Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!) ×
ShiaChat.com
Guests can now reply in ALL forum topics (No registration required!)
In the Name of God بسم الله

Are Women Evil?

Rate this topic

• Advanced Member

Am glad one person hasnt commented yet...

Anyways you need to ask your selfs, how many woman imam ali (as) actually knows to come up with that conclusion. I dont see why is there a thread for this, there are soo many threads on this site bashing on woman and endless quotes from nahj al balga.

It really doesnt add up most woman are in hell yet the jan is tahat akdam al um mahat...

Salam Sister,

Firstly, could you explain what you mean by '... Ask yourselfs, how many woman Imam Ali (as) actually knows to come up with that conclusion.' ? What exactly are you implying? Lets assume that he [as] actually said this; what are you implying? That he didn't know enough women to formulate this opinion? Imam Ali [as] didn't witness a lot of things, doesn't mean he didn't have a clue of what he was talking about. He hasn't seen what 2013 looks like has he? Yet it's reported he said over 1400 years ago that a day will come when birds made of steel will fly. I don't know about you but to me that sounds like a pretty accurate description of an aeroplane. Prophet Jesus (as) was never married, does that mean he has no idea what women are like or how to give advise to his followers who would come to him for marriage advise and help with issues with their wives?

I apologise if that's not what you meant. That's how it has come across and if that's the case, it's a rather silly argument.

We don't even know if he actually said this so it's utterly pointless that people here jump and assume anything said they dislike regarding women or other issues is sexist. I don't know what you said in the second part of the final sentence but I am going to assume it was some reference to there being a lot of men in Jannah? or maybe women? Am I right? Sorry if that's not what you said.

Sis, look at it like this: the Prophet (s) was well known to speak very little unless he was addressing his Companions or discussing a matter. He was known to be quite and silent unless he needed to speak. Now, when taking this into account we can assume that whenever he did speak and did so publicly it's logical to assume he did so for the benefit of us (his followers at the time and those to come after him). When we run into a Hadith that we don't like, it's not fair to immediately assume its sexist. In fact we should give the Prophet the benefit of the doubt that he knew what he was talking about.

So when the Prophet (s) said most women are in Hell he wasn't saying this to be sexist, he was pointing out an unfortunate reality that will occur after the completion of the Day of Judgement and he is merely trying to warn his female followers against this and help them. In the narrations that mention this he goes on to say this is because they (those women who do end up in Hell and subsequently are make up the majority) were ungrateful to their husbands and were unpleasant to them. The Prophet cared about us. All of us. He only ever wanted to help us improve our lives and come closer to Allah (swt) so we can enter His Jannah. Sometimes he would warn us from things and explain the severity of our actions like for example when it's reported he said: 'it is better that a metal rod (or piece of metal) is put through your head than for you to touch a non-Mahram'. Now to me that's a pretty serious statement just displaying how dangerous it is to be too friendly with non-Mahrams. Sometimes we may think what is said is 'harsh' or 'sexist' by the Prophet of Imam (Na'udhubillah) but the fact of the matter is we have to accept the fact that these people knew better than us. They were the ones who brought the Religion and kept it in tact. Not me or you. We should look at what is being said and ask ourselves 'what is the Prophet/Imam trying to teach us?' But of course, not everything that is reported to have been said by the Ahlul Bayt [as] is in fact authentic and was actually said by them, but my point is, when we come across something we don't know if it was actually said by the Masumeen or not, we should always give it the benefit of the doubt and assume its true until proven otherwise. Not one of us would like to be held accountable for ignorantly ascribing lies to the Prophet, which is a sin that is promised Hell-Fire.

Also, just because women make up the majority of Hell doesn't mean that men make up the majority of Jannah. There could be more women in creation than men so the number of women in Jannah could still outweigh the number of men in Jannah as well. In fact it could be argued its almost impossible that women are not the majority in Jannah as well seeing as each male in Jannah can have multiples wives if they so wish. There are hadiths that say every man will get two wives or x number of wives for example. Assuming this is true then it's impossible that women do not make up the majority of Jannah as well.

Wa Allahu `Alam.

