Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Hazrat Sulaiman (As) Throne Usurped

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Asalamualaikum,

This verse is related to the throne of Hazrat Sulaiman (as) being usurped. I would like people to share their interpretation (from various sources)  of this verse (Sura 38:34) : (34) وَلَقَدْ فَتَنَّا سُلَيْمَانَ وَأَلْقَيْنَا عَلَي كُرْسِيّـِهِ جَسَداً ثُمَّ أَنَّابَ

34.“And certainly We did try Solomon, and We cast on his throne a (mere) body; then he repented.”

35. “He said: ‘My Lord! Forgive me and grant me a dominion such as shall not be fit anyone after me, verily You are the Bounteous (without measure).”

It is understood from this verse that Solomon’s trial had been through a soulless body which was on his throne before his eyes, the thing which he did not expect, and he hoped for something other than it. The Qur’ān has delivered no more explanation on this matter.

The commentators and traditionists have mentioned some news and commentaries on this field. The most fitting and clear of all of them is that Solomon desired to have some brave and fruitful children (This is taken from Sahehyn) who could help him in running the country and specially in struggling against the enemy, but since he did not say the holy phrase: ‘If Allah wills’, the same sentence which shows the man’s reliance to Allah in all circumstances, at that time, he got no child from his wives except a handicapped child like a soulless body that was brought and put on his throne. Solomon thought very much and became inconvenience that why he neglected Allah for a moment and relied on his own power. Then he repented and returned to Allah.