Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
ASyeda

Salatul Layl Questions?

Rate this topic

Bismillahir Rahmanir Raheem

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatahu

I have some questions regarding Salatul Layl, if anyone could please clear them up for me.

1) For Nafilah of Layl, since you do a niyyat of 2 rakaats, do you do Tashahud and Salaam after every two rakaats, and then repeat that 4 times? Or do you not do Tashahud and Salaam, and go directly to stand and do the niyyat for the next two rakaats and so on? And should Adhan be recited again each time you repeat a niyyat?

2) After Nafilah of Layl, do you finish with Tashahud and Salaam and then do the niyyat of Salatul Shafa, along with Adhan?

3) After Salatul Shafa, do you finish with Tashahud and Salaam and then do the niyyat of Salatul Witr, along wih Adhan?

4) During the Qunoot of Salatul Witr, since you need a Tasbih and most likely a paper to read your duas from, is it acceptable to keep those items on a nearby table so that when the time comes to use them, you can grab them without moving from your spot of prayer? If not, then where do you keep them?

5) And finally, after Salatul Witr, you do Tashahhud and Salam. But to me, if there are multiple Salaams beforehand (if the answers to questions 1, 2, & 3 are yes), it seems like Salatul Layl is not all one "salat", but rather a combination of 6 (4 two-rakaat-salaats in Nafilah, 1 two-rakaat-salat in Shafa, and 1 one-rakaat-salat in Witr)? Am I right on this?

Thank you for all the help!

Salaam.

(wasalam)

Please read through this guide. More specifically go to 'part 4 - salatul layl'. It should answer all of your questions :) Insha'Allah.

Yes, you send Tashahud and salaams after every 2 rakah of the, total, 8 rakah salatul layl, and then stand up again with the niyyah of the next 2 rakah. Just like praying four back-to-back Fajr salah.

You don't have to recite adhan.

Edited by Kamranistan

1) For Nafilah of Layl, since you do a niyyat of 2 rakaats, do you do Tashahud and Salaam after every two rakaats, and then repeat that 4 times? Or do you not do Tashahud and Salaam, and go directly to stand and do the niyyat for the next two rakaats and so on? And should Adhan be recited again each time you repeat a niyyat? You do as brother Kamranistan have said. Just pray 2 rakats' like fajr, make salam and then a new niyaa and begin the next two rakats.

2) After Nafilah of Layl, do you finish with Tashahud and Salaam and then do the niyyat of Salatul Shafa, along with Adhan? Yes, you finish your nafilah with tashahud and salams (there are mustahab duas you can read go to duas.org It is HARAM to do adhan in these salahs, you can only do adhan in wajib salah and not in mustahab..

3) After Salatul Shafa, do you finish with Tashahud and Salaam and then do the niyyat of Salatul Witr, along wih Adhan? The same as nafilah.

4) During the Qunoot of Salatul Witr, since you need a Tasbih and most likely a paper to read your duas from, is it acceptable to keep those items on a nearby table so that when the time comes to use them, you can grab them without moving from your spot of prayer? If not, then where do you keep them? I heard a Sayed (you can probably find him on youtube) who said, that it is allowed to read from a paper..Put it in your pocket, or something like that..

5) And finally, after Salatul Witr, you do Tashahhud and Salam. But to me, if there are multiple Salaams beforehand (if the answers to questions 1, 2, & 3 are yes), it seems like Salatul Layl is not all one "salat", but rather a combination of 6 (4 two-rakaat-salaats in Nafilah, 1 two-rakaat-salat in Shafa, and 1 one-rakaat-salat in Witr)? Am I right on this? Salat al layl have three sections ie salahs..nafilah', shafa' and witr..It is three salahs, and these salah are divided in to 2 rakats each, (witr is not, because it is 1 rakat)..

Thank you for all the help!

Salaam.

Further questions? Contact www.najaf.org

And Allah knows best..

It is Mustahab for man and woman to say Adhan and Iqamah before offering daily obligatory prayers, but for other Mustahab or obligatory prayers, they are not prescribed. But before prayers of Eid ul Fitr and Eid ul Adha, it is Mustahab to say "As-Salah" three times, provided that the prayers are going to be offered in congregation.

http://www.sistani.org/index.php?p=251364&id=48&pid=2216

Edited by Ali-F

It is Mustahab for man and woman to say Adhan and Iqamah before offering daily obligatory prayers, but for other Mustahab or obligatory prayers, they are not prescribed. But before prayers of Eid ul Fitr and Eid ul Adha, it is Mustahab to say "As-Salah" three times, provided that the prayers are going to be offered in congregation.

http://www.sistani.org/index.php?p=251364&id=48&pid=2216

Does prescribed mean haraam..? As far as I'm aware it doesn't.

If something is not prescribed upon you - can you do it? Anyways, you can contact www.najaf.org for further answer :)

prescribed  past participle, past tense ofpre·scribe (Verb)
Verb
  1. (of a medical practitioner) Advise and authorize the use of (a medicine or treatment) for someone, esp. in writing.
  2. Recommend (a substance or action) as something beneficial.

From what I understand there is no need for it/it may not be beneficial (2.) but doesn't necessarily make it haram?