Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

I'm A Sunni Now!

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Assalamu alaikum;

Looks like my cover's been blown. My whole school knows about me. I've had 2 face-to-face sessions with the schools' ustadz and ustadzah. Got caught doing 'Shia' stuff (praying with hands down, singing in Farsi, saying "Ya Hussein", etc..).

So yeah, I think I'm gonna stay an Ahlus-Sunnah (Shafi'e madhab of course, the Malikis aren't well received here) until I'm ready to be a Shia. Probably 2020, probably 2050. Who knows? Hey, probably Malaysia will never recognize the Shia of Ali.

I'm more concern about our state considering Malaysia's trying to be a secular Saudia Arabia. Y'know, a Wahabbi state but somehow loves other religion and the PM tries to connect with members of other religion whilst becoming harsher with people of his own religion.

I beg all of you, pray for the reappearance of the Imam of our time, Imam Sahib al-Zaman; Muhammad Mahdi. The son of Nargis (as) and Imam Hassan al-Askari (as). Pray for our Muslim brothers around the globe. Yes, even the Sunnis. I am off. This will probably be my last post here.

P/s. I am not replying to this post. It's all over now.

Assalamu alaikum; Yours truly

Izzuddin

( My only update, I'll be gone from here on out)

Edit:-

a. I believe ALL the sahabas existed with peace and whoever gave allegiance to the Prophet (saw) as mentioned in Quran Chapter 9, Verse 100. Even if that sahabi was a Christian, he shall enter jannah. (I like most Malaysian Ulama', ignore Chapter 9, Verse 101)

b. I now say Salallah Alaihi Wasalam instead of Rasulullahs' order to mention his Ahlul-Bayt too.

c. I approve the Khulafah ar-Rasyidun.

Abu Bakar (ra), Umar (ra), Uthman (ra), Ali (ra).

d. I now pray with my hands folded to my chest.

e. Yes, Ali (ra). Hassan (ra). Hussein (ra). AISYAH (ra). HAFSA (ra). MUAWIYAH (ra).

f. I approve Bani Umayyads rule. I approve Bani Abassids rule.

g. Brainwashed Sunni me says Hussein (ra) was killed by the Kufans and Yazeed (ra) was wrongly accused of killing Rasulullahs' (saw) grandson.

h. According to the Ijma' of Malaysian Sunnis, you Shiah's bath in your Imam's dung.

All of the above are true. Proof and Logic? No need for that when you have (misinterpreted) Quran and (false) Sunnah and you're an Ahlus-Sunnah.

Assalamu alaikum, you Shiahs!

Edited by Izzuddin
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

:cry: We told you to do Taqiyyaa :(   Stay Strong Brother. As long as the truth is in your heart, and you are in taqiyya, Allah knows. You, all of Malaysia, and mankind will always be in my prayers.  

Huh~ Thanks guys, I know what I said on the post.. Ignore it. I got a little bit of Ahlul-Bayt love left inside. Looks like my extreme taqiyyah is about to start. Age 15 all the way until I can settle

Allah* is with you... 'Do not be sad [or afraid], surely Allah is with us.' {Qur'an 9:40} :P

• Advanced Member

It's not necessary to tell everyone who you are. Hide your faith until you get a chance to expose your true faith. May God bless you.

Well, I'm a little confused. Are you mocking at us? The last part of your post made me feel like you've really converted to Sunni Islam.

• Advanced Member

^ No, he isn't mocking. He's simply being sarcastic.

Bro. Izzuddin, I think it is smarter for you to stay a 'Sunni' for a while in that idiotic place. And remember the advice I gave you before: Just get out of that country when you finish your studies. Try to get a job outside of Malaysia at the soonest.

May Allah protect you always.

• Advanced Member

Huh~

Thanks guys, I know what I said on the post.. Ignore it. I got a little bit of Ahlul-Bayt love left inside. Looks like my extreme taqiyyah is about to start. Age 15 all the way until I can settle outside of Malaysia. Probably at age 25, probably 50. Only God knows. I might have to learn how to pray again after that.