Doesn't the vibe seem a little less tense now tho.... :)

I love your positive attitude lol

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah women are evil, they happen to appear in the news a lot, they rape,pillage, kill, colonize, rule and destroy, force, oppress, create nukes and bombs.YES thats all women therefore they're all evil

What is going on with people on this site lately. What is happening people? Cant we just get along? For God's sake, we are followers of The Ahlulbayt. Do you all honestly think an imam would mean such

Im a Muslim Male and I think this way (in my post). I dont think its all Muslim men (faithful Shia Muslim Men), not even .5% of them believe in the way you describe. Maybe some do on this site, but th

• Advanced Member

Salam Sister,

Firstly, could you explain what you mean by '... Ask yourselfs, how many woman Imam Ali (as) actually knows to come up with that conclusion.' ? What exactly are you implying? Lets assume that he [as] actually said this; what are you implying? That he didn't know enough women to formulate this opinion? Imam Ali [as] didn't witness a lot of things, doesn't mean he didn't have a clue of what he was talking about. He hasn't seen what 2013 looks like has he? Yet it's reported he said over 1400 years ago that a day will come when birds made of steel will fly. I don't know about you but to me that sounds like a pretty accurate description of an aeroplane. Prophet Jesus (as) was never married, does that mean he has no idea what women are like or how to give advise to his followers who would come to him for marriage advise and help with issues with their wives?

I apologise if that's not what you meant. That's how it has come across and if that's the case, it's a rather silly argument.

We don't even know if he actually said this so it's utterly pointless that people here jump and assume anything said they dislike regarding women or other issues is sexist. I don't know what you said in the second part of the final sentence but I am going to assume it was some reference to there being a lot of men in Jannah? or maybe women? Am I right? Sorry if that's not what you said.

Sis, look at it like this: the Prophet (s) was well known to speak very little unless he was addressing his Companions or discussing a matter. He was known to be quite and silent unless he needed to speak. Now, when taking this into account we can assume that whenever he did speak and did so publicly it's logical to assume he did so for the benefit of us (his followers at the time and those to come after him). When we run into a Hadith that we don't like, it's not fair to immediately assume its sexist. In fact we should give the Prophet the benefit of the doubt that he knew what he was talking about.

So when the Prophet (s) said most women are in Hell he wasn't saying this to be sexist, he was pointing out an unfortunate reality that will occur after the completion of the Day of Judgement and he is merely trying to warn his female followers against this and help them. In the narrations that mention this he goes on to say this is because they (those women who do end up in Hell and subsequently are make up the majority) were ungrateful to their husbands and were unpleasant to them. The Prophet cared about us. All of us. He only ever wanted to help us improve our lives and come closer to Allah ÓÈÍÇäå æÊÚÇáì so we can enter His Jannah. Sometimes he would warn us from things and explain the severity of our actions like for example when it's reported he said: 'it is better that a metal rod (or piece of metal) is put through your head than for you to touch a non-Mahram'. Now to me that's a pretty serious statement just displaying how dangerous it is to be too friendly with non-Mahrams. Sometimes we may think what is said is 'harsh' or 'sexist' by the Prophet of Imam (Na'udhubillah) but the fact of the matter is we have to accept the fact that these people knew better than us. They were the ones who brought the Religion and kept it in tact. Not me or you. We should look at what is being said and ask ourselves 'what is the Prophet/Imam trying to teach us?' But of course, not everything that is reported to have been said by the Ahlul Bayt [as] is in fact authentic and was actually said by them, but my point is, when we come across something we don't know if it was actually said by the Masumeen or not, we should always give it the benefit of the doubt and assume its true until proven otherwise. Not one of us would like to be held accountable for ignorantly ascribing lies to the Prophet, which is a sin that is promised Hell-Fire.

Also, just because women make up the majority of Hell doesn't mean that men make up the majority of Jannah. There could be more women in creation than men so the number of women in Jannah could still outweigh the number of men in Jannah as well. In fact it could be argued its almost impossible that women are not the majority in Jannah as well seeing as each male in Jannah can have multiples wives if they so wish. There are hadiths that say every man will get two wives or x number of wives for example. Assuming this is true then it's impossible that women do not make up the majority of Jannah as well.

Wa Allahu `Alam.

Salam musa ,

My question was simple how many woman does he know ? I want numbers of how many he knows. I believe or at least think that, that statment was mainly stated because of asiah and her looker likes. You have to see a certain amount of woman to come up with that conclusion. Theirs no evidence stating that the quote is 100% accourt so I can not deny or acceept it.

