Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Crisbernie

Hello From Non Muslim

Hello everyone . I've been reading around here for a while and I thought it time

to introduce myself. I am a catholic living in the west trying to learn about

Islam and the different sects . I must say most people around here are open to

questions about Islam without getting too defensive.

I believe we all Honour the same God( Allah) but do so in different ways and should

not be at war with one another because of our beliefs .

I look forward to learn from and contribute to this forum. Thanks.

Hi I am a Sunni Muslim by the way. I will try to represent the Sunni perspective as this is obviously a Shiite forum. I would also like to mention that Saudi Arabia (the homeland and holiest place of Islam) is a Sunni country. Have a nice day

Edited by Yushaa

Hello everyone . I've been reading around here for a while and I thought it time

I believe we all Honour the same God( Allah) but do so in different ways and should

Hello there...

Edited by Fatima NMA

Hi I am a Sunni Muslim by the way. I will try to represent the Sunni perspective as this is obviously a Shiite forum. I would also like to mention that Saudi Arabia (the homeland and holiest place of Islam) is a Sunni country. Have a nice day

no.

it is wahabi/salafi nasibi

Asalam Alykum,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you find what you are looking for. You will find that Shia itself is called a sect but we actually say it is the right path as per the instructions of Prophet Muhammed (Peace be upon him). As our friend Yushaa clearly pointed out Saudi Arabia is a Sunni country. You might look back and note that it wasn´t Sunni when the Prophet Muhammed (Peace be upon him) was there rather it used to be a Muslim country. It is good to learn Arabic and geography as well because the Prophet (Peace be upon him) did not change the country´s name to Saudi Arabia rather it was Arabia. I am a Muslim, I am learning Arabic at the moment and my tutor is of Sunni school of thought. You will find many people will advice to you learn Syrian or Egyptian Arabic as that will be closer to Quranic Arabic than Saudi Arabic (I use eaalim.com). My final point to ponder is that no matter who you are or where you are, only God can judge you so be pleased that he has granted you an open mind to conduct research. 

May God help and guide us all.

Ma´Salam

welcome

Here we are very open minded so feel free to ask, and hopefully we can come to a Consensus :)

calm down..

salaam Alaykom (Means God willing, be healthy, protected and bests for you!)

Welcome!!! Good for pople around here that you have found them opnen minded.

Yes, you hit the high pionts! We both honour the same God, but in different ways. The reason is that we believe Islam has been introduces after christiatiny, followeing that religion. But the point is that Allah has send Islam as the final ultimate religion to be practiced. Therefore, we should obey him. Besides this, unfortunately the christanity, these days is not the pure one wich was introduced by Jusis (Allah's Peace be Upon Him).

Look at the bright side, we are not fighting, we are just inviting people. Muslims are inviting people to practice Islam for their own good, and christians are doing the same so. The reason for inviting, as I mentioned above, is that we believe the "right" journey to God, is through islam. Because This is the most perfect, ulatimate, final religion which can been followed these days. Christianity ( in its right form, not the deviated one) is highly honoured in Islam . We highly honoure Phrophet Isa (Jesus)  (Allah's Peace be Upon Him) and his mother (Allah's Peace be Upon Her), actually we recite our prays upon them!

All in all, I hope you have great times here sharing the ideas with Shia Muslims.

Have a blessed one!

Salam Alekum, 

For more information, you can check out the youtube channel migration313.

Lessons in the basic tenants of Islam in English

http://youtube.com/migration313

Edited by Abu Hadi

(salam)

As Asmaa said the above-mentioned Arabic words are  representing the Islamic greeting when starting a conversation and it is derived from one of our Lord's names" Salam" which means peace.

I surly agree with this idea and it is noticeable that this is exactly what Quran recommended us as Muslims to consider as a first step to talk to people like you who belong to the other religions(i.e.Christianity ,Judaism , etc):

Say," O People of the Book! Come to a word common between us and you: that we will worship no one but Allah, and that we will not ascribe any partner to Him, and that we will not take each other as lords besides Alla  (3:64)

no.

it is wahabi/salafi nasibi

Apart from the deep historic theological argument between sunni and shia , it is not acceptable for a true shia to impute such an offensive adjective(i.e.nasibi) to whole country which refers automatically to all of it's residents,

Allah swt says :

O you who have faith! Be maintainers, as witnesses for the sake of Allah, of justice, and ill feeling for a people should never lead you to be unfair. Be fair; that is nearer to God wariness, and be wary of Allah. Allah is indeed well aware of what you do(5:8)

يَأَيهَُّا الَّذِينَ ءَامَنُواْ كُونُواْ قَوَّامِينَ لِلَّهِ شهَُدَاءَ بِالْقِسْطِ  وَ لَا يَجْرِمَنَّكُمْ شَنََانُ قَوْمٍ عَلىَ أَلَّا تَعْدِلُواْ  اعْدِلُواْ هُوَ أَقْرَبُ لِلتَّقْوَى‏  وَ اتَّقُواْ اللَّهَ  إِنَّ اللَّهَ خَبِيرُ  بِمَا تَعْمَلُون

How did you know that all of the people there are nasibi or even wahabi?

We as Muslims are directed to talk based on knowledge not our emotions.

Do not be mistaken ; I absolutely love shia and I am pretty proud of what I have chosen as the right path but we have learned from our Imams come over falsehood(i.e.Batil) by reasonable reactions