Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
FatimAnna

I'm A Convert. Had A Dream About Prophet Mohammad

Rate this topic

Salam.

I converted to Islam from Christianity about 6 months ago.

I couple of months ago I had a dream about prophet Mohammad, peace be upon him, and i told my best friend who is a muslim sister and she got so excited and i got scared so i never told anyone else about it. When i told my husband a few weeks ago about the dream he also got excited and was so happy. My beautiful husband almost cried. I understand that it is something good but I don't want to talk about it with the people in my surroundings. Can anyone here please explain to me why its a good thing and what it means?

Sometimes I get so confused and I have nowhere to turn.

The dream was me and Prophet Mohammad, peace be upon him, sitting at s cliff by the ocean. Just us. At first he walked towards me. I couldn't see his face, yet I could see a long beard. He had a long white dress. Sitting on the ground infront of me. I was talking about my past life and some issues I have overcome. Is was early morning, the sun was rising. There was a flower, blue. .

The day before my dream I was really upset about old family issues, jobsituation. My coworkers was bashing me about my veil (Im from Sweden with lots of racists around me all the time). I was very confused, sad, depressed.

Can anyone please help me?

Thank you sooo much!

Wa Alaikum Salam Sister,

Congratulations, that you have found the true religion. You are very lucky that you saw Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) in your dream. It is a good thing because he was the greatest man ever on earth. And don't be scared at all, so many people are here who just wish to see him and AhlyBait in their dream, you are the lucky one.

It indicates that Allah swt blessings are with you. I don't know much about interpreting the dreams, but all I can say that it is a good thing, and you should not be scared, these people were greatest humans ever, they will never harm you, nor scare you. You may search on Google that what exactly it means, or may be some scholar here can tell you.

check this out:

http://www.myislamicdream.com/prophet_muhammad.html

Khuda Hafiz, the lucky lady 

Wa ’alaykum as-Salam

Welcome to Islam Sister.

I just want ask a quetsion. How do you know it was the Prophet SA? Just because he wore a white robe and had a long beard doesn't mean it was the Messenger SA. Any Christian who saw the same thing would claim it's Jesus [a]. If you don't mind, would you be able to give me a bit more detail of what you saw exactly? I find these things rather fascinating.

Salam Alikum sister, 

Congrats on your reversion. As most people here will suggest that you should never reveal your dream to anyone other then those who are pious enough to interpret it. People will throw random stuff and what not while the dream could totally mean something else. So, its always better to keep your dream and if its really that important to find its meaning than ask the right people about it.

Congratulations sister on your conversion. May Allah continue to guide and reward you. You had a beautiful dream. Normally, in Islam, it is advised that such dreams are kept private and only shared with trusted people. This would prevent you from being envied by other Muslims.

The racism and prejudice can get pretty bad in the West... the believers are always tested. The best we can do is stick to our principles and educate those who are open.

On 9/19/2013 at 2:52 AM, Ali Musaaa :) said:

Wa ’alaykum as-Salam

Welcome to Islam Sister.

I just want ask a quetsion. How do you know it was the Prophet SA? Just because he wore a white robe and had a long beard doesn't mean it was the Messenger SA. Any Christian who saw the same thing would claim it's Jesus [a]. If you don't mind, would you be able to give me a bit more detail of what you saw exactly? I find these things rather fascinating.

There are hadiths that say that shaytan cannot take the form of the Prophet (pbuh) in a dream. When you see him, it's really him.

^... I'm aware of those Ahadith but I am wanting to know how she was able to determine it was the Prophet [a]. It could of technically been anyone. For example, did he claim to be the Messenger SA?

I'm not doubting your dream sis, I am just curious to know how you became convinced it was him SA.

On 9/19/2013 at 2:52 AM, Ali Musaaa :) said:

Wa ’alaykum as-Salam

Welcome to Islam Sister.

You somehow know it, and that instinct is very strong

On 9/19/2013 at 10:42 PM, Ali Musaaa :) said:

^... I'm aware of those Ahadith but I am wanting to know how she was able to determine it was the Prophet [a]. It could of technically been anyone. For example, did he claim to be the Messenger SA?

I'm not doubting your dream sis, I am just curious to know how you became convinced it was him SA.

