Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

I'm A Sunni Now!

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

I'm not converting. Got my spirit up so yeah, gonna taqiyyah all the way. I pray like the Sunnis but I read Shia stuff in my prayers. (ending al-Fatihah with Alhamdulillahi rabbil-alamin, saying Bihau lilla wa quwatihu a'qumu wa a'qud,etc..)

I got enrolled in councelling because of this, not sure if I want to say anything. Even the counciler is biased saying the Shias worship Imam Ali (as)

InshAllah you will be safe... taqiyyah has its purpose so use it and be safe. Don't give anyone a reason to hurt you. Intentions. Intentions is everything in Islam. Whether your hands are up or down... nothing matter as long as you know where the truth is and what intentions you have.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

:cry: We told you to do Taqiyyaa :(   Stay Strong Brother. As long as the truth is in your heart, and you are in taqiyya, Allah knows. You, all of Malaysia, and mankind will always be in my prayers.  

Huh~ Thanks guys, I know what I said on the post.. Ignore it. I got a little bit of Ahlul-Bayt love left inside. Looks like my extreme taqiyyah is about to start. Age 15 all the way until I can settle

Allah* is with you... 'Do not be sad [or afraid], surely Allah is with us.' {Qur'an 9:40} :P

• Advanced Member

I'm not converting. Got my spirit up so yeah, gonna taqiyyah all the way. I pray like the Sunnis but I read Shia stuff in my prayers. (ending al-Fatihah with Alhamdulillahi rabbil-alamin, saying Bihau lilla wa quwatihu a'qumu wa a'qud,etc..)

I got enrolled in councelling because of this, not sure if I want to say anything. Even the counciler is biased saying the Shias worship Imam Ali (as)

Aren't your parents/friends interested in this alternation of your faith? Don't they wanna know why you changed your creed? Don't they ask you to return to the 'real' Islam? If not then there's no need for you to expose yourself publicly as a Shia Muslim because nobody's interested in any kind of conversation with you.

• Advanced Member

Aren't your parents/friends interested in this alternation of your faith? Don't they wanna know why you changed your creed? Don't they ask you to return to the 'real' Islam? If not then there's no need for you to expose yourself publicly as a Shia Muslim because nobody's interested in any kind of conversation with you.

They are interested in conversation. But sometimes, they feel like they're Dr. Zakir Naik. The only person speaking and ignoring the other person's points.

I explained the basic stuff like how to pray, why Aliyun Waliullah exists, why we do Tatbir. They're just having a hard time understanding all this. I was like them back then, a hardline Sunni. Heck, I said to myself a year ago "If I fail at everything in Malaysia, I'm gonna learn Arabic and join the FSA!" I, too, was ignorant of the Shia's.

I keep telling the people "Study these things yourselves. Don't listen to the biased Ulamas!" But Malaysians aren't used to new things. So it is going to take time informing them about the madhab of Ahlul-Bayt (as)

They are interested in conversation. But sometimes, they feel like they're Dr. Zakir Naik. The only person speaking and ignoring the other person's points.

I explained the basic stuff like how to pray, why Aliyun Waliullah exists, why we do Tatbir. They're just having a hard time understanding all this. I was like them back then, a hardline Sunni. Heck, I said to myself a year ago "If I fail at everything in Malaysia, I'm gonna learn Arabic and join the FSA!" I, too, was ignorant of the Shia's.

I keep telling the people "Study these things yourselves. Don't listen to the biased Ulamas!" But Malaysians aren't used to new things. So it is going to take time informing them about the madhab of Ahlul-Bayt (as)

Brother, my humble advice, don't try to spread it there. You're worth more to the Imam alive than dead and if you can help it, choose to live and leave home ASAP.

• Advanced Member

If your society hates your new faith so much then hiding your true identity is the best policy for you. To protect yourself is your first obligation, brother.

We all wish you best of luck. May your support increase!

• Veteran Member

Salam, sorry to read youre family/community are giving you such a hard time. InshAllah you can keep your head down, get your studies done and then move to place less intolerant. Keep strong!

Ok, become a Sunni...why are you saying it here on this forum? To act like you were a Shia and becoming a Sunni to make a big debate on this chatroom, and you feel good about yourself before you sleep? 

Get a life man..

And members of this forum, u should seriously know such people when they first come here..

Ok, become a Sunni...why are you saying it here on this forum? To act like you were a Shia and becoming a Sunni to make a big debate on this chatroom, and you feel good about yourself before you sleep? 

Get a life man..

And members of this forum, u should seriously know such people when they first come here..

Brother, do you mind a cease of the negativity? We are of a positive religion and should be optimists.

Not really... But even if it was, so? Does Islam tell us to whine and complain about things that go wrong? Take action to fix it :). Spread the word.

Listen my friend, don't come and act like the smart guy, believe me, ask anyone here, you wouldn't want to try it with me.

I spread the word, you came here acting smart and optimistic.

Anyway don't reply back

Imam Ali is dead. How could he be with anyone? Is he divine? Nauzubillah.

Say Allah is with you.

And do not speak of those who are slain in Allah's way as dead; nay, (they are) alive, but you do not perceive (2:154).

Do not go against the Quran.

To OP. Yes brother, Imam Ali is with you through your following of him by the power of Allah.

• Advanced Member

Imam Ali is dead. How could he be with anyone? Is he divine? Nauzubillah. 

Say Allah is with you.

