Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Grief

Hijab In Christianity & Islam

Rate this topic

Hi Lemon,

How is it going with your school work?

I thought that Christianlady wanted to get the topic oh Hijab and head covering for nuns, back on track so I will transfer your question about the Bible from, Post 103, to the new topic on:

‘The difference between the Old Testament and the New,’ if that is okay.

Copied from Post 103:

Quote: i mean, was it not written by 40 different people? I have read parts of it and it is very different from the Quran in many aspects, in my opinion.

On 9/14/2013 at 2:42 PM, Mu3lam said:

It is obligatory for Christian women to cover their heads while in Church.

Bible says so.  

Look at Servidor's posts in that thread with girls in hijab.

Christian hijab, however, is nowhere near as strict as Islamic hijab.  For one, it's not required everywhere.  Only in religious settings.  Also, there is no "awra" code.  The rule is modest clothing + head covered.  Hair can be showing, arms can be showing, neck can be showing, etc.  The idea is modesty.  Not strict Islamic hijab.

I have found this to be true in my own studies as well.

On 9/20/2013 at 6:22 AM, PenOfTruth said:

the very origin of this problem are the parents imbedding in the culture. after that, the society around us, then us not studying our religion. the lack of interest in religion nowadays is scary. shaytan is blocking everyone from seeing the truth. and the women who are meant to build the religion are breaking it apart. me living in Australia, I see one in ten people wearing proper hijab. and when I find someone religious I feel like I find heaven. from how affected everyone is. the scary thing is, in the east it is just the same, if not now- it will. see the power of our desires are extremely strong, and the people are not finding  way to overtake these desires.

the hijab is (in my opinion) is the key to Allah swt, because once you wear the full hijab, you just cannot do what is wrong. they say the hijab restricts you, and truly it does from the wrong.

and you see why Maryam (as) wore it..

I think you touched on a key observance there: that hijab restricts you from doing wrong. If you had asked me a year ago before I had ever worn hijab, I would have found your point ridiculous, but it really is a valid point. Last February I participated in a hijab for a day for the World Hijab Day thing, and you really do become more aware of yourself and your actions in hijab. Others also seem to treat you with higher expectations of being of high moral character. Now some people do treat you with suspicion when you cover your head in America, but I seriously get more doors opened for me in hijab than I do in regular attire.