As for the last part of my statment , it stated that jannah is underneth the mother foot. So how can there be soo many woman in hell yet jannah is underneth them.

I think that you need to see and experiences things before making a broad statment. Stating woman in general are evil,will include fadimat al zahra and um al banini and maryam al 3athra are all evil to, which is incorrect I believe and I highly doudt imam ali (as) said such thing.

Salams

• Advanced Member

Salam musa ,

My question was simple how many woman does he know ? I want numbers of how many he knows. I believe or at least think that, that statment was mainly stated because of asiah and her looker likes. You have to see a certain amount of woman to come up with that conclusion. Theirs no evidence stating that the quote is 100% accourt so I can not deny or acceept it.

As for the last part of my statment , it stated that jannah is underneth the mother foot. So how can there be soo many woman in hell yet jannah is underneth them.

I think that you need to see and experiences things before making a broad statment. Stating woman in general are evil,will include fadimat al zahra and um al banini and maryam al 3athra are all evil to, which is incorrect I believe and I highly doudt imam ali (as) said such thing.

Salams

Salaam sister,

How do you perceive Imam Ali AS is he higher then that of any other man, or is it possible that he knows more than what you have given him credit for.

I agree with brother Ali Musa Alhumdulilah i think he got understood my question and was able to answer it in some sorta way. JazakaAllah!

• Veteran Member

Salaam sister,

How do you perceive Imam Ali AS is he higher then that of any other man, or is it possible that he knows more than what you have given him credit for.

I agree with brother Ali Musa Alhumdulilah i think he got understood my question and was able to answer it in some sorta way. JazakaAllah!

My Dear sweet wife Zaynab :)

When I was studying Manteq (Traditional Logic) class by Shaykh Arif Abdulhussain He mentioned That once Imam Ali (as) was asked how far the moon is from the earth. He answered almost immediately and in a way that could be understood by the people of his time of course he was correct. this was out of a higher intuition that Allah gave to Prophets (as) and Imams (as) as a insight from him thus why they could answer any question that may of been very far from the minds of peoples and their observation and measurements.

As to everyone else I think there has been several ideas set forth as to what the OP was about (The saying) and any of these are worth pondering as to what is correct Allahu Allam. I myself would be careful of out right rejecting any saying or hadith and sooner would say if it is true said from Imam (as) that maybe someone narrated it wrong due to poor memory or mis hearing. or that we are missing something like context, more words, or maybe it is even as the Brother [name removed for privacy reasons] said a mere joke however interesting that is though it probably was more serious than that. and historically speaking the saying cannot be taking as it is to mean as we see it. so Allahu Allam. as we know of many masoom and non masoom women who are great people and role models for us.

• Advanced Member

My Dear sweet wife Zaynab :)

When I was studying Manteq (Traditional Logic) class by Shaykh Arif Abdulhussain He mentioned That once Imam Ali (as) was asked how far the moon is from the earth. He answered almost immediately and in a way that could be understood by the people of his time of course he was correct. this was out of a higher intuition that Allah gave to Prophets (as) and Imams (as) as a insight from him thus why they could answer any question that may of been very far from the minds of peoples and their observation and measurements.

As to everyone else I think there has been several ideas set forth as to what the OP was about (The saying) and any of these are worth pondering as to what is correct Allahu Allam. I myself would be careful of out right rejecting any saying or hadith and sooner would say if it is true said from Imam (as) that maybe someone narrated it wrong due to poor memory or mis hearing. or that we are missing something like context, more words, or maybe it is even as Brother D'arcy said a mere joke however interesting that is though it probably was more serious than that. and historically speaking the saying cannot be taking as it is to mean as we see it. so Allahu Allam. as we know of many masoom and non masoom women who are great people and role models for us.   

:) I agree bought a man, wheres my apple trees???

I believe that this saying maybe true and yes Allahu Allam. These words from him be ture or not we can still ponder over of course, and i believe it is true to some point when one thinks much on it and from other knowledge knowing how Imam Ali AS was and how he was towards women in all. So i dont think we should take this hadeeth to be plain and simple and yet something for others to look deeply into, as many of Imam Ali AS hadeeth are more then just word deep.

