Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Maula Dha Mallang

Need Arabic Help - Hidden Ayat Of The Quran?

Rate this topic

Salam, Ya Ali Madad and Lanat upon the enemis of the ahlebeyt (as)

please can someone who is fluent in arabic help me with something?

first of all, lets look at the three main english translations of surah 37, verse 130:

SHAKIR

[37.130] Peace be on Ilyas.

YUSUF ALI

37. 130. "Peace and salutation to such as Elias!"

PICKTHALL

037.130 Peace be unto Elias!

however lets look at the actual arabic words:

سَلَامٌ عَلَىٰ إِلْ يَاسِينَ

does that not say "Salaamun alaa aale Yaseen"?

does that means "peace be upon the family of yaseen", yaseen is one of the names of the prophet muhammad (pbuh), so surely this is sending salam upon the ahlebeyt?

am i right or wrong?

Salam

Its about prophet Ilyas (a), not the messenger of Allah sawa

33:56

Pickthall

Lo! Allah and His angels shower blessings on the Prophet. O ye who believe! Ask blessings on him and salute him with a worthy salutation.

Yusuf Ali

Allah and His angels send blessings on the Prophet: O ye that believe! Send ye blessings on him, and salute him with all respect.

Shakir

Surely Allah and His angels bless the Prophet; O you who believe! call for (Divine) blessings on him and salute him with a (becoming) salutation.

Edited by Nima

In the 7 verses before it it becomes apparent it's talking about Elyas/Ilyas/Elias/Elijah and not Ale-Yaseen.

This is not a valid argument.  The verses before 33:33 are talking about the wives of the Muhammad (pbuh) but 33:33 is still only referring to his Ahl al-Bayt (as) and not his wives.  We do not know the order that these verses were revealed.

(bismillah)

In the Tafseer of this verse from the AhlulBait (as) it says that it refers to Aale Muhammad (as). And There are quite a few narration which say this.

فرات قال: حدثني عبيد بن كثير معنعنا: عن ابن عباس رضي الله عنه في قوله تعالى (سلام على آل ياسين) قال: هم آل محمد صلى الله عليه وآله

[source: Tafseer - e - Furat]

حدثنا محمد بن إبراهيم بن إسحاق الطالقاني - رضي الله عنه - قال: حدثنا أبو أحمد عبدالعزيز بن يحيى بن أحمد بن عيسى الجلودي البصري، قال: حدثنا محمد بن سهل قال: حدثنا الخضر بن أبي فاطمة البلخي، قال: حدثنا وهب بن نافع، قال: حدثني كادح(4)، عن الصادق جعفر بن محمد، عن أبيه، عن آبائه عن علي عليهم السلام في قوله عز و جل: " سلام على آل ياسين " قال: ياسين محمد صلى الله عليه واله ونحن آل ياسين

[source: Maani al-Akhbaar - There is a complete chapter named "Meaning of Aale Yaseen" and there are 5 narrations which say the same thing]

Wassalam

Edited by muhibb-ali

(bismillah)

(salam)

Brother, the way it is written it transliterates to 'salaamun 'alaa ilyaasin'

Two interesting points though:

-ilyaas is usually written الياس , it would be interesting to understand why in this case the laam and the yaa are seperate. Perhaps somebody well-versed in Qur'anic arabic has an explanation.

-if the alif was a long alif rather than alif with kasra then it would indeed read aal yaaseen.

It's possible that these points could be explained by rules of tajweed (which I'm not aware of), so it would be worth checking this with someone who is aware of them.

Wallahu A'lam

thanks for the replies guys i appreciate it.

from what i remember, didnt the original quranic text not include any accents, in the old kufic calligraphy style? so is it possible that the words of the quran were therefore changed? if its meant to say aal yaseen but says ilyaseen instead? i cant understand how ilyaseen = ilyaas

Wherever in the Quran Alif and lam (ال) has been used it stands for All (آ ل), eg  Ala firon (آل فرعون), Ala imran (آل عمران) etc.

