Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
shiamehdi14

Sheikh Yasser Al Habib

Rate this topic

(bismillah)  (salam)

I do not really understand why there are group of shia muslim that hate and talk bad about Sheikh Yasser Al Habib. I Understand he sometimes can use harsh words in his speeches but he is just expressing the truth or at least what he thinks is the truth. He has very good knowledge if Islam's jurispudent, behavior, and history.

Here are some of his videos. (For the brothers that dislike this sheikh please watch these videos without judging first.):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb-Th6qWMTc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib-OHAhVa3g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0yoi_qL8xE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5dzWsDlPhc

P.S. Please try to understand the jist of his speeches and disregard some of his harsh language at first.

(wasalam)

(bismillah)  (salam)

I do not really understand why there are group of shia muslim that hate and talk bad about Sheikh Yasser Al Habib. I Understand he sometimes can use harsh words in his speeches but he is just expressing the truth or at least what he thinks is the truth. He has very good knowledge if Islam's jurispudent, behavior, and history.

Here are some of his videos. (For the brothers that dislike this sheikh please watch these videos without judging first.):

P.S. Please try to understand the jist of his speeches and disregard some of his harsh language at first.

(wasalam)

Because of his manners. Because he finds it necessary to keep cursing someone on public television like that is necessary and will change anything. Hate will only produce more hate. One can disagree with a different school of thought without attacking it... 

(bismillah)  (salam)

(wasalam)

he does have good knowledge actually excellent knowledge but should respect the presence of other sects in islam..

im with sayed Hassan nasrallah on this issue.. his "harsh words" are getting all sorts of people to hate us, we respect the wife of the prophet (saw) for the sake of simply being his wife just like imam ali (as) did.

our leader forbid cursing. ok, forget that, if someone studied the life of ahlulbayt, he would find it rude to even curse his enemy. 

I don't know why he finds it necessary to curse in public like hello, we are getting killed calm down.

people are dying because of him. that's oppression.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TUMPsgbYEQ

wasalam .

Edited by PenOfTruth

The Prophet said his mission was to perfect our morals. 

Yasir Habib's mission seems to be the opposite. 

God says multiple times in the holy Quran that you talk to people with wisdom and good words. 

Yasir Habib disregards all that and curses and provokes people like an immature kid. 

The Imams never indulged in vile curses and abuse. 

Yasir Habib spends much of his time doing so. 

Therefore this clown Yaser lacks knowledge - he doesn't understand what God says, what the Prophet says, what the Ahlulbayt say - OR - alternatively, as the top scholars of Shia Islam said, he likely knows and he's misguiding people willingly, being paid to discredit Shias by falsely posing as a representative. Think about it - our enemies (Wahabis and their zionist buddies) don't lack money and media resources at all, they've been attacking us externally for a long time yet Shias have grown, now what would be their alternative? 

Here are some examples of his jahiliya (extreme ignorance and immaturity): 

bro how did he get that turban oh his head

oh my god man, people expect sunnis to love us when we have a scholar saying a woman had a miscarriage because of omar's face IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE

Edited by PenOfTruth

Thats the thing, not every single person who put a turban on his head is honest. People need to understand that. And not every person that shows hatred towards Sunnis is a guy who loves Imam Ali more than everyone else.

exactly.. and loving imam ali (as) isn't just loving him, it's following his teaching as well. I swear yassir habeb can get 20 turbans on his head, if he doesn't follow the ahlulbayt teaching whats the point.

wasalam :)

He also insulted and called 'kafir' a number of top scholars of Shia Islam. 

So he not only attacks Sunnis and their figures, he doesn't have any respect for Shia scholars either. It's clear he's working against all Muslims. 

The Imams never cursed [openly?]. Yet they were still murdered in the most brutal ways possible.

Fact of the matter is, the Shia are being killed for simply being the follower of the Ahlulbayt [as]. If we stop practising our deen by stop cursing the cursed, do you really think the Shia killings will stop?! Today we stop cursing, tomorrow they will tell us to stop majalis gatherings.

Yes, cursing is part of our deen like it or not:

[shakir 2:159] Surely those who conceal the clear proofs and the guidance that We revealed after We made it clear in the Book for men, these it is whom Allah shall curse, and those who curse shall curse them (too).