• Advanced Member

I thought this saying would be good for all to read here understanding the depth of it inshaAllah

Amir al-mu'minin, peace be upon him, says: Quarrels bring about quhm

• Advanced Member

What is going on with people on this site lately. What is happening people? Cant we just get along? For God's sake, we are followers of The Ahlulbayt. Do you all honestly think an imam would mean such a thing? Do you think Allah would have created you if this was the case? Do you think the position of Bibi Fatima, Bibi Maryam, Bibi Zainab, all the mothers of the prophets and imams A.S, are pointless? Or that there is a reason why these personalities are women and not men? The matter of fact is, if it isnt for women, there would not have been any Islam. You are all the flag bearers of Islam. You are Islam's representatives. From you comes the believers. From you heaven lies under your feet. From you, we are nourished and cherished. From you, we are cared for and loved.....

You've given good examples of respectable and noble ladies of Islam.

Unfortunately, it's not going to change anything. People (or should I say Muslim men) would still hate women, blame them for men's failure and looking down on them based on some arbitrary hadiths.

• Advanced Member

You've given good examples of respectable and noble ladies of Islam.

Unfortunately, it's not going to change anything. People (or should I say Muslim men) would still hate women, blame them for men's failure and looking down on them based on some arbitrary hadiths.

Salam,

Surely those who hate women are using the hadiths to justify something that is already there? Perhaps they are envious of women in the first place?

• Veteran Member

Salam Sisters Rose and Gypsy 

I would like to offer you both some advise don't take it as an attack but a muslim should be a mirror for another muslim. you both used wording very offensive and general when expecting people to think you are talking only about "some men" rather because your wording you both come off as talking about All men or All muslim men. 

Edited by Maitham

Im a Muslim Male and I think this way (in my post). I dont think its all Muslim men (faithful Shia Muslim Men), not even .5% of them believe in the way you describe. Maybe some do on this site, but this site is crazy in certain beliefs as it already is. I wouldnt take to heart what some say on here. I think on this site both sides are at fault with absurd statements on this thread...We just have to get along with one another and get rid of this ignorance from the root.

*When I use muslim, I mean an person who actually follows and obeys Allah's commands, not by name....

Wa Salaam and Ya Ali!

Don't be such a whiteknight.

The Dark Knight is adored by all. Women and men alike.

• Advanced Member

Salam Sisters Rose and Gypsy 

I would like to offer you both some advise don't take it as an attack but a muslim should be a mirror for another muslim. you both used wording very offensive and general when expecting people to think you are talking only about "some men" rather because your wording you both come off as talking about All men or All muslim men. 

I should have said 'some men' but rest assure no serious harm/damage was done here. Fortunately, my opinions don't hold that much weight. Now, imagine how many generations of men who have been lead astray to believe that women are inferior creatures based on completely arbitrary hadiths that do nothing but belittle women.

Edited by Gypsy

Please someone help me to understand when this was said and why? 

Amir a'-mu'minin, peace be upon him, said: Woman is evil, all in all; and the worst of it is that one cannot do without  her

Question: It is said on the behalf of Imam Ali (p.) that woman is evil, and the most evil in her is that she is indispensable.  Is this right?

Answer: I think that the face value meaning of this saying is impossible to be issued by Imam Ali (a.s.), why? Because we have an Islamic standard for all sayings, set by the members of the house (a.s.) to distinguish between the valid & the invalid sayings.  This standard suggests that in order  to know whether a certain saying is authentic or not, we have to compare it with what is stated in Koran, the book of Allah; if the saying conforms , with the meanings of the  Koran, we accept it, but it disaccords with it, then we reject it.

When the Holy Koran talks about women & men, it gives them equal responsibilities, so if the women are evil in their nature, then why she should be given such responsibility.  According to the divine justice in Islam, women are like men; she is neither totally good nor completely evil. Consequently, there is no harmony between the face value     meaning of Ali’s (a.s.) saying & the Islamic concept of the divine justice.  It is very possible, as suggested by the interpreters of the "Nahj Al Balagha", that the seduction practiced by women in their deviated relationship with men brings forth evil, or paves the way for it.  The history of human societies clearly shows this fact.  Some try to relate this saying with the enmity between Imam Ali (a.s.) & Aisha; they claim that enmity caused a psychological complex in him towards woman. On the other hand, if one understands the Imam’s aspirations and the supreme rank he reached, he knows that Imam Ali (p.) does not judge matters according to personal measures, but he is with the truth & truth is with him.  In talking about his experience with truth he says: "truth did not leave me any friends"

http://english.bayynat.org/WomenFamily/q&a.htm

• Advanced Member

Women are evil and according to Hazrat Ali they are scorpios too. I havent as yet come across anything like they should be killed. 