Martyrs aren't dead. They can still help us. Imam Ali (as) is a great saint and a supernatural being. He's capable of helping us through his powers he has from His Lord Allah Almighty.

• Advanced Member

Pop quiz yesterday, I had to put (ra) behind the name of the man that helped burned the house of Fatima al-Zahra (as) and the woman that fought against Imam.Ali (as).

For the record, I posted this here because I need support. You have no idea how hard it is to be a minority in Malaysia. Heck, eventhough the ulama's here claim that the other 3 Sunni madhabs are fine. They heavily condemn any other teachings against the Shafi'e madhab. That's just the Sunni madhabs, what do you expect for the Shia madhabs? By the late 90's the ulama's here all call the Shia infidels.

Don't even try to lecture me about taqiyyah. They're gonna find out sooner or later. I've tried my best and so far it's working.

Man enough with your freaking drama...just dont talk about religion with people you dont know FULL STOP! I know people who live in Saudi Arabia and aren't making a crisis of their living like you are...

Do you like the attention or what?

Edited by John Al-Ameli
  • Advanced Member

Man enough with your freaking drama...just dont talk about religion with people you dont know FULL STOP! I know people who live in Saudi Arabia and aren't making a crisis of their living like you are...

Do you like the attention or what?

You're bad-tempered by nature, dear brother.

Izzuddin is a worried brother of ours whose life is at stake and you believe this is all a drama.  :no:

• Advanced Member

Life at stake?

Give it a break..its drama

Have you not heard of the arrest of 2 Shias recently here? Have you forgotten the arrest of over 200 Shia muslims in 2010 here? People get arrested here for different idealogys.

The Saudi Arabian Shias have support from their family, their friends and their community. I have no one here. Parents are nasibis, friends started calling me a kuffar and there is no community here where I live.

Give me a break dude, just stop posting here and move on. Don't like it? Go elsewhere, I'm not even trying to mess with you.

P/s. I'm currently studying Farsi. The usual way people study language by listening to songs, poems and watching movies.

• Veteran Member

I also believe this thread is drama. Izzudin, are you Malaysian ?

Can you guarrantee 100 % when do you pray shia's way, someone will stab and kill you ?

If so, keep taqiyya on or you do what you do and taqiyya is off and die as Imam Husayn AS. This is your choice and fate.

If less than 100%, tell that at least within your heart to remove your waswisufi suddurrinnas.

1. Lakum dinukum waliyadin, "this is my believe, and it is not of your business".

2. La iqraa ha fiddin...."If someone want to know Islam, let us come together sit and learn"

If you are not Malaysian and nobody understand and try to understand you, then keep your faith with you, and try to make friend there, in Malaysia. Get to know each other, tell that Muhammad Rasulullah's need a reward from his ummah, QS : Ashuara, 42:23, the love from his SAW ummah to his SAW family.

Yazid LA is enemy to Ahlul Bayt, why do you put RA after his name ? Are you doing taqiyya in Shiachat ?

Do you want to joint FSA (Free Syrian Army ? who think they want to establish khilafa ?) who is killing fallible human in Syria ?

If so i suspect you are trying to give impression about shia ahlul bayt AS is tortured and being killed massively in Malaysia. And at the end many human afraid of shia ahlul bayt AS so the haqq teaching from Ahlul Bayt AS is stopped, is this what you want ?

• Advanced Member

Have you not heard of the arrest of 2 Shias recently here? Have you forgotten the arrest of over 200 Shia muslims in 2010 here? People get arrested here for different idealogys.

The Saudi Arabian Shias have support from their family, their friends and their community. I have no one here. Parents are nasibis, friends started calling me a kuffar and there is no community here where I live.

Give me a break dude, just stop posting here and move on. Don't like it? Go elsewhere, I'm not even trying to mess with you.

P/s. I'm currently studying Farsi. The usual way people study language by listening to songs, poems and watching movies.

I don't know you brother, but I support you and will remember you in y dua.

May Allah ease your situation.

• Advanced Member

If so i suspect you are trying to give impression about shia ahlul bayt AS is tortured and being killed massively in Malaysia. And at the end many human afraid of shia ahlul bayt AS so the haqq teaching from Ahlul Bayt AS is stopped, is this what you want ?

Izzudin spoke the truth, the Malaysian Government has outlawed Tashayyu'. Anyone can be arrested and tortured and nobody is going to shed a drop of tear for them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

I hope you stay strong bro. Sounds like a realy though situation.

Allah knows what you hide in your chest (your true belief in that case). What you reveal and what you conceal.

Be patient when Allah tests you. And allways be grateful for the blessing He has bestowed upon you.

Another tipp, learn arabic instead of farsi, it is more important for your deen and maybee they will help you so you properly understand their proofs (that shia are wrong).

Just make the best out of the situation,

I know when you feel like there is a weight on your chest, because you just got this lover of umar in your face who thinks that umar was the greatest man alive whilst giving lip service to Prophet Muhammad (sawa). You just feel like you want to burst out in Salawats and ask Allah to send lanat on his enemies (ie. the enemies of his Prophet (sawa) and of his Ahl (as)). But you just got to keep cool, and remember Allah constatnly, inshaAllah, He will remember you.

• Advanced Member

It's not necessary to tell everyone who you are. Hide your faith until you get a chance to expose your true faith. May God bless you.

Well, I'm a little confused. Are you mocking at us? The last part of your post made me feel like you've really converted to Sunni Islam.

I agree, I really hope he is telling the truth because if not then this guy will have the brothers and sisters on this thread praying for him for no reason.