[Pooya commentary] Those who withhold what has been revealed to them of the book, be they Jews or be they the Muslim hypocrites.

The Prophet [saww] said those who wage war against Imam Ali [as], wage war against me. Battle of Jamal anyone!??! Lanat beshumar on Aisha and her supporters.

[shakir 2:159] Surely those who conceal the clear proofs and the guidance that We revealed after We made it clear in the Book for men, these it is whom Allah shall curse, and those who curse shall curse them (too).

[Pooya commentary] Those who withhold what has been revealed to them of the book, be they Jews or be they the Muslim hypocrites.

Can you provide a fuller tafsir about this verse? Who is God referring to here? 

Seen in context: http://quran.com/2/156-162 the above verse seems to have been revealed about something completely different. 

Something to think about - if cursing was so important, wouldn't our role models (the Prophet and Imams) have done it too? Why did they always maintain good etiquette and morals? 

Can you provide a fuller tafsir about this verse? Who is God referring to here? 

Seen in context: http://quran.com/2/156-162 the above verse seems to have been revealed about something completely different. 

Something to think about - if cursing was so important, wouldn't our role models (the Prophet and Imams) have done it too? Why did they always maintain good etiquette and morals? 

Here's the full commentary:

[Pooya/Ali Commentary 2:159]

Those who withhold what has been revealed to them of the book, be they Jews (who knew the truth about the Holy Prophet - refer to verse 40, 75 to 79, 89 to 91, 101, 105, 109 and 124 of this surah; and the holy Kabah - Psalms 118: 22 and Matthew 21: 42) or be they the Muslim hypocrites (who know the true interpretation and application of verses - Ahzab: 33; Shura: 23; Nisa: 54 and 59; Ali Imran: 61 and 103;

Tawbah: I 19; Rad: 43, Hud: 17; and Ma-idah: 3, 55, 67 in connection with the event of Ghadir Khum) are cursed by Allah and by the angels and by those who follow His right path. In verses 86 and 87 of al Nisa also the angels and the believers join Allah to curse the wicked. In verse 56 of al Ahzab, Allah and His angels bless the Holy Prophet; and Allah commands the believers to send blessings on him. Unless we join Allah and His angels to curse the enemies of the Holy Prophet, our asking Allah for sending blessings on him will be incomplete. Therefore, the followers of Muhammad and Ali Muhammad bless the Holy Prophet and his Ahl ul Bayt and curse their enemies. Justice demands that we identify the devil as a devil, and curse him even if he is disguised in the garb of a Muslim like Yazid and others. Cursing and expression of dislike and disgust for any evil or evildoer is essential to remain on guard against wickedness, as has been made clear in the above-noted verse and verse 7 of al Fatihah, therefore, tabarra has been prescribed as one of the fundamentals of the religion.

The Jews were most vehemently cursed by Musa for not observing all his commandments (Deut 28: 15-68).

he's against everybody man

Fact of the matter is, the Shia are being killed for simply being the follower of the Ahlulbayt [as]. If we stop practising our deen by stop cursing the cursed, do you really think the Shia killings will stop?! Today we stop cursing, tomorrow they will tell us to stop majalis gatherings.

we can curse at home not in public where the ins and jin can see.

Funny. You can say hateful things about Yasser al-Habib and it's just fine. But as soon as someone says even a slight criticism towards Nasrallah or Khamenei, they get the "omg you're causing fitnah stop it!!!!!" card. Amusing.

Funny. You can say hateful things about Yasser al-Habib and it's just fine. But as soon as someone says even a slight criticism towards Nasrallah or Khamenei, they get the "omg you're causing fitnah stop it!!!!!" card. Amusing.

Funny that supporters of YH cant recognise the difference between YH and Hassan Nasrullah and Ayatullah Khameni.

Hate breeds Hate. 

Atleast he isn't a sufi worshipper like khamenei ;)

You can't stand your idol Yasir Habib being exposed, so you attack Imam Khamenai? 

I guess there's not much else you can expect from followers of hate mongers like Yasir. 

