Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Ayatollah Khomeini’S Great-Granddaughter

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Facebook Photo of Iranian Ayatollah’s Great-Granddaughter Apparently Photoshopped Because…

The great-granddaughter of Iran’s Ayatollah Khomeini, the leader of the 1979 Iranian revolution, created quite a stir recently after it was discovered that her mother apparently photoshopped out her tight-fitting pants on her Facebook page, according to the blog site Iran Wire.

Subscribers to Naeimeh Eshraghi’s Facebook page, the granddaughter of the Ayatollah, noticed the alteration when Eshraghi recently posted a picture of her daughter receiving an award. Iran Wire’s Reza Haghighat Nejad says some are speculating she had her daughter’s photo altered because the “skinny” jeans or pants she was wearing were too scandalous under Iran’s strict religious culture.

Naima Taheri, the daughter with the tight pants, was accepting an award at her university in Canada when the picture was taken, according to Iran Wire, the blog that first reported the story.

The photo of Taheri appears to have been altered so as to make it look like the young woman was wearing a black skirt over her pants. Her shoes aren’t visible either.

granddaughter-photoshop-620x410.jpeg

Naima Taheri, great-granddaughter of the Ayatollah Khomeini, accepting an award at her

university in Canada. The photo appears to be have been altered from the original photo to cover up her black skinny jeans. The photo first appeared on her family’s Facebook page and was reposted on blog IranWire.

In a different picture showing the young woman at the event, she is not wearing the skirt and her black platform heels are visible:

[edited]

This is the unaltered photo of Naima Taheri, the great-granddaughter of the Ayatollah Khomeini. The photo was posted by the blog Iranwire.

Here’s a side-by-side comparison:

[edited]

A side-by-side comparison highlighting the alteration. (Source: TheBlaze)

“Subscribers to the page spotted the alteration and responded with a mix of opinions that were later deleted. Some have speculated Eshragi resorted to photoshopping her daughter’s trendy outfit to avert attacks from conservative media,” blog author Haghighat Nejad wrote.

“As with many of Khomeini’s close relatives, Eshraghi has endured a torrent of attacks by hardliners,” Nejad added. “Controversy has often surrounded her activity on Facebook, as well as her views on a number of issues including the mandatory wearing of hijab. Expanding on the view she relates on her Facebook page, Eshraghi told Asr-e Iran, ‘I’m against censorship of any kind. In my view, banning the use of anything that we have banned is not a solution. It is not even a remedy.’”

48249_304.jpg

Naeimeh Eshraghi

personaly I don't care about Khomeini's granddaughter and her hijab but I am wondering why they force women in iran to wear hijab and tell us : don't go out of iran to study and we have so many good universities inside of iran and blah blah but when it is about their own kids they ignore their words?

Mod note: I have decided to remove the two pictures of her dressed immodestly. It's not because of who she is related to, but because the thread is focused on her clothing and the members would therefore focus on the pictures which do not have have good hijab. This is an Islamic forum and the pictures are not suitable.

Edited by Muhammed Ali
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

She is not in proper hijab, but what does this have to do with Imam Khomeni(ra) ?  The opinions about this really express a bad feature of Iranian and other cultures, i.e. that the grandfather or his

Who cares what she wears because she is related to a man many see to be very religious? Did not Prophets and Imams have family even closer than grand-children who were corrupt (not saying that this wo

Posted Images

personaly I don't care about Khomeini's granddaughter and her hijab but I am wondering why they force women in iran to wear hijab and tell us : don't go out of iran to study and we have so many good universities inside of iran and blah blah but when it is about their own kids they ignore their words?

Please learn the Definition of an Islamic State, then try to make a better statement.

(salam) 

Edited by TheIslamHistory
  • Advanced Member

Please learn the Definition of an Islamic State, then I try to make a better statement .

(salam) 

what do you mean? teach me if I haven't learned!

it is a shame to see his granddaughter like this...

and it is an Islamic state. people who have studied the quran and islam like they should have will agree with iran's ways. otherwise, I advise to study the life of Fatimah alzahra and then tell me what you think of iran's government.

thus, she looks like she has her ways mashallah and won't listen to anybody, I advise anyone who is against iran's rules should do the same.

wasalam :)

• Advanced Member

Their “own kids” have options and resources which may not be available to general Iranians like yourself. Besides, you should never trust a politician or people who make use of the religion for political purpose (and you have already given a perfect example (hijab) in your post).

