Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ali-F

Please Help Me On My Constipation Problem

Rate this topic

Asalamu alaykum wb

I will tell it now, and I need help. I have already sent a question to najaf.org, but I want your thougts aswell.

Let me start with this: I want to pray. You will probably think: "Then go and pray? " - That's the problem -> I can't pray like you, him and her. Why? Because I have this constipation-symptom. Which makes me fart (and please don't laugh, I am actually serious). When I stand to my prayers, I am afraid that my namaz is broken, because of the farts. And it happens regular. Sometimes, I am lucky, that no fart will go out, and other times (like this ishaa' salat), the fart will go out. I have tried to fix this problem, with medicine, eating healty food, drinking water, but nothing seems to help, at all! I just want to pray my salah, wallahi, nothing else. When I was in ziyarah, the same problem was there. My wudhu broke in salat jamma' and what should I do? I can't do anything! So I decided today, that I didn't make my wudu and salah over again, because now I got enough, and this symptom should be cured, so I didn't do my salah again, and I am currently waiting to see najaf.orgs answer on this issue. 

What do you think I should do? 

Wa alaykum al salam wb...

I don't remember the exact way but i do know you can continue to pray but you have to do certain steps in case the wudu gets broken... Try changing your diet in the mean time and wait for najaf reply. Hold off until you get a proper answer then make up all your prayers you've had to miss. Allah SWT is merciful inshaAllah your answer will come fast.

I appreciate your answer Zaynab_Husayn. Right now, I will change may diet completley.

Wizdom @ What do you mean? I am not serious, when saying, that someone should go and pray. It is only a joke.

Wb

A cousin of mine, an airliner pilot, had a similar problem and went to a detox center in Singapore. You should also try a detox enema. Perhaps there is a health center near you which offers the colon irrigation service.

I appreciate your answer Zaynab_Husayn. Right now, I will change may diet completley.

Wizdom @ What do you mean? I am not serious, when saying, that someone should go and pray. It is only a joke.

Wb

No problem I hope it is fixed asap for urself

(bismillah)

(salam)

With regards to general help on how to stop this from happening, I would advise you to try and go toilet before prayer, it can help alot. 

With regards to the fiqh, assuming that you fall under the category of a person suffering from incontinence, then here are the rulings from sayyid sistani's website that I found.

313. If a person suffers from an incontinence, due to which drops of urine come out continuously, or he is not in a position to control his bowels, he should act as follows:

If he is sure that at some time during the prayer time, there will be a respite during which there will be a restraint, then he should perform Wudhu and namaz at such time.

If during the restraint, he can control his urine or excretion only for performing Wajib acts of namaz, then he should perform only obligatory acts, and abandon the Mustahab acts (e.g. Adhan, Iqamah, Qunut etc).

314. If the time of restraint is just enough to allow Wudhu and a part of namaz, and if he discharges urine or excretion once, or several times during namaz, then as an obligatory precaution, he should do Wudhu in those moments of respite and pray. 
It will not be necessary for him to renew the Wudhu during namaz because of discharging urine or excretion, though as a recommended precaution, he should keep a container by his side, make Wudhu everytime he discharges, and continue praying. But this last p recaution would not apply, if due to prolonged discharge or renewal of Wudhu, the mode of prayers changes.

315. If there is a continued incontinence, allowing no period of restraint for Wudhu, or even a part of namaz, then one Wudhu for every namaz will undoubtedly be enough. In fact, one Wudhu will be enough for several namaz, except when one commits any extraneous act, invalidating the Wudhu. 
However, it is recommended that he should do a fresh Wudhu for every namaz. But a fresh Wudhu is not necessary for the Qadha of a forgotten Sajdah, or Tashahhud, nor for the prayers of Ihtiyat.

316. It is not necessary for a person suffering from continued incontinence, to pray immediately after Wudhu, although it is better that he should be quick in offering prayers.

317. It is permissible for a person suffering incontinence to touch the script of the Qur'an, after Wudhu, even if he is not in the state of namaz.

318. A person who cannot control urine, should use a bag filled with cotton or some similar device, to protect oneself, and to prevent urine from reaching other places, and the obligatory precaution is that before every namaz, he should wash the outlet o f urine which has become najis. 
Moreover, a person who cannot control excretion should, if possible, prevent it from reaching other parts, at least during the time required for namaz. And the obligatory precaution is that if no hardship is involved, he sh ould wash the anus for every prayers.

319. A person who suffers from incontinence should, if possible, try to restrain himself at least for the duration of namaz, even if may be difficult. In fact, if his ailment can be treated easily, he should get the necessary treatment .

320. If a person who suffered incontinence, recovers from the ailment, it is not necessary for him to repeat those prayers which he offered according to his religious duty, during the period of his ailment. However, if he recovers during namaz, he sho uld repeat that prayers, as an obligatory precaution.

321. If a person suffers from an incontinence, which renders him unable to control passing the wind, he will act according to the rules applicable to the incontinent persons described in the foregoing.

http://www.sistani.org/index.php?p=251364&id=48&pid=2157
Edited by Shia_Debater

(bismillah)

You may be lactose intolerant. So I would lay off all milk, cheese, etc (but you can have yogurt, yogurt is fine). for a while and see if that helps any. Also, eat more raw vegetables and fruits, and less meat. 