About taqiyyah, I never knew it existed until a month after I reverted to the madhab of Ahlul-Bayt. I basically told everyone I trusted. They turned against me and reported me. The teachers got involved and told my parents. Parents started dissing this madhab and started becoming nasibis..

Was at my lowest at that time, felt like I lost everyone. Well then, cheerios. Now I'm gonna go do stuff the majority of Malaysian Sunnis agree too, and avoid the order of God. Follow the 'faithful' sahabas Sunnah, leave Ahlul-Bayt's (as) sunnah.

P/s. All of the statements were sarcastic of course, the community here is like a family to me. One big diverse family :')

Dude...that wasn't a smart move to open up and yell you're a Shia. I've been Shia for quite some time now and yet my uncle's family who reside in the same house as ours, is totally oblivious to that fact. What you did was clearly a hasty step that has now come to haunt you. And make your life difficult.

The only thing you'd have to publicly change is the way you perform prayers. You don't to 'replace' your Shi'ite theological perspective with that of Sunni's. The only thing people will watch over you is how you perform your salaah. So, in the end, you're still good to go..you can go online, come back to SC to learn, do the umpteen research/learning on the web about Shia maddhab, so on and so forth.

You don't have to go all drama-queen-like 'this is my last post' and bla bla :P

See you and read you around more, in'sha Allah.

• Forum Administrators

Don't let the actions and words of others hurt your relationship with Allah and Ahl al-Bayt. You will be resurrected on the Day and be questioned regarding your beliefs, alone. They will have no say in it.

This is why our religion allows taqiyya. Your heart must accept the School of Ahl al-Bayt, and you can hide that belief. You can show them that you are a Sunni, and pray/practice privately or among other Shi`i brothers.

• Advanced Member

(bismillah)

(salam) brother and sisters

I have to say that Malaysia is one of most disgusting countries in the world. Why I say this? Reason is because it violates human rights and freedom to believe. I don't know any countries in the world to go such extremism except Saudia Arabia and Malaysia.

Brother remember even if you do prayers on the way of Ahlul Sunnah, they can never take the love of Ahlul-Bayt (AS) in you. If I would be you I would be ready even to immigrate to other country. I would never let any person, country or government to effect on my beliefs. Everyone goes own path and you know best with Will of Allah (SWT) what you have to do. But never cease the love of Ahlul-Bayt (AS) in your heart, no matter what.

• Advanced Member

Dude...that wasn't a smart move to open up and yell you're a Shia. I've been Shia for quite some time now and yet my uncle's family who reside in the same house as ours, is totally oblivious to that fact. What you did was clearly a hasty step that has now come to haunt you. And make your life difficult.

The only thing you'd have to publicly change is the way you perform prayers. You don't to 'replace' your Shi'ite theological perspective with that of Sunni's. The only thing people will watch over you is how you perform your salaah. So, in the end, you're still good to go..you can go online, come back to SC to learn, do the umpteen research/learning on the web about Shia maddhab, so on and so forth.

You don't have to go all drama-queen-like 'this is my last post' and bla bla :P

See you and read you around more, in'sha Allah.

I wasn't that smart back then. Y'know what, I got in touch with some Ahlul-Bayt lovers in Malaysia. Ofc it wasn't easy. They rised me up, feel like Abbas (as) is watching over me right now.

That last post part is getting edited out. I'm gonna get in touch less though in September through November.

Bah, can't edit the post. I got my spirit back up though, that's good. You guuuuuys (and gals, if any), I love you.

Though I'm still afraid . The only Shia in school O_O

An update about the 2 peeps arrested for being Shia: They both pleaded NOT GUILTY. That is all, the media doesn't cover much about the Shia now.

