Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Fateh Submarine Ready To Be Launched

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

With reduced size of a submarine comes reduced range and reduced combat time as the vessel can't haul enough fuel, ration for crews and torpedoes. When USA entered the second world war, Germany soon responded with a naval attack on US shipping lanes in the form of operation drumbeat. The best submarine of its time, the German type VII weighed a little over 1000 tonnes, but these u boats could not participate in the operation due to being small and unable to reach the east coast of US, which was out of their range even with refuel / resupply "milkcow" submarines stationed in the middle of Atlantic for the op. So instead all boats in this op were the much larger type IX class.

I hope these Iranian subs can reach the Mediterranean.

• Veteran Member

With reduced size of a submarine comes reduced range and reduced combat time as the vessel can't haul enough fuel, ration for crews and torpedoes. When USA entered the second world war, Germany soon responded with a naval attack on US shipping lanes in the form of operation drumbeat. The best submarine of its time, the German type VII weighed a little over 1000 tonnes, but these u boats could not participate in the operation due to being small and unable to reach the east coast of US, which was out of their range even with refuel / resupply "milkcow" submarines stationed in the middle of Atlantic for the op. So instead all boats in this op were the much larger type IX class.

I hope these Iranian subs can reach the Mediterranean.

I doubt that these subs are meant for blue-water capabilities.

They are defensive weapons. Besides, they don't need to be off the US's Atlantic coast to attack American shipping. Blocking the Strait of Hormuz is devastating enough.

• Veteran Member

Because her enemies are ways stronger than her. But no one would dare attacking a nuclear-armed country (see North Korea).

Iran has conventional deterrence

Nuclear weapons are against shar'iah

DPRK is safe not only for its nuclear weapons. And in fact, it is even doubted that they possess such weapons. The only time they perform tests, is underground. So no test has been recorded by satellite or seen by anyone outside the country. They like to let everyone THINK they have the bomb, but there is nothing concrete to prove it. Anyway, I digress...

No one would dare attacking DPRK because it is a strong nation with a strong people. No one wants to be at war with DPRK because each Korean they kill would be a challenge. Because the people of the DPRK have been raised since birth to long for reunification of their homeland, and have no qualms about giving their lives to do so. That's why. Their nuclear capabilities -- if they even have such capabilities -- are minimal. Less than any nuclear power in the world.

Iran's enemies may have more strength in logistical terms and in terms of sheer firepower. But this is not Pokemon cards we're talking about. This is war. There are a trillion factors to consider. The most important factor here is the intention of each side: Iran's intention is to defend itself from foreign aggression. The intention of its enemies is to impose their will upon Iran. Thus, Iran's enemies are at an immediate disadvantage. For example, the United States cannot breathe if for one second there is not a USN carrier fleet in every square inch of the world. But for Iran, even the very possession of an aircraft carrier makes no sense. That's an offensive weapon, or at the very least a weapon meant to project a country's power in distant lands. That is not Iran's intention.

But as I was saying, Iran has conventional deterrence. There is no need to introduce the horrific, anti-Islamic element of nuclear weapons. This stance has been clear.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Veteran Member

Speaking of submarines, the K-550 Alexander Nevskiy [named for Saint Alexander Nevskiy] was tested on the sixteenth in Архáнгельск. It is a SSBN Borei Class Nuclear-Powered submarine, the first class to be developed in Russia since the dissolution of the Soviet Union.

The tests have long been delayed for several reasons since it's initial desired date of launch in 2009. It's main weapon is the Bulava SLBM missile. It carries up to twenty such missiles. Each such missile weighs 36.8 metric tonnes, is 12.1 metres long and 2.1 metres in diameter. It also carries six SS-N-15 anti-ship missiles with a range of forty five kilometres, capable of being fitted with 20kt warhead or a type 40 torpedo.

Such is a condensed account of my source, I knowing nothing at all previously about submarines. The article I originally heard about it from was interested in it principally for religious considerations.

65_full.jpg

Fleet priest hieromonk Veniamin (Kovtun) attended tests of underwater atomic submarine Alexander Nevsky.

“Prayer services were held at the rocket deck every day. Sailors asked the Lord that He helps the crew to deal with this complicated task. Everything that depended on people were excellently fulfilled, the crew worked perfectly,” press service of the Arkhangelsk Diocese quoted Fr. Veniamin as saying.

The priest baptised an officer at the deck of the submarine.

According to him, many people underestimate the importance of forming Christian world outlook among officers, though it is “a very important way of recovering moral and psycological climate.”

“It is very important to back up the crew when they go out to the sea as they deal with tasks of state importance. All actions of the crew are perfectly coordinated during ordinary trips. Here we check all working regimens of the submarine, including extreme ones: at the hundred per cent capacity, in full operation. If you’re mistaken for two-three degrees, the boat will rush into the bottom. It’s real extreme,” the priest said.

Edited by Servidor
  • Veteran Member

Russians are the second best nation when it comes to submarines' technology. Germany still being the best. ^^

U995_2004_1.jpg

This is the German type VII-C from WWII. Give me a good crew of crazies like myself and that u-boat in proper order and I'll sink the US carrier in the mediterranean, anything that floats. Guaranteed.