Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
ghazi

Khums Question

Rate this topic

Salam,

Sorry if this has been asked already.

Say i earn 20k a year, and at the end of the year i have no savings. I spent most of the money on mortgage and other living cost e.g food, travel. 

however on the odd occasion clothes and mobiles ect. 

Where does khums apply in this case and for which things do i need to take out khums throughout the year?

PLEASE ANSWER.

Thanks

(bismillah)

(salam)

"mesbah" is right because you needed the things that you bough on the regular bases of your life there is no khums

but i want to add something else: if the thing that you've bough are not suitable for your social status, you have to pay khums of it

for example if you have the status in the society which is very odd (for common people around you) that you have bought very expensive mobile (i.e. the mobile doesn't fit your social status ) you have to pay khums for it and this story is the same for other actions (traveling, shopping ...)

(wasalam)    

Additionally It is noticeable that the things you bought by your salary and remain unused till the end of the year are included in khums rulling.If you buy some rice or oil or or grain,for instance, and some is left at the end of the year(.i.e.the jurisprudencial year not the usual one)  will be included.

(bismillah)

(salam)

"mesbah" is right because you needed the things that you bough on the regular bases of your life there is no khums

but i want to add something else: if the thing that you've bough are not suitable for your social status, you have to pay khums of it

for example if you have the status in the society which is very odd (for common people around you) that you have bought very expensive mobile (i.e. the mobile doesn't fit your social status ) you have to pay khums for it and this story is the same for other actions (traveling, shopping ...)

(wasalam)    

Malik is right, but it should be added that it's obligatory to pay  Khoms of the amount which is more than your status. for example if you buy a mobile which costs 500 dollars while  it's suitable for your status to buy a mobile that costs 300 dollars, you should pay Khoms of 200 dollars which is 40.