Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
peace_and_unity

Islam Portrayed As A Violent And Barbaric Religion

Rate this topic

Salam Alaykum,

I am writing in this forum for the first time as I would like to know your views on a matter that really makes me sad. As we all know, the Medias has always portrayed our peaceful religion as a barbaric and violent religion despite our efforts to convince our Non-Muslims friends that it is not, they don’t believe us and they actually quote verse from the Quran.

Just a couple of weeks ago, a British friend of mine who was very much interested in understanding Islam and the teaching of the Quran started to show strong animosity against Muslims. I came to know that she had read some verses of the Quran that apparently called for violence against non-Muslims, wife beating, etc.

I feel that we haven’t done our best to show the pure Islam to the world and we really need to have online resources designed specifically for non-Muslims so they can understand better the controversial verses of the Quran from an unbiased source.

Here is the link that was visited by my Non-Muslim friend, and this website has been widely spread among the British especially after to Woolwich killing: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

I really think that we need to take this problem seriously before life become too difficult for Muslims like in France.

Wassalamun Alaykum

Bro, i went on that website and it is MISLEADING! Whenever theres a crime or sumething on the news, they never mention the person's religon, UNLESS they are muslim. Well at least they mention it is shias being killed, not doing the killing. I am assuming you are shia, brother.