At least their kids are smart enough to not buy into the propaganda of their “parents”.

what do you mean? teach me if I haven't learned!

your saying Why Women in Iran are Forced To wear Hijab? what kind of Question can be stated on a state that is following The Islamic Law.

If you were living in the time of the prophet (pbuh) would you Question the Prophet (pbuh) to Why Women are forced To wear Hijab In Madina? 

No I don't think So. When a State is Following the Islamic Law/Quran, you cannot say they are forced Entirely. And Whats A better when a Women Is Covered and Modest? or do you prefer Women to Riot in Iran for no Wearing Hijab? Which Will only lead To no conclusion.

Women In Iran Who follow the Islamic State/Quran, are not Forced thank you.

The only Women Who are So called "forced" are the ones Who Neglect Religion.

(salam) 

your saying Why Women in Iran are Forced To wear Hijab? what kind of Question can be stated on a state that is following The Islamic Law.

If you were living in the time of the prophet (pbuh) would you Question the Prophet (pbuh) to Why Women are forced To wear Hijab In Madina? 

No I don't think So. When a State is Following the Islamic Law/Quran, you cannot say they are forced Entirely. And Whats A better when a Women Is Covered and Modest? or do you prefer Women to Riot in Iran for no Wearing Hijab? Which Will only lead To no conclusion.

(salam) 

enough said.

• Advanced Member

(salam) 

lol....come on! as if you have never been in iran.

ofc I like to live in a country that women wear hijab but you know? I don't like to see women who pretend wearing hejab but they don't even believe in islam completely! 

I suggest you to read this thread:

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/235013472-obligation-of-hijab-in-iran-and-iranian-youths/

Edited by Golden-crowned
  • Advanced Member

who really cares. I don't see anything wrong with either of the photos. 

You would have cared if you are really a geek as per your username. How much money do you think photoshop artists in Iran makes per month? Seems like there's a great demand for them..since we keep hearing about photos being photoshopped all the time. Did you not remember the other time they mentioned that Ahmadinejad had some of his pictures photoshopped because it was found not up to the "Islamic standard".

a) iran is trying to make an Islamic state and is following the footsteps of the holy prophet (saw).

b )any woman who thinks she is 'forced' to wear hijab is obviously neglecting of the direct order of hijab in the quran and has misunderstandings of the veil thus should study her religion.

c) one should be grateful of the iran government protecting their women.  

Edited by PenOfTruth

ofc I like to live in a country that women wear hijab but you know? I don't like to see women who pretend wearing hejab but they don't even believe in islam completely! 

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/235013472-obligation-of-hijab-in-iran-and-iranian-youths/

true, but it isn't better to wear hijab then to not wear it, whether you understand it or not?

yes I have been to Iran.

And I know what your Talking about.

But When you live in an Islamic Society you don't want Women NOT wearing Hijab.

To prevent Fisq and Fas'aa'd.

• Advanced Member

Who cares what she wears because she is related to a man many see to be very religious? Did not Prophets and Imams have family even closer than grand-children who were corrupt (not saying that this woman is corrupt). What the hell man...

it is about that her mother photoshoped the picture otherwise nobody cares about her hijab. it is about a LIE!

• Advanced Member

ofc I like to live in a country that women wear hijab but you know? I don't like to see women who pretend wearing hejab but they don't believe in islam completely! 

I think a lot of people don't know or refuse to see that the Iranians are force to live under an Islamic "lifestyle" that they dont really approve of. The Mullahs and their supporters may like it but most of the Iranians dont.

It really goes back to what you asked in your first post. If Iran have such great universities then why are Iranians going out of Iran in droves to study. And if hejabs are being forced upon the Iranians, then why doesn't the family members of VIPs of Irans (like Khomeini's grand daughter) not buy into it? The key difference is merely that they have a choice and you guys don't. And who took that choice out of your hand?

• Veteran Member

for all those who agree on forcing 'religion' in iran,what about this statement?:' la ikraha fil deen'.

don't u people see the concequences of forcing something even on those who 'neglect religion'?

those, if not being forced the way they are in iran,they may become even more pious and religious than u and me... forcing only leads to aversion and reluctance..

