Rate this topic

(salam)

Dear Brother's and Sister's,

I decided to make this thread, because I seen and heard some thing's that were a little disturbing today. I left the television on, and I was in another room, and I heard gunshots and screaming, and I was wondering if there was some sort of action movie going on in the background. Shortly after hearing the screaming, I came to the room after hearing: "Allahu Akbar!"

Out of pure curiosity, I sat and decided to watch the infomercial. The advertisement was for supporting elderly Jew's, who are needy and in Russia. They were Holocaust survivor's, who fled to Russia to get away from Germany during World War II.

Again, out of curiosity, I was wondering what Germany and Islam had to do with their suffering, May Allah Subhanu wa Ta'ala help them, Insha'Allah. The infomercial was explaining that many of these elderly Jew's were outcastes in the Russian area they dwell therein, and how 'we' people can help them by sending 50.00 dollars to their organization to give a 3 meal's, each week, for one month.

I sat and watched, of course I felt bad; naturally, because I don't like to see anyone suffer from malnourishment. What bothered me was the extent that the organization was going to, in order to get people to call-in and donate their money to support the cause.

Now, growing up; World History, was probably one of my best subject's, and I never heard anything relating to Islam in relation to World War II. Nevertheless, I continued to watch; and they basically, said: "We are worried about radical Islam, and soon the elderly Jew's wont be able to reside in Muslim countries, etc..." "Please donate to save the Jew's."

What was interesting to me; the radical Islamist's today (in the media) are directed to the Shi'ites. The infomercial was playing latom video's and showing pictures of black hijab wearing women (supposedly, these were the radical Islamist's they were referring to).

One thing that really bothered me after watching the said video, they made a notion about Allah. A Jewish or Christian (I'm not really sure) said: "They say 'Allahu Akbar' which means God is great, but this is not the meaning. Allahu Akbar means 'Allah the God' is great." "Please donate now before it's too late for the elderly Jew's." Now, I'm not trying to make a mockery of the advertisement, but I still don't see the relevance of adding this information to get people to donate money to feed elderly Jew's.

I even got more curious, I was wondering...do they have website? Sure enough; they did, and it's as follows:

http://www.ifcj.org/site/PageNavigator/eng/programs/isaiah_58/elderly/elderly_3_i58

I also found another video on the website (if you click video at the top), that also explained that Jews are getting bombed daily by Lebanon extremist's (as mentioned in the video) called "Israel 911"

Now, I rarely pay attention to the media; as you can see from this thread, our media is brainwashing people and making false accusation's. It was interesting to me, that you have a window of 30-45 minutes to make an advertisement, and out of that timeframe, you choose to throw Islam into it for good measure. I mean; literally, they mentioned Islam for one minute, and then it was back to the 'story' of feeding the needy.

I actually felt really bad for the elderly Jew's; and I still do, because it's unfortunate that people don't have food and medicine (like many other's in the world). I wonder if I called them and said I was Muslim, and I'd like to make a donation, would they accept it? Well, being the person that I am; I did call, and they had no issue taking my money. I asked: "How can you take my money when you told million's of people to beware of Muslim's taking over?" Their response: "Oh, we were just targeting (interesting word he used) extremist's around the world, and those who are threatening Israel today." Well, I pondered, and said: "This isn't the case, because of the video footage you were displaying on TV was directed towards Shi'ite Muslim's."

I explained to the man, I felt really bad about the situation in relation to the elderly Jew's in Russia; but I was taken back, because they threw all of Islam "under-the-bus." He said: "We know not all Muslim's are criminal (again, interesting word he used), but we only want justice for the poor." I replied: "I am sure there are bad people in every religion; I don't think it's limited to one. So, if I donate 50.00 dollar's to support your mission, will you let the public know that a Shi'ite Muslim contributed to your organization?" He replied: "No, this isn't about religion, this is about the poor." I replied: "The video footage and the comment's therein would suggest otherwise."

I am going to write a letter to the corporation about this interaction. Even if I get no feedback from them, I will do my part to let the public know; I did care, and tried to send fund's.

Your Shi'ite advocate and Sister in Faith,

(wasalam) AB313

Edited by AhlulBayt_313