Also, you must be certain that your wudu is broken for it be be broken. So "feeling" something isn't enough, neither is "maybe." You have to be sure. With that said, you can even create situations where you prevent any signs of farting making you sure. Turn on a loud fan in your direction. You won't smell anything nor will you hear it. 

في أمان الله

Thanks everybody, yeah, I will try this with eating, but it seems, that it doesn't help. And I have been to doctor, and I have tried medicine, but nothing really helps. I can't go to WC before salah, because, what should I do in there? My, you know, will not come out, and that makes it harder for me to pray, because of all the farts. And yes, I am certain, that it is a fart. They are not loud, but rather, small ones, I mean, you know they are there, because at the time, when it will come, you know if it is a fart.

______However, I received this answer, and honestly, I don't understand it, and I dont think it helps so much:

In the Name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

If a person suffers from an incontinence, due to which drops of urine come
out continuously, or he is not in a position to control his bowels, he
should act as follows: 

If he is sure that at some time during the prayer time, there will be a
respite during which there will be a restraint, then he should perform Wudhu
and namaz at such time. 
If during the restraint, he can control his urine or excretion only for
performing Wajib acts of namaz, then he should perform only obligatory acts,
and abandon the Mustahab acts (e.g. Adhan, Iqamah, Qunut etc). 

If the time of restraint is just enough to allow Wudhu and a part of namaz,
and if he discharges urine or excretion once, or several times during namaz,
then as an obligatory precaution, he should do Wudhu in those moments of
respite and pray. 
It will not be necessary for him to renew the Wudhu during namaz because of
discharging urine or excretion, though as a recommended precaution, he
should keep a container by his side, make Wudhu everytime he discharges, and
continue praying. But this last p recaution would not apply, if due to
prolonged discharge or renewal of Wudhu, the mode of prayers changes. 

If there is a continued incontinence, allowing no period of restraint for
Wudhu, or even a part of namaz, then one Wudhu for every namaz will
undoubtedly be enough. In fact, one Wudhu will be enough for several namaz,
except when one commits any extraneous act, invalidating the Wudhu. 

However, it is recommended that he should do a fresh Wudhu for every namaz.
But a fresh Wudhu is not necessary for the Qadha of a forgotten Sajdah, or
Tashahhud, nor for the prayers of Ihtiyat.

Wassalamu Alaykum

(bismillah)

(salam)

With regards to general help on how to stop this from happening, I would advise you to try and go toilet before prayer, it can help alot. 

With regards to the fiqh, assuming that you fall under the category of a person suffering from incontinence, then here are the rulings from sayyid sistani's website that I found.

I didn't understand so much of it. Can I contiune my prayer, even if wind comes out?

I didn't understand so much of it. Can I contiune my prayer, even if wind comes out?

I don't know. The best thing would be to ask an alim.

By the way, with regards to not being able to go toilet, you could try eating things which will help such as prunes. I think increasing your fibre intake in general will help, though I could be wrong. Do bear in mind though that if you increase your fibre intake, you should do it gradually, a sudden increase can not only leave you feeling bloated but also cause more flatulence (gas/wind) to come. 

Wsalam,

What kind of fluids do you drink brother? If you drink a lot of bubbly and fizzy fluids this could be an issue?

Try sticking to water see if it improves inshAllah.

You need to stop thinking about it, if your aware that you have farted before salah then you have to do wuthu again. I think it depends on how big the fart is. If you can hear it then you have to repeat salah, I believe. But if its small and not from the back then maybe you can continue with your salah.

Just do one wuthu for every salah, so after you finish thuhar do with again just incase. Its complexed situation and their is no fixed answer. Just try your best to not focus on it and hopefully you can pray.

Salams

Dont eat beans. Also, try doing some rectum exercises. Might strengthen your muscles and help you control what goes out  :)

Edited by Seyedeh

Lol, I will try this!!

I'm not kidding it will work but watch out. It can destroy your stomach lol. Just trying taking a glass a day and your constipation problem will be cleared. The fiber intake in on glass is pretty much a days worth lol.

I'm not kidding it will work but watch out. It can destroy your stomach lol. Just trying taking a glass a day and your constipation problem will be cleared. The fiber intake in on glass is pretty much a days worth lol.

Sounds like a dream! I will try it, for sure!! Destroy my stomach?! Bro, it is just some juice?

Sounds like a dream! I will try it, for sure!! Destroy my stomach?! Bro, it is just some juice?

lol, I didnt mean literally.... When your constipated it means you dont get enough fiber in your daily food intake. Prune Juice is fully fiber which helps digest your food and stops constipation the natural non medication way...

http://www.livestrong.com/article/472550-how-much-prune-juice-do-you-drink-to-relieve-constipation/

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/prune-juice-for-constipation.html

lol, I didnt mean literally.... When your constipated it means you dont get enough fiber in your daily food intake. Prune Juice is fully fiber which helps digest your food and stops constipation the natural non medication way...

http://www.livestrong.com/article/472550-how-much-prune-juice-do-you-drink-to-relieve-constipation/

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/prune-juice-for-constipation.html

How long will it take? 20 min? A day?!?!? 

When you drink the juice - do it help you within a hour or some days?

it depends, most likely a few hours, but you have to drink lots of water too, not just juice. Sometimes, it make take like a glass a day until it works or you feel much better.