• Advanced Member

it is about that her mother photoshoped the picture otherwise nobody cares about her hijab. it is about a LIE!

How is that a big deal either? Who cares if she did? What does this change? Nothing. Nothing is produced, nothing is reduced. The mother had reasons. The girl had reasons for wearing what she wears. Why can't we keep it at that and let them be... honestly these people aren't anything special for to have so much attention lol. Hakuna Matata... it means no worries. So don't worry. 

• Advanced Member

nobody really got the point of this thread.

I am wearing complete hijab and I do believe it but I don't like lie and pretending.

you guys think because in iran , women are forced to war hijab , there is no Fisq and fessad?

you know, I am so sorry to say that but people in iran have learned to hide their sins. they do every thing but hidden!

it is the result of forcing people with out educating them, it is a result of saying lie to them.

I think a lot of people don't know or refuse to see that the Iranians are force to live under an Islamic "lifestyle" that they dont really approve of. The Mullahs and their supporters may like it but most of the Iranians dont.

It really goes back to what you asked in your first post. If Iran have such great universities then why are Iranians going out of Iran in droves to study. And if hejabs are being forced upon the Iranians, then why doesn't the family members of VIPs of Irans (like Khomeini's grand daughter) not buy into it? The key difference is merely that they have a choice and you guys don't. And who took that choice out of your hand?

yes, it is exactly what I am saying. we want to have honest government . it is a real state of Islam.

if you believe in something, why you need to photoshop it?

• Advanced Member

I am wearing complete hijab and I do believe it but I don't like lie and pretending.

you guys think because in iran , women are forced to war hijab , there is no Fisq and fessad?

you know, I am so sorry to say that but people in iran have learned to hide their sins. they do every thing but hidden!

it is the result of forcing people with out educating them, it is a result of saying lie to them.

What hijab man? So many still have hair showing with some fabric on top. If they were really forcing hijab then they should not let women show any hair at all and no makeup. Just abayas. No heels either. 

• Advanced Member

Hakuna Matata...

lol. good one!

What hijab man? So many still have hair showing with some fabric on top. If they were really forcing hijab then they should not let women show any hair at all and no makeup. Just abayas. No heels either. 

look,  I am living in iran and i see people every day and I am in connection with so many students.

I see they are insulting hijab by wearing it in this silly way.  they don't believe in hijab , and what governments do to make them understood about purpose of hijab????

They say lie and photoshop their own kids' picture!

now tell me, if a young girl ask me: how come? they force us but they tell us lie! then what should I reply her?

Edited by Golden-crowned

yes, it is exactly what I am saying. we want to have honest government . it is a real state of Islam.

if you believe in something, why you need to photoshop it?

okay, let us say that iran did not force woman to wear hijab or do other sins, it will be exactly like in the west yes? and if forced, they will do the sins hidden- which one is better? not doing sins in public and forced to do things of islam- or not forced to do them and completely and not knowing what Islamic law is? 

on both cases, they people will not study religion, thus iran came with the closest acts to islam and as TheIslamicHistory stated, same with the prophet (saw) and his people in medina.

and you say that they are forced? I have been to iran, and you should see the skinny jeans and the half veiled hair- no they are not forced...

waslam :)

Edited by PenOfTruth
  • Veteran Member

have'nt you seen women in iran getting beaten and being humiliated just becuz their hijab is 'bad'?

Edited by Fatima NMA
  • Advanced Member

okay, let us say that iran did not force woman to wear hijab or do other sins, it will be exactly like in the west yes? and if forced, they will do the sins hidden- which one is better? not doing sins in public and forced to do things of islam- or not forced to do them and completely and not knowing what Islamic law is? 

on both cases, they people will not study religion, thus iran came with the closest acts to islam and as TheIslamicHistory stated, same with the prophet (saw) and his people in medina.

and you say that they are forced? I have been to iran, and you should see the skinny jeans and the half veiled hair- no they are not forced...

I do agree with this: on both cases, they people will not study religion

and I didn't say that not forcing them is a best way, I am saying being honest with them is the best thing

personally I have lost my trust to government because I have seen so many of them who PRETEND to be religious.