Salaam Brother ^-^

Well, she did say she had this dream right after her conversion, so it may have been a graceful sign from Allah. I think the fact that the prophet came to her mouth as the one she saw in a dream is proof in itself, but thats just me....

Wa Salaam

A dream about Prophet or Imams [a] is auspicious. Alhamdolillah He brought the days of closeness to Islam.

It has become dimension known as Shia Islam just because other people have created sects in Islam and thus people when attain the real knowledge tend to change their belief and to name their belief they say that they have become Shia Muslims. In real sense this is Islam however because of the manmade sects we have to name the true Islam as Shia Islam, otherwise it would be worthy for the religion to remain as Islam only.

Being follower of (Shia) Islam is a beginning to continue learning more as every (Shia) Muslim is inclined to keep learning in life. The one who keeps learning becomes massive and powerful in terms of knowledge and wise in decisions and deeds. 

There are great measures taken by our leaders Holy Prophet SA and His Ahlulbait [a] to bring knowledge unto us. The five biggest measures or steps that they undertook in this directions are as follows:

The first step was: Revelation of the Holy Quran. This book contains the essential contents of all the revealed books on earth which were revealed by God.

The second step was: The collection of the Holy Quran. This book was maintained by Hazrat Ali [a] but the people said that they do not need it. So Hazrat Ali [a] preserved the collection but every now and then in the various sermons, narrations and while answering questions of people our Imams [a] have revealed the fulcrum of the knowledge that is wholesome for leading good life until the Rise of Imam [a].

The third step was: Mushaf e Fatima Zehra AS. This book has been kept secret and there are very few narrations about the book and all the portions of the book are in custody of Imam e Zamana a.f.

The fourth step was: Fiqh of Imam Jafar Sadiq [a]. This work is a golden treasure of which there are narrations found in a large number of books. The collection of narrations pertaining to Fiqh has been done by great scholars like Kulayni, Majlisi, Sheikh ak-Suddooq, and others.

The fifth step was:

Sahifa e Sajjadiya the biggest treasure of supplications, hymns and prayers. Mafateeh and Sahifa e Alwiya are also among the books of this genre in which the scholar have collected the supplications for Imams [a] for all the problems and ailments of life and hereafter.

In order to have perfect idea and beauty of Islam the study of these things is much interesting and highly fruitful. The more you read the more perfect will you become in your actions and words.There is no subject of life and hereafter which has been left untouched and uncovered by our Imams [a] in their explanation of Quran, sermons and narrations. This makes Islam a gem of greatest value. Since our Imams [a] are responsible for making Islam the golden jurisprudence of life and hereafter, it thus commands the feelings of people to learn about them i.e. Marefat. This Marefat is also included in the various narrations from Imams [a]. It is the subject of Marefat that requires assurance from God and the leaders so that we can realize that we are actually on the right path. This assurance is given by means of dreams and miracles.

I don't know much about interpreting the dreams, but all I can say that it is a good thing, and you should not be scared, these people were greatest humans ever, they will never harm you, nor scare you. You may search on Google that what exactly it means, or may be some scholar here can tell you.

Assalam o alikum. I want to give a different reply. very congratulations for saw holy prophet (s.a.w) in dream this is very optimistic and positive sign don't be scary 2nd people who arguing that how you know he is holy prophet how you recognized, for them I just want to give answer When any person see holy prophet S.A.W In her/his dream he feels that I am seing holy prophet, this is 100% truth holy prophet not mentioned or intro himself in most cases but the person who see the dream feels tht nd believed that he seeing Holy prophet when this believe come automatically in brain nd heart then you surely seeing holy prophet S.A.W.

On 9/16/2013 at 1:31 PM, FatimAnna said:

The dream was me and Prophet Mohammad, peace be upon him, sitting at s cliff by the ocean. Just us. At first he walked towards me. I couldn't see his face, yet I could see a long beard. He had a long white dress. Sitting on the ground infront of me. I was talking about my past life and some issues I have overcome. Is was early morning, the sun was rising. There was a flower, blue. .

Beautiful! I envy you! haha

Interestingly, when I was a child, I dreamt of walking home from school as I usually do and then I saw a tall man with a long beard and wearing a long white dress. Just like you, I couldn't see his face. If it really was Muhammad (s), he probably would not like what I've become :(

Edited by Ali666