If I could, I'd remove this post. I feel all good inside now :3

• Moderators

@inquisitor.... He is not being a drama queen, he is upset and hurt and rightfully so,

its okay bro, u can always be shia on shiachat :) and of course in your heart... And dont get depressed.... U might get a chance to leave the country sooner than u think.... maybe u should think about going to a uni in some other country...

U r so strong MashAllah, i envy u, wish i could be like that.... i live in Pakistan but maybe if someone on shiachat who lives in the west can guide and help u with college admissions , so u can get out of there sooner....

....... Or u can even come to Pakistan.... Its such a shia friendly country.... Especially these days.... ;)

• Advanced Member

I'd like to visit Pakistan actually, the north part I know is Shia-friendly. What happenned today was an eye opener. I should be more careful in life and don't trust anyone around me. I tried bringing myself up listening to Sayed Javad's noha. It worked.

Also, some genius is tryna mess around here bringing a Shia proffessor to give a lecture about "Between Myth and Reality in The Muslim World" by Professor Mohsen Kadivar. I'm not suprised if he gets arrested the moment he steps in Malaysia.

I'd like to visit Pakistan actually, the north part I know is Shia-friendly. What happenned today was an eye opener. I should be more careful in life and don't trust anyone around me. I tried bringing myself up listening to Sayed Javad's noha. It worked.

Also, some genius is tryna mess around here bringing a Shia proffessor to give a lecture about "Between Myth and Reality in The Muslim World" by Professor Mohsen Kadivar. I'm not suprised if he gets arrested the moment he steps in Malaysia.

Or killed, brother. Better not to do that. The blood will be on his hands for not warning him.

• Advanced Member

I know Pakistan very well. It's a country occupied by the terrorists. Don't even think about visiting it for a long period of time. Shia Muslims are killed there are Government doesn't do a thing to stop it. Their PM Nawaz Sharif is a terrorist too.

I know Pakistan very well. It's a country occupied by the terrorists. Don't even think about visiting it for a long period of time. Shia Muslims are killed there are Government doesn't do a thing to stop it. Their PM Nawaz Sharif is a terrorist too.

He is now backed by Al-Qaeda and Saudi Arabia. It was not as bad before with the other guy. He was a 'Shia' by name. Now it's really going to get worse.

• Advanced Member

brother i think everyone gave you advice last time to do taqiyyah, there was no need to tell anyone anything. Do taqiyyah now and practice your faith secretly (pray the shia way when you are completley alone in a locked room or whatever etc) and when you are ready to move out on you own goto a Shia friendly country. You can goto a western country like canada on a student visa (where i am proud to say we even have full exclusive academically recognized shia high schools now :)  ) , immigration to countries like canada have become very easy now, or you can move to any other country as well like Iran. 

Edited by Kirmani

brother i think everyone gave you advice last time to do taqiyyah, there was no need to tell anyone anything. Do taqiyyah now and practice your faith secretly (pray the shia way when you are completley alone in a locked room or whatever etc) and when you are ready to move out on you own goto a Shia friendly country. You can goto a western country like canada on a student visa (where i am proud to say we even have full exclusive academically recognized shia high schools now :)  ) , immigration to countries like canada have become very easy now, or you can move to any other country as well like Iran. 

As-Sadiq in Bathurst? :D I went there for a few years.

• Advanced Member

Salaam Alaykom.

I am a new member here, so I feel that I have missed the whole story! But when I read your post, I thought taht some simillar experiences might help you. Like experiences from people who converted to Islam or Shia, because almost all of them have the same experience of going through hardship and adversity after their convert. Videos like this:(

) or many simillar ones from the same channel on Youtube. You also can visit that great website:( islam4u.com ). But it is in arabic, you can post your questions there and get a answer. I hope that you know arabic.

Allah Helps you insha Allah.

Fi aman Allah

Salaam Alaykom.

I am a new member here, so I feel that I have missed the whole story! But when I read your post, I thought taht some simillar experiences might help you. Like experiences from people who converted to Islam or Shia, because almost all of them have the same experience of going through hardship and adversity after their convert. Videos like this:(

) or many simillar ones from the same channel on Youtube. You also can visit that great website:( islam4u.com ). But it is in arabic, you can post your questions there and get a answer. I hope that you know arabic.

