Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Is It Haram?

Rate this topic

• Veteran Member

hello everybody..

just wanna know is it haram(proofs needed if it is),to ask Allah to shorten my number of years that i'm supposed to live in this dunya??meaning to take my soul sooner..(it's like part of my daily prayers..),know that it has nothing to do with depression or so..it's just a deep need to meet Allah as soon as possible,and get rid of the filthy dunya which means nothing to me...... :donno:

Edited by Fatima NMA

Dont blame this Dunya for your losses, if something is not going well, you should be taking rest and pleasure and meeting with Allah in prayers. 

Besides Imam Jaffar Sadiq had said if you do not see God here you will not be able to see him in the hereafter. 

Every prayer according to the Prophet should be like the Mirage, so if you are not experiencing that then you should question what it is you are doing which is preventing you from this?

its easy to say "take my soul" but it is not necessary, and it does not mean the end of your troubles, another hadith from one of the Imams somebody asked him "do the tribulations and difficulties finish upon death?" and he responded, "no, rather they increase"
so if you have not trained your soul in the foundations and above here, then how do you hope to face the difficulties and tests in the barzakh and hereafter?

the state of suffering is not physical and related to time and place, it is a part of your soul, if you do not overcome the state of suffering of the soul here, do you think you will just be free from its tests over there? in fact if Allah loves you and wishes success for you, you will find that hardship and pressure will be hard and difficult, because God wants you to rise above, and you must overcome each and every thing which suffocates you, hence why fasting and long prayers are not easy to do, and if you do the regular prayers properly they also require patience and supreme concentration to achieve correctly 

so the attitude you have is very wrong, and also the ideas you have are also wrong that in death the suffering ends, unless God gives you such a difficult death that through that death you are separated from suffering 

the only time a person can lawfully ask for death is when there is nothing left here for them to "overcome" when they have completed all the tests here , dont think that death is a relief and escape from the homework God requires you to do here, 

• Advanced Member

Dont blame this Dunya for your losses, if something is not going well, you should be taking rest and pleasure and meeting with Allah in prayers. 

Besides Imam Jaffar Sadiq had said if you do not see God here you will not be able to see him in the hereafter. 

Every prayer according to the Prophet should be like the Mirage, so if you are not experiencing that then you should question what it is you are doing which is preventing you from this?

its easy to say "take my soul" but it is not necessary, and it does not mean the end of your troubles, another hadith from one of the Imams somebody asked him "do the tribulations and difficulties finish upon death?" and he responded, "no, rather they increase"

so if you have not trained your soul in the foundations and above here, then how do you hope to face the difficulties and tests in the barzakh and hereafter?

the state of suffering is not physical and related to time and place, it is a part of your soul, if you do not overcome the state of suffering of the soul here, do you think you will just be free from its tests over there? in fact if Allah loves you and wishes success for you, you will find that hardship and pressure will be hard and difficult, because God wants you to rise above, and you must overcome each and every thing which suffocates you, hence why fasting and long prayers are not easy to do, and if you do the regular prayers properly they also require patience and supreme concentration to achieve correctly 

so the attitude you have is very wrong, and also the ideas you have are also wrong that in death the suffering ends, unless God gives you such a difficult death that through that death you are separated from suffering 

the only time a person can lawfully ask for death is when there is nothing left here for them to "overcome" when they have completed all the tests here , dont think that death is a relief and escape from the homework God requires you to do here, 

(salam)

I follow everything your saying, up until the highlighted portion. Please elaborate..

Secondly, I don't necessarily think that a person who prays for the hastening of their meeting with their lord, seeks to escape anything. It is just a longing and great desire to meet their lord, simple as that. Maybe asking God to bring death upon him/her sooner is not the correct thing to do, but perhaps saying something like "God purify me and make my deeds sincere so that I may have the pleasure to meet with you soon".

• Veteran Member

blame?suffering?hardship?difficulties?suffocate???

pardon me but did i mention any of that pal??you've  completely got me wrong.

i have no difficulties(the way u describe them)at all,i'm overly happy with my life and i have everything that everybody envies me for alhamdulillah :)  i enjoy praying,fasting,mustahabat,these bring me closer to Allah no doubt.besides,haven't u ever heard about 'momin not having rest in dunya'?why don't u think of me this way??that simple?

thanks anyway..peace..

Edited by Fatima NMA

hello everybody..

just wanna know is it haram(proofs needed if it is),to ask Allah to shorten my number of years that i'm supposed to live in this dunya??meaning to take my soul sooner..(it's like part of my daily prayers..),know that it has nothing to do with depression or so..it's just a deep need to meet Allah as soon as possible,and get rid of the filthy dunya which means nothing to me...... :donno:

It is not recommended to ask for death. You should instead ask for your life which is a blessing and rahma of Allah swt. Life is an ultimate blessing, a grant of Allah, an expression of Allah's love for Muhammad and Ale Muhammad, and any wish asking Allah swt to take it away is being ungrateful (kufran e nemat) to him.

Strive to make your life worthwhile so you do more good deeds to elevate your status in front of Allah and be closer to him that way. Try connect to your last Imam, use your days and nights to be closer to him, because once you are in grave, the time stops and you would not get a chance to elevate yourself through your own deeds. Better yet, marry a good momin, make babies so when they grow up in good Momineen, they cause your status to increase in front of Allah swt even when you are in your grave. See how not only your own life, but the new lives you could cause, make you get closer to Allah.

Think of it this way, a pious person dying at the age of 100 with many offsprings who are also pious is much better than a baby who had no positive or negative balance to show to Allah swt.

Generally speaking, depression or out of love of Allah, any wish to die soon is actually coming from the whispers of Iblees because he is our open enemy and wants the humanity to perish and die off soon.

Edited by Waiting for HIM
  • Veteran Member

i think no one here understands me :wacko:

i don't have a wish to die NOW..it's just that i don't like it when somebody makes such dua or wish for me to live long,i mean in the long terms..living long is not that attractive to me the way it is for others that could pay for a year more :donno:

anyway i'm grateful for being healthy and for everything else.

i was generally speaking..it's not an urge to die soon or something..

alhamdulillah