Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Deadly Lebanon Blast In Beirut

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

At least seven people have been killed by a large explosion in the southern suburbs of the Lebanese capital Beirut, with at least 11 reported wounded.

The area contains strongholds of the Shia militant movement Hezbollah.

The explosion happened in a densely populated part of the capital. Heavy damage was reported to nearby buildings and cars.

The blast is being linked to the conflict in Syria, which has worsened sectarian tensions in Lebanon.

Plumes of smoke rose over the area where the blast occurred, between the Bir Abed and Rweiss districts of the city.

Interior Minister Marwan Charbel confirmed that the blast was the result of a car bomb, the Lebanese Daily Star newspaper reports.

The bomb seems to have gone off between two apartment buildings, the BBC's Jim Muir reports from the scene.

The street is jammed with ambulances and fire trucks, our correspondent reports.

Few would doubt the blast is a result of Hezbollah's involvement in the conflict in Syria, he says.

Last month, a bomb in a nearby area injured more than 50.

• Veteran Member

It is all good according to most naive and ignorant people (Shias)...This was a unity-bomb exploded by Takfiris and funded by Qatar and Saudi (the puppets of Zionists). We need to waste our time and resources on how to support these people in Egypt and Palestine and what not.

You don't want to repeat Iraq and Pakistan, send a clear message to Qatar, Turkey and Saudi Arabia! The only language that they know.

• Veteran Member

Why don't Sunni scholars never condemn such acts of terrorism?

Why should they condemn? They are the ones who encourage or at least get happy about it.

They believe killing Rafidhis as much as possible is rewarded.

And on the other hand, they are know that Shias will never do a thing about it, and instead like losers will chant 'unity' and 'brotherhood' slogans.... so they are sure that htey are save and Shias being killed, and that is a normal thing for them.

In Pakistan, a peaceful country with no war or any political dispute, thousands and thousands of Shias been killed in last 10 years simply because Sunnis' don't like the Shia beliefs.

• Veteran Member

Bismehe Ta3ala,

Assalam Alikum.

God's curse and wrath be upon ahul s3ood and ahul thani. This was a message back at sayyid hassan (HA) from last night's interview. inna lil Allah wa inna elahi raj3oun.

Allahoma 3jal waleeka al faraj.

Rahamtul Allah 3la as shuhada

M3 Salamah, FE AMIN Allah

• Advanced Member

Nasrallah invitation to keep the war in Syria has, apparently, fallen on deaf ears. 

The group responsible for the explosion stated that it was on of many to come.

Killing civilians like this is disgusting. It is expected however, the involvement in Syria will surely have a price.

. This was a message back at sayyid hassan (HA) from last night's interview. inna lil Allah wa inna elahi raj3oun.

That is immediately what I thought

Nasrallah invitation to keep the war in Syria has, apparently, fallen on deaf ears. 

Killing civilians like this is disgusting. It is expected however, the involvement in Syria will surely have a price.

Don't deny it....you peed all over yourself with enjoyment when you heard it. No need to add "killing civilians like this is disgusting" you can't fool us.

• Veteran Member

Thank you!

When I say here that you people do not deserve any sympathy when armed Takfiris are killed like dogs in Syria and Egypt, people disagree with me.

Shias: You think I ever accept any unity with this person (who by the way posting on a Shiachat and is doing Taqiya calling it disgusting but at the mean time enjoys) and blames Hizbullah for it? I should show my sympathy for such monsters who like cowards leave the battle but explode in markets?

Mousa: I don't blame you, your caliphs were also losers like you and the rest of the Takfiris, they ran away from the battlefield but instead oppressed the civilians and attacked the daughter of Prophet (saw) and other people.

Now you follow the Sunna of your leaders, you run away from the wars, can't fight face to face like men, but then you explode in public markets, mosques or behead a few captured civilians.

• Advanced Member

Thank you!

When I say here that you people do not deserve any sympathy when armed Takfiris are killed like dogs in Syria and Egypt, people disagree with me.

Shias: You think I ever accept any unity with this person (who by the way posting on a Shiachat and is doing Taqiya calling it disgusting but at the mean time enjoys) and blames Hizbullah for it? I should show my sympathy for such monsters who like cowards leave the battle but explode in markets?

Mousa: I don't blame you, your caliphs were also losers like you and the rest of the Takfiris, they ran away from the battlefield but instead oppressed the civilians and attacked the daughter of Prophet (saw) and other people.

Now you follow the Sunna of your leaders, you run away from the wars, can't fight face to face like men, but then you explode in public markets, mosques or behead a few captured civilians.

I don't do taqiyah I am not a Shia. Killing civilians is disgusting, regardless of their faith or views.  If you don't have sympathy for civilians, don't project yourself onto others. 

The Hizb knew what it was getting into by going into Syria. If you want to act shocked and naive, be my guest. If you get into a war, of course you will have causalities. Since day one of Hizb's involvement people expected this. That is why  Nasrallah has stressed that any fighting or revenge towards the Hizb should be carried in Syria not in Lebanon. 

Revenge was expected. Attempts to make it happen in Syria have failed. 

