Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
shiamehdi14

Sheikh Yasser Al Habib

Rate this topic

The Prophet said his mission was to perfect our morals. 

Yasir Habib's mission seems to be the opposite. 

God says multiple times in the holy Quran that you talk to people with wisdom and good words. 

Yasir Habib disregards all that and curses and provokes people like an immature kid. 

The Imams never indulged in vile curses and abuse. 

Yasir Habib spends much of his time doing so. 

Therefore Yaser lacks knowledge and is being foolish - he doesn't understand what God says, what the Prophet says, what the Ahlulbayt say - OR - as our Shia scholars said, maybe he knows and he's deliberately misguiding people, and being paid by our enemies to discredit Shias by posing as one.

Think about it - our enemies (Wahabis and their zionist buddies) don't lack money and media resources at all, they've been attacking us externally for a long time yet Shias have grown by leaps and bounds, now what would be their next bet? Wouldn't they want to buy up a guy who acts like a Shia leader, and use his crazy videos to ridicule all Shias?

Which is exactly what they do, if you go to extreme sunni/wahabi forums that's what you'll find and they start hating Shias. Yaser makes their jobs easy! 

Also, think about why he spends so much time attacking and insulting the Sunni faith, and doesn't attack America/UK/Israel for their crimes. Could they be paying him? 

May God destroy the takfiri extremists on both sides (Wahabis who defame mainstream Sunnis, and Yasir Habib-types who discredit mainstream Shias). 

I totally agree. I just didn't want anybody think i was being too hostile. :D

And if if you will truly watch the videos, just try to get past his bad language.

Why should anybody want to get past a scum bags bad language. the Imama is a badge of authority and he abuses it on a daily basis. The filth that pours from his mouth is just a reflection of the filth in his soul.

Just as well he doesnt do Taquiya otherwise people wouldn't realise the filth that infests him 

Edited by A true Sunni

He may be 'knowledgeable', but he's also a troll. Knowledge doesnt garantee wisdom unfortunately.

While your statement about wisdom and knowledge not always going hand in hand is true (and in fact it is more often true than not) - I have to disagree with the other part of your statement, although he may seem "knowledgeable" to some, his knowledge is really limited, and those with even a rudimentary knowledge of ahadeeth and sources know this. 

Thats the thing, not every single person who put a turban on his head is honest. People need to understand that. And not every person that shows hatred towards Sunnis is a guy who loves Imam Ali more than everyone else.

Again people should ignore all of these individuals - be it habib or others like him (such as allahyari). 

Always look towards the leaders of this sect (the maraja) and see what they believe and how they act. There is a reason why they are Maraja - with very very few exceptional situations - they have gotten to that position through decades of hard work studying and keeping them selves pure and away from sins. They are individuals who have been recognized by their peers in their respective areas as being the foremost of all of the shia. Think about that for a moment - these people live in cities that are full of quran hufaz, great abids, great scholars, orators and the care takers of the holy shrines, families and communities that have been upholding Tashhayyu for nearly 12 centuries in the absence of the Imam (as) - and these maraja are the foremost among them, recognized by the foremost among all of us. 

This isn't  a lesson that people need to learn with t.v celebrity "mullahs" like habib or allahyari -  only, but also with pseudo - scholars online (that seem to infest this forum all the time), who speak with little knowledge and think they have a grasp of things - that they really do not at all. 

We have to be humble enough to understand our place, and recognize and accept those who are better, wiser and more knowledgeable than us. 

Oh man it seems i have gotten too caught up in Sheikh Yasser Al Habib's charisma that i didn't even realise how terrible his characteristics are. Once again Thanks to all the mumineen that responded. My cocnlusion of Sheikh Yasser al Habib is that he is has pretty good knowledge of jurisprudence but the way he carries himself (i.e. his speech) stops him from being a better scholar.

Oh man it seems i have gotten too caught up in Sheikh Yasser Al Habib's charisma that i didn't even realise how terrible his characteristics are. Once again Thanks to all the mumineen that responded. My cocnlusion of Sheikh Yasser al Habib is that he is has pretty good knowledge of jurisprudence but the way he carries himself (i.e. his speech) stops him from being a better scholar.

It sounds like you haven't actually read the responses. Yasir Habib is pretty ignorant, he lacks basic knowledge of Islam: 

his knowledge is really limited, and those with even a rudimentary knowledge of ahadeeth and sources know this. 

Salam bro.

What charisma?

Where are those grear maraja then? Why aren't they coming out in the open (through media, TV) to preach to us here in the west. Also which ones should we follow? All of them? Some of them? Seems like some are more interested in politics & sufism.

I have no problem in referring to be ulama when a situation arises but it eeems like some just want to completely rely on them & them only...as if they will save us om the day of judgement.

Edited by Labbayk

Where are those grear maraja then? Why aren't they coming out in the open (through media, TV) to preach to us here in the west. Also which ones should we follow? All of them? Some of them? Seems like some are more interested in politics & sufism.

I have no problem in referring to be ulama when a situation arises but it eeems like some just want to completely rely on them & them only...as if they will save us om the day of judgement.

My friend, you have Sayed Kamal Haydaris talk show that is really good. Thats the thing Sayed Kamal Haydari said we wanna talk about differences between Sunna and Shia lets begin with Tawhid (monotheism), and how we see God and how they see God. Its not only about Ahlul Bayt VS. Companions. Sayed Kamal Haydari shows them the truth in their eyes, without doing Laan or swearing or disrespect.

