Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Grief

Absolute Forgiveness

Rate this topic

Great topic for me to read. Jazakallahu khyran for the reminder.

But at times I feel the weight of past mistakes, from before and after my reversion,weigh my heart down. At times after prayer I wish to jsut cry. How do I get rid of this?

Great topic for me to read. Jazakallahu khyran for the reminder.

But at times I feel the weight of past mistakes, from before and after my reversion,weigh my heart down. At times after prayer I wish to jsut cry. How do I get rid of this?

Bismillahi Rahmani Rahim

Salaam,

I honestly think you already have the correct method down to get rid of that heavy feeling in your heart.

Tears are the manifestation of a sentiment we feel. It could be due to the continuous remembrance of an abhorrent sin we committed, this can cause us to cry. We loathe ourselves and are saddened to be apart from the recognition of Allah.  Then there are the tears that come from that intangible lightness we feel in our hearts. It rests in your chest and feels remarkably beautiful. Your heart wants to jump out. You miss God. So you cry...

Both have a common root, which I believe is : Sincerity.

In du'a kumayl we say: "Have mercy upon him whose capital is hope, and whose weapon is tears!" And we know that dua kumayl is basically a letter of repentance to Allah, you submit yourself whole-heartedly and are pleading to him to forgive you and recognize you.

Edited by jannahismygoal