Playing with fire is bound to get one's hands burned. 

• Veteran Member

I don't do taqiyah I am not a Shia. Killing civilians is disgusting, regardless of their faith or views.  If you don't have sympathy for civilians, don't project yourself onto others. 

The Hizb knew what it was getting into by going into Syria. If you want to act shocked and naive, be my guest. If you get into a war, of course you will have causalities. Since day one of Hizb's involvement people expected this. That is why  Nasrallah has stressed that any fighting or revenge towards the Hizb should be carried in Syria not in Lebanon. 

Revenge was expected. Attempts to make it happen in Syria have failed. 

Playing with fire is bound to get one's hands burned. 

Then why you excuse killing of civilians with the rest of the BS story you tell?

How do you like if Syrian gov. or Bahraini Shias or Hizbullah, explode bombs in Saudi, Turkey, Qatar and other places in Sunni mosques, markets or civilians sites?

You have no principle and you have no sane religion, from the start, for the last 14 century, your beliefs suggest to go after civilians.

Run away from the war and kill people in a place who might never threw a stone towards you...

So at the end, the only way to stop you is to explode Sunni mosques and markets in Saudi, Turkey and Qatar I guess, right?

OH and by the way: What about 100s of explosions monthly in Pakistani civilian sites and killing Shias? Maybe because Pakistan Shias for last 20 years were preparing for joining the Syrian war? And Iraqi ones?

What kind of excuse you have for those countries?

Instead of hidding, tell us that is your religion! And that is what you do for living.

BTW: nobody is scared of going to war against Takfiris! Hizb already said it was ready to lose tens of thousands of fighters. They are not cowards like Sunnis. They don't kill civilians, they go to WAR.

Edited by Noah-
  • Advanced Member

Then why you excuse killing of civilians with the rest of the BS story you tell?

How do you like if Syrian gov. or Bahraini Shias or Hizbullah, explode bombs in Saudi, Turkey, Qatar and other places in Sunni mosques, markets or civilians sites?

You have no principle and you have no sane religion, from the start, for the last 14 century, your beliefs suggest to go after civilians.

Run away from the war and kill people in a place who might never threw a stone towards you...

So at the end, the only way to stop you is to explode Sunni mosques and markets in Saudi, Turkey and Qatar I guess, right?

OH and by the way: What about 100s of explosions monthly in Pakistani civilian sites and killing Shias? Maybe because Pakistan Shias for last 20 years were preparing for joining the Syrian war? And Iraqi ones?

What kind of excuse you have for those countries?

Instead of hidding, tell us that is your religion! And that is what you do for living.

BTW: nobody is scared of going to war against Takfiris! Hizb already said it was ready to lose tens of thousands of fighters. They are not cowards like Sunnis. They don't kill civilians, they go to WAR.

No need to be aggressive. Killing civilians is condmed whether in Bahrain, Pakistan, Shia or Sunni. 

Saudi Arabia and Turkey, if you remember, have had terrorist exploding bombs in their territory, with the latter case being connected to the Syrian incident. 

Turkey expected that revenge for its involvement will occur, so did Hizb. Both of these have witnessed explosions. The Turkish government was heavily criticised for allowing such explosions to happen, and the opposition has blamed the government for interfering in Syria. That does mean the opposition was giving excuses for the terrorists. 

The killings in Turkey or Lebanon are not excused, but they are expected. There is a big difference between expecting that civilians will suffer due to involvement in a war and between excusing murder. I hope you understand the difference.

Salam. 

I heard they arrested a Syrian in connection with it...but it could be a rumor

The news I heard was that a Syrian man was arrested at the site. Apparently he was making a phone call? Anyhow, as you stated, it could be an other rumour. 

• Veteran Member

"Later on Thursday, a group calling itself the Brigades of Aisha Umm al-Moemeneen claimed the bombing in a YouTube video and threatened further attacks.The video -- which surfaced shortly after news of the attack broke -- shows three masked men, two of them holding rifles, in front of a white flag inscribed with the Islamic profession of faith."

http://m.naharnet.com/stories/en/94281-at-least-14-dead-212-hurt-in-car-bombing-between-bir-al-abed-ruwais

• Veteran Member

No need to be aggressive. Killing civilians is condmed whether in Bahrain, Pakistan, Shia or Sunni. 

Saudi Arabia and Turkey, if you remember, have had terrorist exploding bombs in their territory, with the latter case being connected to the Syrian incident. 

Turkey expected that revenge for its involvement will occur, so did Hizb. Both of these have witnessed explosions. The Turkish government was heavily criticised for allowing such explosions to happen, and the opposition has blamed the government for interfering in Syria. That does mean the opposition was giving excuses for the terrorists. 

The killings in Turkey or Lebanon are not excused, but they are expected. There is a big difference between expecting that civilians will suffer due to involvement in a war and between excusing murder. I hope you understand the difference.

Salam. 

The news I heard was that a Syrian man was arrested at the site. Apparently he was making a phone call? Anyhow, as you stated, it could be an other rumour. 

