimity be with the best of my hopes in You and my wishes, have mercy upon me as I plead, upon my desperation, upon the weakness of my foundation (body), and oblige me with such kindness and all supplicants to You, O the Most Beneficent of the benefactors, and bestow al-Salat (favors) upon Muhammad and his family.’”

H ,3372CH ,55h 11 Al-Kafi v. 2

It is narrated from him (narrator of the Hadith above) from his father from ibn abu ‘Umayr from certain individuals of our people from who has said the following:

“Abu ‘Abd Allah, recipient of divine supreme covenant, has said, ‘A man once asked me, “What did you say when you met abu Ja’far (Mansur al-‘Abbasi, ruler) at Rabadha?” The Imam said that I told him what I said was this: ‘O Lord, You are sufficient for everything and there is no alternative for You, suffice me with whatever You will, as You will, whenever and wherever You will.’”

H ,3438CH ,60h 19 Al-Kafi v. 2

A number of our people have narrated from Ahmad ibn Muhammad ibn Khalidfrom his father from Fadalah ibn Ayyub from Mu'awiyah ibn ‘Ammar who hassaid the following:

“Once I said to abu ‘Abd Allah, recipient of divine supreme covenant, 

‘Will you instruct me with a special supplication?’ The Imam said, ‘Yes, I will do so, say, “O the One, the Glorious,the Only, O self-sufficient, Who has not given birth to anyone and is not born from anyone and Who has no partner, O Majestic, O Magnanimous, O Compassionate, O Obliging, O Hearer of supplications, O the Most Generous of those who are asked for help, O the Best of those who give, O Allah, O Allah, O Allah, You have said, ‘Noah pleaded before Us for help and We are the best to answer.’ “Abu ‘Abd Allah, recipient of divine supreme covenant, then said, ‘The Messenger of Allah would say, “Yes, indeed, You are the best Who answers, the best to be called for help, and the best to plead with, I plead before You through the light of Your face, through Your majesty, Your power, Your might, I plead before You through Your kingdom, through Your formidable coats ofarm and Your community, the members of Your community all of them, through Muhammad, recipient of divine supreme covenant, and the successors after Muhammad to grant al-Salat (favors) upon Muhammad and his family and provide me help insuch and such matters.” (One should mention one’s wishes).’”

some arguments used in Islamic schools for doing duas to others than Allah:

• There are hadiths that directly contradict Quran, such as this one (used to justify Ali Madad call):

When Ali ibn Abi Taleb returned from Ohud, he gave his sword to Fatema (sa) and read this poem: "O Fatema (sa)! Take my sword, the sword that is not disgraced. I am not frightened nor am I a villain. I swear that I worked hard to support Ahmad (saww) and to please the Merciful lord of the slaves."On the day of Ohud when it was very windy, people heard a voice that recited this poem: "There is no sword except Zulfiqar, and there is no man except AliWhen you need help, cry out the name of the loyal one, and the (name of the) brother of the loyal one." [source: Amali - Sheikh Toosi 1:142 / Basharatul Mustafa Le Shiyat e Murtuza Ch.11 Hadees.13]

directly disproved by Quranic verses such as this one:

إذا مسكم الضر فإليه تجأرون

when harm touches you, unto Him (Allah) you cry aloud for help. 16:53 (Quran) 

and we know that whatever contradicts Quran must be discarded.

• الْوَسِيلَةَ Al-Waseela . It is a term used to signify means to approach to Allah, and many use it as a green light to make supplications to creatures of Allah. This word occurs twice in quran, which make it clear that it is not supplication to creatures:

first ..

يا أيها الذين آمنوا اتقوا الله وابتغوا إليه الوسيلة و جاهدوا في سبيله لعلكم تفلحون

O you who have believed, fear Allah and seek the means to Him (Al-Waseela) and strive in His cause that you may succeed. 5:35

then ..

قل ادعوا الذين زعمتم من دونه فلا يملكون كشف الضر عنكم ولا تحويلا

Say, "Invoke (make duas to)  those you have claimed besides Himfor they do not possess the removal of adversity from you or [for its] transfer [to someone else]."17:56

أولئك الذين يدعون يبتغون إلى ربهم الوسيلة أيهم أقرب ويرجون رحمته ويخافون عذابه إن عذاب ربك كان محذورا

Those whom they invoke (make duas to) seek means of access to their Lord (Al-Waseela), which of them would be nearest, and they hope for His mercy and fear His punishment. Indeed, the punishment of your Lord is ever feared. 17:57

the conclusion here must be that wasilah وسيلة does not mean calling upon others than Allah, because the second verse explicitly deals with importance of making supplications strictly to Allah.

