Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Modest Muslim

Khamenei Or Sistani?

Rate this topic

(salam)

I was first in taqlid of Ayatollah Khamenei but later I replaced him with Ayatollah Sistani. I think I am in his taqlid now.

Reasons:

1) Ayatollah Sistani is more knowledgeable than Ayatollah Khamenei. I came to this conclusion after visiting their websites. Ayatollah Sistani has solved more modern problems as compared to those solved by Ayatollah Khamenei. There are many examples:

A. Adoption

B. Gelatin

C. Purity of People of the Book

D. Brain death

E. Contraception

2) Ayatollah Khamenei is unaware of some religious affairs like he believes its halal to play chess. I myself asked him whether I can play chess or not and I was replied:

If the mukallaf recognizes that nowadays chess is no longer a gambling instrument, there is no problem in playing it without betting.

However, Ayatollah Sistani deems it haram to play chess.

These points made me convert from Khamenei-ism to Sistani-ism. What do you all say?

Edited by Modest Muslim

However, Ayatollah Sistani deems it haram to play chess.

If the mukallaf recognizes that nowadays chess is no longer a gambling instrument, there is no problem in playing it without betting.

The view of Ayatollah Khamenei is correct, there is no element of gambling in chess, why should it ever be declared Haram?

However you are right on other modern sciences, perhaps Ayatollah Khamenei does not have the time to engage all these issues not that he does not have knowledge.

If you wish to be the muqallid of Ayatollah Sistani, have you read about his views on Jamal war? You are a Sahaba lover, so it will be difficult to follow.

u forgot to mention that khamenei doesn't even have a risala of his own.

Says whom ? did you visit his website?

Edited by Ebn Tie me yeah

to become a mujtahid,he'd have to publish a risala (dissertation),which he hasn't,and receive a public endorsement by at least one grand ayatullah,which he also hasn't.though he has a website,and books written by him,and Q and A books...

besides,most of the fatwas that he has are those of sayed khomeini.

Edited by Fatima NMA

I am sort of a hybrid sistani-khamenei follower- As I am Iraqi but also love the Iranian revolution :)

The main reason I also follower khamenei came after the 2006 Lebanon War, and my family began to deem Sayyid Hassan Nasrallah as (almost !) infallible, so we sorta follow whoever Hezbollah follow, while also keeping to our roots :D .

I think that many people choose not to follow khamenei or sistani as they have a preference for a political or non political leader.

Both are geniuses, both are enlightened individuals too

It doesn't really matter who you follow, as long as you don't go down with binbaz and co :lol:

Just because Sayed Ali Al Khamenei Allowed chess, it does not mean he is not knowledgeable my dear brother, You can't judge a person on Rulings you would have to know Why he banned it, or allowed it from their perspective before you gon into judgement , There are Fatwas from Sayed Sistani and Sayed Khamenei Which differ, So non- the less your judgement is not Absolute. At the end its your choice, they are both great leaders and Ulma. Making a judge between them is like trying to judge between two suns that are exactly the same.

(salam)  

Edited by TheIslamHistory

Ayatullah Ali sistani can not give his political fatawas independently because of the situation of iraq,how ever Ayatullah Ali khamenei is independent in his fatawas.
He also have more administrative capabilities in political manners because of his previous experience in iran.

I mean look at his speech in the united nation,when he was president.it is a piece of islamic art.

btw why we always have to compare them?

Edited by AnaAmmar1

Ayatullah Ali sistani can not give his political fatawas independently because of the situation of iraq,how ever Ayatullah Ali khamenei is independent in his fatawas.

He also have more administrative capabilities in political manners because of his previous experience in iran.

I mean look at his speech in the united nation,when he was president.it is a piece of islamic art.

Agreed, I think both have a Role for the Shia Society. Subhanallah, you see how Allah makes Leader for each Specific role that benefits the people (us) of their time.

Alhamdoellah 

I have switched my taqleed to Ayatullah Khamenie just today... the primary reason that I want my khums money to go to someone who is having a huge impact on the world in terms of fighting the enemy. Iran needs all the help and support during this time as the enemies are circling in. Ayatullah Sistani as you've said is somewhat trapped/constrained in his actions, whereas Khamenie is not.

I have faced several issues with Ayatullah Sistani - I am unable to get in touch with anyone, sometimes no one will reply to emails. I have no idea what is being done with my khums money. There is no media team, there is no real communication with his followers, website is outdated many times, I have really no idea what is going on. Although i've met Ayatullah Sistani in person and his presence shook me to the core, I think it's important to find a Mujtahid that is actively playing a major role in the world, not just focusing on fiqh issues. If Ayatullah Sistani is involved in such (political) matters, please share them with me as they are not in my knowledge. What is he doing to fight the enemy?

+1

I think that most of their opinions are the same or, at least, very similar. In a specific subject, A. Sistani may have a more correct fatwa while in another subject, A. Khamenei's fatwa may be more accurate and close to the fact.

Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name of Allah, The All Compassionate, The All Merciful. As salaamu alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh; The peace be upon you, and The Mercy of Allah and HIS Blessings.

It appears that they both have something important to say. Why compare them?

The Office of The Supreme Leader Sayyid Ali Khamenei

The Official Web Site Of Grand Ayatollah al-Uzma Seyyid Ali al-Sistani

Wassalaam.   Faithfully999