Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Hezbollah Seeking To Paralyze Lebanon

Rate this topic

BEIRUT: Lebanese Forces leader Samir Geagea accused Hezbollah Thursday of seeking to paralyze the state in Lebanon.

"Hezbollah is a mini-state within the Lebanese state, and this mini-state contributes to impeding the formation of a successful state,” Geagea told a delegation of Lebanese expatriates affiliated with the LF.

“It is actually seeking to paralyze the state,” he said about Hezbollah.

Geagea also said he thinks Hezbollah is trying to keep the country in a state of paralysis by not holding elections or forming a government.

“Hezbollah’s involvement in war and fighting in Syria plunges Lebanon into fire and we don’t know how and when it will end,” he said.

Separately, the National Liberal Party headed by Dory Chamoun called on Hezbollah to end its military intervention in Syria.

In a statement Thursday, the NLP urged Hezbollah “to abide by the Baabda Declaration and withdraw from Syria.”

Chamoun's party joins a slate of major political figures to call for Hezbollah's withdrawal from Syria including President Michel Sleiman.

Read more: http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Lebanon-News/2013/Aug-08/226751-hezbollah-seeking-to-paralyze-lebanon-geagea.ashx#ixzz2bU83JXRi

(The Daily Star :: Lebanon News :: http://www.dailystar.com.lb)

• Advanced Member

My God, do you know who Samir Geagea is?!?!?! He is the biggest crook, liar, and murderer on this side of the Mississippi. The fact that he is not in jail is the largest travesty of justice I've ever seen. Compare the likes of him to Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah and you'll get a better idea of which side of this conflict is in the right.

Please dont ever mention this game on this forum, let alone give him an ounce of respect from your ear.

As for the accusations, please! I swear people in Lebanon like to pretend that their sovereignty is not under constant threat from Israel and the United States. The threat has been proven over and over again, and Hezbollah has proven that it is the only force that can oppose them.

No, rather Hezbollah's opponents are either incredibly naive, or care nothing about Lebanon and only their business interests which would improve under a society enslaved by the IMF and the West.

• Advanced Member

BEIRUT: Lebanese Forces leader Samir Geagea accused Hezbollah Thursday of seeking to paralyze the state in Lebanon.

"Hezbollah is a mini-state within the Lebanese state, and this mini-state contributes to impeding the formation of a successful state,” Geagea told a delegation of Lebanese expatriates affiliated with the LF.

“It is actually seeking to paralyze the state,” he said about Hezbollah.

Geagea also said he thinks Hezbollah is trying to keep the country in a state of paralysis by not holding elections or forming a government.

“Hezbollah’s involvement in war and fighting in Syria plunges Lebanon into fire and we don’t know how and when it will end,” he said.

Separately, the National Liberal Party headed by Dory Chamoun called on Hezbollah to end its military intervention in Syria.

In a statement Thursday, the NLP urged Hezbollah “to abide by the Baabda Declaration and withdraw from Syria.”

Chamoun's party joins a slate of major political figures to call for Hezbollah's withdrawal from Syria including President Michel Sleiman.

Read more: http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Lebanon-News/2013/Aug-08/226751-hezbollah-seeking-to-paralyze-lebanon-geagea.ashx#ixzz2bU83JXRi

(The Daily Star :: Lebanon News :: http://www.dailystar.com.lb)

3aj3aj is responsible for the murder of the ex-PM of Lebanon, Rashid Karami. Funny how he gets to run around after having been convicted and sentenced in Lebanon.

Puppets spousing their masters views. Anyone one with a working brain cell can tell that they have solely hezbullah to thank, that lebanon is not another palestine.

Apparently lots of Lebanese do not see it this way. They wish to live in peace and fear the warmongers of Hizbollah more than Israel. Has the idea ever occurred to you that Israel would not mind making a peace agreement with Lebanon? Why not try to find out the conditions for such a agreement? I mean it is normal for countries - especially neighbour countries to at least recognise each other and exchange embassies. Except Hizbollah, what are the obstacles for Israel and Lebanon to have diplomatis relations?

• Advanced Member

Apparently lots of Lebanese do not see it this way. They wish to live in peace and fear the warmongers of Hizbollah more than Israel. Has the idea ever occurred to you that Israel would not mind making a peace agreement with Lebanon? Why not try to find out the conditions for such a agreement? I mean it is normal for countries - especially neighbour countries to at least recognise each other and exchange embassies. Except Hizbollah, what are the obstacles for Israel and Lebanon to have diplomatis relations?

Well um there are many reasons why Israel and Lebanon shouldn't have diplomatic relations, one of them being the number of massacres committed against the lebanese people an example of this is Qana massacre.