• And We did not send any messenger except to be obeyed by permission of Allah . And if, when they wronged themselves, they had come to you, and asked forgiveness of Allah and the Messenger had asked forgiveness for them, they would have found Allah Accepting of repentance and Merciful.  4:64

و ما أرسلنا من رسول إلا ليطاع بإذن الله و لو أنهم إذ ظلموا أنفسهم جاءوك فاستغفروا الله و استغفر لهم الرسول لوجدوا الله توابا رحيما

This aya is obviously in past tense as it was revealed to the prophet, before he passed away. There are verses in the Quran that talk about the past tense, as well as the future. This verse definitely does not abrogate the many verses that clarify that we must only make duas to Allah.

it is just like this verse that talks about Moses' people asking Moses to pray to God for more food variety. This does not mean that if we want food we should supplicate to Moses. This is in context of Moses being in their proximity. Asking a prophet who is in our proximity is not a form of supplication/prayer.

و إذ قلتم يا موسى لن نصبر على طعام واحد فادع لنا ربك يخرج لنا مما تنبت الأرض من بقلها و قثائها و فومها و عدسها و بصلها 

And when you said, "O Moses, we can never endure one food. So call upon your Lord to bring forth for us from the earth its green herbs and its cucumbers and its garlic and its lentils and its onions." 2:61

futhermore ..

فإن تنازعتم في شيء فردوه إلى الله و الرسول 

And if you disagree over anything, refer it to Allah and the Messenger, 4:59

.. as most all Muslims unanimously will agree upon, the above verse does not mean that if we disagree we should make dua to Allah and prophet. Most all will agree that we should check in Quran and accepted Hadiths which are in line with Quran. At the same time if we ask somebody for help, then we ask Allah alone.

• The ayat that say our Waly is Allah, and the prophet , etc ..

there are ayas that seem to contradict each other. Some verses say that only Allah is our Waly ( 33:17, 32:4, 29:22), then we have verses that say we have other walys as well:

قل أغير الله أتخذ وليّا فاطر السماوات و الأرض و هو يطعم و لا يطعم قل إني أمرت أن أكون أول من أسلم و لا تكونن من المشركين

Say, "Is it other than Allah I should take as a protector (Waly), Creator of the heavens and the earth, while it is He who feeds and is not fed?" Say, [O Muhammad], "Indeed, I have been commanded to be the first [among you] who submit [to Allah ] and [was commanded], 'Do not ever be of the polytheists.' " 6:14

اتبعوا ما أنزل إليكم من ربكم و لا تتبعوا من دونه أولياء

Follow, what has been revealed to you from your Lord and do not follow other than Him any allies (Waly) 7:3

then we have suras like these:

إنما وليكم الله و رسوله وا لذين آمنوا الذين يقيمون الصلاة و يؤتون الزكاة و هم راكعون

Your ally (Waly ) is Allah and His Messenger and those who have believed - those who establish prayer and give zakah, and they bow [in worship]. 5:55

و ما لهم ألا يعذبهم الله و هم يصدون عن المسجد الحرام و ما كانوا أولياءه إن أولياؤه إلا المتقون و لكن أكثرهم لا يعلمون

But why should Allah not punish them while they obstruct from al-Masjid al- Haram and they were not its guardians (Waly)? Its guardians (Waly) are not but the righteous, but most of them do not know. 8:34

إن الذين آمنوا و هاجروا و جاهدوا بأموالهم و أنفسهم في سبيل الله و الذين آووا و نصروا أولئك بعضهم أولياء بعض

Indeed, those who have believed and emigrated and fought with their wealth and lives in the cause of Allah and those who gave shelter and aided - they are waly of one another. 8:72

و المؤمنون و المؤمنات بعضهم أولياء بعض 

The believing men and believing women are allies of one another.  9:71

إن أولياء الله لا خوف عليهم و لا هم يحزنون

Surely, for the allies (Waly) of Allah there will be no fear on them, nor will they grieve 10

So, as we can see the term waly can be used in different ways in reference to believers and the rightful custodians of the Holy Mosque. Yet we must remember that al-Waly is a Name that is only for Allah. This goes to say that none of the verses that mention the waly, actually ask us to make duas to any other than Allah. Therefore, verses such as 5:55 are no argument for supplicating to others than Allah.

