In the Name of God بسم الله

If You Have A Million Dollars

• Veteran Member

(salam)

If you have a million dollars, how will you invest it? What sort of business(es) would you start with it?

Let me give some examples:

- Factories. Food processing. Textiles. Construction.

- Goods transport service.

- Trading. Import/Export.

- Stock market investment :!!!:

- Large scale farming. Livestock. Dairies. Poultry. Fisheries.

- Hotel / Restaurant.

- Move to Nantucket island and live off of bank interest on the money. :p

How would you invest it? ^^

Well, I would make a small completely self sufficient farm....somewhat isolated, but not isolated enough to where I can't reach a hospital or something within an hour.

I would not start a business

Edited by ImAli

• Veteran Member

create super computers

hire best hackers of the world.

collect every bit of science research

or 

entertainment industry(with my definition of entertainment)

or

making huge co-operative societies/cities filled with shias

Edited by AnaAmmar1

Lets see, tax on million dollars would be exactly around 330,000 so that would leave me about 670,000. Take out the student loans and I am left with 300,000. 60,000 goes for Khums which leaves 240,000. Sending money back home would leave me roughly around 200,000.

So, rent a yacht, spend a month long break in Carribeans and call it money well spent.

• Veteran Member

Diversify :

1. a clothing/textile factory, create a brand like JJ and rip off people. earn some then,

2. real estate - invest in a apartment complex.

3. start a technology company.

$1million = Rs. 100 million

• Veteran Member

Lets see, tax on million dollars would be exactly around 330,000 so that would leave me about 670,000. Take out the student loans and I am left with 300,000. 60,000 goes for Khums which leaves 240,000. Sending money back home would leave me roughly around 200,000.

So, rent a yacht, spend a month long break in Carribeans and call it money well spent.

^^ What if you're left with a million dollar after all those deductions? :)

Well, I would make a small completely self sufficient farm....somewhat isolated, but not isolated enough to where I can't reach a hospital or something within an hour.

I would not start a business

I'm not sure about land prices where you live but I think you would still be left with like 66% of the money.

Properties. Live off the rent payments.

That was a good investment. Now you need to be a crook to do it. Perhaps not in the UK, but here in Pakistan people simply stop paying rent and instead hire a lawyer (much cheaper) and initiate a law suit that lasts forever. I've seen it happen too much to mention.

Good choice, good for you.

Diversify :

1. a clothing/textile factory, create a brand like JJ and rip off people. earn some then,

2. real estate - invest in a apartment complex.

3. start a technology company.

$1million = Rs. 100 million

A technology company? You mean a software house, don't you? :D Is that profitable? And you would rip people off? Thats not a good thing at all bro. :no:

1. open a bank

securitise the 1M

create another 9M

lend  the 10M (interest free )to my NGO

NGO receives grant from UN to lift status of women in developing countries through micro-lending (interest-free)of 100M

Select 100,000 women and teach the women to open small businesses with starting capital of $1,100(total 110M) , with a 50% profit sharing scheme and return of capital within first year .based on 10% return on each  business , NGO will receive it's capital back within a year  with a return of 5.5 M / annum .

after 10 years , NGO nett assets exceed 1B , and 100,000 women entrepreneurs with a 1 % success rate of making 1 M

1000 women have 1M .

repeat model .

Edited by :Sami II

• Advanced Member

(salam)

Spend a portion of it on family and the indigent and then invest a large chunk of it in buying Gold/Silver and shares of a Gold company.

Edited by wayfarer.

A Million (I thought you said just one million USD), they don't go too far anymore, so none of the above could be accomplished.

If you are talking about 10+ Mil, now we are talking.

I'll invest it in a bunch of industries starting from:

1. Import/Export

2. Shipping

3. Services (Apps or Software)

4. Real Estate

5. Education

I would not give much in direct charity (except wajibat such as Khums), but would instead make a point to hire only Shias. So basically enable a whole bunch of Shias to pay their Khums too.

6. For Sadaqat, would donate recurring money making businesses to Islamic Centers so our institutions become self sufficient and without the need to raise funds every year.

inshaAllah...