Yeah women are evil, they happen to appear in the news a lot, they rape,pillage, kill, colonize, rule and destroy, force, oppress, create nukes and bombs.YES thats all women therefore they're all evil 

Women do honor killings, women do massacre too...in fact Hitler was a woman, Saddam was a woman, Joseph Stalin was, Alexander was, Julius Caeser was, the World Wars were started by women.

The woman is blamed for being whorish after the man rapes her, why wasn't she covered? Oh serves her right, she was asking for it, she should have covered her self from head to toes!  Now lets dig her a whole and kill her, shes not a virgin she is useless. Shame shame shame. 

If they didn't  have that much damn testosterone and  huge egos the world would be a much safer and better place...thank you men. Thanks for making this world a beautiful and a peaceful environment! 

Typical men.

aoa,

I agree!!! Man are the evil around. its just gender discrimination. No woman is evil. everything is subjected to interpretation. Its a male dominated society. I reject anything like this from Hazrat Ali. He was an enlightened spiritual master of all humanity. He can never discriminate. I deny history and muhadeeseen because I know the seerat of my Imam.Why didnt he then discriminate his wife. why didnt he kill Ayesha if she was evil and evil is meant to be slain. The people of God never refrain from doing the right thing. 

• Advanced Member

I live in the west and grew up with this feminism view, for even myself fell for such a thought until I fought this through viewing myself (a woman) and other woman. I then realized how much the Imams and the Holy Quran was right. We don't need this feminist view where men are evil and we all are equal. All gender are equal but not in such a way i think most view it as. For example a man is more stronger in strength than a woman, believe me or not but it is scientific fact. or another example I as a woman can fix my own car, but would i as a muslim place myself in this sorta job, not if i was a good muslim woman... Imam Ali AS is just in all that he did and said, so this hadith may be right but again not how we view it as just by reading, or for the woman becoming angry with what they think this may be, or the men thinking it as face value and agreeing to woman are evil.... 
My husband and I talked about this and he even made a comment about what if the word "evil" was translated wrong but in fact meant something like "defect" which makes sense... Since us woman have a week out of a month where we can not pray nor fast and most become emotional... (so men that are married be advised to be kinder to their wives through these time...we are evil then jk)

• Veteran Member

(salam),

[5637] 2- Al Kulaini, Ali (from his father), from Haroon b. Muslim, from Mus'adah b. Sadqah, from abi Abdullah (as) who said: Ali (as) said: "Do not initiate with the salam to women and do not invite them to the food, for indeed the Prophet (pbuh) said: "The women are inarticulate and a blemish, so cover their inarticulateness with silence and cover their being a blemish by (locking them at) the homes." (Volume 5, Page 166)

Da'eef according to Allama Majlisi (btw, page number is actually 534-5)

Oh and stop going to Bhooka_Bhairiya's blog (if that's where you got it from). I just googled your translation and his website was the first one that popped up (the next one was HCY, someone was mocking us about our beliefs based on ahadeeth taken from his blog). It's amazing how slyly the strict rijal-ist skips over the fact that Allama Majlisi (and Bahboodi, whose eccentric grading seems to have a lot of value for him) said this was a weak hadeeth. 

Not to mention how the hadith would make absolutely no sense at all, practically. The first thing I did after I got home from school was greet my mother with a Salaam. She is also a woman. I've been sinning, by doing that, my entire life? 