And Hezbollah the warmongers, LOL! that's the biggest rubbish i've heard in a long time.

Edited by syeduddin

Well um there are many reasons why Israel and Lebanon shouldn't have diplomatic relations, one of them being the number of massacres committed against the lebanese people an example of this is Qana massacre.

And Hezbollah the warmongers, LOL! that's the biggest rubbish i've heard in a long time.

I think diplomatic relations could be a way to avoid that massacres and other tragedies happened again. But I can understand the wish for revenge. And of course warmongers know how to make use of such feelings. But maybe now Hizbollah are satisfied with fighting their Sunni brothers.

• Advanced Member

I think diplomatic relations could be a way to avoid that massacres and other tragedies happened again. But I can understand the wish for revenge. And of course warmongers know how to make use of such feelings. But maybe now Hizbollah are satisfied with fighting their Sunni brothers.

I can't wait until the Salafists return from Syria to Sweden. Then we'll see what you have to say about these "Sunni brothers".

I can't wait until the Salafists return from Syria to Sweden. Then we'll see what you have to say about these "Sunni brothers".

The only thing the sunni brothers are good for in Sweden is raping young women....haram....I hope the Syrian Army and Abu Fadl al Abbas kill them all before they get the chance to go anywhere. 

Edited by ImAli
  • Advanced Member

The only thing the sunni brothers are good for in Sweden is raping young women....haram....I hope the Syrian Army and Abu Fadl al Abbas kill them all before they get the chance to go anywhere. 

It's sad really. One second they'll preach about religion, the next second they'll try to justify criminal behaviour through religion. Embarrassing.

• Advanced Member

Is anyone still doubting that Hoppsan is hejsansvejsan the member banned for calling the prophet a pedophile?

I don't know about hejsansvejsan, but Hoppsan doesn't look to be Muslim.

Anyways, the mods (when they will wake up *cought* *cought*) should do an investigation.

• Advanced Member

Apparently lots of Lebanese do not see it this way. They wish to live in peace and fear the warmongers of Hizbollah more than Israel.

yes its those dumb lebanese i am talking about. Thankfully they are minority, as lebanon would def. be another palestine, another colony of israel if they had their way.

Has the idea ever occurred to you that Israel would not mind making a peace agreement with Lebanon?

errr nope. Judging by its past violations, israel has no concept of 'peace agreement' and 'national borders'. They only believe in occupation and land grabbing. The only countries they do have 'peace agreements' with are heavily bribed dictators; via 'US aid' who dont think twice over repressing their own nations over bags of monies.. I.e. egypt and jordan.

Why not try to find out the conditions for such a agreement? I mean it is normal for countries - especially neighbour countries to at least recognise each other and exchange embassies.

The problem is you assume israel is 'normal' when It is anything but. Why would you even want any relations with a criminal entity? Its like offerring your hand to a bunch of snakes, they will bite off the hand you are offering.

Except Hizbollah, what are the obstacles for Israel and Lebanon to have diplomatis relations?

Err.... israel..and its criminal policies? Jesus wept...at the stupidity! Edited by Asr

yes its those dumb lebanese i am talking about. Thankfully they are minority, as lebanon would def. be another palestine, another colony of israel if they had their way.

errr nope. Judging by its past violations, israel has no concept of 'peace agreement' and 'national borders'. They only believe in occupation and land grabbing. The only countries they do have 'peace agreements' with are heavily bribed dictators; via 'US aid' who dont think twice over repressing their own nations over bags of monies.. I.e. egypt and jordan.

The problem is you assume israel is 'normal' when It is anything but. Why would you even want any relations with a criminal entity? Its like offerring your hand to a bunch of snakes, they will bite off the hand you are offering.

Err.... israel..and its criminal policies? Jesus wept...at the stupidity!

I just wanted to point out that Hizbollah does not represent all lebanese. Those who dislike Hizbollah are maybe a minority, but it is a considerably large minority. And you say they are all dumb?!!! You know, just because a person does not share your opinion, this does not necessarily mean he is dumb. Have you ever asked yourself why they dislike Hizbollah? Maybe they have good reasons. One of the reasons that I have heard from Christian Lebanese is that they fear the islamic agenda. They do not wish do live under islamic Sharia. After all Israel is a democracy. It is a lot more normal than Lebanon. Or do you think it is normal for a country to have different armies for different religions? It depends of course on the definition of "normal". But despite all its flaws, I would say Israel is more normal than all its totalitarian neighbours. Jordan and Egypt are not the only corrupt states in ME. Actually corruption seems to be an intrinsic part of the system in muslim countries. I cannot see that Israel is any more criminal than any of its neighbours. So as Lebanon can have relations with them - why not with Israel?