My friend, you have Sayed Kamal Haydaris talk show that is really good. Thats the thing Sayed Kamal Haydari said we wanna talk about differences between Sunna and Shia lets begin with Tawhid (monotheism), and how we see God and how they see God. Its not only about Ahlul Bayt VS. Companions. Sayed Kamal Haydari shows them the truth in their eyes, without doing Laan or swearing or disrespect.

I do like some of his stuff but why should I trust someone who's inclined towards sufism & is deceptive and he himself criticises the maraja of najaf?

I do like some of his stuff but why should I trust someone who's inclined towards sufism & is deceptive and he himself criticises the maraja of najaf?

He doesn't criticise, he comments. And so what if he did? We are Muslims.

There is no problem with a person commenting or criticising (without any harm of course).

We aren't Christians were we can't question anything and we can't say no.

Get out of these traditions, your not following Islam you are following culture.

well that makes sense. You cant be bothered to listen to what they say because you want them to preach to you TV. So you choose to follow scum like YH because he comes on TV. So your 'Marje' is the TV not the individual. 

Do you think YH will save you

Can you give an example of where Ayatullah Khamenie has lied or deceived people, I see you as being of YH school

excuse me? Are you awake? Can you please give one speech Where Sayed Kamal al haydari has made one Foolish statement or one Criticism on the Maraja of Najaf? He was only Advising them.  No please go ahead, Do you know what peace is? Its what Islam is based Upon, and your Following a person Who is against it.

(salam)

Can you please tell me How an you follow or love such a person like Yasser Habib Who insulted nearly most of our Famous Maraj'a.

Edited by TheIslamHistory

Salam bro.

What charisma?

Alaikum asalam

I meant that the fact that he would talk about speeches  that were contreversial in shia islam such as taqiyya and mutah got me interested in his speeches.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2DFF9D582F7BA2B4

^here 20 lectures - 18 from Ayatullah Wahid Khorasani and 2 from Ayatullah Javadi Amuli - all with English subtitles.

There are hundreds of lectures online - video and audio format from many scholars, I only linked these specific ones because they have english subtitles.

How is habib reaching you? I am almost certain you don't even watch Habib on t.v - because its in Arabic, and you don't speak arabic, as you are of Indian/Pakistani origin.  What you see from him are a few clips online that people have added subtitles too.

Other wise realistically neither people like habib or allahyari are making any attempt to reach any one in the west, as all of their programing is in arabic or farsi.

There is just as much - if not more - material available from great scholars both on the t.v and on the net, but it doesn't get as much attention because its not sensationalistic.

I don't mean to fight but Sheikh Yasser has spoke in english and has had some english Q and A sessions (with an english arabic translator) to reach out to "western Muslims".

I Like Kamal Haydatis speeches too. He is probably a more 'watered down" version of Yasser al Habib exept with the equal if not better knowledge.

Alaikum asalam

I meant that the fact that he would talk about speeches  that were contreversial in shia islam such as taqiyya and mutah got me interested in his speeches.

Whats controversial about Taqiya and Muta in Shia Islam they are both allowed controversy finished.

What is controversial is that YH claims that he has thrown away the cloak of Taqiya and only speaks the truth.

Any body that opposes him or claims that he is wrong he claims is doing Taqiya.

This enables him to lie and slander people at will.

I see that you didnt deny that you are from the IndoPak continent or that you only have a rudimentry knowledge of Arabic.

Thats how he pulls in the gullible and immature

Edited by A true Sunni

well that makes sense. You cant be bothered to listen to what they say because you want them to preach to you TV. So you choose to follow scum like YH because he comes on TV. So your 'Marje' is the TV not the individual. 

Do you think YH will save you

Can you give an example of where Ayatullah Khamenie has lied or deceived people, I see you as being of YH school

Like I said, I'm not bothered about YH or what he does. What he does is for his ownself. Oh I can assure you I have listened to many of their lectures but I don't base my faith on them (unless they provide evidence).

I was referring to kamal haydari by the way & threads have been made which you can refer to. But as regards to Ali Khamenei, [...] . Who allowed him to take up the position of being a 'supreme leader'? Unfortunately the majority will take his word for everything (including the other marjas) & not question them.

Edited by Haji 2003
edited

I have seen a worrying trend among some shias. You find group who do almost all of the following, and they are driving many for our madhab and are free propaganda for those enemies of shias:

1. They cut themselves and self flagellate. 

2. They not only perform lanah publically, they make up lies such as Umm.Aisha committed adultery - we don't believe that at all. They are extreme , unbiased, illogical, and not balanced.

3. They give the Quran little importance.

4. They give rasullulah s.a.w little importance

5. They rarely call out to Allah swt for help.

6. They don't care for rijal and quote any hadith - anywhere that suits them.

7. They are often against Ay.khamanei and Iran.

Only my observations. In my eyes they have nothing to do with the ahlulbayt a.s. They are their own cult, absolutely annihilating the message of the ahlulbayt a.s 

As for Yassir, don't listen to him, don't watch his videos, and stay away from him and the fitnah caused.

Edited by Tawheed313

Salam,

I love Yassir Al-Habib but I love Ammar and Nasrallah as well. We are all Shia muslims.

Ammar passed me lot of knowledge, Nasrallah is a freedomfighter but Yassir Al-Habib. He really has guts. And if the lectures of Ammar end with weeping the lectures of Yassir Al-Habib are like venom and hummiliate the deniers. 

For some converts to Shia Islam I am sure he was the trigger.