The hadith he failed to mention was this (same chapter, 3rd hadith; also vol. 2, pg 648):

علي بن إبراهيم، عن أبيه، عن حماد بن عيسى، عن ربعي بن عبدالله، عن أبي عبدالله (ع) قال: كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله يسلم على النساء ويرددن عليه وكان أمير لمؤمنين (ع) يسلم على النساء وكان يكره أن يسلم على الشابة منهن ويقول: أتخوف أن يعجبني صوتهافيدخل علي أكثر مما طلبت من الاجر

http://www.alseraj.net/maktaba/kotob/hadith/kafi5/html/ara/books/al-kafi-5/364.html

http://www.alseraj.net/maktaba/kotob/hadith/kafi2/html/ara/books/al-kafi-2/289.html

From Ali ibn Ibrahim from his father from Hammad ibn Isa from Rab`ee bin Abdullah from Abi Abdullah (Imam Husayn) (a.s.) who said:

"The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.) used to salute women and they used to reply his salutation. While the Commander of the Faithful, Imam Ali (a.s.), also used to salute women, but he disliked to salute the young among the women and said, 'I feared that her voice would admire me and thus affect me so I would commit sin more than get reward."

http://www.al-islam.org/islamic-hijab-al-balagh/7.htm#_ftn27

Hasan according to Allama Majlisi

May Allah save us from the fitna people try to spread by misusing the words of the Masumeen [a]. 

(salam)

Edited by Basim Ali
  • Veteran Member

Sister Rose Me and my wife joked around in a non sexual way to have fun while everyone is hot headed and ease the post up. as for if you feel it is wrong for us to tell each other we love each other in public then i would like to see a fatwa of your best woman ayatollah! 

• Advanced Member

Some try to relate this saying with the enmity between Imam Ali (a.s.) & Aisha; they claim that enmity caused a psychological complex in him towards woman. On the other hand, if one understands the Imam’s aspirations and the supreme rank he reached, he knows that Imam Ali (p.) does not judge matters according to personal measures, but he is with the truth & truth is with him.  In talking about his experience with truth he says: "truth did not leave me any friends"

Lol @ some, even thou it was one.

Nahj al balga had several quotes about woman that dont add up to our or the behaviour of the people we look up to. One can only think that the person that passaed the message was affect by so and so to come up with that quote. But like I said I dont think Imam Ali (as) would make such statments. But if he did then he baised it on his experiences.

You only relate to something onces you have been throu it.

Ashia talked as thou the propht (pbuh) like her and did her more things then others, could that really be true, I doudt because as far as I know his a fair man.

Some men should just stop with this whole thing of look at you woman are this that. And if imam ali (as) did really state what he stated then I have no other choice but to look at history and come up with reasons why he may have said so and so.

Anyways I doudt he said it ,some men just like annoying woman so the best way to annoy her is get a quote that doesnt add up to the teaching and aklaq of ahul bayat and wait for a reaction. And some men really need to relax and not threat woman oh but imam ali (as) said it,soo you disgree with him.. Grow up for the love of ahul bayat.

Salams

• Advanced Member

Question: It is said on the behalf of Imam Ali (p.) that woman is evil, and the most evil in her is that she is indispensable.  Is this right?

Answer: I think that the face value meaning of this saying is impossible to be issued by Imam Ali (a.s.), why? Because we have an Islamic standard for all sayings, set by the members of the house (a.s.) to distinguish between the valid & the invalid sayings.  This standard suggests that in order  to know whether a certain saying is authentic or not, we have to compare it with what is stated in Koran, the book of Allah; if the saying conforms , with the meanings of the  Koran, we accept it, but it disaccords with it, then we reject it.

When the Holy Koran talks about women & men, it gives them equal responsibilities, so if the women are evil in their nature, then why she should be given such responsibility.  According to the divine justice in Islam, women are like men; she is neither totally good nor completely evil. Consequently, there is no harmony between the face value     meaning of Ali’s (a.s.) saying & the Islamic concept of the divine justice.  It is very possible, as suggested by the interpreters of the "Nahj Al Balagha", that the seduction practiced by women in their deviated relationship with men brings forth evil, or paves the way for it.  The history of human societies clearly shows this fact.  Some try to relate this saying with the enmity between Imam Ali (a.s.) & Aisha; they claim that enmity caused a psychological complex in him towards woman. On the other hand, if one understands the Imam’s aspirations and the supreme rank he reached, he knows that Imam Ali (p.) does not judge matters according to personal measures, but he is with the truth & truth is with him.  In talking about his experience with truth he says: "truth did not leave me any friends"

http://english.bayynat.org/WomenFamily/q&a.htm

Ahsant, this is one of the most vile things i've ever read regarding these hadiths and their relation to Imam Ali, I first read them in an Egyptian magazine back in 1990s, the magazine criticised all the major islamic personalities (including Uthman and Ayisha+ Imam Ali) accusing them of taking the Ummah to civil wars etc.