• Advanced Member

I just wanted to point out that Hizbollah does not represent all lebanese. Those who dislike Hizbollah are maybe a minority, but it is a considerably large minority. And you say they are all dumb?!!! You know, just because a person does not share your opinion, this does not necessarily mean he is dumb. Have you ever asked yourself why they dislike Hizbollah? Maybe they have good reasons. One of the reasons that I have heard from Christian Lebanese is that they fear the islamic agenda. They do not wish do live under islamic Sharia. After all Israel is a democracy. It is a lot more normal than Lebanon. Or do you think it is normal for a country to have different armies for different religions? It depends of course on the definition of "normal". But despite all its flaws, I would say Israel is more normal than all its totalitarian neighbours. Jordan and Egypt are not the only corrupt states in ME. Actually corruption seems to be an intrinsic part of the system in muslim countries. I cannot see that Israel is any more criminal than any of its neighbours. So as Lebanon can have relations with them - why not with Israel?

LOL! Israel a democracy what a deluded thing to say, you are probably some Israeli kid sitting behind his computer trying to justice the criminal actions of a fake nation built on continuous lies. If those minorities had their way then half of Lebanon would have been a Israeli colony as a member has already stated also its interesting that you use a christian lebanese as an example because recently christian youths from Lebanon sent Hassan Nasrallah a letter saying

His Eminence Sayyed, we are a group of Christians youth we are fed up seeing our people, our religion are being killed, our archbishops being kidnapped, our girls being raped and the Cross instilled in their mouths by the hands of these barbarians, the Salafis and Takfiris who are not related to Islam in anything. the smell of death is smelting from everywhere. They are bringing destruction to our Middle East and all this is happening under the eyes of United Nations and the Christian of Europe."

http://www.shiitenews.com/index.php/lebanon/7597-message-from-christians-youth-to-his-eminence-sayyid-hassan-nasrallah (Rest of the letter)

• Advanced Member

I think the main goal of hezbollah's fighting in Syria is to get them battle harden for the final battle that will eventually anhialate the state of Israel the way we know it today. Israel has layed down all their chips in the wahabi, takfiri basket, like the takfiris failed in Iraq, they will fail even more miserably in Syria and Lebanon.

LOL! Israel a democracy what a deluded thing to say, you are probably some Israeli kid sitting behind his computer trying to justice the criminal actions of a fake nation built on continuous lies. If those minorities had their way then half of Lebanon would have been a Israeli colony as a member has already stated also its interesting that you use a christian lebanese as an example because recently christian youths from Lebanon sent Hassan Nasrallah a letter saying

His Eminence Sayyed, we are a group of Christians youth we are fed up seeing our people, our religion are being killed, our archbishops being kidnapped, our girls being raped and the Cross instilled in their mouths by the hands of these barbarians, the Salafis and Takfiris who are not related to Islam in anything. the smell of death is smelting from everywhere. They are bringing destruction to our Middle East and all this is happening under the eyes of United Nations and the Christian of Europe."

http://www.shiitenews.com/index.php/lebanon/7597-message-from-christians-youth-to-his-eminence-sayyid-hassan-nasrallah (Rest of the letter)

No, I am definitely not justyfying the criminal actions of Israel. But I don't think its arabic neighbours are any better. And on which grounds do you claime that Israel is not a democracy and that it is a fake state? Which are your criterions for democracy and real states? And could you present any facts behind your statement that Israel has the ambition to make Lebanon an israeli colony? Facts are more interesting than guesses and theories. But guesses may also be interesting as long as they are not contradicted by facts. I know there are also Christians who side with Hizbollah. My guess is that they feel that Shia Islam is less evil than Sunni Islam. And seeing the crimes of Alqaida and other fanatic Sunni organisations, I can have some understanding for this. But most Lebanese that I have met, don't like Islam at all. One of them inviten me to visit Beirut to see the difference between the Muslim and Christian parts. She said in the Muslim parts you will be harrassed if you don't wear hijab and many women even wear niqab. In the Christian parts business is thriving and there are restaurants and pubs where you can enjoy a beer or a good wine. But lots of Christians leave the country because they feel threatened by the Muslims. So Lebanon used to be better before, she said.