What you say is what you support? Killing civilians everywhere condemned and be it Shia or Sunni.... BUT YOU ARE THE ONE who support these monster groups every day on this forum for the last 2 years who do nothing but kill civilians and TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for killing civilians, and make youtube clips and publish them proudly.

Shias are massacred, oh well it is a revenge, but condemned, Alawite civilians are massacred, oh well they are pro Assad, the Christian priests are beheaded, oh well they are infidels... Sunni mosque with Sheikh Al Bouti exploded killing tens, oh well, he was a pro-regime cleric including the other civilians who were killed, THAT IS HOW you present yourself here...and the other Sunnis likes of you!

How many Sunni scholars and countries condemn the daily bombings of civilians in Pak-Iraq? Yea, now go and google, you might find one.

• Veteran Member

"Later on Thursday, a group calling itself the Brigades of Aisha Umm al-Moemeneen claimed the bombing in a YouTube video and threatened further attacks.The video -- which surfaced shortly after news of the attack broke -- shows three masked men, two of them holding rifles, in front of a white flag inscribed with the Islamic profession of faith."

http://m.naharnet.com/stories/en/94281-at-least-14-dead-212-hurt-in-car-bombing-between-bir-al-abed-ruwais

The guys in the video, what kind of accent does he have? The guy with the (blue-jean and green tshirt) is most likely a Palestinian, I think!

• Advanced Member

What you say is what you support? Killing civilians everywhere condemned and be it Shia or Sunni.... BUT YOU ARE THE ONE who support these monster groups every day on this forum for the last 2 years who do nothing but kill civilians and TAKE RESPONSIBILITY for killing civilians, and make youtube clips and publish them proudly.

Shias are massacred, oh well it is a revenge, but condemned, Alawite civilians are massacred, oh well they are pro Assad, the Christian priests are beheaded, oh well they are infidels... Sunni mosque with Sheikh Al Bouti exploded killing tens, oh well, he was a pro-regime cleric including the other civilians who were killed, THAT IS HOW you present yourself here...and the other Sunnis likes of you!

How many Sunni scholars and countries condemn the daily bombings of civilians in Pak-Iraq? Yea, now go and google, you might find one.

It is better to end this discussion, I have made my point and you have made yours.

The guys in the video, what kind of accent does he have? The guy with the (blue-jean and green tshirt) is most likely a Palestinian, I think!

No specific accent. He uses a very standard Arabic with no specific dialectical words that could give away where he is from.

• Advanced Member

Ahl al-Jnoub fought off Israel and Takfiris the last 3 months (see the failed Israel recon squad last week), and of course this happens. Funny how these idiots literally (there's a video) were scared [Edited Out]less when Hezb liberated al-Qusayr.

This will only strengthen Hezb and unify the non-Takfiri Lebanese further.

• Veteran Member

What a coincidence that this happened after this (http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-08-07/world/41142828_1_israeli-soldiers-israeli-troops-four-soldiers).

Proves that Takfiris are nothing but Zionist puppets.

Or they are still having nightmares of Qusayr and they can't defeat Hizballah even in their dreams.
  • Veteran Member

Or they are still having nightmares of Qusayr and they can't defeat Hizballah even in their dreams.

The Syrian gov. is preparing for operation on Aleppo and it might ask for Hizb's help in some fields... They carried out this bombing with an organized plan told by their masters in Turkey (& their western allies) to prevent Hizb from taking part... that is how I read it.

Nothing is going to change... the war in Aleppo will not going to be called off because of a few cowards exploding bombs amongst civilians in Lebanon or Damascus. That is totally a childish calculation by the Takfiris and their infidel advisors!

• Veteran Member

No specific accent. He uses a very standard Arabic with no specific dialectical words that could give away where he is from.

Well, there are tens of clues in the video to lead very close to the origin of these people...but one needs to be familiar with the local areas/social life of the people... might be easy for the local spying agencies.

• Advanced Member

What does this mean? Lebanon at war now? :(

Pretty much. 

Hizbullah attacked on foreign soil and the foreigners will attack on Lebanon's soil - pretty simple formula.

This is Hizbullah's doing, they made a huge mistake attacking on foreign soil. As predicted:

Anyways, good luck with your idol Assad, hope he's worth the many that will die because of him, especially in Lebanon.   

Edited by Ugly Jinn
  • Advanced Member

Such attacks are the result of Hizbullah's blatant disregard for the aspirations of the Syrian people. It is time for the people, who are being subjugated by the rule of Nasrallah, to rise up and overthrow the militia group. Do not let Hizbulla make Lebanon another Syria!

• Advanced Member

What? I thought the Shi'as of Ameer ul Mumineen (as) vanquished them in Jamal. After a good old thousand years, we will meet them again in Jamal II, the Return of the Mother!

Such attacks are the result of Hizbullah's blatant disregard for the aspirations of the Syrian people. It is time for the people, who are being subjugated by the rule of Nasrallah, to rise up and overthrow the militia group. Do not let Hizbulla make Lebanon another Syria!

Overthrow what? the bomb exploded in a Shi'i dominated stronghold of Hizbollah, not the Sunni Ummayad Square. Someone is living in a dreamland. Its time Hezbollah go wahabi hunting in Lebanon ;)