Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Wisdom Lion

People Who Pray Like Racing Cars

Rate this topic

Why do some people pray extremely fast to where they wouldnt even be able to pronounce correctly or in an extremely fast manner. I feel like the way I pray is the most perfect way. I say the sura's in normal fashion. And I've seen some people when they go to sajdegah they get up extremely quickly...and these are adult Shia's at the imam baragha i'm referring too.

6 - `Ali b. Ibrahim from his father (Ibrahim b. Hashim) from Ibn Abi `Umayr from `Umar b. Udhayna from Zurara (b. A’yan) from Abi Ja`far (as) who said: While the Messenger of Allah (pbuh)was sitting in the Masjid one day, a man came and stood to pray, so he (i.e. the man) did not give attention to his Ruku nor Sujud (in his haste), so he (pbuh) said: He pecks like the pecking of the crow (up and down – raising and falling rapidly) but if he were to die now and this is the state of his prayer he would have died on a religion other than mine (i.e. what is not my religion – foreign to me). (translation by macisaac)

http://www.shiachat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/235002414-the-importance-of-salah/

Guest LadyNadine

I was just thinking the same thing today. I don't understand it. I personal don't think it count. That is just me. Allah Alum.

Guest MashAllah

Why do some people pray extremely fast to where they wouldnt even be able to pronounce correctly or in an extremely fast manner. I feel like the way I pray is the most perfect way. I say the sura's in normal fashion. And I've seen some people when they go to sajdegah they get up extremely quickly...and these are adult Shia's at the imam baragha i'm referring too.

Exactly, I've always wondered the same thing. There would be times where i stood beside a person and we both began our salat at the same time, but within one minute i see their already in ruku, subhanAllah, i mean how did they recite surah fatiha and ikhlas so quick and even in Congregational prayer, they are ahead of the imam who is leading the prayer, before he says Allahu Akbar some are already in ruku,  Its so sad how their are some people out there that take there salats so lightly and in such a rush. some of them don't even recite tasbeeh and fold there mats and of they go. 

I think those who do that don't take it seriously but something they're trying to get out the way. It says a lot about a person that is sure.

exactly, it all adds up to how they pray.

fourth imam (as) says that when you pray, you are arriving at the threshold of Allah swt.

And imam ali (as) used to be asked before prayer "why is your face pale?" he said " because im going to meet my lord"

prayer is absolutely very important, I guess we should try to spread this around as much as we can to anyone we can get to.

wasalam :)

I believe it is because of how they learn it from a young age. My friend's younger cousin (13 years of age) was walking with us one evening and we had to pray Maghrib. The young lad started praying before us; he rushed his Wudu' and went to pray. We entered the mosque and he was already in the second Rika'. It usually takes him no longer than 2-2.5 minutes. I always tell him to take it slow but he does not listen. My friend is not as quick as his young cousin but it is still fast.

There are times when you have to take small breaks when you are performing some actions in Salat and if you don't do those then the Pray becomes invalid. The most prominent one is after you get up from Ruku, stand up and wait a little bit before going to sajood.

Also, each action in Prayer needs to be performed completely before initiating the next action. For example, at times we get up from first sajood and then quickly go to the next one right away without completing the requirement for the first sajood. 

You have just destroyed the principle of Amr Bil Maaroof and Nahi anil Munkar. Congratulations.

i apologize if my initial post wasn't clear

nobody said you can't enjoin good and forbid evil my friend

the proper way to do it is to let the imams speak (in other words, quote ahadith about the subject as a brother already did, and let the person know that what they're doing is condemned by Allah)

the improper way is to judge people and assume to know what's in their hearts. Only God knows what's in people's hearts

​As one brother already mentioned, even the infallible imams (as) would go pale during salah. i wonder if any of us has reached such a stage, and if not, then why are we sitting here thinking about how others don't feel God's presence?????

we should worry about ourselves in the eyes of Allah, and not assume we know what's in people's hearts!!!!! and we should enjoin good and forbid evil for his sake alone

take care

Edited by 14infallibles

the proper way to do it is to let the imams speak (in other words, quote ahadith about the subject as a brother already did, and let the person know that what they're doing is condemned by Allah)

the improper way is to judge people and assume to know what's in their hearts. Only God knows what's in people's hearts

​As one brother already mentioned, even the infallible imams (as) would go pale during salah. i wonder if any of us has reached such a stage, and if not, then why are we sitting here thinking about how others don't feel God's presence?????

we should worry about ourselves in the eyes of Allah, and not assume we know what's in people's hearts!!!!! and we should enjoin good and forbid evil for his sake alone

take care

I don't think the OP did anything bad either. He cares, not criticizes. Didn't Imams Hasan and Hussein AS care about the old man who didn't know the way to do wudhu?

I don't think the OP did anything bad either. He cares, not criticizes. Didn't Imams Hasan and Hussein AS care about the old man who didn't know the way to do wudhu?

What i said applies in general i didnt have the OP or anybody specific in mind when talking

anyways sorry for derailing the thread 

au revoir

What you said is probably one of the best proofs of Satan. When it comes to prayer unlike any other thing, we just don't feel like it. We need some neurophysiologic science about this.

​As one brother already mentioned, even the infallible imams (as) would go pale during salah. i wonder if any of us has reached such a stage, and if not, then why are we sitting here thinking about how others don't feel God's presence?????

take care

Of course it's improper to assume what is in someone's heart but when they are praying like a speed demon that speaks for itself. The truest of Momin's are those who will pray namaz correctly though that doesn't mean everybody who does so is a Momin's, but every Momin will do so! If someone considers himself a true Momin he should fix that which he does wrong or inoccorecfly because this life is about making corrections to in ourselves, the things we do based off of Hadith like you said and most importantly the Quran.

If someone is praying extremely fast it's not wrong for anyone to think or say that person is doing something wrong because it is wrong