• Moderators

Hezb has been in Lebanon for 30 years and has never tried to impose Islamic Law (sharia). Since 2000, when they kicked out Israel, they have been powerful enough to take over the government (even secular Western political analysts agree with that) 

They have never tried to do that. They are satisfied to exist within a parlimentary, multi-party system. If you think Hezb is trying to impose Sharia law, I'm pretty sure you have never been to Lebanon. Even in the Southern Suburbs of Beirut, where Hezb controls 100% and there is no challenger for them, you see women walking around in shorts skirts, you see discarded beer bottles on the street, you hear haram music blasting out of car windows. I actually wish they would be a little stricter about this, at least in areas where it is majority Shia. Lebanon is not Iran, despite all the propaganda to the contrary. They realize that Lebanon is a pluralistic society with many different religions and groups. What works in Iran, as far as government, will not work in Lebanon, at the present time. The only people who don't realize that and continue to repeat the tired line, 'Hezb is trying to impose sharia law', first doesn't understand what Sharia law is and second doesn't understand anything about Lebanon. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

Lebanon is not Iran. And the leaders of Hizbolah are pragmatic and I must admit they also seem competent. I don't know their agenda. It seems to have changed over the years. But isn't it correct that the leaders used to be followers of Khomeini? Aren't they still? Or when did it become a secular party? Just the name- Gods Party - indicates that it is not secular.

And if Hizbollah is satisfied to exist within a parliamentary multiparty system, why do they insist on keeping an army of their own, outside the control of that system?

• Moderators

Lebanon is not Iran. And the leaders of Hizbolah are pragmatic and I must admit they also seem competent. I don't know their agenda. It seems to have changed over the years. But isn't it correct that the leaders used to be followers of Khomeini? Aren't they still? Or when did it become a secular party? Just the name- Gods Party - indicates that it is not secular.

And if Hizbollah is satisfied to exist within a parliamentary multiparty system, why do they insist on keeping an army of their own, outside the control of that system?

It is not a secular party, and they do follow Imam Khomeni(ra), but just because they follow Imam Khomeni(ra) does not mean they are trying to copy what he did in Iran in Lebanon. They are intelligent and practical and are in touch with the different groups in Lebanon, including the Christians, Druze, Sunni, etc. They are Lebanese and grew up in Lebanon and understand the society and how it functions, which is different from how the Iranian society functions. They are primarily a defense force, to defend Lebanon against Israel agression. They are not a government or a quasi government. That is beyond the scope of their mission. They do have representatives in the Lebanese government, but so do all the other parties. In terms of government, they are simply one of many voices. That's all. 

The Iranian Revolution led by Imam Khomeni(ra) became a government only because there was an election and the vast majority of Iranians chose an Islamic Government to be led by Imam Khomeni. He was elected with more than 80% of the vote. That is unlike most western leaders, who are elected with not even 50% of the vote and shortly after that their approval rating goes way below 50% once they start to implement their policies which most disagree with. 

An election like that, i.e. to make an Islamic Government in Lebanon will probably never happen, at least not in the near future. Hezb realizes that and respects it and tries to work within the current system that exists. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

It is not a secular party, and they do follow Imam Khomeni(ra)............. 

An election like that, i.e. to make an Islamic Government in Lebanon will probably never happen, at least not in the near future. Hezb realizes that and respects it and tries to work within the current system that exists.

So it will not happen because the leaders of Hizbollah are intelligent enough to realise that they do not have enough support. But this is what they wish, isn't it? And if the majority is big enough - you mentioned 80% - it is OK to oppress the minorities?

You did not answer my question why the elected government has not been given the authority over the Hizbollah army. Don't you think the government represents the lebanese people? Or do you mean it is Gods army, so the people cannot be allowed to control it? And God has appointed the leaders of his army?

• Moderators

There is no such thing as 100% agreement in the real world. Whatever policy a group or government pursues, there will always be a minority who will disagree, this is human nature. At the same time, if an overwhelming majority agree with a certain policy of a group (I think 80% is an overwhelming majority) then that means that group or that policy has the consent of the people, basically. 

The government of Lebanon does not necessarily represent the people of Lebanon, but that is the best we have at the moment. 

Most Lebanese realize that most government position in Lebanon are 'inherited' positions passed down within families (Rafikh Hariri and Saad Hariri are prime examples of this) and so they represent the minority interests of these families but most of the Lebanese are excluded from government representation. So these small but powerful families (Such as the Hariri clan) get their power from money and resources that they collect from abroad(Saudi, Europe, U.S, etc)The main concern of these clans (such as the Hariris) is to keep the money and resources flowing from abroad, so they will take any position that will please their masters outside Lebanon. In one sense, Hezb is part of this same system, since they receive a large amount of money and resources from outside the country, i.e. Iran. At the same time, these money and resources given by Iran go directly to benefit the Lebanese people as a whole, i.e. by keeping a strong barrier against another Israeli occupation which noone in Lebanon wants again whereas the money and resources given to the clans (such as the Hariri clan) go almost exclusively to benefit this small clan and make them very wealthy but this wealth does not 'trickle down' to the Lebanese people, most of whom are poor and live on incomes less than $300 (USD) per month. 

