Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
fibonacci

Formal School Education

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

Those of you who live in west and want to send their kids to a public or even private school...... think it through very carefully.

Don't be naive and just do what every other parent does.

Don't think they're going there to learn something useful..... they're not, simple as that.

There is a high probability that the social peer pressure in these schools is going to spoil them, corrupt them, hurt them physically, hurt them psychologically, make them social outcasts...etc.  The teachers will do everything they can (unintentionally) to dumb your child down, so they never reach their intellectual potential (http://www.deliberatedumbingdown.com/MomsPDFs/DDDoA.sml.pdf).

I remember, at ~grade 3, the boys were sharing links to adult websites, sharing adult-content magazines, talking about adult shows...etc.  By grade 6/7 you can see your fellow male classmates becoming physically weak, constantly confused, lacking energy,  ...etc.   while all the girls were getting the higher grades.

You send your kids in an enviroment like this, don't be suprised that later they become like this or fight with you constantly.  Or if you look at other threads, you see young shias commiting major sins.   These are the consequences of the parent's poor decisions, and I would go as far as saying you will have a share in their sins.

Your kids don't belong to you.  They belong to Allah.  Allah is simply giving you premission to raise them, feed them, ...etc.  They have rights, you are not allowed to make them suffer.

Most importantly, do not force your kids to go into an enviroment where they're in close proximaty with the opposite gender.... at a time when they're going through puberty and their hormones are surging.

In the past, formal education stopped at ~ grade 8, just before full puberty.... and not only did they learn the basics of writing, reading and math  thereby being confident enought to start working or taking up an apprecintship.... but they wouldn't become distracted in gaining knowledge (through work), which helped them gain vital skills by age 18 where they earn good salary are capable of settling down with a wife.

So what can you do?

Homeschool.... if you can't afford it, then try online schooling, and it is free.  They'll pay for the computer, internect connection, ...etc.

Here is the link

http://www.k12.com/

Your kids will be at home, with their mother, they can quickly finish highschool with little distraction.  Then they can quickly go start their career, perhaps taking up an apprenticeship, gaining real skills where they can be productive.  Inshallah.

Edited by fibonacci

why just homeschool them when you can :Shia-school (SS) them .

SS is the most advance and latest trend for those fringe dwellers that seriously want to prepare their kids for the servitude of their beloved :Al-Hujjat (as) .

SS takes you further than just homeschooling which was started by crazy Christian fundamentalists that wanted their kids to grow up like Jesus , which is really unrealistic these days , since he did not have a family and raise them according his own laws.

In SS , we learn that family is everything , and when we say family , we meant the glorious :Ahylul-Bayt (as).

The :Quran , the books of our :Imams (as) and the vast collection of the books of the :Ulemas are more than enough to raise your kids to be true :Shias.

SS is the evolution in homeschooling, whereas homeschooling just mimics the 20,000 year outdated , brain numbing , slave education .

Most homeschooling these days is done with a hippie vegan all for natural (make love not war ) mother who has no idea on the realities of life and the outside world.

SS gives interaction on a daily basis , where the kids interact with not only the mother but the father.

And the kids can enjoy company of :Malikas , as they are present during such times when the glorious :Quran is recited.

And they can even communicate directly with :Al-Hujjat (as) , and ask him  questions .

They feel part of a greater family , away from the influences of other families like those of the :Bani-Ummayyads (la) that has dominated all schools and Universities.

Finally whats the point  in homeshcooling your kids for the sake of a  JOB ( Just On Broke ) and be  a debt-slave to the :Bani-Ummayyads (la) . 

They get you one way or the other .

SS the latest in raising your kids towards :Al-Hujjat (as) .

So go ahead , pick up the phone , get on the list , your kid might be amongst the 313 :Inshallah.

Edited by :Sami II

(Salam)

I don't think anyone can come and say that one method is the correct method and should be applied by everyone in all cases. These things will differ from parent to parent, community to community due to different variables involved.

I've thought about this a bit personally, and have decided that I would prefer to home-school my kids. I stopped buying into arguments such as "they won't develop self confidence", "they will become social outcasts" etc. I have seen some amazing individuals who were home-schooled and you would never have been able to guess that.

Of course it is not practical for everyone or even worth it. You would need a strong parent for this task as well.

I would have loved to send them to a Muslim or even a Shi'a-specific school, and we actually even have a few in the Greater Toronto Area. Some of them are fairly new, while the result I have seen from others aren't the greatest. Perhaps because none of them are high-schools which is a defining age and where the most damage can happen to a youth.

One other point I do want to mention though is that, no matter where the kid goes, if they are brought up strongly at home, they should be relatively speaking good to go (of course there are exceptions). Most cases in the community with kids getting messed up due to school influence usually also involve a case of negligent parents.

Wassalam

Please note .SS , :Shia-Schooling is conducted in a home , that is a place of security and peace .

This is done privately , away from any governmental restrictions .

I am not referring to private schooling disguised as SHIA schools that teach nothing more than any other schools with an artificial flavour of shiaism.

Shiaism is not the teachings of the glorious :Ahylul-Bayt (as) .

Homeschooling is it's core is the same as sending your kids to other schools minus the other  kids.

Aal-e-Imran 

parent is not the same as a mother or father , parent can be a corporation or an agency , a mother , father , :Aba etc is living .

children is also defined as dead fiction entities that an agency or corporation can have . It is not the same as a baby , kid , little one etc.

Be careful of the words you use .

