Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
sm9658

Duas During Salat Al Layl?

Rate this topic

I usually follow th guide on duas.org

http://www.duas.org/tahajjud.htm

But lets say you want to add more duas during the prayer but you need to use a book because you dont remember them, would you say the duas while standing in qunoot or after you finish the whole prayer while sitting. (Finsh salaam and everything)

I am kind of confused as to when to add duas, are they usually after the prayers?

I usually finish witr, and make a little personal dua in english because my arabic isnt that good and then recite a dua in arabic.. Is this incorrect or okay?

Edited by summer9658

But lets say you want to add more duas during the prayer but you need to use a book because you dont remember them, would you say the duas while standing in qunoot or after you finish the whole prayer while sitting. (Finsh salaam and everything)

I am kind of confused as to when to add duas, are they usually after the prayers?

I usually finish witr, and make a little personal dua in english because my arabic isnt that good and then recite a dua in arabic.. Is this incorrect or okay?

Salat Al Witr is the very Long, as you have to do the long Dua, I do it also, But its what the prophet (s) Did and how he prayer.

Salat Alyal was obligatory on the prophet (s). The Dua you do in Qunoot is "part" of the salat. While the Dua you do after salat is Only

"Mustahab" (loved by Allah). 

This should help you get a better view:

http://www.al-islam.org/salatullayl/5.htm

also:

http://www.al-islam.org/salatullayl/2.htm

Edited by TheIslamHistory

Its your choice if it specifically recommends those duas to be recited in qunoot it be better to hold the book standing while in qunoot. I been told ayatuallah bahjat would read dua Abu Hamza Thumali in his qunoot of salaat ul layl by Sheikh Leghai.

On the link you give where its says:

iii)Say Takbir and raise hands for Qunoot.:  to vii)

These are recitation recommended in qunoot.

In the link below apart from where it mentions optional 3 duas in Witr qunoot. All the other are before or after prayers can be done sitting

http://www.duas.org/tahajjud.htm#Duas_associated_with_Salat_ul_layl_

If your still confused mention the dua which your confused over i'll let you know my understanding of when it recommending it to be recited. For example dua hazeen it done after the pray is over and your sitting down. Same with Ayat Kursi

It correct to have your only personal dua/conversation with Allah after the salaat

I actually have one more question that i cant seem to find the answer to :blush:

In the last sajdah of obligatory salah you can make dua after you say the wajib part but it must be in arabic?

After obligatory salat if you want to make a personal dua is it permissible to say it while prostrating since that is when you are closest to Allah right? Or should you just sit up straight?

Sorry i know these might be stupid questions :unsure:

I actually have one more question that i cant seem to find the answer to :blush:

In the last sajdah of obligatory salah you can make dua after you say the wajib part but it must be in arabic?

After obligatory salat if you want to make a personal dua is it permissible to say it while prostrating since that is when you are closest to Allah right? Or should you just sit up straight?

Sorry i know these might be stupid questions :unsure:

(bismillah)

(salam)

It is acceptable to make any duas in the last prostration. 

Some duas i would suggest in the last sajdah:

• Ya Latif irham 'abdika al daeef, zaleel o haqeer o miskeen. Birahmatika ya arhamaraniheem

O Gentle (one of Names of Allah), I am your weak slave, the wretched, the worthless, the poor/needy. Have mercy on me the Merciful

• يا وَلِيَ اْلعافِية ، أَسأَلُكَ اْلعَفوَة وَالعَافِية، عافِيةَ الدِينِ وَالدُنيا والاخِرة 

Ya Wali ul Aafeeya, nasalooka al afyia, aafyia tul deeni wal dunya wal akhira, behaqi 'itratehe al-taahira

Oh, Provider of wellness, we seek from you wellness,the wellness of religion, this world and hereafter , by Mohammad and his pure Progeny.

• Rabbi la takilni ila nafsi tarfata aenin abada.

Lord do not leave me in charge of my affairs even for the blink of an eye (one of the lines Lady of Light use to recite. Its part of a dua from Mufatih)

• Rabana amilna bi fazlika ya kareem, wala tu amilna bi adlika ya raheem.

Lord judge us by your Mercy, not by your Justice (losely translated. I had to pull out an old urdu lecture and translate it myself. So for the perfect translation ask a scholar as I dont know Arabic)

• إلهي سَجَد لَكَ وَجهي وَسوادي، وأَمَنَ بِكَ فُؤادي، وَهَذِهِ يَا رَبِّ نَاصِيَتي بَينَ يَدِيك، فَإفعَل بي ما أنتَ أهلُهُ، ولا تَفعَل بي ما أنا أَهلُهُ يَا كريم 

"Ilaahi, sajada laka wajhi wasawaadi, waamana bika fooaadi, wahathihi ya rabby naasiyati bayna yadayk, fafaal bi ma anta ahluh, wa la tafaal bi ma ana ahluh, ya kareem,"

"O my Allah, I have prostrated to you, and I have believed in you, and this, my Lord, is my destiny between Your hands, so do to me that which You are worthy of, and do not do to me that which I am worthy of, O Generous (One),"

• يا مُحسِنُ قَد أتَاكَ اْلمُسِئ، عَظُمَ اْلذَنبُ مِن عَبدِك، فَليَحسُنُ اْلتَجَاوُزُ من عِندَك 

"Ya Muhsin, qad ataak al musee', athumalthambu min abdik, falyahsun altajawuza min indik,"

"O Benefactor, the offender (offensive one) has come to You, the sins of Your servant are great, so the best would be Your Forbearing from You,"

• إلهي أنتَ كَما أُحِب، فَإجعَلني كَما تُحِب

From Amir Al Mu'mineen  (as) Ilahi, Anta kama uhab, faj'alni kama Tuhab

Oh my God, You are as i love, so i implore you to make me as You love

Hope that helped. May Allah swt, accept your good deeds and accept your prayers

“If a praying person knew to what extent he was surrounded by Allah’s Mercy, he would never raise his head from Prostration” ~ Imam Ali  (as)

(wasalam) :)