• some people say that it's not shirq / partnering Allah to supplicate to prophets & imams, because they don't refer to them as Gods:

of course intentions are important, yet in the Quran it is quite clear that calling upon others than Allah is setting up partners with Allah, hence making other Gods. The following verse clearly shows the calling upon Allah 'alone' vs. shirq / partnering with God partners:

ذلكم بأنه إذا دعي الله وحده كفرتم و إن يشرك به تؤمنوا فالحكم لله العلي الكبير

"That is because, when Allah was called upon (made duas to) alone, you disbelieved; but if others were associated (shirq) with Him, you believed. So the judgement is with Allah , the Most High, the Grand." 40:12

• Argument of martyrdom, and it being ok to call upon them because they are still alive:

the quran states clearly that martyrs are alive ( 2:154, 3:169 ); however, there is no indication that we should ask them for help or supplicate to them. Quite the opposite, in verses mentioned above, which show that we should not make duas to servants of His.

• Supplicating to holy people is like asking doctor for help, instead of only asking God:

it is impossibly to live life alone without asking any creature for help. Already from birth we depend on our mothers and call for milk when hungry. However, the more we mature, the more we try our best to rely on God and only God. And when it comes to spiritual acts such as supplications, it is easily possible to purely rely on God. Even in daily life Islam encourages us to be as independent as possible. It is wrong to be demanding of others. 

At the same time the comparison with the doctor does not hold, because as Muslims we should invoke the Name of God before calling the doctor. 

When we meet the doctor we don't beg "please help me doctor!!!", or "oh Doctor take away my problem!!". What we do is explain our problems rationally, and have the doctor examine, resulting in solutions that are possible treatments and cures. But any muslim will be only asking Allah for help in their heart. Then finally we usually pay the doctors for their services. And finally doctors help us overcome health problems. So that comparison would make the intercessor the doctor, and Allah the health problem, which is obviously blasphemy. And if we were to compare the health problem to faith problem, then again that is partnering Allah, because it is clear that only Allah can determine faith:

أرأيتم إن أخذ الله سمعكم و أبصاركم و ختم على قلوبكم من إله غير الله يأتيكم به

"Have you considered: if Allah should take away your hearing and your sight and set a seal upon your hearts, which deity other than Allah could bring them to you?" 6:46

و الذين كذبوا بآياتنا صم و بكم في الظلمات من يشإ الله يضلله و من يشأ يجعله على صراط مستقيم

But those who deny Our verses are deaf and dumb within darknesses. Whomever Allah wills - He leaves astray; and whomever He wills - He puts him on a straight path.

ذلك هدى الله يهدي به من يشاء من عباده ولو أشركوا لحبط عنهم ما كانوا يعملون

That is the guidance of Allah by which He guides whomever He wills of His servantsBut if they had associated others with Allah , then worthless for them would be whatever they were doing.

• We love them so much that's why we supplicate to them:

we should love Allah the most, and follow His orders. 

و من الناس من يتخذ من دون الله أندادا يحبونهم كحب الله و الذين آمنوا أشد حبّا لله و لو يرى الذين ظلموا إذ يرون العذاب أن القوة لله جميعا و أن الله شديد العذاب

And, among the people are those who take other than Allah as equals. They love them as they love Allah . But those who believe are stronger in love for Allah . And if only they who have wronged would consider when they see the punishment, that all power belongs to Allah and that Allah is severe in punishment. 2:165

At the same time if we truly love our prophets and Imams, then we will pray for them, not pray to them. We will pray to Allah to send peace and blessings and justice to them, and ask to be able to support them. The ones who only kept on asking from their Prophet without giving were the people of Moses. They ended up telling Moses to go fight alone:

قالوا يا موسى إنا لن ندخلها أبدا ما داموا فيها فاذهب أنت و ربك فقاتلا إنا هاهنا قاعدون

They said, "O Moses, indeed we will not enter it, ever, as long as they are within it; so go, you and your Lord, and fight. Indeed, we are remaining right here." 5:24

و قال ربكم ادعوني أستجب لكم

And your Lord says, "Call upon Me; I will respond to you." 40:60

further discussion:

the word dua is used in the Quran in many different ways, including calling as well as inviting. In the following verse it refers to addressing the prophet vs. addressing other people:

لا تجعلوا دعاء الرسول بينكم كدعاء بعضكم 

Do not make calling (duas) of the Messenger among yourselves as the call (dua) of one of you to another. 24:63

so, just like the example of the doctor, we can not compare asking from Allah to asking others than Allah. Even though other people can hear a little, it does not mean that they have the Name of al Sami' السميع .. or the Hearing (Name of God). They only hear as much as Allah wants them to, and Allah is the one who enables them to act upon it.