^ He's not my idol & I couldn't care less about what he does etc. He will be accounted for his own deeds & likewise so will we. Khamenei is your Imam now eh? I'm not attacking him..he's said it himself. 

Enjoy ;)

Edited by Labbayk

Can you take your hate against this scholar to a different thread? 

Just FYI, people call him 'Imam Khamenai' not because he's literally an infallible Imam, but in the 'leader' sense ('Imam' means leader). Just like the person who's leading the prayers is called Imam, but you don't consider him one of the 12 Imams. 

May God destroy the takfiri extremists on both sides (Wahabis who defame mainstream Sunnis, and Yasir Habib-types who discredit Shias). 

Labbayk

• photo-thumb-79639.jpg?_r=1365624060

• Advanced Members

bullet_black.pngbullet_black.png

622 posts

• Religion:Rawaafid

Interests:Befriending the lovers of Ahlulbayt (as) & distancing myself from their enemies (la)

(bismillah) 

(salam) 

something must be amiss in the above akhi, what gives.

Please do not become fodder for the enemies. 

(wasalam) 

hamdula I don't see khamanei tellimg me omars face is ugly in public.

yassir curses in public, Khamenei forbid cursing- see who wants peace and knows islam?

Edited by PenOfTruth

Thank you to all the Mumineen that responded. My intent wasn't to start a fight on this thread about who is better than who. Secondly, to all the brothers that dislike Yasser al Habib, can you at least acknowledge he has a great mind jurisprudentially and historically? I understand he uses bad language, which is why i am sort of skeptcle, but i still think he is a genius.

The Imams never cursed [openly?]. Yet they were still murdered in the most brutal ways possible.

The Prophet [saww] said those who wage war against Imam Ali [as], wage war against me. Battle of Jamal anyone!??! Lanat beshumar on Aisha and her supporters.

Amin ya rab al 3alameen

I believe that Yasser al Habib understands that there are killing of innocent Shias, but he is trying to raise the standards of Shias globally.

Maybe this video may help:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jgkqJ78w-U

^ He's not my idol & I couldn't care less about what he does etc. He will be accounted for his own deeds & likewise so will we. Khamenei is your Imam now eh? I'm not attacking him..he's said it himself. 

Enjoy ;)

Amin ya rab al 3alameen

Thats the thing, not every single person who put a turban on his head is honest. People need to understand that. And not every person that shows hatred towards Sunnis is a guy who loves Imam Ali more than everyone else.

This is very true, which is why scholars like Ammar Nakashwani and Yasser al Habib gave a lecture about the diffferent type of turban wearers in Shia islam.

We also have to understand that he was imprisoned in his komeland, Kuwait, for talking about what he believes is the truth. So naturally he will be a bit more extreme in his ideals, especially about the sahaba.

^Did you watch the video, he was talking about an Arab Country where the Shias can properly live.

how is he raising our standards...

A country where Shias can also properly practice the ithna 3asheri ideology.

Edited by shiamehdi14

^Did you watch the video, he was talking about an Arab Country where the Shias can properly live.

A country where Shias can also properly practice the ithna 3asheri ideology.

There's already an Arab country where people properly practice the Shia Ithna Ashari school of thought, Lebanon.

Maybe Yasir Habib should stop being so dumb and look around a little bit before trying to be political. 

There's already an Arab country where people properly practice the Shia Ithna Ashari school of thought, Lebanon.

Maybe Yasir Habib should stop being so dumb and look around a little bit before trying to be political. 

How about.. "Maybe Yasir Habib should stop being so ignorant and look around a little......" We must not allow different viewpoints to overtake our emotions.

Ok brothers, then answer me this. When you guys "look around a little" what do you see?

I see Sunni extremists tearing down holy shrines and mosques. I see deviant shia muslims misusing taqiyya. I see Iran and the Hizbullah making moves that only protect their shias, not the Opressed shias in Bahrain or even shias in all of Saudi Arab.

P.S. if you don't agree, i don't want to start a fight just a peaceful canversation.

I see Iran and the Hizbullah making moves that only protect their shias, not the Opressed shias in Bahrain or even shias in all of Saudi Arab.

can you please explain more on this issue?

and being peaceful is the only way to have a conversation :)

btw, ill watch the video soon.

wasalam.