It also brought that view about imam Ali being a man who hate women due to Ayshia.

This is one reason that makes me think these hadiths were taken out of context of misinterpreted by modern mindset. The possibility that these hadiths were against specific group of women might turn appealing to mind by it on the long run will make us in need to twist the meaning of other hadiths which are not few in number.

(salam),

Da'eef according to Allama Majlisi (btw, page number is actually 534-5)

Oh and stop going to Bhooka_Bhairiya's blog (if that's where you got it from). I just googled your translation and his website was the first one that popped up (the next one was HCY, someone was mocking us about our beliefs based on ahadeeth taken from his blog). It's amazing how slyly the strict rijal-ist skips over the fact that Allama Majlisi (and Bahboodi, whose eccentric grading seems to have a lot of value for him) said this was a weak hadeeth. 

Not to mention how the hadith would make absolutely no sense at all, practically. The first thing I did after I got home from school was greet my mother with a Salaam. She is also a woman. I've been sinning, by doing that, my entire life? 

The hadith he failed to mention was this (same chapter, 3rd hadith; also vol. 2, pg 648):

علي بن إبراهيم، عن أبيه، عن حماد بن عيسى، عن ربعي بن عبدالله، عن أبي عبدالله (ع) قال: كان رسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله يسلم على النساء ويرددن عليه وكان أمير لمؤمنين (ع) يسلم على النساء وكان يكره أن يسلم على الشابة منهن ويقول: أتخوف أن يعجبني صوتهافيدخل علي أكثر مما طلبت من الاجر

http://www.alseraj.net/maktaba/kotob/hadith/kafi5/html/ara/books/al-kafi-5/364.html

http://www.alseraj.net/maktaba/kotob/hadith/kafi2/html/ara/books/al-kafi-2/289.html

From Ali ibn Ibrahim from his father from Hammad ibn Isa from Rab`ee bin Abdullah from Abi Abdullah (Imam Husayn) (a.s.) who said:

"The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.) used to salute women and they used to reply his salutation. While the Commander of the Faithful, Imam Ali (a.s.), also used to salute women, but he disliked to salute the young among the women and said, 'I feared that her voice would admire me and thus affect me so I would commit sin more than get reward."

http://www.al-islam.org/islamic-hijab-al-balagh/7.htm#_ftn27

Hasan according to Allama Majlisi

May Allah save us from the fitna people try to spread by misusing the words of the Masumeen [a]. 

(salam)

wa alaykum assalam,

the blog was suggested by another brother to me because i was asking for help to remember a hadith that said that arguing with women makes brain shrinks or something along these lines, well, I found the hadith though it is a bit different but it has almost equal side effect from arguing with women:

ما رواه الشيخ الصدوق في الخصال ، في باب الأربعة ، بسنده عن مسعدة بن صدقة ، عن جعفر بن محمد ، عن أبيه عليهما السلام قال : « قال رسول الله ( ص ) :

blank.gif أربعة يمتن القلب : الذنب على الذنب ، وكثرة مناقشة النساء ، ـ يعني محادثتهن ـ ومماراة الأحمق ، يقول وتقول ، ولا يؤول الى خير أبداً ، ومجالسة الموتى ، قيل والموتى ؟ قال : كل غني مترف » (4).

anyways, and away from my sarcasm tone, i am suggesting this link for you to read before you make a decision to reject a hadith :

http://www.darolzahra.com/folder/articles/3/index.html

OK, i'll be polite and i'll explain the brain shrinking point ( though i am almost sure i've read that somewhere, curses upon shytan i forgot where though, but In sha Allah when i find it i'll share it with you )

The hadith says that arguing with women frequently ( or even discussing things with women) will turn the heart dead. ( i have no time to explain what a dead heart in islamic terminology means , pardon me but i am writing this in a hurry)

so basically, arguing or discussing with women frequently ends up with a man not fearing Allah, or taking the laws lightly. ( i did not make up that hadith) which means that his judgement about what's right and wrong will be a bit blurred. (hence the brain shrinking , i used that word because i did not remember the exact words of the hadith, but honestly i am sure i've read a hadith like that, or maybe i've heard a scholar, anyways, no offence intended, this is my religion as much as it is the women religion and if there is anything offensive in these hadiths, they should be offensive to both men and women who follow this religion and honestly ii find this a wrong approach to religion.)

