Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
sm9658

Enjoining What Is Good & Forbidding What Is Wrong?

Rate this topic

For some reason i feel like, especially in Arab families, that a lot of people gossip, behind your back about things that may be cultural and not religious, or things that have no purpose in discussing at all. What kind of things would be considered "forbidding what is evil?" And in the case of telling someone what they are doing wrong aren't you suppose to be telling the person your opinion on what they are doing wrong in private so as to not embarrass a person infront of everyone?

Basically my point is, what is the stance on dealing with family members who gossip about people and etc.

I find it very hard to be around some of them because they some are not very nice in my honest opinion.

Is it okay to discuss a matter of someone's life while they are not present? This would be gossiping wouldn't it? Is someone required to be taking advice from someone who is "forbidding evil" if they gossip and such behind someone's back?

Edited by summer9658

yes, I have realized also that it is starting to become a habit.

it is not of the Islamic morals or the prophet (saw) and imams at all.

the fourth imam (as) says that the your ear is the doorway to your heart and various concept reach the heart whether good or evil.

-I advise to stay away from them as much as possible and to never pick the useless habit of theirs.

same imam says to  not use the tongue it except in situations of needs and benefits of the religion. and to consider it  too noble for obscenity.

- as in consider to noble to gossip.

if they are open minded people tell them your opinion, if not stay away from them.

if they do gheeba,  please tell me and I will make it clear what to do.

wasalam :)

Edited by PenOfTruth

When people get stuck inside four walls, without any form of education, intellectual outlet, conversations revolve around gossiping. In these types of families, both adult genders are to blame. Those who gossip are generally bored and frustrated. A prolong lifestyle like this, institutionalizes mode of thinking and behavior, and gossip becomes the norm. Give them a task or question them about different topics. Two possible responses, they will try and answer or gossip about you, but it will stem from their own fears of not knowing how to educate them selves. 

But you will never learn this from the mosques or schools or tv.. . We cant have smart people walking the earth.

Edited by D3v1L