Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Righteous

Signficane Of 12

Rate this topic

I am sure someone has written about it somewhere, but I have not been able to find it.

Moses (AS) had 12 tribes

Jesus (AS) had 12 apostles

and Mohammad (SAWW) has 12 Imams to follow after him.

Is there a significance/connection to this.

Will appreciate some educated friend here share.

Musa (as) did not have 12 tribes.  Jacob/Israel had 12 tribes.

Isa (as) did not have 12 apostles.  He had 13 (including Matthias who was added after Judas died).

There is a disagreement on whether Muhammad (pbuh) had 12 Imams or another number.  

Personally, I would not give any significance to the use of 12 in Judeo/Christian lore.  If we were to go by that standard, 7 Imams seems far more reasonable.

Nabi Isa  (as) did have 12 apostles (excluding Judas who isn't considered to be a true follower of Nabi Isa (as)) His mother Sayedda Mariam (as) also followed him to my knowledge.

Nabi Musa (as)  had the 12 tribes of Israel following him along with Nabi Harun (as).

Nabi Yaqoub (as) had 12 sons not 12 tribes yet.

Nabi Muhammad (pbuh) had the 12 Imams  (as) after him along with Sayedda Fatima (as).

There was always 14.

Nabi Isa  (as) did have 12 apostles (excluding Judas who isn't considered to be a true follower of Nabi Isa (as)) His mother Sayedda Mariam (as) also followed him to my knowledge.

Nabi Musa (as)  had the 12 tribes of Israel following him along with Nabi Harun (as).

Nabi Yaqoub (as) had 12 sons not 12 tribes yet.

Nabi Muhammad (pbuh) had the 12 Imams  (as) after him along with Sayedda Fatima (as).

There was always 14.

In some Apocryphal narrations (such as the Gospel of Judas) it is recorded that Jesus (as) actually ordered Judas to betray him.  So how do you know he wasn't a true follower?  He might have been the best one of them all because he followed the most horrible order that a Prophet could give.

Jacob's (as) sons were the tribes.  The tribes were named after them and their children formed the people of the tribes.

As for Musa (as), the 12 tribes didn't do a very good job of following him.  They were worshipping a golden cow and made him wander in the desert for 40 years before God finally allowed them to enter Israel.  I wouldn't consider them to be very good followers at all.  

Kitab Sulaym b. Qays says that there would be 13 Imams after the Prophet Muhammad (saw) so Imam Mahdi must have had a son.  (Sarcasm, by the way.  I don't actually believe that.  I'm making fun of people who use Kitab Sulaym b. Qays to say that there would be 12 Imams since the same book says there would be 13 as well.)

In some Apocryphal narrations (such as the Gospel of Judas) it is recorded that Jesus (as) actually ordered Judas to betray him.  So how do you know he wasn't a true follower?  He might have been the best one of them all because he followed the most horrible order that a Prophet could give.

Jacob's (as) sons were the tribes.  The tribes were named after them and their children formed the people of the tribes.

As for Musa (as), the 12 tribes didn't do a very good job of following him.  They were worshipping a golden cow and made him wander in the desert for 40 years before God finally allowed them to enter Israel.  I wouldn't consider them to be very good followers at all.  

Kitab Sulaym b. Qays says that there would be 13 Imams after the Prophet Muhammad (saw) so Imam Mahdi must have had a son.  (Sarcasm, by the way.  I don't actually believe that.  I'm making fun of people who use Kitab Sulaym b. Qays to say that there would be 12 Imams since the same book says there would be 13 as well.)

True about Nabi Isa  (as) but I'm referring to it from a Muslim background.

And I Know that Yaqubs (as) sons became the 12 tribes but during his time they were just his sons and grandchildren.

And yeah the majority of the 12 tribes followed the sumerian to worship the Ijal. Never said that they truely followed Nabi Musa (as) just that they followed him.

Haha the sarcasm :P

Plus all books can have people who add things except for the Noble Quran. 

Nabi Ismael (as) also had 12 sons if I am correct?