Edited by PenOfTruth

can you please explain more on this issue?

and being peaceful is the only way to have a conversation :)

btw, ill watch the video soon.

wasalam.

I totally agree. I just didn't want anybody think i was being too hostile. :D

And if if you will truly watch the videos, just try to get past his bad language.

Some people forget why we have a problem with the "companions". We have a problem with the school of the companions because Ahlul Bayt have a problem with it, and they were oppressed due to their opposition to their ruling. Why? Because they found their ruling in the name of Islam will corrupt Islam. So they didn't have "personal feuds", it was ALL for Islam. Now Ahlul Bayt dealt with them according to how they can oppose them and keep Islam revived. Imam Ali sacrificed a lot to keep Islam, they attacked his house, and his wife, and and and and, he wasn't weak, he just accepted things for the sake of Islam. In the Battle of Jamal, he put Aisha under house arrest and not more, because she was wife of the Prophet and so there won't be problems and to keep Islam revived.

So basically, Yasser Habib wants to have a personal feud with the Sunnis because who ever they follow, were having feud with Ahlul Bayt. But here is were it differs. Our idols, had a feud with them for the sake of Islam, not because they are Ahlul Bayt etc..

Of course, we all love Ahlul Bayt more than anything and we hate who ever hurt them, for who they were and in the end they are in Hadith al Kisaa. But lets not forget, why Ahlul Bayt had a problem with them, and what was the main problem, and lets try and keep it that way. At least for the sake of Islam. 

I totally agree. I just didn't want anybody think i was being too hostile. :D

And if if you will truly watch the videos, just try to get past his bad language.

okay, so your looking at his positives , which shows your an open minded person. and I can see the positive side in him that you are seeing which i see too, and defending.

but, I hope you can answer these questions for me

a) we know that someone that studied the life of ahlulbayt (as) will know, cursing is not Islam's morals, like someone pointed out, Allah swt sent his prophet (saw) to perfect morals- hasn't the sheikh read this hadith? hasn't he seen the morals of the prophet (saw) and ahlulbayt (as) and how amazingly kind they are?

b )obviously he has a personal feud with the sunni's, why does he have to take that out in public? cursing in public? doesn't seem like a sheikh's morals at all !

c) doesn't he respect the shia dying? in the video he talks about the shia and how they should be demanding their own place- they would if we weren't being killed because our (his) hate to the sunnis.  

d) doesn't he know, that a sunni or a salafi could randomly go on his channel and see his words and could kill an innocent shia?

this negative trait almost wipes out his positives, and I hope you understand.

wasalam :)

Edited by PenOfTruth

Look, the point is (Whether you agree with him or not on everything) we should not hesitate in speaking out the truth (unless we know it will harm us or someone else directly).

As for the claim of shias getting killed due to him, can you bring some sort of evidence please. Thanks.

Shias have been getting killed for years and they don't care what type you are oor what you do..as if a terrorist will open up youtube and then say 'hey I'm going to kill you now!'

YouTube is banned in some places as well. You might as well remove all the material and sites including SC as this will also lead to killings.

Just to clarify, no one is apart of his fan group here including myself. We are alll here to learn & acknowledge the different opinions.

Look, the point is (Whether you agree with him or not on everything) we should not hesitate in speaking out the truth (unless we know it will harm us or someone else directly).

As for the claim of shias getting killed due to him, can you bring some sort of evidence please. Thanks.

Shias have been getting killed for years and they don't care what type you are oor what you do..as if a terrorist will open up youtube and then say 'hey I'm going to kill you now!'

YouTube is banned in some places as well. You might as well remove all the material and sites including SC as this will also lead to killings.

Just to clarify, no one is apart of his fan group here including myself. We are alll here to learn & acknowledge the different opinions.

first, I didn't say he's killing people.

secondly, I said he's making it worse.

im not against the people who are with him, thus im discussing it with shiamehdi14  :)

but your making me feel like im over-reacting haha thanks for your point of view, I needed it.  

wasalam.

Edited by PenOfTruth