Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله
Sign in to follow this  
Ibn al-Hassan

The Gladiator Fan Club

Rate this topic

Thank you brother Ibn al-Hassan for taking this courageous initiative. You are right, we don't have to practice taqiyyah for Allah is with those who speak the truth. I'm gonna start with a few quotes from the film, the first one aptly captures the emotions of your quote:

- Some of you are thinking you won't fight. Others, that you can't fight. They all say that until they're out there.

- Would have been like the sun on my heart for a thousand years.

- I knew a man who once said "Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back".

This should suffice for now.

- Are you not entertained? (!)

Thank you brother Ibn al-Hassan for taking this courageous initiative. You are right, we don't have to practice taqiyyah for Allah is with those who speak the truth. I'm gonna start with a few quotes from the film, the first one aptly captures the emotions of your quote:

- Some of you are thinking you won't fight. Others, that you can't fight. They all say that until they're out there.

- Would have been like the sun on my heart for a thousand years.

- I knew a man who once said "Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back".

This should suffice for now.

- Are you not entertained? (!)

Masha'Allah, brother. Keep them coming. I would like to share the following video clip (I love this scene!):

(wasalam)

Hi, there

thank you for your begining of this club. cuase I dont see the film in english (it was a persian translate) I cant say a specific dialog but I love it  in all.

We are glad to have you. Please don't hesitate to post something (even in Farsi). Insha'Allah, other brothers and sisters can benefit from it.

(wasalam)

Find me a hadith about the imams in which they say watching this movie is okay... BIDHA!

We're wahabis shiabis, so we'll just say that it's a good bidah..

Hi, there

thank you for your begining of this club. cuase I dont see the film in english (it was a persian translate) I cant say a specific dialog but I love it  in all.

It's alright brother. Let not the barrier of language come in way of expressing your intense love for this epic movie, it is the intention that counts. Thank you for your support, may Allah make your entire forthcoming generations lovers of this movie..

What a noble cause thou hath undertaken ...

Sure is, isn't it? Why don't you post something to express your solidarity and support for us?

Edited by Inquisitor

I remember watching this film for the first time in the cinema and being blown AWAY. If you are a fan of the film, i strongly suggest you listen to the commentary on the DVD, you learn so much. eg the guy who says "shadows and dust" right before he gets killed, the story behind that was actually pretty neat.

definately one of my top films, because it doesnt go "extreme" in anything. theres gore, but not too much. he is a mighty warrior, but not bollywood style. there is tragedy and humour, but not to the point where you start doing matam or screaming in mirth.

it treads a very delicate balance that most other "epic" movies try and fail to do (im looking at you, 300) so instead of thinking "hold on thats dumb" mid way through a movie, you get completely sucked in and part of the story. all the things that happen are completely within the realms of reality (even the emperor fighting in the coloseum).

9/10. only loses the point for the blatent goofs like guys wearing jeans n tishirts in the background and stuff like that.

I saw this film 3 times in the cinema, and many more times on dvd, but I wouldn't say it is the best film ever made, that is taking it a little far.

The frost...sometimes it makes the blade stick!

Edited by Ali_Hussain

I saw the movie when it was first released. My favourite scene is the battle at the beginning of the film between the Romans and the Germanic barbarians. Still one of my fave battle scenes in any film, IMHO. It's not hard to understand why Italian cinema audiences went nuts at that part of the movie; although only loosely based on fact, it's probably the last time an Italian army defeated a Germany army in 1,800 years  :P

Edited by Abdul Qaim

I saw this film 3 times in the cinema, and many more times on dvd, but I wouldn't say it is the best film ever made, that is taking it a little far.

The frost...sometimes it makes the blade stick!

Man, I love that quote. Here's the full scene:

(wasalam)