Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Extremist Branches Of Shia Sect.

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Salam brothers, I hope you all doing good. This is my first topic.

I was wondering if anyone could please tell me if there are any extremist branches in Shia sect like there are extremist branches in Sunni sect such as Wahabi, Salafi etc.

Can you please list them, it would be great of you. Thanks

What do you mean by extremist?

He probably means those who are near-perfect counterparts of the Wahabbi suicide cult, if there are any...

But there are those Shias who are "extreme" in their views, although they aren't violent at all. But I'd probably be opening Pandora's Box if I expound further on that...

Wa alaikum assalam.

Yep, there's the Yasir Habib cult, which claims to be Shia.

Just like Wahabis, they're not proper Muslims (neither Shia nor Sunni), just immature fitna-mongers on the margins being loud and abusive to get some attention. Both group of extremists, Wahabis and Yaser Habib-types, declare large groups of Muslims 'kafir' including the top unity-minded scholars of Islam. 

Fortunately for Shia Muslims, hardly anyone agrees with fools like Yasser Habib. On the other hand, a large portion of Sunni Muslims seem to be misguided by the Wahabi disease. 

• Advanced Member

Wa alaikum assalam.

Yep, there's the Yasir Habib cult, which claims to be Shia.

Just like Wahabis, they're not proper Muslims (neither Shia nor Sunni), just immature fitna-mongers on the margins being loud and abusive to get some attention. Both group of extremists, Wahabis and Yaser Habib-types, declare large groups of Muslims 'kafir' including the top unity-minded scholars of Islam. 

Fortunately for Shia Muslims, hardly anyone agrees with fools like Yasser Habib. On the other hand, a large portion of Sunni Muslims seem to be misguided by the Wahabi disease. 

Lol it is only one sheikh. What I also meant is that if there are any terrorist Shia organisation like Sunni terrorist organisation such as Al-Qaeda, Taliban etc.

Lol it is only one sheikh. What I also meant is that if there are any terrorist Shia organisation like Sunni terrorist organisation such as Al-Qaeda, Taliban etc.

No, in that respect Shias are lucky, there are no organizations that try to kill innocent people yet claim to be Shia. 

I think the closest you can get is Hezbollah and Mahdi army - the former being a respectable defence, political and humanitarian organization for the Lebanese people, and the latter an Iraqi resistance militia led by a wayward son of a top Shia scholar - both of these organizations defending against foreign armies invading and occupying their country. 

• Advanced Member

No, in that respect Shias are lucky, there are no organizations that try to kill innocent people yet claim to be Shia. 

I think the closest you can get is Hezbollah and Mahdi army - the former being a respectable defence, political and humanitarian organization for the Lebanese people, and the latter an Iraqi resistance militia led by a wayward son of a top Shia scholar - both of these organizations defending against foreign armies invading and occupying their country. 

As far as I know about Hezbollah, that organisation was once praised by the Sunni world and still praised by the Palestinians. According to Wiki, Mahdi Army doesn't exist any more & I can't find any official info for Iraqi resistance militia. Could you provide me a link? Thanks :)