I have seen so many girls wearing chador but with lots of make up and with very cheap behavior because their father has been one of government. 

after 30 years , governments still dono how to teach Islam to people.

ofc when you don't believe in something, you can not teach it!

Edited by Golden-crowned
  • Veteran Member

in the west u see people converting to islam,in iran u see people leaving islam and all religions to atheism...

I do agree with this: on both cases, they people will not study religion

and I didn't say that not forcing them is a best way, I am saying being honest with them is the best thing

personally I have lost my trust to government because I have seen so many of them who PRETEND to be religious.

I have seen so many girls wearing chador but with lots of make up and with very cheap behavior because their father has been one of government. 

after 30 years , governments still dono how to teach Islam to people.

ofc when you don't believe in something, you can not teach it!

why? are there not lectures? are there not majalis? are their not scholars who preach islam in iran?

are there not parents who teach Islamic laws to their children?

this all exists; but like what is happening in the rest of the world; the woman and especially the youth are going through that stage where they listen to nobody and don't give time to study about islam.

the best the government can do is make them where the veil and other Islamic acts. because if left alone, they path of islam will be forgotten completely.

(sorry if talking rudely) 

in the west u see people converting to islam,in iran u see people leaving islam and all religions to atheism...

that is off-topic. iran has many religious people and many unreligious people. that is how it is in all countries.

Edited by PenOfTruth
  • Veteran Member

that is off-topic. iran has many religious people and many unreligious people. that is how it is in all countries.

not really off-topic,many really religious people in iran are leaving their 'deen' becuz of 'forcing',and the obvious' hypocrisy of 'some' in the regime...while in the west u see those people who are willing to learn and study islam and convert to it in huge numbers....now which one is better? ...no comparison..!

Edited by Fatima NMA
  • Advanced Member

why? are there not lectures? are there not majalis? are their not scholars who preach islam in iran?

are there not parents who teach Islamic laws to their children?

this all exists; but like what is happening in the rest of the world; the woman and especially the youth are going through that stage where they listen to nobody and don't give time to study about islam.

the best the government can do is make them where the veil and other Islamic acts. because if left alone, they path of islam will be forgotten completely.

(sorry of talking rudely)

you didn't talk rudely bro and I do understand what you are saying.

even i like to live in a society that when I leave my home with children and husband I see only covered women and it will be so difficult for me to live in the west  but what I am saying here is about "governments" who don't believe in what they are doing.

like it or not, iran is a country full of pretensions.

people think these mullas and lectures and scholars who talk about religion in majalis, most of them are not able to teach these things to their own kids.

I don't deny that we have so many religious people in iran , but  after more than 30 years claiming that we have a shia muslim country, you need to travel to big cities like Tehran, you will see that how much youth believe in state of Islam.

ُsomething is wrong with iran's revolution, somewhere we have dont a fault. I dono why but all I know is:

we are not able to teach iranian youth about real islam anymore!

Edited by Golden-crowned

not really off-topic,many really religious people in iran are leaving their 'deen' becuz of 'forcing',and the obvious' hypocrisy of 'some' in the regime...while in the west u see those people who are willing to learn and study islam and convert to it in huge numbers....now which one is better? ...no comparison..!

I see your point.. but what about in iran, don't they want to study their religion? the 'forcing' has no role in their will to study religion when they are wearing hijab just like in the west..

we are focusing that they are forced to wear hijab when they are not when you see what they wear.

you didn't talk rudely bro and I do understand what you are saying.

even i like to live in a society that when I leave my home with children and husband I see only covered women and it will be so difficult for me to live in the west  but what I am saying here is about "governments" who don't believe in what they are doing.

like it or not, iran is a country full of pretensions.

people think these mullas and lectures and scholars who talk about religion in majalis, most of them are not able to teach these things to their own kids.

I don't deny that we have so many religious people in iran , but  after more than 30 years claiming that we have a shia muslim country, you need to travel to big cities like Tehran, you will see that how much youth believe in state of Islam.

ُsomething is wrong with iran's revolution, somewhere we have dont a fault. I dono why but all I know is:

we are not able to teach iranian youth about real islam anymore!

exactly, we need female speakers and program .. but I am still with the Iranian gov. because they leave Islamic laws paths between the unreligious people.  

but, if the youth and women want to, they will benefit from the scholars.

