Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Mommin

Can Marriage Really Complete Half Of Your Religion

Rate this topic

Salam alaykum

I have heard many times from religious people that marriage completes half of your religion as it kinds of safeguards a person from comitting sins, but does it really?

I have seen people struggle to find a life partner and when they do they just struggle with each other, or some it has lead to problems and divorce.

Marriage is not wajib so why the pressure to push to marry as quickly as possible, surely patience is required in this important step.

Prophet Isa (as) was a great man but did not marry and he lived all his life in a pious and religious manner, and also from prophet Yusuf on how he was able to control himself when women were all over him....

Even some great speakers like sayed Ammar Nakshawani is living a great life without marriage, travelling the world and enjoying himself...

So is marriage that vital in our lives besides ofcourse when wanting to have kids..?

What do you lot think..?

Ws

Edited by Mommin

Its not what we think, for you to define or justify your own decisions in life. If you wish not to embark on this one aspect of life, then don't do it. Just make sure you understand the possible attacks of both the mental and social aspects.

Mental - humans by nature are social, so understanding ones own mind in regards to being with the opposite gender and having an outlet of certain natural emotions and energy.

Social - society may question your gender, sexual orientation or physical aspect. ( illness, poverty etc. ).

Salam alaykum

I have heard many times from religious people that marriage completes half of your religion as it kinds of safeguards a person from comitting sins, but does it really?

I have seen people struggle to find a life partner and when they do they just struggle with each other, or some it has lead to problems and divorce.

Marriage is not wajib so why the pressure to push to marry as quickly as possible, surely patience is required in this important step.

Prophet Isa (as) was a great man but did not marry and he lived all his life in a pious and religious manner, and also from prophet Yusuf on how he was able to control himself when women were all over him....

Even some great speakers like sayed Ammar Nakshawani is living a great life without marriage, travelling the world and enjoying himself...

So is marriage that vital in our lives besides ofcourse when wanting to have kids..?

What do you lot think..?

Ws

There really isn't any pressure to get married in today's day and age. It depends on the circumstance really, for example let's say if you want to finish your degree first and have a stable finance or let's say you met someone who you possibly can't live without now. But yes, marriage does protect you from sin. But then again that's all about your own willpower and beliefs, people only say marry as soon as possible to teenagers mostly of today. As we live in an oversexualized age where all you see is sex everywhere, so ofcourse people would reccomend marriage. As it would save you from these sins of the flesh and in turn also make you responsible. Varies on your beliefs, willpower and ideaology really.

If you marry someone who makes you feel productive, and encourages you to become a better Muslim, a better father, a better husband; a man of akhlaq, knowledge, and determination, then marriage can complete your deen. If you marry someone who calls you to disobedience, then it can destroy your deen.

Edited by Qa'im

Erm as far as I know he has been divorced at least twice but I don't know if he is married now, he is a great guy so I hope he finds the right person for him....

sayed ammar nakshawani  has a wife and kids :dry:

Where have you guys come to know about this? Sayed Ammar doesn't look more than 30 years of age.

Edited by GodBlessAli

so what? religious guys (to complete their deen)get married at young ages..esp if they come from an arabic background.. :donno:

and btw sayed ammar is 32 years old now,(1981) :)

Edited by Fatima NMA

I also still don't really get this complete half of your deen business? What is the 50% in your deen that's not completed until you are married, I really don't get it? Most Muslim married couples I know today seem to have more of a depressing life due to problems and issues that arise after marriage and they tend to be less religious because of it.

Well, there is another perspective to look at it. Some would say for things to work out, there has to be 1. patience (hard when facing all these problems) 2. akhlaaq (i.e. etiquette, hard when facing all these problems), 3. not lying (hard when facing all these problems), 4. having imaan (i.e. faith) that you weren't cursed (again hard when facing all these problems), etc.

So having patience, faith, showing etiquettes and being truthful during trials is pretty much half the religion (e.g. suratul 'asr). So from that angle, yup, it can complete half the religion (if you stick to the principles), OR on the other hand, it all falls in a heap. :-P

Thank you for the above, but how can you find out if someone is patient, generous, and has good akhlaq if you just meet them a few times?

You only truly know a person when you actually live with them...

when you ask :Allah swt from your heart to find you a husband /wife , and you ask to find one who will bring you closer to your :Deen .

He will answer your prayers  :Inshallah.

and when you meet him/her , and you will know .

there will be signs when this happens.

with me I am into mathematics , patterns and algorithmic sequences , and when I met  my wives , they all had similar birthdays , and 2 had  same day and month.

For me this was a sign and made me pay attention , as I don't believe in just coincidences.

for you it might be something else , like a place , a time or a certain event that is happening that you feel is significant.

But be careful, what you ask for and read the fine print .

I think God calls each of us to our own individual path... it is about submitting to His will and desire for our lives.

If He wishes for us to marry, then He will bring us a partner.

In my scriptures it says that; 'by all means if you will be consumed by lust, then it is better to marry'... but to serve the Lord it is better not to marry... in order to be able to devote attention solely to His purposes.

I think we must seek what is His will for our lives.

Salaam.

Thank you for the above, but how can you find out if someone is patient, generous, and has good akhlaq if you just meet them a few times?

You only truly know a person when you actually live with them...

Greetings Mommin,

Sometimes marriage is meant for us to learn these things.  We must learn these things for marriage to work.  Cart before horse?  This is why marriage must be about more than a feeling, it must be a commitment.  God uses marriage to grow us as people.  It should never be entered into lightly.

Salaam.

Edited by CLynn

If you marry someone who makes you feel productive, and encourages you to become a better Muslim, a better father, a better husband; a man of akhlaq, knowledge, and determination, then marriage can complete your deen. If you marry someone who calls you to disobedience, then it can destroy your deen.

I thought people should already be all that before they get married. Marriage can hardly transform you into a good muslim or decent human being.

I thought people should already be all that before they get married. Marriage can hardly transform you into a good muslim or decent human being.

How can someone already be a good father and a husband before getting married..? o.o

Greetings Mommin,

Sometimes marriage is meant for us to learn these things.  We must learn these things for marriage to work.  Cart before horse?  This is why marriage must be about more than a feeling, it must be a commitment.  God uses marriage to grow us as people.  It should never be entered into lightly.

Salaam.

Hello CLynn,

100% Agreed!  I learn so much from my husband, and my husband learns a lot from me. We are both growing together in our journey as one flesh, serving God together! Although our roles our different with him being the leader "head" and me being the "heart" of the home, we are both under God's leadership and it is beautiful!!! :)

Peace and God bless you

How can someone already be a good father and a husband before getting married..? o.o

Hello El Cid,

Good question. :)

It's a process that has an obvious beginning. There are however character traits that can help a person in his journey of being a good husband and Dad, like kindness and patience! Kindness and patience are vital for good marriages and parents!

Peace and God bless you

Edited by Christianlady

Of course it completes half. we have hadith saying: anyone who Allah wants to increase in faith he creates love for women. And that the fast of a married person and prayer of a married person is better than that of a single person. I believe this is because it is more effort to do the acts of worship when married and the there is another hadith I recall the harder the deed the better the reward. As for the love of women as we become closer to Allah as well as being just to our wife as justice is an attribute of a faithful person we also have respect for women and the role models holy women such as the holy women of ahlul bayt (as)

Edited by Maitham

Salam alaykum

What do you lot think..?

Ws

depends who u marry lol