So when referring to duas such as dua kumayl and duas in prayers, then it is something that should be reserved for Allah and Allah alone. While calling humans for whatever reason can not be compared to this. At the same time asking a person who is in front of us to pray for us is also not supplicating to that person.

The more we can be independent from all others than Allah, the better. That is the reason why i will never (in sha Allah) make dua tawasul (supplication for intercession) or call for help from servants of Allah who were martyred ( such as saying ya Ali Madad ).

The Quran and 99% of hadiths are consistently clear about this, and also imam Ali for instance never said Ya Muhamad Madad. or Imam Hassan never said Ya Ali (Abi) Madad .. etc

fi aman ilah

Walaikum salaam

Edited by peace seeker

that was months ago bro :) yes at that time when i wrote it, i worked very hard. it was in preparation to present it to the main shia scholar here in austria alhamdulilah. i ended up only presenting the arabic version, which i felt was the most respectful. the detailed note was for my personal reference which i published on my Facebook account.

God made this man a powerfull helper, through out the times,

And i think it is a bad habit we posses, to say "o s**t" or "o F**k", habits are hard to break, one might even say the wrong one @ time of death !!!

Salam to all,

Perhaps should we first ask, define and understand "Who is Ali?"  What kind of thing that should happen that makes Ali as Waliullah, or Muhammad as Rasulullah?  What actually happened to Adam that made Angels to prostrate  and Iblis turned into Syaitan.

assalam alaykum

Why not to ask a noble Imam Ali(A.S) the student of  the prophet (P.B.U.H) a personality who even the prophet Muhammad wherever needs a favor from Allah the almighty then he was advised to ask Ali the most loyal companion among the others that always deserve to be relied on and trusted in the battles in peace in preaching Islam, when the prophet himself is proud of having such a minister as his strength like prophet Musa when he asked Allah to help him for the mission he suggested Harun his brother to accompany and ease the burden on Musa's shoulder.(Surah:tahah/ayah:29-32). So the same is true for our prophet an there is nothing wrong with it.

Additionally Imam Ali (A.S) is the father of all the rest Masumin (A.S) and he was praised by all of them for the great services he had for Islam and the prophet, in a way that nothings weighing his works or would be comparable to what he had done for the sake of Allah as well as his prophet just to save Islam, so all of other Imams even the effort of his beloved son Imam husain is the fruit of his father. Imam Ali (A.S) is sharing all thawab (rewards) of Thaghalain(humen,Jin ) according to Hadith of Imam Sadiq (A.S) ' و لعلی امیر المومنین ثواب أعمالنا" means Imam Ali (A.S) shares all rewards belonging to other Ahlulbayt for his high status in the eyes of Prophet Muhammad(P.B.U.H) and in the sight of Allah.

and this  is a sign to be reminding  us his humble favors to Islam in a way not again to be forgotten by Ummah like what happened in the case of Ghadir. You know even those who deprived Imam Ali (A.S) from position of Khilafat and delayed the salvation of humanity and did mischief were very well-aware of his unique efforts and status for they could not deny that and it is what narrated many times by the Second had it not be Ali for sure I was collapsed.(this is narrated in the sources of ahlu al-Sunnah).    

Still, why is it the most said?

I have nothing against it, and say it myself.

I am just wondering if there is a hadith or anything on the status of Ali and his help

Well Imam Ali (as) is the Gate of knowledge, the Lion of Allah and of course Waliyyullah, Hajuttulah but most exclusivly Amir ul Momineen 

Its the sunnah of Prophet PBUH (Battle of Khaybar) Nade Ali a.s is the full form

If Ali (as) is physically alive now and I am call him for help, it would not be a problem.  Physically, Ali is long gone.  Calling Ali (as) for help right now, would that be okay?  What I know that physically, Ali (as) has passed away, but his Imamat and Wilayat stay.

Salam...

All of u over here are trying to prove urself right... and why is that so?

You dont want to understand the topic u just want to argue... i see this everywhere nd i wonder wht kind of JAHIL people are there... islam is a peaceful religion it teaches us peace not violnce...

I always had this question in my mind of why do we say Ya Ali a.s madad... for then i got my answer... and thats it... why do people fight... y dont u people think of those hindu people out there how many god do they believe in? I think more then 200 but they never faught with each other to pray for a specefic god... then y do we muslim make things so complicated and call ourselves mushrik??? Who are u to call anyone mushkik? Please muslims this is a humble request dont spoil the name of islam... please.... dont make people think that all these muslims are jahil...

W/salam