Edited by IbnSohan

I repeat, in case anyone missed it:

Allah created women deficient in certain aspects of life. Therefore, they're evil? Objectively, does this actually make any sense? How is it fair? If Aisha lost the battle, does that mean every woman leading a war would lose simply by the fact that they're female? No. Are all men intellectually superior to all women? No. Aren't the statements all a fallacy? What troubles me significantly is that women are being demonised for being deficient in prayer and fasting due to menstruation. Was it not Allah who created the female anatomy?!

• Advanced Member

We don't need this feminist view where men are evil and we all are equal. All gender are equal but not in such a way i think most view it as. For example a man is more stronger in strength than a woman, believe me or not but it is scientific fact. or another example I as a woman can fix my own car, but would i as a muslim place myself in this sorta job, not if i was a good muslim woman...

Do you know that most feminists and some muslim men share a lot of similar traits.

Feminists = men are evil

Some Muslim men = women are evil.

Yes, a man is stronger than a woman, however, most of the time in life, you don't solve your problem with your muscle strength but with you brain. Fortunately for women, men don't have a monopoly on this.

Being able to fix a car doesn't mean you aspire to become a car mechanic. No even my husband who is quite handy would leave his good job to become a mechanic or plumber even though he is able to work on this area. Another way to look at it. Some of us are very good cook. But would we work in a restaurant (8 hours a day) and make cooking a career? Of course not.

• Advanced Member

Please someone help me to understand when this was said and why?

Amir a'-mu'minin, peace be upon him, said: Woman is evil, all in all; and the worst of it is that one cannot do without her

I'd rather be evil and have nice spiky ears than be a thirsty animal with saliva dripping down my mouth.
  • 6 years later...
  • Advanced Member
On 7/8/2013 at 7:40 AM, IbnSohan said:

the blog was suggested by another brother to me because I was asking for help to remember a hadith that said that arguing with women makes brain shrinks or something along these lines, well, I found the hadith though it is a bit different but it has almost equal side effect from arguing with women:

ما رواه الشيخ الصدوق في الخصال ، في باب الأربعة ، بسنده عن مسعدة بن صدقة ، عن جعفر بن محمد ، عن أبيه عليهما السلام قال : « قال رسول الله ( ص ) :

blank.gif أربعة يمتن القلب : الذنب على الذنب ، وكثرة مناقشة النساء ، ـ يعني محادثتهن ـ ومماراة الأحمق ، يقول وتقول ، ولا يؤول الى خير أبداً ، ومجالسة الموتى ، قيل والموتى ؟ قال : كل غني مترف » (4).

OK, I'll be polite and I'll explain the brain shrinking point ( though I am almost sure I've read that somewhere, curses upon shytan I forgot where though, but In sha Allah when I find it I'll share it with you )

The hadith says that arguing with women frequently ( or even discussing things with women) will turn the heart dead. ( I have no time to explain what a dead heart in Islamic terminology means , pardon me but I am writing this in a hurry)

so basically, arguing or discussing with women frequently ends up with a man not fearing Allah, or taking the laws lightly. ( I did not make up that hadith) which means that his judgement about what's right and wrong will be a bit blurred. (hence the brain shrinking , I used that word because I did not remember the exact words of the hadith, but honestly I am sure I've read a hadith like that, or maybe I've heard a scholar, anyways, no offence intended, this is my religion as much as it is the women religion and if there is anything offensive in these hadiths, they should be offensive to both men and women who follow this religion and honestly ii find this a wrong approach to religion.)

To Whom It May Concern,

I was reading old threads and came across this post. If conversing with women causes the power of reasoning to decay, then what about children who grow up in families in which the mother is the dominant personality? For example, if the children, especially males, come to depend on the mother for advice, then do their powers of reasoning begin to decrease? If a male child happens to born into such a family, in which the father is deficient in certain areas in which the male is expected, based on Islamic standards, to be strong and/or fortified, then how may the child compensate for possible negative side effects? Is the child doomed to receive deviation like a sponge and be consigned to Hell?

Most respectfully,

@Ashvazdanghe @Qa'im @hasanhh @The Green Knight