Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Zaynab McCabe

Can You Sell A Quran For Profit?

Rate this topic

I was wondering if it is halal to sell The Holy Quran for profit? Or should it just be given to you free and if you wish to give to charity for it then Alhumdulilah...

2:41 And believe in that which I have sent down confirming that which is with you, and do not be the first ones to defy it, and do not sell My signs for a paltry gain, and be wary of Me [alone].

Theirs thousands of Islamic stores which sell Qur'ans lol. I think the meaning of this verse means something else....

The Quran is the word of Allah (swt), this means that no human can put a price on it. Even if I were to buy to Quran with billions of pounds/ dollars, that amount is still not enough. According to my dad the Quran is gifted and one gives the person who gifted the Quran an amount of ( obviously not as valuable as the Quran) money back as a gift. But when one gives money as a gift in return for the Quran, the intention shouldn't be buying and selling.

Salam, when you go to attain a Quran from a Book Store they will ask for hadiya which is different from Retail Price. Like the brother above said you can gift it and accept gift money in exchange making it legit.

Thank you all for your replies it is good to know when i buy one to make that intent that im giving them a gift of money instead of "buying it" This should be made clear from the sellers side on that it is a gift with a gift of money in return... but what i dont get is why there is a set amount to buy it, shouldn't it be what someone could financially afford?