Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Do We Know Who The Prophets Were For Every Time...

Rate this topic

There were 125,000 prophets sent by God...If only I had been lucky enough to live in a time where there was even one...

There were 125,000 prophets sent by God...If only I had been lucky enough to live in a time where there was even one...

i think it is 124,000

• Advanced Member

Assalamu Alaykum,

In the Qur'an Allah, The Exalted, says in Surah Nisa' (4) Verse Number 164 that He sent revelation ''to other messengers We have already mentioned to you, and also to some We have not'' [i.e. mentioned to you]. {M.A.S. Abdel Haleem Translation}

My understanding from this is that we have not been told about all the prophets and so we would not know who was the prophet for each time or if there was a prophet for each time.

Also in Surah Ra'd (13) Verse Number 38 Allah, The Exalted says "We sent messengers before you and gave them wives and offspring; no messenger was given the power to produce a miracle except with God's permission. There was a scripture for every age: God erases or confirms whatever He will, and the source of Scripture is with Him."

According to the translator M.A.S. Abdel Haleem "There was a scripture for every age"  in the verse above is also interpreted as "There is a time decreed for everything"

Wassalam

Walking around and I can go and talk to them? It's smart aleck comments like these which shame me in the status of Muslims in the world today instead of showing sincerity

what do you want to talk to them about? 

are you looking for certainty(yaqeen)? 

if they were around and you found the light through them, you would still have to face other trials and tribulations that would have been maybe even more difficult 

remember if God brings prophets , God also brings forth something to balance this such as a tyrannt, so that the choice of good and evil is always present, so that influence is not one sided and truly by choice a person comes to God 

what do you want to talk to them about?

are you looking for certainty(yaqeen)?

if they were around and you found the light through them, you would still have to face other trials and tribulations that would have been maybe even more difficult

remember if God brings prophets , God also brings forth something to balance this such as a tyrannt, so that the choice of good and evil is always present, so that influence is not one sided and truly by choice a person comes to God

First of all don't assume anything. I would want to talk to them because they are a Priphet of God and I would be able to gain wisdom from them. Also they are the most righteous and I want to be around those who are righteous.

• Advanced Member

First of all don't assume anything. I would want to talk to them because they are a Priphet of God and I would be able to gain wisdom from them. Also they are the most righteous and I want to be around those who are righteous.

Well don't worry, their is still possibility you can speak to Prophet Jesus (as) and Imam Mahdi (a) once they appear. Possibly even Prophet (?) Ghidr!