Allah Helps you insha Allah.

Fi aman Allah

I love ABTV. Thanks for the vid sis. Haven't seen that one.

• Advanced Member

Damn, I am sorry to hear that bro, especially how you have to believe that Yazeed ''ra'' (why?, just why attach the 'ra' by his name? ) is innocent, and how we bathe in dung. 

I strongly advise you to come to the West (Canada, hint hint) were you can practice your faith in peace, without being able to worry when you'd be bombed for being a Shi'a. (Iraq, Pakistan, looking at you) 

Have faith, keep on studying/researching, let me know if you want Shi'a links and lectures, I will never be a fan of Taqiyya, but you should since you are at risk of being arrested and what not.

I have been hearing some really weird stuff about Malaysia, usually Malaysians Shafi'is giving their first-hand accounts. Prostitution and other Haram activity is quite widespread,  all secular, yet are extremely harsh on the non-Shafi'i Sunnis and especially on Shi'as.

Best of luck, May Allah (s.w.t) bless you, give you patience and even more Imaan

Edited by GreyMatter

Damn, I am sorry to hear that bro, especially how you have to believe that Yazeed ''ra'' (why?, just why attach the 'ra' by his name? ) is innocent, and how we bathe in dung. 

I strongly advise you to come to the West (Canada, hint hint) were you can practice your faith in peace, without being able to worry when you'd be bombed for being a Shi'a. (Iraq, Pakistan, looking at you) 

Have faith, keep on studying/researching, let me know if you want Shi'a links and lectures, I will never be a fan of Taqiyya, but you should since you are at risk of being arrested and what not.

I have been hearing some really weird stuff about Malaysia, usually Malaysians Shafi'is giving their first-hand accounts. Prostitution and other Haram activity is quite widespread,  all secular, yet are extremely harsh on the non-Shafi'i Sunnis and especially on Shi'as.

Best of luck, May Allah (s.w.t) bless you, give you patience and even more Imaan

CANADA IS THE BEST. Toronto's Bathurst is huge and community is great alhamdulillah. Can't wait to go there next year.

Edited by BuggyLemon
  • Advanced Member

To Canada? Why? Yes I know, compared to most of countries, here in Canada you feel less pressure on you to practice your religoin. But believe me, this kind of so-called freedom is just a mask! The reason I am telling this is that when you go down to the deep layers of the society and you wanna live there through a long time, having a job and having an adequate life, it's not easy. Because you'll be considered as a second hand citizen. It's not a surprise, as long as you are a foreigner, in most of the countries there will be the same story.

Besides this, if a muslim is going to imigrate to practice his/her faith, to me, it would be a brilliant idea to go to a country in which he/she can evaluate his spirtuallity and faith easily. Having been here in Canada for almost a year, it seems very hard to me to seek Almighty Allah's satisfaction. Contrary to that, having grown up in a muslim country, I cuold easily follow my religion and highly evaluate. Saying that, I never claim that every thing in muslim counties, like Iran and Iraq, are perfect, but at least a person feels way less barriers throuh his/her way.

InshaAllah God leads all of us!

• Advanced Member

I wasn't that smart back then. Y'know what, I got in touch with some Ahlul-Bayt lovers in Malaysia. Ofc it wasn't easy. They rised me up, feel like Abbas (as) is watching over me right now.

That last post part is getting edited out. I'm gonna get in touch less though in September through November.

Bah, can't edit the post. I got my spirit back up though, that's good. You guuuuuys (and gals, if any), I love you.

Though I'm still afraid . The only Shia in school O_O

An update about the 2 peeps arrested for being Shia: They both pleaded NOT GUILTY. That is all, the media doesn't cover much about the Shia now.