When you refer to yourself as a parent and you refer to your babies as children , you place yourself and the family under the jurisdiction of governmental agencies.

Simpel proof , in Australia , when you register the birth of your baby , in the application form there is a separate section for the Aborigines .

As they are considered living sovereign beings , on the application they are referred to as mother, father and baby .

All others are parents and child.

Be very careful of WORDS , because when you move the s from the end and put it at the front , it spells SWORD , and this is the power of words.

there is a shia primary school about to open in manchester pretty soon, maybe in the next few years even a high school....i know where my future kids will be going if that is the case.

i dont have a problem with private education though; maybe the problem is that if parents leave schools to raise their kids for them, then obviously their kids will be raised like their peers. if parents actually start giving a damn and talking and spending time with their kids outside school, then parents will have a much stronger role in the raising of their children.

there is a shia primary school about to open in manchester pretty soon, maybe in the next few years even a high school....i know where my future kids will be going if that is the case.

Really? Where abouts is it opening and how soon? Please send me any information you know about this.

I wish i had gone to an all girl secondary school. I know they probably have their issues too, but i imagine it to be a much less disruptive environment.

I wish i had gone to an all girl secondary school. I know they probably have their issues too, but i imagine it to be a much less disruptive environment.

I went to an all girls secondary school for 2 years, girls are Not less disruptive but the only thing is there was so few of us in the whole school i think about (500/600) so it didnt seem as chaotic compared with mixed secondary schools which usually hold a minimum of 1500 students.

Salam Alaikom,

Thank you for this topic as I think the most important issue that we should address for those who have kids or are going to have kids is schooling.

I volunteer at a islamic school Shia in California  and I am saddened to say that I simply despise so called "Shias". After working there for several years, I have come to the conclusion that the reason why us shias are so oppressed and hurt is because of ourselves. We simply are 2faced people that only think about ourselves and never want to support each other. 

All we (shias) look for is to make people happy as opposed to making God happy. Its really sad, but we are also illogical and stupid. We don't look at something and think about it ourselves, but rather we see if the majority go with it. If the majority doesn't go with it, then that means "There must be something wrong!" We simply go with the flow. How many people were with Imam Hossein?? Majority?? ... NO!

At this school, most of the parents are non- religious, non - shia who bring there children for academics and morals. Shia parents are willing to put their children in public, non islamic schools, but never ever put their children in Islamic Shia school. The people that would and are still talking badly of the school are shia parents. 

So a whole bunch of you on here are saying ur only choice is either homeschool or shia school, but when the time really comes, will you honestly have the will power to put ur child in the islamic shia school or will u be concerned because of majority and other people's mouths!

Having that said, we are not shia, we just call ourselves shia. If we were shia we wouldn't act like this, so I don't despise real "Shias". 

the sole purpose of schools whether be homeschooling or shia private schooling is to get a job.

It makes your kid  smart enough to work the machines and dumb enough to have critical thinking.

it makes your kid into a debt slave , programmed to be plugged in to this artificial world that is void of any reality .

This programming creates robots and not humans.

:Al-Hujjat (as) has no use for such people.

Edited by :Sami II

While home-schooling can be an excellent idea, most of the reasons listed here are reactionary mumbo-jumbo. Your kids will not turn out to be drug dealers and fornicators if you give them adequate amounts of love and discipline. Go ahead and look at Google's search stats to see that Muslim countries--where schools are most often segregated--top sexually explicit searches. No amount of control you wish to exert on your children will discourage their innate curiosity. If the reason for home-schooling is stifling socialization rather than the quality of education, your children will grow up to be fragile socially and emotionally.

the sole purpose of schools whether be homeschooling or shia private schooling is to get a job.

It makes your kid  smart enough to work the machines and dumb enough to have critical thinking.

it makes your kid into a debt slave , programmed to be plugged in to this artificial world that is void of any reality .

This programming creates robots and not humans.

:Al-Hujjat (as) has no use for such people.

While you may sound eccentric sometimes, I can't argue against this. I will raise any children I have Insha Allah myself, using the Quran and ahadith. I will not let the system enslave him. 

I've met a couple of people who have raised their children to be absolute geniuses and independent at an early age. For example, I know a couple who's 12 year old son was going to college in New Zealand. And he was studying for free (no loans whatsoever). 

I've also noticed that conventional textbooks used in schools as well as many in colleges don't even teach inventive thinking. For example, I have yet to find a physics course textbook in any college so far that teaches principles of antigravity or what is informally known as the Hutchison Effect.

Edited by HellHound

While you may sound eccentric sometimes, I can't argue against this. I will raise any children I have Insha Allah myself, using the Quran and ahadith. I will not let the system enslave him. 

I've met a couple of people who have raised their children to be absolute geniuses and independent at an early age. For example, I know a couple who's 12 year old son was going to college in New Zealand. And he was studying for free (no loans whatsoever). 

I've also noticed that conventional textbooks used in schools as well as many in colleges don't even teach inventive thinking. For example, I have yet to find a physics course textbook in any college so far that teaches principles of antigravity or what is informally known as the Hutchison Effect.

cool bro , does he support he all blacks and do the haka ?

I have much respect for the maori people and their tribes.

It's also good to see fathers involved in the teaching of their kids.

Most mothers have no idea of the realities of today .

cool bro , does he support he all blacks and do the haka ?

I have much respect for the maori people and their tribes.

It's also good to see fathers involved in the teaching of their kids.

Most mothers have no idea of the realities of today .

LOL