The events going on in Lebanon surrounding the 'arms of Hezb' and them being an entity that is independent of the Lebanese Army (although they do work with the Lebanese army on many operations but their command structure is partially outside ) is mostly a concern of these entities abroad (such as U.S and Europe who don't want any challenge to their ally Israel should Israel decide to reoccupy Lebanon). The Lebanese people are not concerned with this issue since they don't see any harm from Hezb having arms, since they don't use these arms against the Lebanese people (any group) and they benefit by Hezb having these arms since they are a deterrant for Israel. 

So the money given by Iran go to the Lebanese people as a whole? What about the people who voted for Hariri and other Sunni or Christian leaders? Or do you mean they are less than 20%, so no reason to bother about them? And what about the resources used to fighting against Sunnis in Syria (are you sure they have never been used against Sunnis or Christians in Lebanon)?

And if the lebanese people (or at least 80 %) are satisfied with Hizbollah, would'nt it be OK to introduce Sharia and oppress the unimportant minorities?

• Moderators

First, when did I ever say 80% agree in Lebanon ?  I was talking about the Iranian election in 1979, which we have data for. If you read my first post on the thread, I said probably an election like the one in Iran will probably never happen in Lebanon in the near future. According to what I know, probably the majority approve of what Hezb is doing, but I don't know if it's 80%. There is no evidence and getting that sort of evidence would be very difficult (if you know anything about Lebanon). There is anecdotal evidence as far as support, numbers who show up at rallies, number of comments after major speeches, events, etc. 

The weapons have never been used against the Sunnis or Christians, as a policy. There have been a few skirmishes in which Hezb was attacked by Future movement (Harriri clan militants) and the Lebanese Army was attacked by Al Qaida (such as the recent incident with Assir). They defended themselves and did whatever they could to limit casualties. I would say less than 100 Lebanese have died in these skirmishes (this is counting both sides) since 2000 whereas Hezb, just in the 2006 war, killed several thousand Israeli troops. So everyone in Lebanon knows where their focus is and who their enemy is, clue, it's not the Lebanese people. Yes, this benefits all Lebanese by keeping the enemy out of the country. 

Edited by Abu Hadi

First, when did I ever say 80% agree in Lebanon ?  

Yes, this benefits all Lebanese by keeping the enemy out of the country.

you wrote:

"The Lebanese people are not concerned with this issue as they see no harm from Hezb having arms......."

So you mean all Lebanese find it OK that Hezb has harms? Or only 80 %?

At least the Lebanese I have met do not find it OK. This is one of the reasons they left their country. And they blaim Hezb for starting the war 2006. So many Lebanese suffered because of this unnecessary war.

• Advanced Member

you wrote:

"The Lebanese people are not concerned with this issue as they see no harm from Hezb having arms......."

So you mean all Lebanese find it OK that Hezb has harms? Or only 80 %?

At least the Lebanese I have met do not find it OK. This is one of the reasons they left their country. And they blaim Hezb for starting the war 2006. So many Lebanese suffered because of this unnecessary war.

Oh And these lebanese who blame hizbullah for starting the war, are they the same nuts who believe they want to bring in sharia? If so i would change your news source, they seem quite ignorant.

When hizbullah came into power back in 2007, they were supported by the largest christian political party called the 'free patriotic movement'. You wouldnt get that for a party that wants to impose sharia on everyone.

Khoury's victory is a reflection of the popularity of his patron, Michel Aoun, a charismatic and enigmatic former general who heads the country's largest Christian political party, the Free Patriotic Movement. Aoun's popularity confounds any attempt to read Lebanon as a battlefield in a "clash of civilizations," because he and his party are openly allied with Hizballah, the Iran-backed Shi'ite Muslim political party and anti-Israeli militia that leads the opposition.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1650192,00.html

As for arms, the lebanese army is somewhat inept; hezbullah works alongside them in defending the country from israel as well from various militias within lebanon. In this context; the cabinet drafted and accepted a policy unanimously for hezbullah to retain its arms and and its right to liberate occupied lands.

So they are a legitmately armed resistant group with the support of those who were elected by the majority, and not the few plebs who reside outside lebanon, feeding off western israeli and gulf arab news reel. They are the only ones that cannot stomach hezbullahs power, either for israels sake or for sectarian reasons..

Edited by Asr