If I could, I'd remove this post. I feel all good inside now :3

It's nice to hear that you're feeling alright now. You don't have to be afraid of anyone...just play and be street smart. Because you're the only Shia in school, just don't give others a chance to doubt your 'Sunnism' again!

@inquisitor.... He is not being a drama queen, he is upset and hurt and rightfully so,

I was just pulling his legs. I knew it was a sarcastic post.

• Advanced Member

From here on out, religion is out of topic when talking to anyone here.

I was feeling very scared today walking to school because of the recent crackdowns. I thought the school called JAKIM to catch me or anything.

Now, shush. I'm not supposed to be here. I'm supposed to be studying for my finals.

Assalamu alaikum ^_^

• Advanced Member

Ah.. Guys? The cat is out of the bag. I repeat, the cat is out of the bag.

I've been enrolled in the schools' counceling program. Reason? For having a different madhab. This thing is public right now, almost every teacher knows I'm a Shia. I regret not staying in taqiyyah..

The weird thing is though, the school teachers here actually disagree with any other madhab that is not Shafi'e. When I was getting lectured 2 days ago, the teacher told me "Ahlus-Sunnah have heretics too". I can only think of the other 3 Sunni madhabs.

That's it, my test from Allah Azawajal starts here. My (nasibi) parents are going to get informed about this, gonna get lectured everyday. My (jahil) friends are going to abandon me, next thing I know I'll only have 1 friend standing beside me. My (jahil) teachers are going to leave me out of their studies.

I only pray for all this to happen quickly and end my suffering. Wish I had the remote from Click.. :'(

• Veteran Member

Hope you stay strong brother. Malaysia is definitely worse than Saudi Arabia since AFAIK, in the latter, you can still be Shi`i and will not be forced to convert.

As all the brothers and sisters here have said, do taqiyyah. I think, given your condition, it's obligatory for you to do so. Keep your akhlaq good and try to get out from Malaysia when you go to college or get a job if the religious freedom there doesn't get better.

I wish you all the best brother. I pray to Allah (swt) that He may protect you and give you the best way out of this ASAP, bi haqqi Muhammad wa ali Muhammad.

• Advanced Member

I knew that Malaysia doesn't allow propagation of Shia Islam in its country but I'm astonished to see that they don't tolerate even presence of non-Shafi'i Islam. They don't tolerate even different branches of Sunni Islam. That's pathetic! I think the Malaysians need to be reformed. They need to be taught how to tolerate difference of opinion.

Brother Izzuddin, can't you pretend to be a Sunni Muslim? There's no need for you to show everyone that you've converted to Shia Islam. You can hide your faith in Shia Islam and can live in your nasibi society as a Sunni Muslim.

Keep taqiyyah up.

• Advanced Member

I knew that Malaysia doesn't allow propagation of Shia Islam in its country but I'm astonished to see that they don't tolerate even presence of non-Shafi'i Islam. They don't tolerate even different branches of Sunni Islam. That's pathetic! I think the Malaysians need to be reformed. They need to be taught how to tolerate difference of opinion.

Brother Izzuddin, can't you pretend to be a Sunni Muslim? There's no need for you to show everyone that you've converted to Shia Islam. You can hide your faith in Shia Islam and can live in your nasibi society as a Sunni Muslim.

Keep taqiyyah up.

Malaysia is really a pathetic country. Malaysian politic is deeply corrupted. The society is deeply segregated and racist. A lot of people are also hypocrites. The most common propaganda you will hear, living in Malaysia, is how different races and religion can coexist peaceful. It's a sham.

I guess for some people taqiyya is still a way of life.

• Advanced Member

I'm not converting. Got my spirit up so yeah, gonna taqiyyah all the way. I pray like the Sunnis but I read Shia stuff in my prayers. (ending al-Fatihah with Alhamdulillahi rabbil-alamin, saying Bihau lilla wa quwatihu a'qumu wa a'qud,etc..)

I got enrolled in councelling because of this, not sure if I want to say anything. Even the counciler is biased saying the Shias worship Imam Ali (as)