• Veteran Member

I see your point.. but what about in iran, don't they want to study their religion? the 'forcing' has no role in their will to study religion when they are wearing hijab just like in the west..

we are focusing that they are forced to wear hijab when they are not when you see what they wear.

i said that above and will say it again,forcing doesn't necessarily mean putting veils on the heads of women or whatsoever... when 'they' punish those women that ur talking about for what they are wearing,isn't that worse than anything else? it isn't a human behavior at all..!ok they've put that law of 'HIJAB' but why that way of punishing and humiliating others for just being 'different' in beliefs and practices?i don't think in the prophet days he (saaw) used to kick and beat and humiliate those who didn't have hijab on..come on..

peace..

Edited by Fatima NMA
  • Advanced Member

it is not only about forcing , and it is not only about forcing hijab. governments force many things to youth ( and I do believe that they have right to do it ) but in other hand they are not able to convince youth people. but why?

because people have gradually understood that governments don't really believe in what they are doing.

I am telling you that people have lost their trust to religious people.

for example- I talk about myself: I am a lecture in a university and it is obvious that as a lady I am religious and I wear complete hijab, but if I just try to talk about religious things in class, students will think that I am doing it or i am wearing hijab because I want to grow up in education system, they think that I don't really believe in hijab but i am forced because I have to keep my job in university and i want to go higher and higher in my job. they think so because they have lost their trust.

as a religious person when i see someone is wearing a hijab I don't understand that it is because of force or she really believe in it?!!!

it is my question: why they are not able to teach youth about hijab instead of forcing them?

Edited by Golden-crowned

What an unfair world. Millions starve to death, billion men got no degrees, and this over-priveledged grand daughter of Khomeini has enough money to study in Canada for 4 years (cost of living and fees) without doing proper hijab. She doesn't even look like Khomeini.

it is not only about forcing , and it is not only about forcing hijab. governments force many things to youth ( and I do believe that they have right to do it ) but in other hand they are not able to convince youth people. but why?

because people have gradually understood that governments don't really believe in what they are doing.

I am telling you that people have lost their trust to religious people.

for example- I talk about myself: I am a lecture in a university and it is obvious that as a lady I am religious and I wear complete hijab, but if I just try to talk about religious things in class, students will think that I am doing it or i am wearing hijab because I want to grow up in education system, they think that I don't really believe in hijab but i am forced because I have to keep my job in university and i want to go higher and higher in my job. they think so because they have lost their trust.

as a religious person when i see someone is wearing a hijab I don't understand that it is because of force or she really believe in it?!!!

it is my question: why they are not able to teach youth about hijab instead of forcing them?

how are they not teaching hijab? and they are not forcing them, they are advising them, if they were forcing them, you wouldn't see the skinny jeans and the hair showing.

i said that above and will say it again,forcing doesn't necessarily mean putting veils on the heads of women or whatsoever... when 'they' punish those women that ur talking about for what they are wearing,isn't that worse than anything else? it isn't a human behavior at all..!ok they've put that law of 'HIJAB' but why that way of punishing and humiliating others for just being 'different' in beliefs and practices?i don't think in the prophet days he (saaw) used to kick and beat and humiliate those who didn't have hijab on..come on..

peace..

when did they ever beat and humiliate unveiled women?

• Advanced Member

how are they not teaching hijab? and they are not forcing them, they are advising them, if they were forcing them, you wouldn't see the skinny jeans and the hair showing.

I am sorry bro , maybe I made u confused. I didn't mean they don't teach about hijab. ofc they do. but they are not able to convince youth because in the same time their own kids and even their own wives don't wear hijab or pretend to be hijabi in public but they don't wear it in their own majalis. young girls and boys don't listen to their teachings anymore. as I said they have lost their trust.

• Veteran Member

PenOfTruth, what do u mean by when?

it happens all the time..mostly in Tehran,of course not Every unveiled woman,just those who "they" see as 'improper'.

and only those who live here witness and hear about these actions done by 'Gashte ershad'(their chadori women,btw, are even worse and more mean than their men!)

Edited by Fatima NMA