This confirms that Alif lam (ال) here also stands for All (آ ل). The Aarab of Zer under Alif was given in the time of Hajjaj bin yusuf may be to quote specific meaning for political reasons.

Thats also means Ale yaseen here. Also the quoted hadiths further confirm this fact.

سلام على آل ياسين

Edited by skamran110

(bismillah)

(salam)

Tafseer of the late ayatullah mahdi pooya yazdi (blue text, includes comments for preceding verses as well)

[Pooya/Ali Commentary 37:123]

Prophet Ilyas is mentioned in I Kings 17 and 2 Kings 1 and 2 as Elijah. According to it he lived in the reign of Ahab (896-874 B.C.) and Ahaziah (874-872 B.C.), kings of the northern kingdom of Israil or Samaria. After Musa, the people began to worship Baal, the sun-god worshipped in Syria. Ilyas denounced all sins of Ahab and Ahaziah and warned people to stop the worship of Baal and believe in the true religion of Musa.

Aqa Mahdi Puya says:

"We perpetuated" has been mentioned in verse 108 after the mention of Ibrahim and Ismail who have been described as shi-ahs of Nuh in verse 83, and then in verse 119 it is again mentioned for Musa and Harun, and finally in verse 129 after the mention of Ilyas. According to ziyarat waritha the Ahl ul Bayt of the Holy Prophet represent all the earlier prophets as stated in the above noted verses that Allah perpetuated their glory and praise in generations to come in later times.

As mentioned in history Ilyas or Ilyah or Elijah was taken up in a whirlwind to heaven when the people planned to kill him. He is still alive; and is represented by Ali ibn abi Talib.

In connection with the verses praising the Ahl ul Bayt, Ibn Hajar has written verse 130 as the third verse in the eleventh chapter of his book Sawa-iq al Muhriqah and has stated therein on the authority of Ibn Abbas that "ali yasin" (or il yasin) means ali Muhammad. He writes that Kalbi also holds the same view. Fakhr al Din al Razi writes that the Ahl ul Bayt are at par with the Holy Prophet in five things:

(i) In salutation, for Allah said: "Peace be to you, O prophet." and He also said: "Peace be to the ali yasin."

(ii) In invoking the blessings of Allah during prayers, after each tashhahud.

(iii) In their purity, for Allah revealed the verses of purification (Ahzab: 33) for the Ahl ul Bayt.

(iv) In the sadqah (alms) being forbidden for them.

(v) In love, for Allah said: "Say: I ask you no recompense except that you love my kindred." (Shura: 23)

http://quran.al-islam.org/

Edited by Follower

I was sent this via PM

http://live.islamweb.net/quran_list/thakwaan/s37.pdf

second to last page, verse 130.

is it right for me to say therefore, that tahreef of the quran has happened? since the word should say "aal e yassen" but instead says "ilyaseen" for what i can understand is a nonsense word?

Nuh(as),Ibrahim(as), Musa(as) and Harun(as) were mentioned  in the verses of Surah 37  and peace  upon them is mentioned in the following verses

[Shakir 37:75] And Nuh did certainly call upon Us, and most excellent answerer of prayer are We.

[Shakir 37:79] Peace and salutation to Nuh among the nations.

[Shakir 37:83] And most surely Ibrahim followed his way.

[Shakir 37:109] Peace be on Ibrahim.

[Shakir 37:114] And certainly We conferred a favor on Musa and Haroun.

[Shakir 37:120] Peace be on Musa and Haroun.

Ilyas(as), Lut(as) and Yunus(as) were mentioned but there is no verse in the Surah 37 of the Quran  that mention  peace upon them

[Shakir 37:123] And Ilyas was most surely of the messengers.

[Shakir 37:133] And Lut was most surely of the messengers.

[Shakir 37:139] And Yunus was most surely of the messengers.

Peace be upon all the three messengers  together is mentioned in the following verse of the Quran

[Shakir 37:181] And peace be on the messengers.

So the verse 37:130 “Peace upon Ale yasin” is an independent verse

and  the surah 37 is after the Surah yasin 

Edited by elite